Photo

Wii U Still out-selling current-gen competition.

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#21 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:56 PM

the way i see it...

Ps4 wins over a 150m sales

xbox one will be about 30-40m , it will be the gamecube of this generation.

wii U is doom and glum about 15m, like never existed...  Nintendo will make a new console in 2 years I bet.  If we monitor the lifespan of their consoles, they play between 4-6 years for each platform... If wii U cannot make it, they will release a new one in 2+years.  (this year is very critical for wii U, lets wait and see, after mario kart8 and bayonetta, how it goes).

overall.... Sony stays, nintendo will make another platform, microsoft may leave.

Edited by Plutonas, 20 February 2014 - 04:02 PM.

#22 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:20 PM

the way i see it...

wii U is doom and glum about 15m, like never existed...  Nintendo will make a new console in 2 years I bet.  If we monitor the lifespan of their consoles, they play between 4-6 years for each platform... If wii U cannot make it, they will release a new one in 2+years.  (this year is very critical for wii U, lets wait and see, after mario kart8 and bayonetta, how it goes).

overall.... Sony stays, nintendo will make another platform, microsoft may leave.

p4 will sell 70million
x1 20 million
wii u 300 million

New console from nintendo in 2018

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#23 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:19 PM

the way i see it...

What are you smoking... 150m for PS4? Not the way the world is currently.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#24 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

So hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on. Let me see if I have this straight.

The $400 console that isn't marketed towards the family/casual market whatsoever is going to sell more than the $250/$200 Wii, which, if I remember anything about the last generation, completely caught on with the family/casual crowd, completely blew any and all sales expectations out of the water, and still only sold almost 101 million consoles worldwide?

dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#25 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

the way i see it...

Go back to VGchartz with that horse manure. Stop smoking the cellophane.

Edited by Ryudo, 20 February 2014 - 08:20 PM.

#26 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

p4 will sell 70million
x1 20 million
wii u 300 million

New console from nintendo in 2018

i am not a hater, i c things realistic :)  I did the same thing, I saw it comming, with the controller, before they even release it. :)

You can search my very first posts, before even wii U get released, I screamed about against the controller, while others wanted 2-3-4 screen controllers. :)

So hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on. Let me see if I have this straight.

The $400 console that isn't marketed towards the family/casual market whatsoever is going to sell more than the $250/$200 Wii, which, if I remember anything about the last generation, completely caught on with the family/casual crowd, completely blew any and all sales expectations out of the water, and still only sold almost 101 million consoles worldwide?

dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

I thought wii U was ponting to core gamers and hardcore stuff..? change of plans? :P  It will face even bigger problems if they focus in Wii stuff, because casuals and family, change 1 device, every 20 years....

What are you smoking... 150m for PS4? Not the way the world is currently.

ps2 did! why not ps4.. I dont own any console yet... I upgraded my PC and waiting to see games and stuff.

but if you love some comforting... I dont think x1 will increase its sales from titanfall or any equivalent to titanfall.... I like fps games, but this game is very dry, EA is dry, EA games for a reason are soulless, dragonian. They have no spirit and it creates you a mud, not to play them... Maybe the truth about EA is somewhat near to that theory. Its not the EA that I knew in the past. Their games now are a bit... More like a monkey is trying to create something unique for a human brain and they cant do it.  Only bioware makes somewhat good games, but they loosing it in a long term support... Like Swtor.  Maybe because they rush the games like a fast food company... I have little and big hopes for the upcomming titles from EA ( Battlefront, Dragon age 3, mass effect 4, star wars open world RPG). 90% of them are Bioware.

I saw it in action and I got bored before I even wanted to download the demo of it, in my PC. Maybe gear of wars when it comes out and halo... other than that.... xbox 1 is.... crap and you can see that in the sales... I bet the next couple of years, wii U will be in front xbox 1 in total sales... ps4 will move frwrd, without any competition. To about defend my statement about ps4... Imagine that ps4 is not officially released in Japan yet.

there is already doom and gloom articles in financial and non gaming news sites...like Yahoo, abc... First of all its more expensive and buggy and secondly, its a trojan...

