Photo

Retro Studio: Wii U "great box to make games on." New game already in the works.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic

#121 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

BUT I LIKE ARGUING!

It's like sooooouuuuul foooooood

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#122 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:44 PM

Eh...? This answer is just weird. The only thing I said directed to you was that you come across as sexist if you describe someone as a "feminazi" for looking manly. I never even said you actually are sexist. But believe it or not, if you use a term like that for a woman with certain traits, and you don't when it's a man having the same traits, you probably are sexist. If you really want to continue this pointless argument, go ahead.

The only thing weird is your "misogynist" label. Anyone who doesn't see it your way must "hate women." Lol. That was directed as well.

And you're the only one starting and continuing any argument. I've been finishing it with each reply.

But if you want to pretend otherwise and keep it going, by all means continue. I'll be here.

BUT I LIKE ARGUING!

It's like sooooouuuuul foooooood

Hey you said that like Souuuuulll traaaaiiinn. Lol

Soul food is aiight. Some is too greasy though. Gets messy. Kinda like arguing.

Hmmm... I guess you have a point. Lol

#123 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:02 PM

The only thing weird is your "misogynist" label. Anyone who doesn't see it your way must "hate women." Lol. That was directed as well.

When did I state that anyone who doesn't see it my way is a misogynist?

#124 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

> Makes a joke about the forum

> Is correct, apparently

Welp, I'm too good for my own good. I'll have to kill myself, followed by locking myself up in a basement I don't own.

AuzzieWingman.png

#125 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

In comments # 62 and 88 respectively.

You're welcome.

> Makes a joke about the forum
> Is correct, apparently

Welp, I'm too good for my own good. I'll have to kill myself, followed by locking myself up in a basement I don't own.

Funny how that worked out, eh?

Except for the harming yourself and locking yourself up part. Especially if it's not your own basement. Don't do that.

The proper thing to do would be reward yourself with whatever your favorite food is. Just not soul food.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 06 March 2014 - 03:32 PM.

#126 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

In comments # 62 and 88 respectively.

You're welcome.

Thanks. In comment # 62 I said that a person using the "N-word" (forum censorship) for black people might not be racist and a person using the "C-word" (same) for women might not be misogynist, but people would probably think he is. In comment #88 I said that the normal use of the word "feminazi", i.e. not the way you used it, was mostly by misogynists against feminists they think have gone "too far". In the first case, I didn't say anyone was a misogynist at all, and in the second case I certainly didn't say anyone with a view different than mine is a misogynist. I.e., you're wrong.

#127 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

I call my friends Nigs and cunz all the time.

To be fair, they started it first.

AuzzieWingman.png

#128 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:18 PM

Both sides needs to chill with the off topic nonsense. (And both sides are way off base with what they are trying to reference)gammasquadmetroid5.jpgI really dont think Fem Nazi or masculine apply here. Quite the opposite really. This is a very glamarous and sexualized depiction of Samus, in a very poorly designed suit. I believe the term that may have been meant instead of fem nazi is 'patriotic'.First off, it continues the disturbing trend of sexualizing Samus's power suit, A suit that wasnt even canonically designed by a human. Second off, the making the suit patriotic is a huge misstep for depicting anything about Samus, who is knee deep in combatting government corruption in the classic series canon.

Third off, the camoflauge color scheme SCREAMS 'I dont understand metroid'. Aside from removing one of the most iconic designs in gaming history, Samus's Suit is bright colored BECAUSE its NOT meant to be tactical. Its meant to be seen, like a poison frogs neon warning, Or a Samurais bright red and yellow armor and colorful flag, its not trying to hide from any fights, Its design is meant to get attention, and its power is meant to terrify. Samus doesnt sneak around trying to flank the enemy as just another wheel in the war cog. She takes out entire military strongholds, on enemy fortified planets, by herself, through the front door.All this shows is yet another generic space marine -version blonde female, ready to mow down unfortunate brown/'bad' people who suddenly appear in killbox arenas and continue to spawn for the murder until the kill limit is reached. Which is exactly what 2 k did to destroy the shock series with infinite. No, absolutely not. The people 2k threw on the project to turn bioshock infinite into a themed cod wannabe should stay far, FAAAAAAARRRRRR away from metroid, and the real shock series, whatever that will be in the future, as it is clearly NOT Bioshock any longer. (Levine knows this, its why he left again. To continue the real work, while the false idol is ran into the ground)All this picture demonstrates is absolutely what should NOT be done with Metroid. In fact, ANYONE who points to a picture of samus, and some themed design, or art style, and says 'Imagine metroid like THAT'. Should be slapped until they wake up and realize what an idiot they have been. Samus didnt become a gaming icon because she was a girl. Samus Didnt become a gaming icon because she has a cool design. Samus didnt become a gaming icon because of a cinematic story presentation. Samus became a gaming icon because she is the representation, the avatar of one of the best designed game series of all time. When someone posts a picture and says 'imagine metroid like that', it better damn be a picture of an AMAZING world design map. Because THAT is what has gone wrong with the series, and what needs to be fixed to get the series back on track.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#129 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:11 PM

