Photo

I think there's a handheld better then the 3DS.

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you swayed by the PSVita? (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you swayed by the PSVita?

1. Yes (7 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. No (35 votes [71.43%])

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

3. Not sure (7 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Limelight788

Limelight788

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo, Gran Turismo

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:17 PM

Did anyone here see Sony's Press Conference tonight? If you have, you would have noticed that the PSVita has been confirmed and it looks to overshadow the 3DS in quality. That's why I'm planning to get that instead of the 3DS now.

- Significantly more powerful then the 3DS.
- Looks to have a better gaming line-up then the 3DS (80+ games are being worked on according to the conference)
- Online functions looks to improve.
- Wi-Fi version cost only $250 and 3G version just $300.

The last part is what sold me to the PSVita.

So, are you considering whenever or not to get a PSVita with/instead of the 3DS?

The Official Mega Man for SSB4 Thread

megaman-2.gif

Want Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. 4? Click on the link in the text and show your support!

#2 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:22 PM

~About equal to the 3DS, in terms of graphics; HD doesn't make a difference on handheld

~ 3DS had 110+ games announced at E3

~ 3DS will have much better online later today/tomorrow

~3Ds is making a 150$ profit, Sony is losing much money. Sony can't afford a price drop, Nintendo can

So don't expect the Vita to be anything impressive yet. And, due to the price, expect less than 2 hours of battery life :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#3 Limelight788

Limelight788

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:46 PM

~About equal to the 3DS, in terms of graphics; HD doesn't make a difference on handheld

~3Ds is making a 150$ profit, Sony is losing much money. Sony can't afford a price drop, Nintendo can

So don't expect the Vita to be anything impressive yet. And, due to the price, expect less than 2 hours of battery life :D

- No it isn't. If you read the specs, you'll see that it's far superior to the 3DS hardware. The 3DS hardware is good, but pales in comparison to the PSVita's hardware.
- Some of these could very well switch to PSVita or at least multi-platform with PSVita. It also doesn't determine if the PSVita will remain below the 3DS in terms of games.
- Yes, but the online will remain inferior to Sony's PSN online structure, which will only improve with PSVita.
- They will eventually gain money out of the PSVita; especially if the thing sells like wildfire like it'll likely do once it gets to store.
- We'll have to see.

megaman-2.gif

Want Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. 4? Click on the link in the text and show your support!

#4 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:12 PM

- No it isn't. If you read the specs, you'll see that it's far superior to the 3DS hardware. The 3DS hardware is good, but pales in comparison to the PSVita's hardware.
- Some of these could very well switch to PSVita or at least multi-platform with PSVita. It also doesn't determine if the PSVita will remain below the 3DS in terms of games.
- Yes, but the online will remain inferior to Sony's PSN online structure, which will only improve with PSVita.
- They will eventually gain money out of the PSVita; especially if the thing sells like wildfire like it'll likely do once it gets to store.
- We'll have to see.

-He's refeerring to how some of the 3DS games look on Par with PSV.
-And what are the odds the reverse could happen. Plus, how many of those games are going to be innovative/new IP's? I'd say very few, due to the fact it has a CONSOLE level budget. Also, who wants a Portable PS3 that they will most likely play at home? not me
-How can you be sure it will be inferior? For all we know, Nintendo could be Contracting Valve to work for the Online on the 3DS, and their online makes PSN look like crap in comparison
-Yeah, because losing $100 when you sell 10000 equals a positive number :D

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#5 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:34 PM

-He's refeerring to how some of the 3DS games look on Par with PSV.
-And what are the odds the reverse could happen. Plus, how many of those games are going to be innovative/new IP's? I'd say very few, due to the fact it has a CONSOLE level budget. Also, who wants a Portable PS3 that they will most likely play at home? not me
-How can you be sure it will be inferior? For all we know, Nintendo could be Contracting Valve to work for the Online on the 3DS, and their online makes PSN look like crap in comparison
-Yeah, because losing $100 when you sell 10000 equals a positive number :D

This.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#6 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:18 PM

To be honest, even though I haven't seen the conference yet, I am tempted by the NGP or whatever they've called it. However, I'm not going to rush to get one, as I'm very happy with the 3DS. It might not have HD graphics, but some of the games like Resident Evil: The Mercenaries look great on the 3DS, and that's without the 3D switched on. It also won't have any of the great Nintendo characters, like Yoshi or Mario, and most of the games will probably be shooters.

