umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:45 PM

Impressive! That actually bumped up my hype for the game.

#22 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:45 PM

Yeah, but how long have people been waiting for a Zelda game with a huge open world? :D

Not long. First Zelda ever made did it. In fact every Zelda has minus Skyward Sword. Tho granted Zelda U is pretty much based on the Zelda world from NES just realized in fancy new 3D visuals. So in that respect 30 years.

#23 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:14 PM

Not long. First Zelda ever made did it. In fact every Zelda has minus Skyward Sword. Tho granted Zelda U is pretty much based on the Zelda world from NES just realized in fancy new 3D visuals. So in that respect 30 years.

Yeah, but when you're playing the game on the NES with those graphics you kinda have to use your imagination for everything, lol.

How is it based on the world from LOZ on the NES? It could be completely different for all we know...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#24 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:26 PM

Well having the game in 1987 nothing on a console was like it. So it was amazing. In fact playing the game using your imagination made it that much better. So now seeing it realized makes Zelda U appreciated that much more. So it works in tandem. This is no knock on those not around back then to play it in 87 but people who played it then appreciate Zelda U more than someone younger. The NES game makes this one that much better. Look how giddy me and 3Dude were at E3 posting those artwork pics lol

#25 Soxviper

Soxviper

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:27 PM

For anyone wondering, this is incorrect. 400 sq km is actually about 150 sq miles.
Also, Xenoblade couldn't have been more than 30 sq miles, and is very likely quite a bit less.
I actually made an account just to say that. XD it was bothering me that someone was spreading so much misinformation to so many people. It's still pretty big nonetheless.

#26 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:30 PM

For anyone wondering, this is incorrect. 400 sq km is actually about 150 sq miles.
Also, Xenoblade couldn't have been more than 30 sq miles, and is very likely quite a bit less.
I actually made an account just to say that. XD it was bothering me that someone was spreading so much misinformation to so many people. It's still pretty big nonetheless.

Typo then? Because 400sqm is 250

#27 Soxviper

Soxviper

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:37 PM

No it isn't. Look it up.

#28 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:41 PM

He's right. It's 150

#29 Soxviper

Soxviper

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:43 PM

In case people are in denial: http://lmgtfy.com/?q...uare kilometers

#30 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:00 PM

No I looked it up right after you said that and laughed because the whole squared part was forgotten lol. Good eye. 3Dude was wrong. He won't stand for this. Everyone. Calmly single file to the bomb shelter. Sorce will guide the way.

That does however make XB 30 as Monolith did say a while back because the meck are 5X that of the human size the world is 5X larger so 150 is 5x of 30.

#31 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:03 PM

Thanks. Updated op and my own post quoting op. 400 Sq km is 154.44 Sq miles.
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#32 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:05 PM

No I looked it up right after you said that and laughed because the whole squared part was forgotten lol. Good eye. 3Dude was wrong. He won't stand for this. Everyone. Calmly single file to the bomb shelter. Sorce will guide the way.

That does however make XB 30 as Monolith did say a while back because the meck are 5X that of the human size the world is 5X larger so 150 is 5x of 30.

Oh man. It's gonna take a lot of MH and XB for 3dude to get over this.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#33 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:08 PM

Never mind.

Edited by BrosBeforeGardenTools, 26 May 2016 - 01:45 AM.

#34 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:11 PM

I feel like we could almost measure this game in cubic miles, since some of the mountains and land formations surely go over a mile above and below ground level.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#35 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:14 PM

Not to be rude, but I just find it funny two of the biggest self proclaimed geniuses, ryudo and 3dude, made a 3rd grade math error. Oh well though. I could have done the same for sure.

Well that is pretty rude. So stop there before the thread turns into crap because of a simple mistake anyone could make.
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#36 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:15 PM

Not to be rude, but I just find it funny two of the biggest self proclaimed geniuses, ryudo and 3dude, made a 3rd grade math error. Oh well though. I could have done the same for sure.

when did I ever self proclaim that? Link me. Prove it. Also I seriously not even joking so bad at math and always have been my dead clinically r-tarded sister IS better than me at math. Only person on earth worse than me is my mom. My dad was an idiot on about everything  yet could do calculas for fun in his sleep.

Edited by Ryudo, 27 January 2015 - 04:16 PM.

#37 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:15 PM

Elder scrolls 2 daggerfall 1996: 62,394 square miles

Fuel: 5,560 square miles

Just cause 2: 400 square miles

Minecraft.... 8 times the size of the earth?

Of course, one of the things you will immediately notice about these huge overword games, is just how bland that huge overworld typically is. Thats because they are usually created by procedural generation, where the computer builds the game world based on a psuedorand or randseed. Usually this makes for a huge, but boring and uneventful world. I feel minecraft is an exception, and has a wonderful procedural world generation AI, that makes for worlds that are rather interesting to explore.... And when its not, its superfast to just try again and find a seed that is.

The other method is like what fuel did, and thats just taking a topographical map, and extracting geometry from it. Also left typically devoid of things to do... Which didnt really bother fuel, which was a racing game.

Just cause 2 I think made it work pretty well, with good movement capabilities, and pretty dang good sandbox stuff to do pretty much anywhere. But the parts of the game that were actually hand designed events stood out so much could be seen from space design wise, and were definately the highlights of the game... And the games lod was REALLY rough, often resorting to psx style assets and detail when things got far out, and it was extremely noticable when it made asset swaps when things got close up. And not just in a gif or video you watch, but while playing.

Xenoblade chronicles X is 'only' a little ways under half the size of just cause 2... But, I m not sure i have ever seen a game that was completely old school hand designed of this size before.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#38 Soxviper

Soxviper

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:30 PM

Youdidn't read what I said. Also most of Daggerfall is empty snow.

#39 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:31 PM

Some of the monsters are probably a quarter mile or half mile long lol..huge.

#40 Soxviper

Soxviper

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:49 PM

One more thing, Fuel, Daggerfall, and Just Cause 2 are all procedurally generated, meaning it's the same textures and terrain, but in different sizes and places. Xenoblade X and Zelda U are both handcrafted, and therefore more detailed and natural, a truly open world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!