Edited by Plutonas, 20 February 2014 - 10:13 PM.

#27 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:39 PM

i c things realistic :)

Ldt72.gif

#28 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:13 PM

PS2 had much going for it thanks to SEGA,Nintendo and MS. SEGA put out the DC then discontinued it. Nintendo was hot off the not so great sales but semi modest of N64. MS was brand new and many were not sure about them.  PC gaming in that age was very niche and that was the era of "oh noes PC gaming is dying!" 3rd parties had almost nowhere to go and Indies were not even a blip yet. Devs costs were much less then. Economy was not in the pits just yet even with 9/11 and people spent more easily. Handhelds were not good enough yet for portable console like experience. PS2 also was cheapest DVD player when it launched.

Now Wii U maybe struggling but sales are doing better and it is hot off a 100mill selling system thanks to it being so different and cheap and a big 2014 lineup. 360 did really well and XBO will do better when Titanfall launches to kickstart it. 3rd parties these days have loads of options.  Steam is around and GoG and now PC gaming is more alive than ever. Dev costs are much much much higher to the point they are choking to far less rick so won;t be seeing the 4000 titles PS2 offered...retail. Much of the indie games on PS4 be on other platforms. 3DS and Vita can give a console like experience in terms of power. Economy is piss.

I highly doubt we see a console sell like PS2 again. Wii was cheap. PS3 & 360 went on 8 years before their successor. If they ended at the usual 5. Sales be almost half what they got. This gen may not last that long. Last gen lasted so long as those consoles when they released they could keep up with high end PC's those first 2 years and still looked good til the end. PS4/XBO are low end PC's. Western devs are PC first many of them and want Sony & MS to move on in 4-5 years. Wii U is custom so not compared to a PC. Nintendo normally goes 5-6 anyway regardless.

PS2 did well in a more solid economy. Had an iron grip on developers balls like Nintendo did in the 80's and even gave them ultimatums (no joke) and was also helped by the market in a transition and hot off PS1 success.

Edited by Ryudo, 20 February 2014 - 11:20 PM.

#29 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:15 PM

i am not a hater, i c things realistic :)  I did the same thing, I saw it comming, with the controller, before they even release it. :)

You can search my very first posts, before even wii U get released, I screamed about against the controller, while others wanted 2-3-4 screen controllers. :)

I thought wii U was ponting to core gamers and hardcore stuff..? change of plans? :P  It will face even bigger problems if they focus in Wii stuff, because casuals and family, change 1 device, every 20 years....

ps2 did! why not ps4.. I dont own any console yet... I upgraded my PC and waiting to see games and stuff.

but if you love some comforting... I dont think x1 will increase its sales from titanfall or any equivalent to titanfall.... I like fps games, but this game is very dry, EA is dry, EA games for a reason are soulless, dragonian. They have no spirit and it creates you a mud, not to play them... Maybe the truth about EA is somewhat near to that theory. Its not the EA that I knew in the past. Their games now are a bit... More like a monkey is trying to create something unique for a human brain and they cant do it.  Only bioware makes somewhat good games, but they loosing it in a long term support... Like Swtor.  Maybe because they rush the games like a fast food company... I have little and big hopes for the upcomming titles from EA ( Battlefront, Dragon age 3, mass effect 4, star wars open world RPG). 90% of them are Bioware.

I saw it in action and I got bored before I even wanted to download the demo of it, in my PC. Maybe gear of wars when it comes out and halo... other than that.... xbox 1 is.... crap and you can see that in the sales... I bet the next couple of years, wii U will be in front xbox 1 in total sales... ps4 will move frwrd, without any competition. To about defend my statement about ps4... Imagine that ps4 is not officially released in Japan yet.

there is already doom and gloom articles in financial and non gaming news sites...like Yahoo, abc... First of all its more expensive and buggy and secondly, its a trojan...

