Photo

Wii U Still out-selling current-gen competition.

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:23 PM

http://www.extremete...-at-3-6-million
Sony have been outed again by claiming over 6 million sales sometime last month, the official numbers show only 5.3 million (more than 300,000 less than the Wii U numbers from the January investors meeting from Nintendo)
Meanwhile, the x1 sits at 3.3 million.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#2 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:40 PM

That's worse than I was expecting. Man, get with it Sony.

Oh wait...I'm not a silly emo troll. ^^

Crazy sales.

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:45 PM

" in the red since last gen " - Sony

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:49 PM

http://thewiiu.com/t...on/#entry273296

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 Captain Marvelous

Captain Marvelous

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

Sony started this gen in good shape they will put some pressure on MS even before they release Xbox One on the rest of the world.

God damn it i really have to buy a ps4 before The Show 14 comes out....

"Did you know that we're traveling this galaxy because we have pride? We will always fight it it's to protect that pride. Even if it means being called a pirate. Even if... the whole galaxy were our enemy!" - Captain Marvelous

#6 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

Just wanted to let Nollog/Zinix know that I've merged the two threads, and compiled the first-post information/quotes into one. Only transferred Zinix's thread to Nollog's because Nollog's was first.

Carry on.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#7 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:33 PM

So it looks like it will be PS4, followed by Wii U and then X1.

While PS4 doesn't have Nintendo IPs and the generally high quality/audience that goes with them, they have a great marketing campaign, their own IP set aimed mostly at the teenage/young adult/manchild crowd, superiority in ports this time around, and being a great new extension to PS3 and Vita. It also looks like they don't want to have too much of a drought, possibly seeing what happened to Wii U and 3DS, and are aiming for consistent releases. Sony is also pretty good with the indie support, although the Wii U looks like it will get some of the best. Sony hasn't pulled any punches, it shows, and good on them.

The Wii U has all the good exclusive IPs coming soon, like X, Bayo 2 and Smash. They also have a lot of indies going left and right for them, which is good to see as they fell pretty hard on the Wii until its later years. It's not getting all the 'standard' third party support like it should be, and so its gonna be drought riddled unless Nintendo starts pushing for more development by whoever. Although, this will make Nintendo have a pest free library, unlike the Wii. That doesn't mean Nintendo will fall behind though, as they are still well and truly riding the wave of success of the 3DS.

Also, Monster Hunter. All the Monster Hunter.

The X1 is unjustifiable at the moment. I honestly would love to have one just so I can get into Killer Instinct, which is practically the only game I want for it. But I'd like it free of charge. hurr

Real Talk: The X1 isn't centric to the gamer, although this is something that Microsoft wanted to do. The X1 however is supposed to be aimed at the gamer. It's not really filling it's brief, has premium charge, and was more or less hoping to capitalise on the success of the 360. So what they did was add stuff instead of improving stuff, and it has held the X1's game capability right back. We also know the X1 won't do well in Japan, nor will it get a lot of the games that the Wii U and PS4 will should history repeat itself.

Although, it's way too early to call it. But I will anyway.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#8 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:33 PM

Sony will be in the league soon.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#9 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:49 PM

The League of Extraordinary Gentleconsoles

I know I had nothing before I started.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#10 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:00 PM

The PS4 is not so far behind the Wii U's lifetime sales, and it has not come out in Japan yet. It's only been out for a few months and has already sold over 5 million - PS4 will win in terms of sales this generation that's for sure.

Bring the noise.

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:16 PM

Sony will be in the league soon.

In the loser's league! boom!

That marketing though.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:01 PM

In the loser's league! boom!

That marketing though.

I use my Wii u as a bookmark. 

Edited by U Mirin' Brah?, 18 February 2014 - 04:01 PM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:13 PM

I use my Wii u as a bookmark.

I use mine as a monster hunter

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:18 PM

This is a tough gen to call in terms of sales. Wii U had early lead being out sooner, PS4 selling like hotcakes and Xbone will surely claw back with Titanfall. PS4 won't drop under £300 until 3-4 years. Xbone will match PS4 price without Kinect and Wii U will be the cheapest still.

What happens in a year or two when all systems have most of their best exclusives out while being lower priced? Tough one.

#15 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:16 AM

Don't leave out Sony/Nintendo are kissing indies feet and treating them like kings. MS came in waddling  late and drunk and farts on the honored guests then passes out messing themselves.

#16 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:41 AM

Don't leave out Sony/Nintendo are kissing indies feet and treating them like kings. MS came in waddling  late and drunk and farts on the honored guests then passes out messing themselves.

You have the most interesting imagery on this site...

It never ceases to amaze me just how important advertising is. I mean I've seen it with apple and beats, but still... are people really THAT lazy that they can't check for reliable info before blowing hundreds of dollars?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#17 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:22 PM

Want to know something funny. I have a few pairs of headphones that have some style and sound better than Beats and I paid 10$ for each of them at Big Lots. Yes Big Lots. Why so many..eh  I go through phases. Beats are the biggest POS. Go to deal extreme if you want the exact same style better sound and a 3rd the cost lol http://dx.com/p/syll...40#.UwUhMFfZmUk

Edited by Ryudo, 19 February 2014 - 01:25 PM.

#18 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:15 PM

Want to know something funny. I have a few pairs of headphones that have some style and sound better than Beats and I paid 10$ for each of them at Big Lots. Yes Big Lots. Why so many..eh  I go through phases. Beats are the biggest POS. Go to deal extreme if you want the exact same style better sound and a 3rd the cost lol http://dx.com/p/syll...40#.UwUhMFfZmUk

Beats go for like $20 in China and Hong Kong.
They're allotted a few for local selling off the assembly line.
DX are in HK.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#19 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:08 PM

Beats go for like $20 in China and Hong Kong.
They're allotted a few for local selling off the assembly line.
DX are in HK.

Well I knew DX was HK been buying from them for a decade nearly. Didn't knwo they had leftovers. Headphones oand PC headssets gotten from them worked very well. Point still stands you can get the same thing or better for a lot less.

#20 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:17 AM

Beats aren't all crap, and they're worth about 50 - 100. What makes it bad is you pay 200-300 for those pairs, and the more expensive they get, the worse they are.

Mmm that crappy mid bass hump.

But they're loud guys, so totally worth.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!