• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#81 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:44 PM

For me is was proper Mario as it was the perfect blend of the 2D series with 3D.  Didn't care for Sunshine or Galaxy. Tho Galaxy was well made and Sunshine had flaws but still solid just didn't do anything for me. 3D world made me feel like when I first played the games on NES and SNES and N64. It just blended into one big wonderful smoothie.

Probably because 3d series literally IS exactly like the nes/snes/new games... except in 3d.

64/sunshine/galaxy were based on a genre change as a compromise for miyamoto and his r&d1 team lacking the experience/know how, as well as lacking the system resources (n64 cart was too small) to actually make proper mario gameplay in 3d back in the 90's.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#82 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:21 PM

I personally like 3D Mario games, I find them amazing.

#83 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:07 AM

Iwata will not even get credit for this by many but I bet he had a lot of say in the games we are all excited for from E3.

With all the great Wii U games already out plus the e3 reveals, I feel kind of sad that there will STILL be "gamers" out there that will never pick up the console.

Nintendo have given everyone reason to be interested so if sales are still low by next year I blame the morons that don't know quality if it slapped them in the face. Their loss i suppose.

#84 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:45 AM

Iwata will not even get credit for this by many but I bet he had a lot of say in the games we are all excited for from E3.

With all the great Wii U games already out plus the e3 reveals, I feel kind of sad that there will STILL be "gamers" out there that will never pick up the console.

Nintendo have given everyone reason to be interested so if sales are still low by next year I blame the morons that don't know quality if it slapped them in the face. Their loss i suppose.

People will still complain. That's the problem when you run a company as good as nintendo. you do everything so perfectly that every time you make a little mistake people make the biggest deal out of it.

I know a kid who only plays nintendo systems and games from what I've seen. He complains about literally every single thing they do. Heck, he was complaining about the fact the Wii U didn't have the best fan possible, even though the one it has now works perfectly fine, and wouldn't jack the price up by like $200.

And you just know that people are going to be back on the "Nintendo won't give us Mother three and Banjo Koozie six. They hate their fans." train in no time.

Edited by WydrA, 14 June 2014 - 08:46 AM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#85 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:05 AM

he was complaining about the fact the Wii U didn't have the best fan possible,

ibzbIfVAsMfsvv.jpg

He can have mine. It's from a phat 360

#86 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:32 PM

ibzbIfVAsMfsvv.jpg

He can have mine. It's from a phat 360

Iam using a similar fan to cool my gaming rig

#87 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

I think Iwata's good.

Wouldn't wanna make him angry after what he did to reggie.

reggie-iwata-face-off.0_cinema_640.0.gif

nintendo-e3-iwata-reggie-fighting-140261iwata-headbutt.gif

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#88 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:21 PM

Yeah yeah but people ALWAYS love mario...

I just don't get why people liked it so much, it's so unbelievably generic and predictable.

Do people like it because of the Co-op? The cat suit? The super easy to beat levels?

Why do people phrase it so much? I fail to find anything special about it, I am currently trying to 100% and still fail to see what is so great about super mario 3D world.

I could name a million things wrong with it, but I don't want to get off topic...

Why do people watch sports? Why do people eat the same food over and over again? Why do people drink the same beer and soda? Why do people drive the same car for years? Why do people watch the same movie twice? Why do people listen to the same song on repeat? etc. etc. etc. 

I'll let you think about it for a second. 

I love Mario because I know for a fact that whenever I pick up a Mario game, I'm going to get a Mario game. If I don't feel like playing Mario I'll play something else but when I want to come back to good ol' Mario it's always there almost exactly the same as it was when I was a kid. This is actually why I love Nintendo as a company. I'll never grow out of Nintendo games and I am glad that they never change. 

Edited by EvilMoogle, 17 June 2014 - 11:27 PM.

#89 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:46 AM

Why do people watch sports? Why do people eat the same food over and over again? Why do people drink the same beer and soda? Why do people drive the same car for years? Why do people watch the same movie twice? Why do people listen to the same song on repeat? etc. etc. etc. 

I'll let you think about it for a second. 

I love Mario because I know for a fact that whenever I pick up a Mario game, I'm going to get a Mario game. If I don't feel like playing Mario I'll play something else but when I want to come back to good ol' Mario it's always there almost exactly the same as it was when I was a kid. This is actually why I love Nintendo as a company. I'll never grow out of Nintendo games and I am glad that they never change. 

I get what you mean, but at the very least I want them to be more innovative with their mario games...

And make another 3D mario game PLEASE. It's been four years since the last one, what have they been doing all this time?

Oh that's right...

New super mario bros 2.5 and super mario bros 2 with cats...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#90 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:49 AM

News has come in via the Nintendo Annual Shareholders Meeting that Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has been re-elected to the board of directors. Iwata’s current approval rating hasn’t been announced, but we should find out shortly. The president of Nintendo missed the Annual Shareholders Meeting due to recent surgery on a growth.

http://mynintendonew...endo-president/

Awesome!

#91 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:49 AM

That comment section... stuff like "He should have been retired, He sucks! Miyamoto or Sakurai should have been hired!" or "He shouldn't have been re-elected, he just had a surgery! He shouldn't work!" It's like they don't understand how being president works :s

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#92 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:51 AM

2562405-6086807432-Happe.gif

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#93 AegisReflector

AegisReflector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:06 AM

Is it just me, or does anybody find that what made Nintendo's previous E3 presentations more tolerable is the fact that the big wigs are very personable and entertaining to watch? Both Iwata and Reggie have distinct personalities and add a distinct touch of awesome whenever Nintendo announces something big. I couldn't tell you who the hell presents at Microsoft's conferences every year, and I don't even know who Sony has anymore besides Kaz Hirai. It says a lot that I know more of Nintendo's structure than the other companies. They have to be doing something right.

With that being said however, I will agree that Iwata is very conservative and traditional when it comes to Nintendo's image, and that ultimately has come back and bit the company on the ass a bit. Because the Wii chose to stick with the whole "family-friendly" gimmick, the WiiU simply isn't selling. It isn't targeting soccer moms who want a family console because the WiiU is now more "hardcore", but then again, it isn't targeting "hardcore" gamers either because the Playstation or Xbox clearly established last gen that it was their label. Yes, a Mario or Zelda game is perfectly fine, but there needs to be more interest in terms of other games. I'm not just talking about making the games. It's all about advertising them to the masses, localizing the ones that fans actually want, and doing some sort of deals that include such games. A few new IPs wouldn't hurt either.

Of course, this isn't all Iwata's doing. People seem to forget that the Board consists more than just a president.

#94 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:07 AM

Yay! I would've been kinda sad if Iwata left... Not that someone else couldn't do as good a job, but I just like him. He's not some crazy business man, he loves games.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#95 AegisReflector

AegisReflector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:11 AM

And see, that's why people like Miyamoto who's cool enough to dress up like Link, complete with sword and shield, whenever a huge Zelda game gets announced makes me have hope that Nintendo can still bring out interesting material. Their passion for games definitely reflects their success.

#96 the gamz girnalizt

the gamz girnalizt

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    criticising nintendo

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:37 AM

If Iwata was fired, we'd have a president who is all about the Mountain Dew and Doritos.

gamz girnalizm all da way

#97 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:17 PM

Hopping its not a kind of elections we saw in Korea, he took 100%  hahahaha kidding. 

Ok lets let him do his job now

Edited by Plutonas, 27 June 2014 - 12:18 PM.

#98 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:38 AM

If Iwata was fired, we'd have a president who is all about the Mountain Dew and Doritos.

And it would be glorious.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!