Photo

Wii U Still out-selling current-gen competition.

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#41 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:41 AM

Beats aren't all crap, and they're worth about 50 - 100. What makes it bad is you pay 200-300 for those pairs, and the more expensive they get, the worse they are.
Mmm that crappy mid bass hump.
But they're loud guys, so totally worth.

LOL Beats are a joke.

So-so hardware and basically a preset equalizer setting that was "tuned" by Dre's preferences instead of your own.

No thanks. Though the logo is clean and the headphone design is modern and decent looking.

#42 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

xbox one price is dropping by 100$, so i start believing what vgchart says here... http://www.vgchartz.com/

wii U about 40k and xbox one 48k... lol  Now when they drop the price, they may earn 500k sales more as a boost, but it will drop again at the current rates. I bet.

http://news.yahoo.co...-181840337.html

now ps4 is 3x from wii U and xbox one... Thats good news though, because Wii U will not left alone, for a long time, so that may give some boost into 3rd party support.

Edited by Plutonas, 24 February 2014 - 12:41 PM.

#43 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

LOL Beats are a joke.

So-so hardware and basically a preset equalizer setting that was "tuned" by Dre's preferences instead of your own.

No thanks. Though the logo is clean and the headphone design is modern and decent looking.

You are a filthy liar! Beats are the best headphones in the world! Proof!!!!:

http://www.head-fi.o...rketing-schemes

!!!!!!!

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#44 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:42 PM

$300 Beats or $10 Sony headphones

I'm going with the later on my general purpose usage.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#45 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:34 PM

You are a filthy liar! Beats are the best headphones in the world! Proof!!!!:
http://www.head-fi.o...rketing-schemes

!!!!!!!

Hahaha

Classic!

Or.. You could buy a set of high quality noise-canceling headphones...

#46 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:53 PM

$300 Beats or $10 Sony headphones

I'm going with the later on my general purpose usage.

See this makes me sad. Everytime I say beats are a rip off,99% of people think I say that because you shouldn't  pay $300 for headphones.

you shouldn't pay $300 for Beatsspecifically there are lots of headphones out there totally worth 300 bucks.

Even 10 dollars for sony headphones probably isn't the best deal. I'm nearly positive you can get better headphones for that price. It's all about researching before you buy.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#47 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:32 AM

http://www.extremete...-at-3-6-million
Sony have been outed again by claiming over 6 million sales sometime last month, the official numbers show only 5.3 million (more than 300,000 less than the Wii U numbers from the January investors meeting from Nintendo)
Meanwhile, the x1 sits at 3.3 million.

I will give you one thing you will bravely go down with this sinking ship.

I mean come on! The PS4 had only been out since November and it will be leaving the Wii U in the dust by next holiday season.

Your numbers didn't even consider the upcoming Japanese launch. That was obviously going to take it past the Wii U.

The part that makes me upset about the whole thing is how Nintendo put out a half-assed product with the idea of selling 100 million units at a profit. Oops. Didn't work this time.

The PS4 blows it out of the water in every way imaginable. There is not one 3rd party game you would buy for it that isn't better on the other new systems.

Due to their inability to out out a competitive console the consumer is telling Nintendo they failed this time.

The could have done better.

I am glad I have one for the Nintendo games. But that is the only thing I will use it for. That and my 3 year old absolutely loves it. It is mind of cool that he can play on the gamepad.

Edited by Dharmanator, 26 February 2014 - 10:36 AM.

#48 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:01 AM

I mean come on! The PS4 had only been out since November and it will be leaving the Wii U in the dust by next holiday season.

Your numbers didn't even consider the upcoming Japanese launch. That was obviously going to take it past the Wii U.

The part that makes me upset about the whole thing is how Nintendo put out a half-assed product with the idea of selling 100 million units at a profit. Oops. Didn't work this time.

The PS4 blows it out of the water in every way imaginable. There is not one 3rd party game you would buy for it that isn't better on the other new systems.

Due to their inability to out out a competitive console the consumer is telling Nintendo they failed this time.

I'm going to edit my post now to say i'm a nintendo fan despite the fact i hate them and want them to die because i love sucking on sony's milk hehehe lol stupid nintendo fans i can be sonice person-tits about them in this post and they're so dumb that this one line like "i love nintendo, don't get me wrong" makes me a nintendo fan lolol!! haahaha!! horsing nintendo fans... nine-ten year olds!! sony ftw woo!!! hypeps4 wooo sony!!!!

I'm reporting facts.
Sony haven't sold as many consoles as Nintendo have this generation.

