Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:11 AM

Here's a quick rant about the insane amount of bashing not just here but on the whole internet.

You have two systems the Xbox One and the PS4. Admittingly MS had a clumsy entrance but they climbed back up yet again people continue to bash it like fanboys do. Let me say that the Xbox One isn't that bad.

1. It does not spy in your living room,That would be highly illegal in many countries

2. It plays used games and doesn't require DRM...Y U NO HAPPY YET?!?!?

3. Great online features. The Xbox 360 featured some of the best online features around and it's sure to follow.

4. NOT EVERY GAME IS A MOTION GAME. The Kinect is being used mainly for voice commands.

5. Still plenty of IPs. Killer Instinct,Dead Rising 3,Ryse,Sunset Overdrive,and more to come.

6. Tons of features (Twitch,TV Tuner,etc.). I already wen't over that it had exclusives games. It has cool features too such as....Well about everything.

7. Decent price. It's only $100 more than the PS4. Calm down guys.

8. Great 3RD party support. Something the Wii U lacks. Let the hate begin.

If you are sticking to the PS4.PC,Wii U fine with me. Just remember the Xbone is still a great console just like the PS4 if you can get past your hate. And I love all systems so respect me.

Signature_DK.png

#2 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:16 AM

POPULAR

Those are great and all, but what about it makes it $100 better than the PS4?

I mean, with the removal of the DRM and all, they're also gonna have to cut a few more features as well.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#3 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:17 AM

POPULAR

Sections 9 and 12 of the updated terms of service are particularly scary :

If you accept the agreement, you “expressly authorize and consent to us accessing or disclosing information about you, including the content of your communications, in order to: (a) comply with the law or respond to lawful requests or legal process; ( B) protect the rights or property of Microsoft, our partners, or our customers, including the enforcement of our agreements or policies governing your use of the Service; or © act on a good faith belief that such access or disclosure is necessary to protect the personal safety of Microsoft employees, customers, or the public.”

They also reserve the right to monitor your voice and chat sessions through the Kinect.  Microsoft also gives out information to the NSA. You also can't turn it off or remove it, it's mandatory required.

The government has also been found to listen in on people's phone calls (recently a scandal came out). So what's stopping Microsoft from spying you when our own government does it? Microsoft and the United States government most likely will use it to spy on people with criminal offenses. .

100 dollars more yes, but it's for weaker specs and hardware. Why do we have to pay 500 for a console that's 50% weaker than the PS4? Essentially, yes they are charging for the Kinect. However, Microsoft  should of known their hardcore fanbase hated the Kinect and had such a strong dislike for it. Microsoft should of released two different SKUs; one with the Kinect and one without it.  

Again, the PS4 has much more better third party support. Titanfall reminds me of old school Halo (then again it's made by Bungie) so that's a good game. Ryse looks absolutely horrific, it's also recycles most of the gladiators models (from what I've seen in the trailer). KI I got excited for when they announced, but when they said it's P2P and you only have one character unlocked, that's extremely selfish and greedy. It's also not made by Rare.  The only game that will probably be good is Dead Rising 3, but I'm not too sure if that's coming out this year, probably next year. 

The only feature I'm interested is Twitch will probably eventually come to the PS4 and Wii U. I already have Netflix, Hulu, and Skype on my Smart TV/Computer, and it's bound to be the same features on the Xbox One, so why bother booting it up to use them when I can just use it on computer? 

The Xbone also has features that the Wii U and PS4 can do, but they charge you money for their online. Why should I pay money for features that I can get for free or an affordable price? 

It might be worth it, but definitely not at launch and definitely not now. 

Edited by Zinix, 20 June 2013 - 07:34 AM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#4 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

TenzĹŤ of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:26 AM

http://www.ign.com/a...d-game-policies

wjapt2.jpg

#5 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:27 AM

POPULAR

Here's a quick rant about the insane amount of bashing not just here but on the whole internet.

