#62 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:05 AM

gotta say guys: GOLDEN SUN CHARACTERS!!!!!! And the original ones..... please....

Posted Image

#63 Coller23

Coller23

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Every nintendo series, touhou

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:07 AM

Madworld...
Don't cry over spilled milk, it will be yogurt tomorrow

#64 MaskMidget

MaskMidget

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros., FUNimation

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:28 AM

So far, no one wants Pac Man to be in it. Good because, in my opinion, it would be a dumb idea. Same thing with K.Rool ; why is it that everyone wants him to be there? I don't get it...at all :D
Posted Image

This signature contains one word: LOL

#65 jman442

jman442

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:36 AM

MORE THIRD PARTY CHARACTERS OR BUST!!!!

#66 Limelight788

Limelight788

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo, Gran Turismo

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:00 PM

Glad to see that this topic is alive and kicking. <_< Expect me to be frequenting this thread.

Anyway, I made a blog in regards to Super Smash Bros. 4 here. What do you think of this idea to have separate rosters for both versions? Also expect more blogs for SSB4 from me to come in the future.

These are the characters I want to see in the game:
- A Fire Emblem rep (Lyn/Micaich/Caeda/etc.)
- Bowser Jr.
- Dixie Kong (Preferably as a tag team with Diddy, but I would be fine with going solo as long as she's not a clone)
- Fierce Diety Link (Unlikely, but come on, he wouldn't be a clone of Link anymore!)
- Geno (Very unlikely, but you never know)
- (Kid) Goku (I know he'll never get in, but dang it if it was possible, I would put him in)
- Issac (Could be 3DS exclusive)
- King K. Rool
- Krystal
- Little Mac
- Medusa
- Mega Man (My most wanted, Classic version)'
- Meowth
- Mewtwo (The only Melee character that deserves to return)
- Paper Mario (Questionable, but he would be incredibly unique if done right)
- Ray 01/MK III
- Ridley
- Ryu Hayabusa (Chances are unlikely, but hey, Tecmo has good relationship with Nintendo, plus he's awesome, so why not?)
- Saki Amamiay/Isa Jo
- Samurai Goroh
- Slime
- Stafy (Starfy in Japan, could be 3DS exclusive)
- Takamaru
- Travis Touchdown (If Suda wants him in, I hopes he tries to do that. Granted he's very unlikely, but he would still fit into the universe like Snake did)
- Victini (Can't really be bothered to care about Zoroark. Victini on the other hand...)

I see at least nine of these characters getting in.

My dream roster: 59 characters slots (63 including transformations)

What I am expecting: At least 44 character but no more then 49 overall (48-53 including transformations). Will present my new roster with 44 characters later.
[quote="Giazmofreak"]No ryu.
Ryu hasn't really had a home on a home nintendo console since alpha 2. Tatsunoko but eh.
Megaman. Proto man. Veiwtiful Joe. [/quote]He has made a few Nintendo appearance this gen. Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars on the Wii and Super Street Fighter IV 3D on the 3DS are good examples of this. He's actually the second most likely new third-party character in the game, next to the Blue Bomber.[quote name='"Wertville"]...Phoenix Wright for Smash Bros. 4.[/quote]No. He might be an excellent lawyer' date=' but he is completely unsuited for the game.[quote="BonBon"']I'm really hoping they open the door to more third parties in the new installments.
Smash Brothers should celebrate all of Nintendo's history, and the series' that have been most prominent on their systems. Tons of third party series, such Castlevania, Bomberman and Megaman have had much more impact on their consoles than characters like the Ice Climbers.

I'd rather see them expand into other companies they associate than become reliant on minor characters and obscure retro tributes.[/quote]I don't think an overload of third-party characters is a good idea. Remember, this is a fighting franchise for Nintendo characters and there are still around 20 potential reps just from Nintendo themselves. I say we should have five or six max but only expect three or if you're optimistic, four.[quote name='"Aznhomieboi1689"]I don't know if anyone have already mentioned this' date=' but for online play...Wouldn't it be great if we can setup our own online tournaments? Think about it, setting up public or private matches and create tournaments. That will be an awesome feature! [/quote']I would love to have this feature in the game. I remember suggesting it back in the SSB4 Wii-U thread in Smash World Forums. It would be great for tournament people.

