Photo

Wii U Still out-selling current-gen competition.

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:01 AM

there are lots of headphones out there totally worth 300 bucks.

wut

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#62 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:16 PM

wut

She's saying that there is an audible difference in some headsets.
If you were a producer or sound engineer, you may be interested in a set at $300, but as someone who just listens to their ZUNE, why would you bother? Just get a $1 set of earbuds.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#63 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:53 PM

wut

She's saying that there is an audible difference in some headsets.
If you were a producer or sound engineer, you may be interested in a set at $300, but as someone who just listens to their ZUNE, why would you bother? Just get a $1 set of earbuds.

You don't even have to be a producer or sound engineer. Just someone who realy cares about your music, and hearng every detail in your music. That's where my interest in headphones started, producing came afterwards for me. When it comes to that there are still headphones worth 300 bucks and much, much more.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#64 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:12 PM

You don't even have to be a producer or sound engineer. Just someone who realy cares about your music, and hearng every detail in your music. That's where my interest in headphones started, producing came afterwards for me. When it comes to that there are still headphones worth 300 bucks and much, much more.

You just admitted to being an audiophile. The only consumers who buy 300$ headphones NOT a celeb endorsed product and not a sound engineer. Audiophile. No not saying it as an insult. Everyone has something they are pasionate about and very detail oriented over. Do you have those things that use old 50's vacum tubes? I don't know what they are but seen it in a lot of PC rigs used for headphones for music.

#65 twohits

twohits

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • NNID:twohits

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:26 AM

I have a friend who purchased both a Sony PS4 and an XBOX One system a week apart on their release dates, he then invited me over at one in the morning to play them when he got his XBOX.  I was very impressed with the PS4's design and graphical output, but was confused over the large size of the XBOX One and ridiculously long registration process just to play the first game.   I waited two months then purchased a Wii U and invited this same friend to play Super Mario 3D World, needless to say the following afternoon he purchased a Wii U and 2DS, sick.         

#66 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:26 AM

PS4 has outsold the Wii U? Well I didn't see that happening....

#67 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:58 AM

PS4 has outsold the Wii U? Well I didn't see that happening....

It still hasn't done so.
The PS4's latest figures put it at around 6 million.

Meanwhile, the latest figures from Nintendo from December 2013, put it at just under 6 million, in those 3 months it's sold at least 100,000 in Japan alone, weekly.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#68 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:54 AM

It still hasn't done so.
The PS4's latest figures put it at around 6 million.

Meanwhile, the latest figures from Nintendo from December 2013, put it at just under 6 million, in those 3 months it's sold at least 100,000 in Japan alone, weekly.

The Wii U sells 100,000 units per week in Japan?

Of course it does LAUGHS OUT LOUD*

Edited by SailtheSeas, 05 March 2014 - 11:54 AM.

#69 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:41 PM

So it's something like 6mil to 7.5mil now?

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#70 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:53 PM

The Wii U sells 100,000 units per week in Japan?

Of course it does LAUGHS OUT LOUD*

http://gematsu.com/t...ia-create-sales

1.9 million in 1 week.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#71 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:04 PM

You just admitted to being an audiophile. The only consumers who buy 300$ headphones NOT a celeb endorsed product and not a sound engineer. Audiophile. No not saying it as an insult. Everyone has something they are pasionate about and very detail oriented over. Do you have those things that use old 50's vacum tubes? I don't know what they are but seen it in a lot of PC rigs used for headphones for music.

I don't consider myself an audiophile because I don't have enough knowledge of the subject in my opinion. I've just done my research on the headphones I've bought, and want to gt the best headphones I can for a price I'm comfortable paying (which isn't $300 by the way :P my current pair cost me about $135 and are worth about $170). And really if people who are willing to pay 300 for celebrity endorsed, should either be willing to pay the same for headphones that actually do what they like to strut around claiming their can do (but can't). Either that or admit they only care about following the latest trends and trying to garner the respect and props from worthless sources, and are willing to overpay $200+ dollars to do so.

purchased a 2DS, sick.         

Awwwwww...

and I totally believed you up until that point as well :/

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#72 ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

Can't tell if the thread is about headphones or sales, but the Wii U's numbers haven't really been officially updated yet.  Funnily enough, Nintendo stated they had sold 5.86 million Wii U's by the end of December 2013.

We haven't really gotten an update since then, and won't until the end of this month.

Naturally, I would bet they sold over 240k units worldwide in 3 months, so they're definitely going to be over 6 million as well!

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!

Sig_Banner.jpg

www.youtube.com/zyroxz2

Enjoy!  :laugh:

#73 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:50 PM

Can't tell if the thread is about headphones or sales, but the Wii U's numbers haven't really been officially updated yet.  Funnily enough, Nintendo stated they had sold 5.86 million Wii U's by the end of December 2013.

We haven't really gotten an update since then, and won't until the end of this month.

Naturally, I would bet they sold over 240k units worldwide in 3 months, so they're definitely going to be over 6 million as well!

They're not headphones, they're beats™.

Edited by R00bot, 10 March 2014 - 11:50 PM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#74 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

They're not headphones, they're beats™.

These things turn Mp3's running 128kbps into Flac instantly. Calling them headphones is a crime.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#75 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:08 PM

These things turn Mp3's running 128kbps into Flac instantly. Calling them headphones is a crime.

Exactly.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#76 ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:27 PM

As a somewhat audiophile, I just want you to know I recognize the sarcasm, haha

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!

Sig_Banner.jpg

www.youtube.com/zyroxz2

Enjoy!  :laugh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!