You have two systems the Xbox One and the PS4. Admittingly MS had a clumsy entrance but they climbed back up yet again people continue to bash it like fanboys do. Let me say that the Xbox One isn't that bad.

1. It does not spy in your living room,That would be highly illegal in many countries Yet the US Government did it anyway, Microsoft being a part of that spying

2. It plays used games and doesn't require DRM...Y U NO HAPPY YET?!?!? This is true, and I'm glad they've turned around on that. Although...the fact that they've changed it at the last minute does make me concerned somewhat. Like there's nothing stopping them from reinstating it.

3. Great online features. The Xbox 360 featured some of the best online features around and it's sure to follow. Sound assumption, I guess

4. NOT EVERY GAME IS A MOTION GAME. The Kinect is being used mainly for voice commands. Gonna be great when people online scream "Xbox Off"

5. Still plenty of IPs. Killer Instinct,Dead Rising 3,Ryse,Sunset Overdrive,and more to come. While Killer Instinct is making a return, it's basically another "microtransaction extravaganza" fighter. As of now, Ryse barely counts as a game seeing as it plays itself, as seen here: http://www.kotaku.co...ing-game-of-e3/ Sunset Overdrive does look kinda cool, Dead Rising may not stay an exclusive in the long run, given how DR2 and DR2: Off the Record are also available on the PS3/PC, but we'll see how that pans out in the future. That being said, yeah, it does have some nice games.

6. Tons of features (Twitch,TV Tuner,etc.). I already wen't over that it had exclusives games. It has cool features too such as....Well about everything. I'm buying a game console to play games. Not to use Twitter, watch TV straight out of it, record TV straight onto it. It's a bunch of fluff features that most people won't use anyway that's jacking up the price of the system.

7. Decent price. It's only $100 more than the PS4. Calm down guys. Price isn't bad, no.

8. Great 3RD party support. Something the Wii U lacks. Let the hate begin. Because the complete life of a console is decided in the first 8 months.

If you are sticking to the PS4.PC,Wii U fine with me. Just remember the Xbone is still a great console just like the PS4 if you can get past your hate. And I love all systems so respect me.

Answers in bold.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#6 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:28 AM

Those are great and all, but what about it makes it $100 better than the PS4?

I mean, with the removal of the DRM and all, they're also gonna have to cut a few more features as well.

Who needs to share their Xbox Live with 9 people and what's the big whoop about Cloud Storage?

Signature_DK.png

#7 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:29 AM

Who needs to share their Xbox Live with 9 people and what's the big whoop about Cloud Storage?

...So what makes the Xbone $100 better than the Sonybox?

#8 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:32 AM

POPULAR

...So what makes the Xbone $100 better than the Sonybox?

It comes with a lot of TV features and a Spynet Kinect, for starters.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#9 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:33 AM

You do realize that Microsoft have been bragging about  the power of the cloud right?  Microsoft has stated that with it, it's on par with the PS4, without it's weaker. So knocking off cloud storage is frivolous. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#10 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:34 AM

Answers in bold.

1. MS isn't the US government 

3. Well it was.

4. Voice command is fun and easy unlike jumping around and flailing your arms.

5. KI's DLC will probably be less than a $60 game. Ryse was a bad example. And DR3 may take a while to get ported.

6. That was my least powerful point. I understand that but the features are still cool.

8. Yeah but at least you won't have to wait ages for an install base.

Your comeback?

Signature_DK.png

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

1. It does not spy in your living room,That would be highly illegal in many countries

2. It plays used games and doesn't require DRM...Y U NO HAPPY YET?!?!?

3. Great online features. The Xbox 360 featured some of the best online features around and it's sure to follow.

4. NOT EVERY GAME IS A MOTION GAME. The Kinect is being used mainly for voice commands.

5. Still plenty of IPs. Killer Instinct,Dead Rising 3,Ryse,Sunset Overdrive,and more to come.

6. Tons of features (Twitch,TV Tuner,etc.). I already wen't over that it had exclusives games. It has cool features too such as....Well about everything.

