#1 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:22 PM

Well though this is not confirmed this does have some light to it. Because if rumored specs are right that means that the Wii U is TWICE as powerful as the Xbox 720! Now we all know how Nintendo likes to keep stuff secret. For example it has been almost a year now and no one knows the exact specs of the 3DS! So for all we know this can be exaggerated or underestimated. But it is your choice to choose if it is true.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#2 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

Yeah that would be pretty awesome if this could be confirmed. Then Nintendo fans could destroy Xbox fans in argument matchups... Redemption time

Posted Image

#3 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

Yeah Here is another one saying 360.

http://n4g.com/news/...ful-as-xbox-360

I know n4g isnt the best but it is what it is. At this point no one knows but the developers that have the final dev kit.

#4 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

I know n4g isnt the best but it is what it is. At this point no one knows but the developers that have the final dev kit.

Well the thing is I am talking about the Xbox 720 while that is talking about the Xbox 360

Posted Image

#5 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:42 PM

If the GPU is better then that's great, but it's not everything. I'm thinking that they mean Xbox 720 is 20% more powerful overall. Though if the Wii U's GPU is better, then that pretty much eliminates most major obstacles to putting multiplats on the system. So we shouldn't have anything to worry about if the rumoured specs are true.

Posted Image

#6 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:48 PM

Well the thing is I am talking about the Xbox 720 while that is talking about the Xbox 360

I'm aware of that. I was just saying there are lots of articles out there saying Wii U is only two times more powerful than 360. If you know anything about n4g they love to post fanboy type articles that gets everyone's panties in a bunch. They are not big Nintendo fans. So it is what it is.

#7 Schroedus

Schroedus

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:12 PM

Well though this is not confirmed this does have some light to it. Because if rumored specs are right that means that the Wii U is TWICE as powerful as the Xbox 720! Now we all know how Nintendo likes to keep stuff secret. For example it has been almost a year now and no one knows the exact specs of the 3DS! So for all we know this can be exaggerated or underestimated. But it is your choice to choose if it is true.
http://www.youtube.c...nel_video_title

Oh, so you're subscribed to Darkcloud1983 too? Awesome. Anyway, I think it's true, but I'll still kinda take it with a grain of salt.

#8 Jp27

Jp27

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:17 PM

Yea Darkcloud knows what he is saying
Posted Image
Dat awesome person

#9 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:20 PM

The developer who said that was from last year.

"Nintendo’s persistence with non-disclosure agreements means that it has been difficult for Develop to cross-examine the source’s claim, which was made late last year."

So he had the older dev kit.

#10 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:32 PM

As I thought...

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#11 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:40 PM

Okay guys, today seems to be the day to be releasing rumors about the Wii U.

Develop, here, tells us that the Wii U is more powerful than our current consoles, and IGN agrees with the notion too. So what does this mean exactly? Not much really, but there are some implications to derive from these rumors.

Being twice as powerful as an Xbox 360 is actually pretty weak haha. Heck, being six times as powerful is also a weak jump given the amount of time since the generation began. That said, both sources above seem to also agree that the next Xbox is not that much more powerful than the Wii U. With this information in mind, we can probably assume that the next generation will not experience any huge tech jumps - Or at least nothing as great as the current generation's jump.

IGN has been pretty good about Nintendo console spec leaks, so I think their approximations are close to the real thing. I'm also willing to take their Xbox 720 rumor in as well.

#12 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:42 PM

Yeah first we hear the early dev kit of wii u is 50% more powerful than the PS3 and then we hear the 720 is six times more powerful than the 360 which is a jump of 500%. What are you going to believe? The 720 will have to be an $800 console to be six times more powerful than the 360. I think the next consoles will at most triple the ram and keep clock speeds the same on the CPUs and use newer GPUs that are a couple generations old.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#13 Shokio

Shokio

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Starfox, F-Zero, SSB

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:51 PM

Yeah first we hear the early dev kit of wii u is 50% more powerful than the PS3 and then we hear the 720 is six times more powerful than the 360 which is a jump of 500%. What are you going to believe? The 720 will have to be an $800 console to be six times more powerful than the 360. I think the next consoles will at most triple the ram and keep clock speeds the same on the CPUs and use newer GPUs that are a couple generations old.

You have to keep in mind that the 360 is running on 2005 tech. It doesn't take that much to top 2005 hardware in 2013. Therefor, no, a console wouldn't cost $800 if it were 6 times more powerful.