#7 Biohazard

Biohazard

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Gears of War, Killzone

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:30 PM

Also, who wants a Portable PS3 that they will most likely play at home? not me

We'll most likely see PSV games being ported to the PS3, so companies can get more money from it. They did with the PSP, when titles like Grand Theft Auto and Syphon Filter were ported to the PS2. In fact, there are PSP games being ported to the PS3 as we speak. That's one of the main problems I had with the PSP: it had little unique aspect as a handheld. I personally think it's much easier to just play Uncharted: Golden Abyss with a regular PS3 controller than with PSV's cumbersome touch-sensitive controls. I'm definitely looking forward to the PSV because I am digging the library, but there is a double-edged sword when it comes to making your handheld as powerful as a console.

#8 rob_shadows

rob_shadows

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:48 PM

Wow, I know this is a Nintendo forum and all but it's truly amazing how blindingly fanboyish some of the people on here are.

3DS on par with Vita graphically? No, not even close. "Some games on par with Vita"? Again, no not even close...the 3DS has nothing that matches the visuals shown in Uncharted, Killzone, MGS, etc...on Vita...nor is it capable of producing such graphics.

3DS had 110+ Games compared to Vita's 80+? Okay...and? How many of those games we're actually slated to be released within the 3DS first 6 months? Granted we don't know release dates for Vita's games but it's pretty likely we'll see a much higher quality of "launch window" games on Vita than we did for the 3DS (which even Nintendo admitted was a mistake). And on another front, how many of those games are actually quality/AAA titles? Give me new UC, LBP, MNR, KZ, GOW, Etc...over a Zelda game I've already beaten multiple times and invested a total of at least 200 hours in any day of the week. It's in 3D? I don't really care I've still already played the game MANY times. And claiming that Vita will have fewer "innovative/new IPs" is the most ridiculous statement I've ever seen. How many of Nitendo's games released or announced for the 3DS fall into that catagory? Very few...not to mention the capabilities for innovation are much higher in Vita than in the 3DS due to them throwing just about every available piece of technology in that damned thing that's available right now...just a completely baseless statement.

The Lineup for the 3DS is lackluster and nearly everyone in the industry agrees with that...both current and announced (hopefully that changes tomorrow...err..today given it's past midnight here). While nearly everyone in the Industry is praising the titles announced so far for the Vita.

3DS online will get better after E3? Okay...but how much better? Because from what Sony showed Vita having it will need to get a LOT better to even come close to touching Vita and while it's possible...I doubt it will happen, Nintendo doesn't exactly have the greatest experiences with online.

(and to whoever it was that said Nintendo's online is better than PSN...no...just...no. There is a reason every online gaming fan hates the Wii and it certainly isn't because the online is "better than PSN"...PSN is well above Nintendo's online and it's not even close...and before you ask, yes..I've dealt with both (all 3 actually and the ranking is easily Microsoft>Sony>Nintendo when it comes to online capabilities))

And as far as the losing money on Vita argument goes....and? How is that going to effect absolutely anything that actually matters? Price Drops? Are you serious right now? PRICE DROP? I feel like Coach Mora and you just asked about the playoffs....(don't expect a gamer to get that reference but if you do, great!). Price Drops won't be happening anytime soon considering the 3DS just came out and Vita isn't even out yet, your getting WAY ahead of yourself, don't expect any price drop on anything until at least holiday 2012 at the earliest, the only way we see Nintendo drop the price before then is if the 3DS fails or begins to get beat by the Vita....and I don't expect either to happen...at least not to a level that will see a premature price drop and I don't see the latter happening period. The 3DS will beat Vita simply on the fact that Nintendo's install base with the DS was vastly superior to Sony's on the PSP...it's still possible the 3DS will fail (at least as far as reaching expectations go, which is already has been doing) but it would have to really tank to see a price drop before late 2012.

