• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:57 AM

img_chara09-02.png

Ru (Voice: Ryotaro Okiayu)
An inventor and native of the planet Mira. 
He makes his living by selling his inventions to Nopon and other native species. 
With a very curious personality, he feels very close to the newly arrived humans and is, for some reason, very familiar with idioms.

http://xenobladex.jp...er/chara09.html

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#142 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:41 AM

Monolith Soft updated the Japanese Xenoblade Chronicles X website last night. We already heard about new things like the Segment Map and Data Probes. Additional details about both elements and a few other topics have since surfaced, which you can find below.

– Use the Frontier Net exploration system on the GamePad
– Mankind is new to Planet Mira, so they to seek out resources in order to survive
– They do so while also looking for pods that contain cryogenically-frozen humans to add to the population
– The Frontier Net system is used by BLADE to help in the exploration of Mira’s various regions
– Members will Data Probe from different areas to gather information and resources
– Data-probing: look for “Frontier Net Spots” to dig for data
– Sometimes you’ll find rare minerals such as the all-purpose “Miranium” or “Rare Resources”
– You can also find treasure chests by completing quests
– Get upgrades for the Data Probes in these chests
– Set Data Probes to obtain different effects and benefits
– Most of this is done using the Wii U GamePad
– You’ll see a Data Probe marked on the “Segment Map” on the GamePad
– Segments represent different areas shown as hexagons on the map
– Won’t have access to the mecha-weapons right away
– Use the “Hopper Camera” to get a good view of what’s ahead
– Can also use the Hopper Camera to find some routes or secret areas you may have not noticed before
– Can use the Navigation Ball to help explore the world as well
– You can use them as many times as you want

Source

#143 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:10 AM

So is everyone assuming this is a 30FPS experience?

#144 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:31 AM

Don't know. Trailers all been 60FPS. However in RPG's like this doesn't matter as much.

#145 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:43 PM

Don't know. Trailers all been 60FPS. However in RPG's like this doesn't matter as much.

Have to be honest. The trailers look way too smooth for that kind of detail in s game.

I'm expecting 30fps which itself will be great. If somehow 60 then they will literally have outdone themselves manifold times.

#146 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:11 PM

Takahashi would love to see an Xenoblade amiibo series

http://www.gameblogs...e-amiibo-series

Tetsuya Takahashi posted a couple of additional tweets on the Japanese Xenoblade Chronicles X Twitter account today. However, rather than sharing more on the game, he instead spoke about another topic: amiibo.

Takahashi mentioned that he supervised the Shulk amiibo since its early prototype stages. He also expressed a desire for there to be an Xenoblade amiibo series in the future, though perhaps we shouldn’t read too much into it – at least not yet.

Below are Takahashi’s full comments:

It’s been about a month since I posted. The Shulk amiibo came out! I’ve been supervising this since the early prototype stages, but I’d like to say thanks to all the people who’ve worked very hard on the amiibo. I saw a production model at the start of this month and I was very impressed with the build quality. This time it’s a Smash Bros. figurine, but I’d love for there to be a Xenoblade [amiibo] series sometime in the future, too.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#147 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:41 PM

img_chara09-02.png

This character design may just make up for the rest.  I freaking love this guy.  Also the new frontier system they have detailed has really got me hyped, looks too good to be true!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#148 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:05 AM

I am. Trilers have been uploaded in the 60 format, but the only thing that looked 60 to me usually is the splash screen.

Not really a big of a deal in games like this, whos combat revolve more around strategy than timely action. The resources would be better spent making a more immersive world than increasing the frame rate.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#149 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:14 PM

I am. Trilers have been uploaded in the 60 format, but the only thing that looked 60 to me usually is the splash screen.

Not really a big of a deal in games like this, whos combat revolve more around strategy than timely action. The resources would be better spent making a more immersive world than increasing the frame rate.

Guess we will see.

#150 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:10 PM

I'd seriously doubt this'll end up being 60fps. Look how insane and huge the world is. Must be pushing the Wii U quite far. I doubt they'd sacrifice other concerns for framerate in this genre.

#151 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:07 AM

Just saw 40 minutes of ffxv. Um... Xenoblade poops all over it.

