• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:40 PM

For anyone wondering, this is incorrect. 400 sq km is actually about 150 sq miles.
Also, Xenoblade couldn't have been more than 30 sq miles, and is very likely quite a bit less.
I actually made an account just to say that. XD it was bothering me that someone was spreading so much misinformation to so many people. It's still pretty big nonetheless.

Ha, yeah it is. I have totally been using the wrong selection on the drop down box.... for a stupid long time.

Thanks for making an account.

Which would mean my actual grid measurement of Xenoblade 30.9 square miles. (not including Bionis shoulder, because I have no way to establish a 1000 unit measurement thanks to the lack of a hud event marker when on the shoulder)

Not to be rude, but I just find it funny two of the biggest self proclaimed geniuses, ryudo and 3dude, made a 3rd grade math error. Oh well though. I could have done the same for sure.

It is pretty funny, those are the easiest mistakes to make though, as simple as having the wrong box checked or the wrong selection from the drop down menu. Just a big reminder to check the little details.

Although Im not a self proclaimed Genius... Im the self proclaimed Savior of Video Games, delivering you from the evils of AAAAAAAA Homogenous design hell, follow me, and I shall surely lead you to the land of milk, and honey, and superior game design.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#42 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:42 PM

I wish the Shoulder was kept in the game. I can see why it was cut but damn.

#43 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:50 PM

I wish the Shoulder was kept in the game. I can see why it was cut but damn.

Honestly, Im not really sure why it was cut. It was asset complete, and on top of that, judging by those chests, which im guessing are used as event triggers throughout the game (Made invisible for actual gameplay, but left visible for convenience during game development) it looks like it was practically complete complete.

Wonder if it was a pacing issue?
Was it a rom space issue? Did they not have enough room on disc for the vo and cutscenes, dialog and music and had to cut an area? Anyone have any reference material regaurding this?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#44 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:00 PM

I only have a guess. Overlap as it may have been more nippon and go to eryth sea from the shoulder but maybe just storywise and pacing felt a little forced. So we got the giant pool of water above Makna villiage instead to warp to.

#45 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:23 PM

I only have a guess. Overlap as it may have been more nippon and go to eryth sea from the shoulder but maybe just storywise and pacing felt a little forced. So we got the giant pool of water above Makna villiage instead to warp to.

That does seem like a pretty logical reason. It would have just been gorgeous filler that stretched out the urgency of getting to the bionis head, and if it was another nopon village, some players may have felt they already had their fill of dealing with the nopon, and with no new characters, mechanic, or plot points, it would have really seemed like filler to people who dont live for exploring every inch of that real estate like me....

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#46 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:19 PM

The Monado is severely strong on this concept.

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!