I understand that most people on this forum tend to gravitate towards Nintendo more than Microsoft or Sony and I respect that but some of these arguments/statements are simply false.

EDIT:

And before anyone gets up in arms making any fanboy claims towards me in retaliation to my fanboy statement, I won't be buying either of them, I'm not into handheld gaming.

We'll most likely see PSV games being ported to the PS3, so companies can get more money from it. They did with the PSP, when titles like Grand Theft Auto and Syphon Filter were ported to the PS2. In fact, there are PSP games being ported to the PS3 as we speak. That's one of the main problems I had with the PSP: it had little unique aspect as a handheld. I personally think it's much easier to just play Uncharted: Golden Abyss with a regular PS3 controller than with PSV's cumbersome touch-sensitive controls. I'm definitely looking forward to the PSV because I am digging the library, but there is a double-edged sword when it comes to making your handheld as powerful as a console.

So when Sony institutes touch controls it's "cumbersome" but when Nintendo does it it's "Innovative"? Right...that makes sense.

And the game can be played 100% WITHOUT using ANY touch screen controls, they've already stated that. Just as most other "hardcore" games will do it's added as an option for those who are into that sort of thing (similar to the way Move was an option on many of the PS3's "Hardcore" games) NOT as a required method of control.

Edited by Feld0, 06 June 2011 - 11:08 PM.

#9 Biohazard

Biohazard

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Gears of War, Killzone

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:36 PM

(and to whoever it was that said Nintendo's online is better than PSN...no...just...no. There is a reason every online gaming fan hates the Wii and it certainly isn't because the online is "better than PSN"...PSN is well above Nintendo's online and it's not even close...and before you ask, yes..I've dealt with both (all 3 actually and the ranking is easily Microsoft>Sony>Nintendo when it comes to online capabilities))

Umm no one here said Nintendo's online is better than PSN's. In fact, there are people here who want Nintendo to improve their online service. Wiiwouldlike2play said that Valve's online service is better than Sony's, not Nintendo. Other statements about Nintendo's online improvements are speculative, which is harmless last time I checked.

So when Sony institutes touch controls it's "cumbersome" but when Nintendo does it it's "Innovative"? Right...that makes sense.

And the game can be played 100% WITHOUT using ANY touch screen controls, they've already stated that. Just as most other "hardcore" games will do it's added as an option for those who are into that sort of thing (similar to the way Move was an option on many of the PS3's "Hardcore" games) NOT as a required method of control.

I only said the touch-controls for Uncharted: Golden Abyss were cumbersome. Yes, the demo they showed didn't exhibit the control's abilities that well in my opinion. I know they aren't mandatory, but I was talking about it relative to the PS3 controller. When I say its "cumbersome," that's just me talking. Don't take it as gospel.

Seriously, rob, calm down. You say you are not into handheld gaming, yet you're here blowing your load.

#10 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:08 AM

So don't expect the Vita to be anything impressive yet. And, due to the price, expect less than 2 hours of battery life :)

Wow Wertville I didn't take you for a Nintendo fanboy :D

But seriously though I am pretty impressed with the PSV, especially the price. I'm sure I don't have to mention the whole $599. The games are looking pretty nice too. 3DS games look nice as well just not as nice. I mean look at the effects on Uncharted *sighs*

I have to admit I am worried about the 3DS. The reason why the Nintendo DS was such a success was because of its great games and gameplay, something the 3DS is seriously lacking in.

Also the PSV has some sort of chat system or something, that sounds really interesting. So yes, in answer to your question I am interested.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#11 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:24 AM

Umm no one here said Nintendo's online is better than PSN's. In fact, there are people here who want Nintendo to improve their online service. Wiiwouldlike2play said that Valve's online service is better than Sony's, not Nintendo. Other statements about Nintendo's online improvements are speculative, which is harmless last time I checked.