7. Decent price. It's only $100 more than the PS4. Calm down guys.

8. Great 3RD party support. Something the Wii U lacks. Let the hate begin.

1. YAY SOMETHING THAT WE SHOULDN'T EVEN HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IS HAPPENING!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!

2. YAY SOMETHING THAT WE SHOULDN'T EVEN HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IS HAPPENING!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!

3. BEING A GLORIFIED PC, IT BETTER HAVE, BUT LOL THE MONTHLY PAYMENT FOR THE PRIVILEGE.

4. SAME FOR THE WII, BUT WHO CARES ABOUT THAT, IF SOMETHING IS OPTIONAL, IT'S FORCED AND EVERY GAME IS ALWAYS rainbow BECAUSE IT'S GOT AN OPTIONAL FEATURE ON THE CONSOLE.

5. THIRD PARTY AND 50 YEAR OLD DEAD IP'S. RELEVANT INDEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. SO DOES MY TV AND PHONE.

7. EXPENSIVE AS Wii.

8. THAT'S ALL THEY HAVE. If you bought a Nintendo console, you shouldn't even care about this. Because you obviously either already have a box for third party, or you don't like their bad games.

I'm sure you'll be back to bashing microsoft soon enough though, because you're fickle even on your soapboxes.

1. MS isn't the US government

she obviously means the FACT the FBI and co. log every single phone call in the US, and often countries other than the US for no reason other than the fact that they can do it and get away with it.

Edited by Nollog, 20 June 2013 - 07:37 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

It comes with a lot of TV features and a Spynet Kinect, for starters.

I'm sold.

#13 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

You do realize that Microsoft have been bragging about  the power of the cloud right?  Microsoft has stated that with it, it's on par with the PS4, without it's weaker. So knocking off cloud storage is frivolous. 

It wasn't important anyway.

Signature_DK.png

#14 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:35 AM

It wasn't important anyway.

It is important when you're selling a console for 500 and the competitors console is cheaper and more powerful. 

#15 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

They also reserve the right to monitor your voice and chat sessions through the Kinect.  Microsoft also gives out information to the NSA. You also can't turn it off or remove it, it's mandatory required.

The government has also been found to listen in on people's phone calls (recently a scandal came out). So what's stopping Microsoft from spying you when our own government does it? Microsoft and the United States government most likely will use it to spy on people with criminal offenses. .

100 dollars more yes, but it's for weaker specs and hardware. Why do we have to pay 500 for a console that's 50% weaker than the PS4? Essentially, yes they are charging for the Kinect. However, Microsoft  should of known their hardcore fanbase hated the Kinect and had such a strong dislike for it. Microsoft should of released two different SKUs; one with the Kinect and one without it.  

Again, the PS4 has much more better third party support. Titanfall reminds me of old school Halo (then again it's made by Bungie) so that's a good game. Ryse looks absolutely horrific, it's also recycles most of the gladiators models (from what I've seen in the trailer). KI I got excited for when they announced, but when they said it's P2P and you only have one character unlocked, that's extremely selfish and greedy. It's also not made by Rare.  The only game that will probably be good is Dead Rising 3, but I'm not too sure if that's coming out this year, probably next year. 

The only feature I'm interested is Twitch will probably eventually come to the PS4 and Wii U. I already have Netflix, Hulu, and Skype on my Smart TV/Computer, and it's bound to be the same features on the Xbox One, so why bother booting it up to use them when I can just use it on computer? 

The Xbone also has features that the Wii U and PS4 can do, but they charge you money for their online. Why should I pay money for features that I can get for free or an affordable price? 

It might be worth it, but definitely not at launch and definitely not now. 

It's for Quality Control purposes and probably has nothing to do with anything going on in your living room.

1. YAY SOMETHING THAT WE SHOULDN'T EVEN HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IS HAPPENING!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!

2. YAY SOMETHING THAT WE SHOULDN'T EVEN HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IS HAPPENING!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!

