311 replies to this topic

#41 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:46 PM

xenoblade-chronicles-x1-656x401.jpg

Famitsu has a major feature on Xenoblade Chronicles X in this week’s issue. In addition to a new preview, the magazine shared an interview with director Tetsuya Takahashi.

One of the things Famitsu brings up is how Takahashi called the original Xenoblade “an orthodox RPG”, even though the field was huge and there were a number of different challenges. Takahashi says in response that the story of the original Xenoblade Chronicles “was one big thread so I think it was a linear game.” But in Xenoblade Chronicles X, “the story progresses in various directions as you finish quests which you get from different places.”

Famitsu next brings up the topic of loading. Takahashi confirms that players will be able to cross the huge world from one end to another without having to load data… for the most part anyway.

He said:

Moving on the field is completely seamless. However, loading occurs in cases like event scenarios. I recommend playing the downloadable version so you don’t have to worry about loading from the disk. Of course, the disk version is also tuned as much as possible to reduce the loading time. We are consulting Nintendo as to whether or not the main data can be read from the console.

Another topic discussed in Famitsu’s interview is the size of the game’s party, which is four. Takahashi explains why this number was chosen:

Considering combinations of classes and builds, the party of four was well balanced. In battle, you control one character from those four and the other three are left for AI. Similar to the previous game, you can also select which character to control. In a pinch, AI characters also shout encouragements according to their personality. Voice actors were asked to record unreasonably many lines, so the battles turned out to be lively like in the previous game.

Something Xenoblade fans have been interested in is the prospect of online functionality. However, Takahashi is quick to point out that Xenoblade Chronicles X “isn’t an online game where you are firmly connected to other players.” Monolith Soft took the concept of a “loosely connected online game”. Takahashi says: “After all, the game brings out collectively without players noticing other people, so the playstyle of an online RPG wasn’t used as a base.”

Finally, let’s talk a bit about Xenoblade Chronicles X’s music. Famitsu points out that Hiroyuki Sawano hasn’t worked much on game music, to which Takahashi states:

That’s right. He has strong image from working on anime titles like Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn, Guilty Crown, and Attack on Titan, but for me he is a drama person. He is responsible for the music of Team Medical Dragon and such. I thought that drama-like music would surely shine in this game so I asked him as I had nothing to lose.

When Famitsu asks about how Sawano is flexible with his work, Takahashi replies:

Usually people who haven’t written game music react like “Why so many compositions for a game (RPG)?”, but Mr. Sawano was the opposite: “Understood. Please let me do them all.” (laughs) This time there are 90 compositions and I thought he could write only a part of them, so I’m really happy.

Xenoblade Chronicles X launches in Japan on April 29. The RPG is on track for later this year in North America and Europe.

So this isn't lost on the last page. This is why I hate lumped up topics.

#42 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:06 PM

Comparing a 4 year old game to a 2015 one? That's sad, I understand you guys are hype about XBC, but abusing Skyrim to make yourself feel better is laugh worthy. Also it's clear that Nintendo and Mon-Soft aren't moving forward if they ain't getting their chosen goals. I just hope the game is known to everyone, as it could be a good sleeper hit.

Yeah, too bad we werent the ones who made those comparisons, over, and over, and over, and over and over, and over, and over again. Hell, its STILL being done on other boards. I bet desert punk has found himself a nice echo chamber to circle jerk too after he realized this game was real, and he couldnt use his bad ports=best wii u can do gimmick anymore.

So yeah, when we get confirmation that the game was 10x bigger than the game we were repeatedly told the wii u wasnt powerful enough to handle, as they pointed at every crap ps360 port as 'proof' that the wii u was weaker than ps360, yeah, were going to bring it back up and laugh at it. Get off YOUR high horse.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#43 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:18 AM

*EDIT*
I told you to stop the damn tone policing. You had better start responding to what people have to say instead of your pedantic notions on how they say it.