I only said the touch-controls for Uncharted: Golden Abyss were cumbersome. Yes, the demo they showed didn't exhibit the control's abilities that well in my opinion. I know they aren't mandatory, but I was talking about it relative to the PS3 controller. When I say its "cumbersome," that's just me talking. Don't take it as gospel.

Seriously, rob, calm down. You say you are not into handheld gaming, yet you're here blowing your load.

Yeah, I said that if Nintendo really wanted to, they could hire Valve to make their online.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#12 rob_shadows

rob_shadows

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:59 AM

Yeah sorry about that I was half asleep when I read/replied to that and read it wrong.

And just because I'm not personally a handheld gamer doesn't mean I don't still get really into it, lol. I get into anything related to the gaming world, even if it's something I'll never play. I hated the Wii but I still payed attention every year for Nintendo news. Well, I didn't "hate" the Wii...just felt it was vastly inferior to the 360 and PS3 but I've never really bought into the motion control thing too much, I enjoy it on occasion but that's what I prefer it as...an occasional option for fun...it works great for party games and such but to me the gimmick of motion controls isn't something that should be pushed too hard as Nintendo has done, I prefer what Microsoft and Sony have done in making it an option for those who want to play with it instead of a focal point (well...Sony anyway...Microsoft is trying way too hard to force Kinect on people IMO), luckily it does seem like they are backing down on forcing the stuff on folks a little but for Wii U. Basically, if it's related to gaming...I'm passionate about it:D.

EDIT:

Although I will admit even I'm intrigued by Vita despite the fact that I've never purchased a handheld console but I still won't be buying it...I'm personally not willing to pay the same amount of money for a handheld that folks payed for a Wii when it was released. If I ever do decide to give it a try I'll wait until it hits around the $150 price point which I don't expect to see until 2014.

Edited by rob_shadows, 07 June 2011 - 10:04 AM.

#13 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:15 PM

Well, I don't feel like quoting right now, and I have something else to say so I'll just state this logical claim:

3DS = Quite a bit better than Wii graphics

PSV = Slightly worse than PS3 graphics

Therefore, outside of screen size(HD) which is negligible on a handheld, the differences between 3DS and PSV are close to the differences between the PS2 and GC, simply with their roles swapped. Plus 3D adds a lot to the graphical capabilities, some games profiting more than others.

Just the same, all the PSV games I saw were sequels or ports, and (I think) all of them were on PS3 as well. A remake is automatically better than a port, because many people missed it the first time, so the 3DS lineup > PSV lineup. Especially after what we saw at the conference.

TO MY UNRELATED POINT:

The WiiU seems like a huge slap in the face to the PSV, to be honest. After spending a large portion of their conference on the PSV, talking about how it is basically a touch-screen PS3 with slightly worse graphics that you can play in bed and share saves with the PS3 (Even though you have to buy BOTH copies), Nintendo pops up and announces the WiiU, a CONSOLE with BETTER graphics than the PS3 (Slightly-substantial, we can't tell yet) that you can play in bed as well as SWAP ONTO the TV (Buying only ONE copy).

Voice chat VS. Video Chat
PS3 ports VS. Next Gen. games
Unless Sony announces a battery that lasts more than 3 hours, along with many new exclusive games (Which I don't think is going to happen >.>) then they have competition with both the Handheld and Console Nintendo markets.

~Kirby

I believe I said in my Intro post that I was a self-proclaimed Fanboy :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#14 rob_shadows

rob_shadows

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:34 PM

Well, I don't feel like quoting right now, and I have something else to say so I'll just state this logical claim:

3DS = Quite a bit better than Wii graphics

PSV = Slightly worse than PS3 graphics

Therefore, outside of screen size(HD) which is negligible on a handheld, the differences between 3DS and PSV are close to the differences between the PS2 and GC, simply with their roles swapped. Plus 3D adds a lot to the graphical capabilities, some games profiting more than others.

Just the same, all the PSV games I saw were sequels or ports, and (I think) all of them were on PS3 as well. A remake is automatically better than a port, because many people missed it the first time, so the 3DS lineup > PSV lineup. Especially after what we saw at the conference.