Edited by Limelight788, 15 June 2011 - 12:04 PM.

The Official Mega Man for SSB4 Thread

megaman-2.gif

Want Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. 4? Click on the link in the text and show your support!

#67 WeeYou

WeeYou

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:42 PM

I could see any where from 35 to even 50 characters. I'd really like to see them up the customization of matches. For example:
. being able to change how much damage individual weapons do
. setting it up so everybody starts with some item/weapon
. more alternate colors and costumes
. be able to make minute or large changes to gravity, movement speed, etc.
. more unique game modes besides the normal time, stock, coin, etc.

That's all I can think of for right now. I'm sure all of us have a million new ideas for game play and characters as we nintendo faithful always do when a new smash is on the way.

#68 nintendofreak247

nintendofreak247

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario Bros.

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:20 PM

A New Way to Play: Smash Armor!

You're playing a game of Super Smash Bros. IV on Wii U with some friends, when all of a sudden, a piece of armor appears on stage. Everyone dashes to grab it, and you grab it first. Throughout the match, more armor appears: a helmet, a chestpiece, arms and legs. When all of the armor is collected by one player, they activate their character's Smash Armor.

EXAMPLE

Mario collects all of the armor pieces and activates his Smash Armor. His gloves become steel gauntlets and his overalls become iron, blue torso-pieces. His hat wraps around the back of his head and covers his face to make a red helmet, and the game continues. When Mario is in his Smash Armor, a few different things occur:

1) His attack power increases substantially. When Mario performs a smash attack while using Smash Armor, it dealts 60% damage.
2) His defense increases as well. Normal attacks barely hurt him (1% damage for a punch) and smash attacks push him back an inch at most.
3) One of his special attacks gets a super-upgrade. For example, if the fireballs were upgraded, a shower of fire would rain from Mario's palm like Bowser's fire-breath. If his jump punch were upgraded, he would punch the opponent into the air, and then smash them to the ground with a follow-up punch, all in one move.
4) Mario glows a radiant shade of red. The colors vary depending on the character's main color (Luigi glows green, Sonic glows blue.)

The Smash Armor can only be used for about 30-45 seconds, and it is a great way to get ahead in a match.

Who would want to see something like this in SSB4?
Posted Image

#69 Hamez

Hamez

Blooper

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • NNID:PrinceLuna
  • Fandom:
    007, Team Fortress 2, Zelda, Ponies

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:34 PM

Don't be hatin' on third party characters. Without them the Smash Bros world is very small.

There were only two in brawl... if they were gone there would still be a huge selection of characters, and still a whole lot to include in the next game.
Posted Image

#70 Moop

Moop

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Fandom:
    MY LITTLE PONY:FIM!!!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:13 PM

SSF characters in SSB? It just seems right...
lol signature.

#71 D.player

D.player

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:
    Megaman Zero

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:58 PM

A New Way to Play: Smash Armor!

You're playing a game of Super Smash Bros. IV on Wii U with some friends, when all of a sudden, a piece of armor appears on stage. Everyone dashes to grab it, and you grab it first. Throughout the match, more armor appears: a helmet, a chestpiece, arms and legs. When all of the armor is collected by one player, they activate their character's Smash Armor.

EXAMPLE

Mario collects all of the armor pieces and activates his Smash Armor. His gloves become steel gauntlets and his overalls become iron, blue torso-pieces. His hat wraps around the back of his head and covers his face to make a red helmet, and the game continues. When Mario is in his Smash Armor, a few different things occur:

1) His attack power increases substantially. When Mario performs a smash attack while using Smash Armor, it dealts 60% damage.
2) His defense increases as well. Normal attacks barely hurt him (1% damage for a punch) and smash attacks push him back an inch at most.
3) One of his special attacks gets a super-upgrade. For example, if the fireballs were upgraded, a shower of fire would rain from Mario's palm like Bowser's fire-breath. If his jump punch were upgraded, he would punch the opponent into the air, and then smash them to the ground with a follow-up punch, all in one move.
4) Mario glows a radiant shade of red. The colors vary depending on the character's main color (Luigi glows green, Sonic glows blue.)