Thanks. In comment # 62 I said that a person using the "N-word" (forum censorship) for black people might not be racist and a person using the "C-word" (same) for women might not be misogynist, but people would probably think he is. In comment #88 I said that the normal use of the word "feminazi", i.e. not the way you used it, was mostly by misogynists against feminists they think have gone "too far". In the first case, I didn't say anyone was a misogynist at all, and in the second case I certainly didn't say anyone with a view different than mine is a misogynist. I.e., you're wrong.

Lol

You implied that anyone using the term is misogynist.

And the way I used it is the regular use of the term.

Anyone who uses that term outside of this forum is not automatically a woman hater. Though some may be.

And you don't have to say the exact words "if you disagree with me, you're a..." No one ever outs the self like that. But that is the essence of your argument and your label.

Ie: you are wrong.

Both sides needs to chill with the off topic nonsense. (And both sides are way off base with what they are trying to reference)gammasquadmetroid5.jpgI really dont think Fem Nazi or masculine apply here. Quite the opposite really. This is a very glamarous and sexualized depiction of Samus, in a very poorly designed suit. I believe the term that may have been meant instead of fem nazi is 'patriotic'.First off, it continues the disturbing trend of sexualizing Samus's power suit, A suit that wasnt even canonically designed by a human. Second off, the making the suit patriotic is a huge misstep for depicting anything about Samus, who is knee deep in combatting government corruption in the classic series canon.Third off, the camoflauge color scheme SCREAMS 'I dont understand metroid'. Aside from removing one of the most iconic designs in gaming history, Samus's Suit is bright colored BECAUSE its NOT meant to be tactical. Its meant to be seen, like a poison frogs neon warning, Or a Samurais bright red and yellow armor and colorful flag, its not trying to hide from any fights, Its design is meant to get attention, and its power is meant to terrify. Samus doesnt sneak around trying to flank the enemy as just another wheel in the war cog. She takes out entire military strongholds, on enemy fortified planets, by herself, through the front door.All this shows is yet another generic space marine -version blonde female, ready to mow down unfortunate brown/'bad' people who suddenly appear in killbox arenas and continue to spawn for the murder until the kill limit is reached. Which is exactly what 2 k did to destroy the shock series with infinite. No, absolutely not. The people 2k threw on the project to turn bioshock infinite into a themed cod wannabe should stay far, FAAAAAAARRRRRR away from metroid, and the real shock series, whatever that will be in the future, as it is clearly NOT Bioshock any longer. (Levine knows this, its why he left again. To continue the real work, while the false idol is ran into the ground)All this picture demonstrates is absolutely what should NOT be done with Metroid. In fact, ANYONE who points to a picture of samus, and some themed design, or art style, and says 'Imagine metroid like THAT'. Should be slapped until they wake up and realize what an idiot they have been. Samus didnt become a gaming icon because she was a girl. Samus Didnt become a gaming icon because she has a cool design. Samus didnt become a gaming icon because of a cinematic story presentation. Samus became a gaming icon because she is the representation, the avatar of one of the best designed game series of all time. When someone posts a picture and says 'imagine metroid like that', it better damn be a picture of an AMAZING world design map. Because THAT is what has gone wrong with the series, and what needs to be fixed to get the series back on track.

Agreed on most points except...

That is one butt ugly, manly, creepy looking Samus that in no way has any sex appeal at all. I guess everyone's tastes are different. But that's only part of the equation.

The other side is... That's just not Samus, nor does it look like it belongs anywhere near the Metroid universe. Good points concerning the "why" this is so.

#130 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

I uh.... I think this topics run its course.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!