3. BEING A GLORIFIED PC, IT BETTER HAVE, BUT LOL THE MONTHLY PAYMENT FOR THE PRIVILEGE.

4. SAME FOR THE WII, BUT WHO CARES ABOUT THAT, IF SOMETHING IS OPTIONAL, IT'S FORCED AND EVERY GAME IS ALWAYS rainbow BECAUSE IT'S GOT AN OPTIONAL FEATURE ON THE CONSOLE.

5. THIRD PARTY AND 50 YEAR OLD DEAD IP'S. RELEVANT INDEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. SO DOES MY TV AND PHONE.

7. EXPENSIVE AS Wii.

8. THAT'S ALL THEY HAVE. If you bought a Nintendo console, you shouldn't even care about this. Because you obviously either already have a box for third party, or you don't like their bad games.

I'm sure you'll be back to bashing microsoft soon enough though, because you're fickle even on your soapboxes.

she obviously means the FACT the FBI and co. log every single phone call in the US, and often countries other than the US for no reason other than the fact that they can do it and get away with it.

Are you done???

Signature_DK.png

#16 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:39 AM

It's for Quality Control purposes and probably has nothing to do with anything going on in your living room.

Quality control?  Yeah right. They did it cause they want to invade our privacy. You think they didn't have this in mind when they were researching this? 

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:39 AM

POPULAR

Are you done???

Are you done?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:40 AM

Are you done?

I don't think you understood me. I was bringing up valid points and you seemed like you were overreacting a bit.

Edited by Rose Red, 20 June 2013 - 07:41 AM.

Signature_DK.png

#19 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:42 AM

I just want to clarify a few things here that people seem unable to pick up through the sludge of sensationalist headlines coming from several media outlets.

NSA was never tapping phones, they were never listening to calls.  The only data available to them was the location of the phone when a call was made and who calls were made to, when they have sufficient evidence against a person who they believe to be involved in a potential terror plot, they can get authorization to wiretap, but they need several layers of probable cause to do so.  The providers only released information based on court order, when there was just cause to subpoena the information.  They can only get this information from American based providers.  If it worries you, switch to T-Mobile.

Microsoft, like every other tech company in the world, has to abide by international law as well as domestic law in the countries in which it operates.  The data collected by Microsoft from Windows and their other services only becomes available through court order, and Microsoft still has the right to refuse requests it deems excessive, unnecessary, or unwarranted.  Most requests for information come from local police authorities, not the federal government.

Kinect is a listening device, and similar to the microphone and camera on your cell phone has the potential to be used against you by malicious people who gain unauthorized access.  Your phone is easier to hack than XBOX, and can give much more information about you, including GPS location, Speed, Direction, and more personal information.  Potential consumers should understand the risks involved with such devices and proceed according to their principles.

#20 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:44 AM

Quality control?  Yeah right. They did it cause they want to invade our privacy. You think they didn't have this in mind when they were researching this? 

Even Alex Jones is sane compared to this insane conspiracy theory. I don't even......

I just want to clarify a few things here that people seem unable to pick up through the sludge of sensationalist headlines coming from several media outlets.

NSA was never tapping phones, they were never listening to calls.  The only data available to them was the location of the phone when a call was made and who calls were made to.  The providers only released information based on court order, when there was just cause to subpoena the information.  They can only get this information from American based providers.  If it worries you, switch to T-Mobile.

Microsoft, like every other tech company in the world, has to abide by international law as well as domestic law in the countries in which it operates.  The data collected by Microsoft from Windows and their other services only becomes available through court order, and Microsoft still has the right to refuse requests it deems excessive, unnecessary, or unwarranted.  Most requests for information come from local police authorities, not the federal government.

Kinect is a listening device, and similar to the microphone and camera on your cell phone has the potential to be used against you by malicious people who gain unauthorized access.  Your phone is easier to hack than XBOX, and can give much more information about you, including GPS location, Speed, Direction, and more personal information.  Potential consumers should understand the risks involved with such devices and proceed according to their principles.

In that case why are you on the internet?

Signature_DK.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fanboys, console bashing, never happy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!