The Smash Armor can only be used for about 30-45 seconds, and it is a great way to get ahead in a match.

Who would want to see something like this in SSB4?

oh god no
last thing we need is another landmaster
I like the upgraded specials, but it should be like fighting a metal character, not your bs way which is waay to powerful

#72 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:06 AM

I can see Mii's making an appearance in the game, with a few different fighting styles to choose from.

Gotta say, I really doubt it would happen but if we saw Kid Goku in the game I doubt I'd ever play as anyone else.

Posted Image

#73 GunGoomba

GunGoomba

Friend of Bulbmins

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Mario, Peach, Zelda. Yoshi

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:09 AM

I'll give you a hint. One of the newcomers I want most, is in my signature!
Posted Image

#74 AWB

AWB

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:03 AM

I. Want. Toad.
Game History: PC, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo GameBoy Advance SP, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS.
Buying Soon: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Mario Kart 3D, Animal Crossing 3D, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Super Mario 3D.

#75 Sirralart SuperDragon

Sirralart SuperDragon

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Perfect Dark, SSB, SvR, Fighting Games

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:22 AM

I think two essential characters we need are Paper Mario and Knuckles the Echidna. Paper Mario would be like Dr. Mario was in Melee: he would be somewhat of a clone of Mario, but with his own unique attacks thrown in (hammer and stickers to tie in with Paper Mario 3D.) Knuckles would be the best fit for a 2nd Sonic character, because he's basically born to fight. He has spikes on his knuckles, he can glide (like Charizard and Meta Knight,) and is one of the original Sonic characters. It all falls together perfectly!

Good point about Knuckles. I failed to realise that. LOL!
AWESHUM SAUCE!!! **(^_^)**

Female protagonists are GREAT!!!

My Smackdown vs Raw 2011 keyword for the PS3 is TRALARRIS. If you like ORIGINAL DIVA CAWs look them up!

#76 Sirralart SuperDragon

Sirralart SuperDragon

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:24 AM

So far, no one wants Pac Man to be in it. Good because, in my opinion, it would be a dumb idea. Same thing with K.Rool ; why is it that everyone wants him to be there? I don't get it...at all :D

I think the reason some people want K.Rool in is because the simple fact that he's THE MAIN boss in the Donkey Kong series. Just like Dedede is for the Kirby series.

My Smackdown vs Raw 2011 keyword for the PS3 is TRALARRIS. If you like ORIGINAL DIVA CAWs look them up!

#77 AWB

AWB

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:25 AM

I think instead of different colors for each character, there are different versions, then there are less clones. Example:
Mario Suits:
Galaxy Mario
Super Mario Bros Mario
Paper Mario
Game History: PC, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo GameBoy Advance SP, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS.
Buying Soon: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Mario Kart 3D, Animal Crossing 3D, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Super Mario 3D.

#78 Sirralart SuperDragon

Sirralart SuperDragon

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:32 AM

Glad to see that this topic is alive and kicking. :D Expect me to be frequenting this thread.

Anyway, I made a blog in regards to Super Smash Bros. 4 here. What do you think of this idea to have separate rosters for both versions? Also expect more blogs for SSB4 from me to come in the future.