If you dont know what tone policing is, google it.

If you cant figure out why tone policing is a horrible glib crappy way to behave, (hurr but i use all the 'polite' wordings as i completely dismiss everything they say to change the subject to how its said) then i suggest you just try actually talking about the game for once.

This goes for everyone. Tone policing, or the Tone argument fallacy, is a crappy demeaning way to behave, and I will have none of it here, and dont think because you use 'nice' words to do it, (there is no other way to do it) that its going to fool me, I respond to WHAT people SAY, not the way they say it. I expect everyone else to afford others the same respect.

Posts are back on topic now, no more derailing.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#44 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:26 AM

Monolith soft is doing a japan direct like stream on the 6th, should be similar to the smash directs in that sense. Currently don't know if there will be a English version of the stream.

http://xenobladex.jp...0206/index.html

other stream links:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr2R7t_wqlQ
http://live.nicovide...tch/lv208436900

Europe: 2PM
UK: 1PM
North America (East): 8AM
North America (West) : 5AM
Japan: 10PM

Edited by tboss, 02 February 2015 - 09:28 AM.

#45 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:39 AM

Oi. beat me like bunnitv!

I am horribly torn about wether I should watch this or not... I mean

i mean, know im GOING to watch it...

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#46 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:45 AM

Im going to watch it, wont be able to understand the Japanese and hope for a translation later. I also don't care if i get spoiled on things in the game that much ether, monolith soft are the ones doing the direct, so we will probably get stuff from the first 1/5th of the game with hints of whats ahead. 

also looks like a missed a fight =/

#47 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:56 AM

What Im telling myself is that the game is so massive the direct will be like a drop in the ocean.

I hope the video is of a good quality.

Really hoping to get a glimpse at monolith softs vertical layering design they used so well with the original xenoblade.

One of the coolest thing about Xenoblade, is that your already large areas were often almost doubled (or sometimes more!) in explorable real estate via the way monolith soft layered the maps, Im talking about things like on the bionis leg, where there is an entire section above the windy cave, that you could explore, or drop down into the windy caves, which were a huge expanse the same size as the completely different area atop of it (at the risk of dealing with high level mobs).

The addition of flying mechs could allow them to turn the dial on this up to 11, and Im hoping to catch a glimpse of it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#48 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:09 PM

I've actually recently got my hands on the original xenoblade, and I've already logged nearly 50 hours in and i do not see an end in sight.  I cannot wait for this game.  If it is anything like its predecessor I will be a very happy man! I do not care as much about world size as world life, and looking at the trailers i think this world has plenty of that!  Hopefully Aonuma  is taking notes and asking questions.  I'm also quite excited for the online implementation, and to take on some of those late game beasts shown off! 

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#49 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:31 PM

I've actually recently got my hands on the original xenoblade, and I've already logged nearly 50 hours in and i do not see an end in sight.  I cannot wait for this game.  If it is anything like its predecessor I will be a very happy man! I do not care as much about world size as world life, and looking at the trailers i think this world has plenty of that!  Hopefully Aonuma  is taking notes and asking questions.  I'm also quite excited for the online implementation, and to take on some of those late game beasts shown off!

The reason so many people are excited about the world size is because of the original Xenoblade.

Unlike the rest of the open world games, and pretty much all modern sandbox games, Xenoblades terrain was not procedurally generated, it was actually hand designed, every inch of it. Thats the 'secret' to having big worlds that dont suck, the 'secret' being that there is no easy way out, no magic pill, no shortcuts, if you use terrain generation, you are going to have that generic sandbox game world feel, no exceptions. If you want better than that, you have to be prepared to take the time, and actually hand design your game world.... And on top of that, you STILL actually have to be GOOD at world design, Something no AAAAAAAAAAAAAA publisher would ever do today.

Thats the thing that people are so excited about with Xenoblade X's world size that the trolls just cant figure out in their endless ignorant and identical efforts to crap all over the title. Its not that there are no games bigger, there are a lot of games that are bigger.