Kinda shocked actually. The character designs are slightly more detailed in FF. but the monsters and the characters are very uninteresting. But the XBX world design looks more detailed than FF.

And the FF environment pretty much sucks. It's not even up to Skyrim standards with exception of textures. And the hills, etc are designed so you can't see too far. It looks like a total of four tree models used in obvious repetition, sparse rocks and vegetation, a lot of plain terrain. And the movement of th characters is pretty wonky.

Combat Looks kinda glitchy at this stage as well.

So weird to have this game on wii u looking that much better than the ps4 game (even though the game appears to borrow heavily from xenoblade) And so cool.

Ffxv just seems so "blah" whereas XBX looks epic and compelling.

Whether it sells huge numbers or not, congrats to the monolith soft team.

Wow.

#152 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:08 PM

image: http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/xbx_autorun_thumb.jpg

xbx_autorun_thumb.jpg

Xenoblade Chronicles X has a number of features that make it easier and more convenient to explore its large world. One of these is an auto-run feature, although the developers don’t necessarily want you to lean on it too heavily.

“The Hopper Camera and Navigation Ball seem quite popular,” the game’s director, Koh Kojima, tweeted today. “To tell the truth, there’s also an auto-run feature for moving in a straight line, and there’s the fast travel, too, of course.”

“However,” he continued, “as the developer, we feel conflicted because we’d like users to refrain from using them too much and take their time traversing and enjoying the landscape and enemy placement.”

“It’s quite the conundrum,” Kojima concluded.

Xenoblade Chronicles X is scheduled for release on April 29th in Japan.

Food for thought:

Xenoblade Chronicles X isn’t the only Nintendo game attempting to streamline the way you traverse long distances. Their other open world game, the new Legend of Zelda for Wii U, has a feature whereby your horse automatically avoids trees and other obstacles in the environment without you having to constantly steer it.

Read more at http://www.siliconer...wOlFtL2b8T2e.99

#153 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:22 AM

Auto-run feature, does the character avoid trees like Epona in LOZ Wii U?

#154 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:55 PM

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#155 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:21 AM

Game just looks too good... IMO this is the best looking open world game ever made.... nothing I have seen has topped it. All in 720p ha!

#156 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:07 AM

I love the glow that so much of the game has, every single night scene had something glowing in it. Really pretty stuff.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#157 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:50 AM

img_field05_01.png 

img_field05_02.png

Also, confirmation that you can change the time of day by interacting with a Rest Spot.

Weather effects include Fair, Cloudy, Rain, Thunder & Lightning, Aurora, Rainbow and continent-specific effects like Sandstorms and Heatwaves.

img_chara10-02.png

Lao (Voice: Keiji Fujihara)
One of B.L.A.D.E.'s team leaders.
His fighting strength and intuition is admired even by Elma.
He is unexpectedly sensitive and passionate to his core.
He is buddy of Douglas from their days in the US military.

img_chara11-02.png

Douglas (Voice: Rikiya Koyama)
A member of B.L.A.D.E. He is proficient at all military skills, but especially adept at piloting Dolls.
Despite his stern-looking exterior, he is easy to make fun of; Lyn will often poke fun at his mistakes during Doll test flights.
On Earth, he served under Elma as part of the Unified Government's Vehicle Special Ops Force (also known as the Doll Team).
He is buddy of Lao from their days in the US military.

#158 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:02 AM

qvzj3gF.gif

mCikZAc.gif

uVU23eB.gif

18qqFAe.gif

#159 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:52 AM

A Nopon story translated from Xenoblade X site.

https://docs.google....kQXyFBaLm6g/pub

Looks like the Monado truly was the beginning of the world.

Pretty much confirms a tangential relation to the original Xenoblade for me.

"A sound argument. It embodied the sacred teachings passed down from the ‘hom hom’ of Nopon legends--"If man will not work, he shall not eat."

"Sooner or later, Tatsu had planned to leave the caravan behind. He dreamed of slaying a wicked god accompanied by sidekicks."

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#160 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:31 PM

That confirms my theory I posted before and had for a while. WOOP! I called it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!