And by the way, the 6670 GPU only cost about $80. So it's really not that expensive, especially for a company that will be ordering parts in masses.
Posted Image

#14 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

Well, the Wii U is using a multicore processor based on the Power 7 (2010 tech), and that's litterally all we know, it's better than the current console tech at the same clock speeds (which aren't really too relevent) and if we go by a Quad core Power 7, that's 4 cores with 4 SMT threads in each core (inception) , 12 executions per core and 4MB of L3 cache each with a max of 32MB supported, going by that alone the Wii U's going to have a big leap over current gen stuff.

Plus the 50% thing was developers playing with early Dev kits and that quote was inconclusive, since other developers at the time suggested a much larger power up.

And now according to a post on here, the Wii U's final Dev kit was more powerful than anticipated (but that could mean anything) http://thewiiu.com/t...an-anticipated/

#15 Cobiwan

Cobiwan

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:00 PM

Well the GPU of the 720 puts it 6 times higher.
The GPU of the Wii U puts it around twice as good as the 720.
12 times better than current gen.

It's iffy, it says its less powerful but more powerful at the same time. lol

Posted Image

#16 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:02 PM

I did kinda make a topic like this just so that you know. But yeah I do think that this is a great rumor to have real or not!

Posted Image

#17 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

Being twice as powerful as an Xbox 360 is actually pretty weak haha. Heck, being six times as powerful is also a weak jump given the amount of time since the generation began.

I'm not quite sure you understand entirely.....
6 times makes logical sense because instead of aiming at just "Teh Hardcorez", Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft are also aiming at the casual family . These people want a cheap system that has the games they want .Naturally, none of the systems of the 8th gen should even go above the $400 mark, and that's being liberal. The Xbox 360, since it's price cut to $199 in the baseline model, had nearly dominated the past two years of sales. Consumers want an upgrade, but that upgrade can't cost too much. Both Nintendo and Microsoft will be launching their systems in the middle of a recession. They can not charge more then what the average consumer is willing to spend for a game system. So while it may seem all fine and dandy to state that 6x power isn't that great, one must consider both the issues that are facing consoles today.

Consoles are most likely beginning to reach a point of diminishing returns. Nintendo has shown with the Wii that it is no longer acceptable to launch a system and sell it for less. The 6x power idea that the NextBox has is around $60-$90, the processor being around anywhere from $100-$140, an average hard drive being around $30-50, and the Ram being roughly around $20-$40. This is not including the motherboard( Which let's just add another $40-$60). The total so far is anywhere from $250-$380. Let's take off 15%-25% off to get a rough estimate. We stand roughly $212.5-$285. This is with the rumored basic guidelines inside a hypothetical Nextbox. That's not including the OS, the Controllers, the Shipping, Manufacturing, etc. So all in all, they can't really make it anymore powerful without exceeding the ideal budget for most consumers in this recession.

That was longer then I thought. :P

Edited by Domini N Unova, 25 January 2012 - 05:10 PM.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#18 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

There were a bunch of rumor threads stating "X is more powerful than Y" and I definitely don't find those discussions very interesting.

The main points to get out of this is that I kinda expect the next generation to experience some pretty modest tech jumps. After eight years, you would think Microsoft would go with something far more powerful, but the rumor suggests that Microsoft may shadow Nintendo in their business strategy. And that includes the PS4, unless Sony really wants to continue bleeding money.

#19 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

There were a bunch of rumor threads stating "X is more powerful than Y" and I definitely don't find those discussions very interesting.

The main points to get out of this is that I kinda expect the next generation to experience some pretty modest tech jumps. After eight years, you would think Microsoft would go with something far more powerful, but the rumor suggests that Microsoft may shadow Nintendo in their business strategy. And that includes the PS4, unless Sony really wants to continue bleeding money.

The problem lay in that they can't go much more powerful without being out of the range of average joes. Seriously, with everything that I stated, it's almost logical that they would be going for less power in exchange for a wider audience. That's what Nintendo did, and it worked out pretty well for them.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#20 SSJ3_broly

SSJ3_broly

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:17 PM

so the 720 is 6X stronger then the 360 and 20% stronger then the WII U
(assuming the rumors are true) the WII U is twice as strong as the 720 (even with mid level of that same GPU type, its still stronger)
but this is claiming the WII U is 2X stronger then the 360
clearly someone is lying

Edited by SSJ3_broly, 25 January 2012 - 05:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!