• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:59 PM

Depends on the theme they go with. If they go with a more light hearted story then the art style will fit accordingly ala Wind Waker and Skyward Sword. Depending on how smart Nintendo is though, they might return to a Twilight Princess like style but without all the flare lighting.

Funny thing is, both wind waker and skyward sword had far, far darker stories than twilight princess.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#22 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:31 PM

I am not worried they won't make a game that looks like the demo. They can do whatever they want. Fans will Daisy and moan then play the game find out it's awesome and move on.

Would I prefer a game more in the style and look of the demo. Yeah I am ready for it. Not going to be upset if it isn't. As for Top down. yeah I'd be for it. 3D Dot Game heroes proves it can work on a console. granted has a special style that stirs up nostalgia but I'd love to see a classic take with modern paint. I have an up and down relationship with Zelda games some I like some I don't. Would be nice tho to see a Zelda game put nayayers about the systems abilities to rest tho.

#23 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:37 PM

I am not worried they won't make a game that looks like the demo. They can do whatever they want. Fans will Daisy and moan then play the game find out it's awesome and move on.

Would I prefer a game more in the style and look of the demo. Yeah I am ready for it. Not going to be upset if it isn't. As for Top down. yeah I'd be for it. 3D Dot Game heroes proves it can work on a console. granted has a special style that stirs up nostalgia but I'd love to see a classic take with modern paint. I have an up and down relationship with Zelda games some I like some I don't. Would be nice tho to see a Zelda game put nayayers about the systems abilities to rest tho.

RIGHT! I intially thought it would but like most Nintendo games (not saying its valid) the artstyle leads people to believe the game is not as advance as other titles. I do believe though something like the lighting could rival the top games from ps4 and xb1.

#24 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:41 AM

50/50 it might look completely different.

Either way, it's gonna looks better than the demo, they've never made a game that looks worse than the demo, even with the art styles being different. 

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#25 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:01 AM

its essiencially garenteed to look better then the demo.

as for art style. i heard something they haven't done before. so im doubting it will be the tech demo style. They may go for a completly new style, or end up with something similar to tails games, borderlands, or a FF game.

#26 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

Funny thing is, both wind waker and skyward sword had far, far darker stories than twilight princess.

Debatable, although they certainly had their dark moments. Perhaps I should have said setting or theme.

pNgecl.gif

#27 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:24 PM

3D Dot Game heroes proves it can work on a console.

A Link to the Past (not to mention the very first game!) proved it can work on a console a looooooong time before "3D Dot Game Heroes." 

Edited by kokirii, 22 March 2014 - 02:25 PM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#28 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

A Link to the Past (not to mention the very first game!) proved it can work on a console a looooooong time before "3D Dot Game Heroes." 

Actually that would be the original in 1987. I meant in modern times in HD when everyone wants first person or third person and realism andwhatever else these days. People keep freaking out thinking a modern day Zelda could not work top down.

#29 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:34 PM

I'm fine with either the Skyward Sword art style or the E3 demo style.  Both can look great with the proper attention to detail.  I suppose the E3 style would do a better job at showing the system's power, but like I said, I'm fine with either.

#30 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

Actually that would be the original in 1987. I meant in modern times in HD when everyone wants first person or third person and realism andwhatever else these days. People keep freaking out thinking a modern day Zelda could not work top down.

I...actually find 3D Dot Game Heroes to have a really bad camera for what is supposed to be a top-down affair. Puts me off a bit, tbh. 

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#31 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:29 PM

Debatable, although they certainly had their dark moments. Perhaps I should have said setting or theme.

Or visual graphic style. Thats pretty much the only thing dark about tp. Zant was a joke of a loser, and ganondorf was an unintelligible frothing barbarian.

The whole story affair in tp was rather poor when compared to its predecessor and successor. The former in lore, implications, and a class act ganondorf, and the latter in.... Everything.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#32 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:49 PM

Hm I would love a mix between Tech Demo and Skyward Sword. I don't really thing the whole dark realistic really matches Zelda that much. 

Stupid Snowmads!

#33 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:49 PM

Or visual graphic style. Thats pretty much the only thing dark about tp. Zant was a joke of a loser, and ganondorf was an unintelligible frothing barbarian.

The whole story affair in tp was rather poor when compared to its predecessor and successor. The former in lore, implications, and a class act ganondorf, and the latter in.... Everything.

Twilight Princess is the classic example of dark for the sake of being dark. They had a good thing going with Hyrule being invaded by the twilight realm, but it quickly loses its impact when you realize that it's totally reversible and nothing has actually happened to Hyrule or its people.

pNgecl.gif

#34 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:01 PM

Indeed. The problem with being dark for the sake of being dark is it leaves no room for contrast or juxtaposition. When dark things happen, the impact is muted. Like blue on black.

But when you have that contrast, that juxtaposition
eversion.jpg
It can make quite the impact.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#35 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:29 PM

Indeed. The problem with being dark for the sake of being dark is it leaves no room for contrast or juxtaposition. When dark things happen, the impact is muted. Like blue on black.

But when you have that contrast, that juxtaposition
eversion.jpg
It can make quite the impact.

Pretty much, if you want to see a dark Zelda then Majora's Mask is hands down the biggest one.

pNgecl.gif

#36 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

I'll be stoked about whatever they put out! It's Zelda, folks!

#37 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:50 PM

Whether the new Zelda uses a new style or similar to the tech demo, it will definitely look 100% better.

They didn't go all out on the graphics by any stretch.

Low poly link and background, even some of the areas of the background that should be geometry were textures. And some were textures on transparent polygons. To give illusion of geometry.

They simply needed to have something that looked visually nice enough, while showing the various lighting, particle, and reflective effects along with asset tracking, etc. while maintaining a flawless gamepad interaction. It was done very quickly as well.

So if you thought that was great,there's a good chance you'll be blown away by the real game.

And if you weren't impressed (I wasn't), it's likely you'll end up impressed by the actual game.

#38 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:44 PM

Whether the new Zelda uses a new style or similar to the tech demo, it will definitely look 100% better.

They didn't go all out on the graphics by any stretch.

Low poly link and background, even some of the areas of the background that should be geometry were textures. And some were textures on transparent polygons. To give illusion of geometry.

They simply needed to have something that looked visually nice enough, while showing the various lighting, particle, and reflective effects along with asset tracking, etc. while maintaining a flawless gamepad interaction. It was done very quickly as well.

So if you thought that was great,there's a good chance you'll be blown away by the real game.

And if you weren't impressed (I wasn't), it's likely you'll end up impressed by the actual game.

we will see

#39 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:54 PM

I think there is no chance the game will look like the tech-demo. Will it look better? Yes. But most people will say no and complain about it until they play the game.

Personally, I think the art-style will be different to anything we've seen in a Zelda title before.

Bring the noise.

#40 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

I hope more than anything that they go for a Twilight Princess-like style, but of course, not an HD clone of it (as in, the tech demo).

Although if it looked like the tech demo I can't say I'd be too disappointed.

Edited by Envy, 24 March 2014 - 04:00 PM.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!