Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:27 AM

Source please. I've only seen  regular courses.

Those are the battle stages, slithgly modified version of the normal courses. There are no commited battle stages

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#22 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:03 AM

1080P 60FPS

Hear that XBO? LOLS!

I'm sure a game like Mario Kart could be done at 1080p 60 FPS even on the Xbox One.

#23 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:24 AM

Without me having to excersize my god awful attempt at reading duetch....

Oh no, you didn't! In Germany they speak German. The Germans themselves, when talking in the German language use the term "Deutsch".
In the neighboring country, know as, The Netherlands, also known as "Holland", the people speak Dutch. As in the Flying Dutchman. That ship was Dutch, from the Netherlands, not Germany.

Anyway, it's quitte complicated so I forgive you ;)

Edited by Lupaie, 06 May 2014 - 09:25 AM.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#24 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:50 AM

So we've seen all the characters. I can't help but be disappointed by this, the roster is pretty bad this time around. I'll probably just main Lakitu just like in 7.

I will miss the dedicated battle arenas as well, those were a lot of fun in MKWii.

They've always been pretty meh. Hard to please everyone, but removing characters just seems silly to me.
Like you need that extra bit for a new character or something.
Yoshi's in everything though so I'm always fine.

Actually, the battle areas WILL BE in Mario Kart 8.  So there's absolutely nothing to worry or cry about it.

The one what has pewpewpew like in wii and 7?
Some video i watched seemed to say all the battle stages were just the normal tracks without a lap counter.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#25 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:12 PM

Oh no, you didn't! In Germany they speak German. The Germans themselves, when talking in the German language use the term "Deutsch".
In the neighboring country, know as, The Netherlands, also known as "Holland", the people speak Dutch. As in the Flying Dutchman. That ship was Dutch, from the Netherlands, not Germany.

Anyway, it's quitte complicated so I forgive you ;)

Im pretty sure this was from a German magazine.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#26 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:26 PM

Im pretty sure this was from a German magazine.

Yes agreed, but you said they wrote in Dutch ;) (or better, that you were not that good in reading it, surely you meant German)

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#27 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:42 PM

Lupaie, on 06 May 2014 - 4:26 PM, said:
Yes agreed, but you said they wrote in Dutch ;) (or better, that you were not that good in reading it, surely you meant German)

Dutch doesnt have an 'E' in it.

I said Duetsch, the missing 's' was a typo.

I didnt mean German, because I have never heard a single fellow in the entire Republik refer to Duetsch as 'German' In the 4 years I lived there...

Although... Admittedly, that could have been because I spent most of my free time (outside of buying European only GBA games from Müller's, huzzah pre region locked portables) in Mick's Irish pub the fiddlers green.... Or climbing up to the Kreuzberg monastary with an emptied jug from an office water buffalo strapped to my back (God bless those monks). Which is probably why I barely learned any Duetsch during the course of my time there....

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#28 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:23 PM

I didnt mean German, because I have never heard a single fellow in the entire Republik refer to Duetsch as 'German' In the 4 years I lived there...

Although... Admittedly, that could have been because I spent most of my free time (outside of buying European only GBA games from Müller's, huzzah pre region locked portables) in Mick's Irish pub the fiddlers green.... Or climbing up to the Kreuzberg monastary with an emptied jug from an office water buffalo strapped to my back (God bless those monks). Which is probably why I barely learned any Duetsch during the course of my time there....

Haha, I understand, great that you've spend so much time there, a shame you didn't use the opertunity to learn the language, you are right though, when in Germany, the Germans use the word "Deutsch" when they refer to their language, just as how the Germans call themselves "Deutscher" when speaking of inhabitants of Germany(Deutschland). Internationally the language is refered to as German, though.

Wow, what an extra bit of information when speaking of Mario Kart. I guessed they should have included a track called Nabbits Autobahn..

#29 ChrisD

ChrisD

Nyah, see! Nyah!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    PCSoTendo. Because fanboyism is dumb.

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:30 PM

That roster really is disappointing. Part of me is holding out hope that maybe, just maybe, there are more that are just hidden like in Mario Kart Wii. But it seems at this point I'm just grasping at straws.

#30 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:26 AM

That roster really is disappointing. Part of me is holding out hope that maybe, just maybe, there are more that are just hidden like in Mario Kart Wii. But it seems at this point I'm just grasping at straws.

DLC my friend. I think this is a game that is built for it. I would make sense and most people i have talked to are ok with spending more for extra character, courses, etc.

#31 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:41 AM

DLC my friend. I think this is a game that is built for it. I would make sense and most people i have talked to are ok with spending more for extra character, courses, etc.

Sadly there isn't a sign pointing towards it. In other Nintendo games that have DLC there is a menu option for it, here there isn't and besides shoudln't we have heard about it by now? Usauly they say something along the lines of We are planning to add adittional ... along the way.

#32 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:08 AM

But Duetsch isn't an word,  it's Deutsch.

(I hate it when  people type fuer instead of für too, some people just don't understand German I guess)

Does anyone know if there are more battle modes than Balloon?

No sig.

#33 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:47 AM

Sadly there isn't a sign pointing towards it. In other Nintendo games that have DLC there is a menu option for it, here there isn't and besides shoudln't we have heard about it by now? Usauly they say something along the lines of We are planning to add adittional ... along the way.

E3 is coming perfect time for announcement

#34 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:06 AM

My only gripe with this game is the rehashing of old tracks, I was hoping for 32 brand new tracks. 

#35 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:52 AM

My only gripe with this game is the rehashing of old tracks, I was hoping for 32 brand new tracks.

Why hope for somehig that hasn't been done for years. The DS had retro tracks, so did Wii, 3Ds and now the U.

#36 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:55 AM

Why hope for somehig that hasn't been done for years. The DS had retro tracks, so did Wii, 3Ds and now the U.

Nintendo is clearly following in Sony's footsteps of remakes, but at least Sony makes new IP's.

#37 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:34 AM

SailtheSeas, on 07 May 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:
Nintendo is clearly following in Sony's footsteps of remakes, but at least Sony makes new IP's.

So are you just purposefully trying to look like an idiot who has no clue what they are talking about? I dont really see any other possible scenario.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#38 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:50 AM

So are you just purposefully trying to look like an idiot who has no clue what they are talking about? I dont really see any other possible scenario.

Now that's not very nice is it?

I have an opinion and will air it, if you don't like it.

You'll just have to #dealwithit

#39 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:56 AM

Opinions dont work like that you moron. 'I dont like any of Nintendo's new ip's' is an opinion. 'Nintendo doesnt make any new ip's' Is a statement of fact. You didnt state an opinion, you made a factual comparison argument that is provably false.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#40 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:56 AM

Back talking 3Dude

You'll just have to #dealwithit

ibuixUDjgtscNj.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users