Third party companies throw all their support at a console which has less of an install base than Nintendo constantly.
With over 1 million more gamers to sell their games to, they are instead focusing on a console with just 3-4 million users, and a horrible imagine to gamers(x1), and a console which is all hype and no substance, with over 5 million sales(p4), many of which are in the UK, which historically are owned by Sony, and their hype marketing techniques.
Just look at how PSV does in the UK, and it has 2 games total.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#49 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:49 AM

I use my Wii u as a bookmark. 

i use it as a cupholder.

#50 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

I'm reporting facts.
Sony haven't sold as many consoles as Nintendo have this generation.

Third party companies throw all their support at a console which has less of an install base than Nintendo constantly.
With over 1 million more gamers to sell their games to, they are instead focusing on a console with just 3-4 million users, and a horrible imagine to gamers(x1), and a console which is all hype and no substance, with over 5 million sales(p4), many of which are in the UK, which historically are owned by Sony, and their hype marketing techniques.
Just look at how PSV does in the UK, and it has 2 games total.

Well, you have to applaude the Sony hype machine. People know what a PS4 is. I know people at work (who aren't games) that ask me when the new Nintendo console is coming out.

I still expect a 30 million Wii U install base. But PS4 will have about 3 times that.

Let's face the facts. The PS4 has way more power to satisfy the 3rd party companies and some very good exclusives.

Edited by Dharmanator, 26 February 2014 - 01:11 PM.

#51 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:23 PM

Well, you have to applaude the Sony hype machine. People know what a PS4 is. I know people at work (who aren't games) that ask me when the new Nintendo console is coming out.

I still expect a 30 million Wii U install base. But PS4 will have about 3 times that.

Let's face the facts. The PS4 has way more power to satisfy the 3rd party companies and some very good exclusives.

What exclusives?
Infamous?
That's 1.
And does it even have a release date that isn't utter unicorn tongue hype?

It's a shame people are stupid, and buy into hypemachine advertising techniques.
And nobody at your work should be a game. That would be strange.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#52 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

I am glad I have one for the Nintendo games. But that is the only thing I will use it for. That and my 3 year old absolutely loves it. It is mind of cool that he can play on the gamepad.

Oh look it's sailtheseas v2.0!

Now with twice the unwarranted arrogance!

Edited by WydrA, 26 February 2014 - 01:54 PM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#53 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

Oh look it's sailtheseas v2.0!
Now with twice the unwarranted arrogance!

Dharma was here first actually, and don't be rude you silly mother-horsing goose.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#54 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:55 PM

Dharma was here first actually, and don't be rude you silly mother-horsing goose.

Thanks for the back up 8).

It may be hard to remember, but I do want the Wii U to succeed. I have just become jaded by what I perceive as a lack of attentiveness by Nintendo. I just want great games on any system.

I just don't see how Big N will compete in going beyond 1st party games and drawing a bigger audience. The system will not be a bust but it also won't be the b leader this time.

As far as Sony exclusives I enjoy media molecule games. I like Uncharted. Infamous will be good.

#55 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:16 PM

My WiiU when it goes 88pixels per hour I see some serious shnit. I went back to the 16 bit era played some Earthbound..also my mother was a hot Lea Thompson for some reason.

#56 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:01 AM

:3

Thanks for the back up 8).

It may be hard to remember, but I do want the Wii U to succeed. I have just become jaded by what I perceive as a lack of attentiveness by Nintendo. I just want great games on any system.

I just don't see how Big N will compete in going beyond 1st party games and drawing a bigger audience. The system will not be a bust but it also won't be the b leader this time.

As far as Sony exclusives I enjoy media molecule games. I like Uncharted. Infamous will be good.

I said what I said because saying that the PS4 is better than Wii u in every way is just straight up untrue and a pretty dumb hing to say. Much like something to sailtheseas would say...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#57 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:42 AM

:3
I said what I said because saying that the PS4 is better than Wii u in every way is just straight up untrue and a pretty dumb hing to say. Much like something to sailtheseas would say...

The only thing the Wii U is better at is second screen direct play. That is a Nice feature, but hardly a system seller. Otherwise the gamepad is a gimmick.

#58 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:21 AM

The only thing the Wii U is better at is second screen direct play. That is a Nice feature, but hardly a system seller. Otherwise the gamepad is a gimmick.

You may be British, but 3dWorld is better than Knack.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#59 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:37 PM

Nope, wrong again. Also, like Nollog said, there's the (pretty huge) issue of games. Also, Miiverse. Sure there are other things but 1. I'm too lazy to think of them 2. I have about 0.1% chance of every buying a PS4, therefore I have next to no knowledge of what it can and cannot do.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#60 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:59 PM

Nope, wrong again. Also, like Nollog said, there's the (pretty huge) issue of games. Also, Miiverse. Sure there are other things but 1. I'm too lazy to think of them 2. I have about 0.1% chance of every buying a PS4, therefore I have next to no knowledge of what it can and cannot do.

It only does everything anyway.
BORING!

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!