I don't know where your getting your ideas from but they are wayyyy off base. The Vita is miles ahead of the 3DS in graphical capability and is only behind the PS3 in the amount of background detail that can be displayed. Kojima showed MGS4 on Vita without downgrading graphics at all.

Ummmmmmm....what? The PSV games are Sequels or Ports? All on PS3 as well? The franchises are on PS3 but the games are entirely new, none are ports and none are "sequels" but independent games in the universe of the franchises (similar to what God of War on the PSP was). And even if they were what's your point? That's ALL That's coming to 3DS...your bias is astounding and your being blatantly hypocritical. You praise the what was it...4...5 new games Nintendo showed all coming 6 months from now for the 3DS then bash the PSVs library for being "Sequels" of established franchises when literally every one of those games Nintendo showed.....was an established franchise! lol.

The WiiU was not a slap in the face to the PSV, now your just being absurd. The PSV isn't for playing in bed...I played my PS3 in bed...the PSV is for playing when your not at home.

And on that note, there have been some comments coming out suggesting that the WiiU remote has to be in the same room as the console to work, therefor your point is moot anyway.

Take the fanboy glasses off for a second and become an actual gamer that appreciates any platform from any company, you'll be glad you did;).

#15 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:26 PM

I don't know where your getting your ideas from but they are wayyyy off base. The Vita is miles ahead of the 3DS in graphical capability and is only behind the PS3 in the amount of background detail that can be displayed. Kojima showed MGS4 on Vita without downgrading graphics at all.

Cool. The main difference between the Wii and PS3 is HD, though. Which is moot on a handheld. The Gamecube could do Anti-Aliasing and background things that the PS2 couldn't do; Yet you once claimed that the graphics of the two were practically the same?

Ummmmmmm....what? The PSV games are Sequels or Ports? All on PS3 as well? The franchises are on PS3 but the games are entirely new, none are ports and none are "sequels" but independent games in the universe of the franchises (similar to what God of War on the PSP was). And even if they were what's your point? That's ALL That's coming to 3DS...your bias is astounding and your being blatantly hypocritical. You praise the what was it...4...5 new games Nintendo showed all coming 6 months from now for the 3DS then bash the PSVs library for being "Sequels" of established franchises when literally every one of those games Nintendo showed.....was an established franchise! lol.

Umm... What? I'M being hypocritical? I'm admitting that the 3DS has mostly remakes. However, YOU were the one who pointed that out. So I just decided to return the favor. I guess using sequel was a bad term; I'm used to using that against Shooter only fans who like to see the same game released yearly. None of the new games (Or at least, not many that were shown at E3) have exclusivity, is what I meant by port, BTW. As for Remakes, Ninty Fanboys like me (And probably a good sized chunk of the early adopters) have never owned a Sony Console, and therefore love it when developers abandon the PS2 and give an advanced port to a Ninty console :D

The WiiU was not a slap in the face to the PSV, now your just being absurd. The PSV isn't for playing in bed...I played my PS3 in bed...the PSV is for playing when your not at home.

It will be for playing in bed if they don't give it a 2+ hour battery life and make it pocket sized :/

And on that note, there have been some comments coming out suggesting that the WiiU remote has to be in the same room as the console to work, therefor your point is moot anyway.

Not sure how they would go about testing that. I won't doubt it, but I'll wait for an announcement from a press source and/or Nintendo.

Take the fanboy glasses off for a second and become an actual gamer that appreciates any platform from any company, you'll be glad you did;).

I do enjoy games from all companies. I play them all the time at friends houses (Though they all(Cept' one) enjoy playing my Wii much more :)).