These are the characters I want to see in the game:
- A Fire Emblem rep (Lyn/Micaich/Caeda/etc.)
- Bowser Jr.
- Dixie Kong (Preferably as a tag team with Diddy, but I would be fine with going solo as long as she's not a clone)
- Fierce Diety Link (Unlikely, but come on, he wouldn't be a clone of Link anymore!)
- Geno (Very unlikely, but you never know)
- (Kid) Goku (I know he'll never get in, but dang it if it was possible, I would put him in)
- Issac (Could be 3DS exclusive)
- King K. Rool
- Krystal
- Little Mac
- Medusa
- Mega Man (My most wanted, Classic version)'
- Meowth
- Mewtwo (The only Melee character that deserves to return)
- Paper Mario (Questionable, but he would be incredibly unique if done right)
- Ray 01/MK III
- Ridley
- Ryu Hayabusa (Chances are unlikely, but hey, Tecmo has good relationship with Nintendo, plus he's awesome, so why not?)
- Saki Amamiay/Isa Jo
- Samurai Goroh
- Slime
- Stafy (Starfy in Japan, could be 3DS exclusive)
- Takamaru
- Travis Touchdown (If Suda wants him in, I hopes he tries to do that. Granted he's very unlikely, but he would still fit into the universe like Snake did)
- Victini (Can't really be bothered to care about Zoroark. Victini on the other hand...)

I see at least nine of these characters getting in.

My dream roster: 59 characters slots (63 including transformations)

What I am expecting: At least 44 character but no more then 49 overall (48-53 including transformations). Will present my new roster with 44 characters later.
He has made a few Nintendo appearance this gen. Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars on the Wii and Super Street Fighter IV 3D on the 3DS are good examples of this. He's actually the second most likely new third-party character in the game, next to the Blue Bomber.No. He might be an excellent lawyer, but he is completely unsuited for the game.I don't think an overload of third-party characters is a good idea. Remember, this is a fighting franchise for Nintendo characters and there are still around 20 potential reps just from Nintendo themselves. I say we should have five or six max but only expect three or if you're optimistic, four.I would love to have this feature in the game. I remember suggesting it back in the SSB4 Wii-U thread in Smash World Forums. It would be great for tournament people.

I don't think Ryu Hyabusa is TOO unlikely. He's kinda in the same boat as Solid Snake...the Ninja Gaiden series began on the original Nes just like Metal Gear. I think the hero of Ninja Gaiden would feel right at home with his OLD SCHOOL friends. It'd be kinda like a BIG REUNION!!!

Snake: Hyabusa! What's up man?! Long time no see!
Hyabusa: Hey man! Looking great! You're all 3 demensional and s#!t!
Snake: Hey! You too!!!
-They both laugh at each other-
Hyabusa: Man, we sure have come a long way since our Nintendo debut haven't we? WAIT! Something's missing...Where's that old plumber at?!
Snake: Dude, have you seen Samus?!
Hyabusa: JEEZ! I had no clue she was a chick!...and she's F**KIN' SMOKIN'!!!

Edited by Sirralart RCP120, 16 June 2011 - 11:16 AM.

#79 Sirralart SuperDragon

Sirralart SuperDragon

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:38 AM

So........

Who in here thinks that Capcom's going to help polish up the new Super Smash Bros. fightning engine?

I mean you gotta give these people credit...they KNOW how to make fighting games...then all the talk about including a Capcom character in SSB4...then the complaints about how Brawl was "crappy" in terms of fighting...I don't think it's too far fetched.

Just for anyone who gets the wrong idea about what I'm posting (which what usually happens LOL!) I'm not saying they will completely redo the entire engine and include health bars...I'm saying help build upon what is already available to them. Just help make everything more balanced and "fighter-like" (it's not a word, I know) like with actual combos and other stuff. (Not that SSB DOESN'T have combos...trust me...SSBB had combos. It's just that not ALL characters had the ability to combo...well, at least to my knowledge they didn't. I know how to do Peach's 12 hit combo. I think it does about 50-60% damage.)

Edited by Sirralart RCP120, 16 June 2011 - 10:04 AM.

#80 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:07 AM

I think we'll see Megaman in SSB4, He's surely an obvious choice. But no other 3rd party characters, 3 is enough, it will no longer be the "Nintendo game".

I also have an idea for a new mode; Kill limit mode. I figured that Stock mathces have a kill limit really, 4 people with 5 lives each, the most kills anyone can get is 15. Think about it, if you had a kill limit set at 10 kills, it will create competition and it will be harder to win than other modes. And I feel (unlike stock mode) that it give everyone a fairer shout at winning the matches, as they will be in it the whole time.
Bring the noise.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Super, Smash, Bros, Ideas, Paper, Luigi, Paper luigi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!