PS2 sold because it was a DVD player.
Everything else you said blew my mind too much to gather my thoughts, as always.
Love your posts.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#30 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:55 PM

Don't leave out Sony/Steam are kissing indies feet and treating them like kings. Nintendo came in waddling  late and drunk and farts on the honored guests then passes out messing themselves.

Fixed.

Молоту войн и рокоту гроз вольные рати верны, где ветром могучим из братины звёзд рунные стяги пьяны.

#31 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

Fixed.

No Nintendo. Steam is an ass to work with. Seriously Greenlight is pain in the ass. Ask Madotter Games ask Renegade kid and many more. Steam is not easy to work with by any means because greenlight is a spiked buttplug for indies, Nintendo/Sony stands. Indies put so much on steam because so many people have it.

This is just renegade kids article but many more like him. They are not happy with it at all.

http://www.vg247.com...eam-greenlight/

Edited by Ryudo, 21 February 2014 - 06:06 PM.

#32 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:02 AM

No Nintendo. Steam is an ass to work with. Seriously Greenlight is pain in the ass. Ask Madotter Games ask Renegade kid and many more. Steam is not easy to work with by any means because greenlight is a spiked buttplug for indies, Nintendo/Sony stands. Indies put so much on steam because so many people have it.

This is just renegade kids article but many more like him. They are not happy with it at all.
http://www.vg247.com...eam-greenlight/

Steam are by far the best and easiest to work with to publish your game on a platform.
They also go out of their way to contact independent developers and often check up on them without any real need to, aside from wanting to see if they're working on anything new.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#33 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:36 AM

Steam are by far the best and easiest to work with to publish your game on a platform.
They also go out of their way to contact independent developers and often check up on them without any real need to, aside from wanting to see if they're working on anything new.

No not greenlight. Friend at Madotter trying to get Red Barron and Renegade Kid and many more indies have complained about how Greenlight is a pain in the ass to work with and if you click the link to read you will find out why.

http://www.destructo...er-255222.phtml

Others had issues with Greenlight

http://indiestatik.c...ight-criticism/

https://docs.google....GNuJHIQtA8/edit

Edited by Ryudo, 22 February 2014 - 01:40 AM.

#34 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:38 AM

I really wish the Wii U starts selling better because as a GAMING CONSOLE i think it is great. Of course Nintendo needs to market it more and expand their offerings t show the console is capable of SO much more. Its on their shoulders.

#35 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:03 AM

No not greenlight. Friend at Madotter trying to get Red Barron and Renegade Kid and many more indies have complained about how Greenlight is a pain in the ass to work with and if you click the link to read you will find out why.
http://www.destructo...er-255222.phtml

Others had issues with Greenlight
http://indiestatik.c...ight-criticism/

https://docs.google....GNuJHIQtA8/edit

Hating on the community says nothing about Steam and Valve.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#36 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:32 AM

Outselling current gen (X360/PS3) i thought the WiiU was next-gen (PS4/X1) ?

#37 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:26 AM

You're silly.
Nothing is going to outsell 20$ old-last-gen consoles with 200 million installed.

The Wii U Has Sold More Than 6 Million Units.
Just this week, Sony announced a 5 Million landmark for the P4, while the x1 is around 4 Million.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#38 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:32 AM

Last gen: X360/PS3

Current gen: WiiU/PS4/X1

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#39 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:47 AM

The PS4 is not so far behind the Wii U's lifetime sales, and it has not come out in Japan yet. It's only been out for a few months and has already sold over 5 million - PS4 will win in terms of sales this generation that's for sure.

It's going to destroy the Wii U in the same way the PS1 destroyed the N64 and the PS2 destroyed the Gamecube.

#40 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:55 PM

It's going to destroy the Wii U in the same way the PS1 destroyed the N64 and the PS2 destroyed the Gamecube.

That's a bit racist.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!