And its not because its open world. There are a lot of games that are open world.

It's because its the biggest HAND DESIGNED open world game ever made, which null and voids the constant barrage of 'Hurr sure its big but its just going to be another empty open world game like **Names procedurally generated sandbox game every single time**, hurrr hurrr dont you know bigger doesnt mean better?? HUUURRR'

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#50 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:54 AM

http://www.dualshock...-new-character/

More in the link.

9ikXx6p.jpg

dH12M0h.jpg

5wdPm82.png

owKKMnW.jpg

8b9OLKg.jpg

#51 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:45 AM

Talk about an art style change. Personally I prefer the more colorful style, but the game looks gorgeous nonetheless. What's really neat is that the concept art and the game are on the same scale. Usually I look at concept art and I think,"That would be really cool if it were used" but XBX IS the concept art. Mind=blown.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#52 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:01 AM

Maurice:

image: http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/xenobladex_150205_thumb.jpg

xenobladex_150205_thumb.jpg

Maurice is a bureaucrat of the former United States Secretary of Defense, who then became the assistant to the President.

image: http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/xenobladex_1502058_thumb.jpg

xenobladex_1502058_thumb.jpg

Afterwards, he used his previous position as a way to appoint himself as the chief administrator commissioner of NLA (New Los Angeles) and is now the representative of mankind on the Planet Mira.

#53 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 05:19 PM

I think the most important information about the new xenoblade is the beastiary. Once you encounter a beastie, you can look it up in the beastiary, you can find out where it is, what times it appears, what conditions it appears, and what it drops. Xenoblade 3ds is geting this addition as well.

Massive improvement.

If they do something similar to the npc's, like stating where and waht time they will be at certain places, and what they trade... My days of playing Xenoblade with my phone sitting next to me with the wiki on it are a relic of the past!

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#54 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:29 AM

#55 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:18 AM

During the stream a Wii U Bundle was announced for Japan along with pre-loading.

img_info_20150206_01.png

These are the locations shown off during the livestream. HUGE!

B9KlrJuCUAAHz6f.jpg

file size looks to be 22.7 GB

B9KqB4_CcAAkE1X.jpg

Not 100% confirmed but people are saying in the eshop description it says 

4 player online quests and 32 player loosely connect online?

This info of course has been translated... so I hope it is true.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#56 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:29 AM

Koh Kojima (no relations to Hideo) have done an EPIC JOB in making Xenoblade Chronicles X.  Heck, even the music by Sawano truly deserves a Grammy for Best Epic Score in a video game!  I'm looking forward to see the Nintendo Treehouse to work alongside Monolith Soft in translation this title in English and delivering the English voice cast as well.

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#57 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:59 AM

#58 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:26 AM

Oh no, more Nopons! But apart from that... Absolutely wonderful!

#59 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:37 AM

So, is this a system seller for Japan... especially since Nintendo is offering a bundle?

I think so.

Confirmed:

The pre-load for the game which went live in Japan a short time ago confirms the following details:

- Single Player RPG
- 4 Players Online Quests
- 32 Players Indirect Online (For Information exchange and item trading)

#XenobladeX supports GamePad, #WiiU Pro Controller, USB keyboard. Miiverse support. Off-TV play. 720p. pic.twitter.com/doXkkkLoxj

B9KvJKeCAAAJzBv.jpg

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#60 Thugbrown

Thugbrown

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:43 AM

I can't wait for this game it is gorgeous but what is going to  erk me is that some people will down grade this game because it runs at 720p not 1080p and look past the seer beauty and scale of this game.  To run at 720p is still impressive to me because I haven't to see anything yet on the other 8th gen and even last gen consoles that had XBC X's atmospheric scale.  My hat goes off for the devs at Monolith they have truly outdone themselves.  Now if only we could get that bundle over here in the west.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!