However, once people start up console wars... I have to side with Nintendo. I enjoy talking about one console or another, but once someone says 'X is better than Y' I come out, Objection!s blazing.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#16 rob_shadows

rob_shadows

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:14 PM

Umm... What? I'M being hypocritical? I'm admitting that the 3DS has mostly remakes. However, YOU were the one who pointed that out. So I just decided to return the favor. I guess using sequel was a bad term; I'm used to using that against Shooter only fans who like to see the same game released yearly. None of the new games (Or at least, not many that were shown at E3) have exclusivity, is what I meant by port, BTW. As for Remakes, Ninty Fanboys like me (And probably a good sized chunk of the early adopters) have never owned a Sony Console, and therefore love it when developers abandon the PS2 and give an advanced port to a Ninty console :D

Several of the titles have exclusivity...to Sony, be it the PS3 or PSV. The franchises will never be seen on any other console, UC, LBP and MNR are three examples that they showed (there are more but I can't remember what exactly they showed to be honest and I don't feel like looking up the video).

It will be for playing in bed if they don't give it a 2+ hour battery life and make it pocket sized :/

Right...cause the 3DS is pocket sized and has great battery life..again...take the damn glasses off. As far as Vita's battery life last I heard it was confirmed that it was longer than what the PSP had. (You have to remember that the OLED screen does not require a backlight)

Not sure how they would go about testing that. I won't doubt it, but I'll wait for an announcement from a press source and/or Nintendo.

Hey don't get me wrong I really really hope that's pure b/s.

I do enjoy games from all companies. I play them all the time at friends houses (Though they all(Cept' one) enjoy playing my Wii much more :)).

However, once people start up console wars... I have to side with Nintendo. I enjoy talking about one console or another, but once someone says 'X is better than Y' I come out, Objection!s blazing.

I question where you live then because I've honestly never known anyone personally that enjoys the Wii ahead of the 360 and PS3.

EDIT:

Oh right nvm, your Canadian....that explains it:P (joking don't take that too seriously, I love Bret Hart I swear!!:rolleyes:)

Edited by rob_shadows, 07 June 2011 - 04:15 PM.

#17 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:24 PM

Several of the titles have exclusivity...to Sony, be it the PS3 or PSV. The franchises will never be seen on any other console, UC, LBP and MNR are three examples that they showed (there are more but I can't remember what exactly they showed to be honest and I don't feel like looking up the video).

I meant console exclusivity. If you're going to get the game, get the PS3 version.

Right...cause the 3DS is pocket sized and has great battery life..again...take the damn glasses off. As far as Vita's battery life last I heard it was confirmed that it was longer than what the PSP had. (You have to remember that the OLED screen does not require a backlight)

The 3DS IS pocket sized, though. Seeing as you are not a handheld gamer, you probably don't know the size... It's smaller than my relatively small hand, which usually fits into pockets :/
Just the same, the 3DS has a 5 hour battery life, and an easy way to quickly enter sleep mode, which uses almost no battery power.
(Also, is Sony really a company? From what I've heard... This should be a $600 console... Did they really learn from the PS3 :S)

Same here, though I sleep right across from my living room, so I should be safe anyway XD

I question where you live then because I've honestly never known anyone personally that enjoys the Wii ahead of the 360 and PS3.

EDIT:

Oh right nvm, your Canadian....that explains it:P (joking don't take that too seriously, I love Bret Hart I swear!!:D)

Plenty of people enjoy the Wii over the PS360. You might not believe it, but there are some GREAT games for Wii. Like Smash Bros. Just the same, Gamecube games age really well :)
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#18 Someone

Someone

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:57 PM

EDIT:

Oh right nvm, your Canadian....that explains it:P (joking don't take that too seriously, I love Bret Hart I swear!!:D)

Three words: haters gonna hate. Why are you so against Nintendo? I enjoy the Wii way more than I would the PS3, but that doesn't mean I'm Canadian. Everyone has their own taste, so everyone should be able to have their own opinion without being insulted. A console being "better" is also all in opinion!

#19 Limelight788

Limelight788

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:25 PM

@Wertville: You're comparing handheld to consoles. PSVita and Wii-U are not good consoles to compare with; the only similarities they share is that they're futuristic technology and that they are designed primarily to play game.

And how is the 3DS superior to the Wii? There would be no point in buying the Wii if it was weaker then the 3DS.

megaman-2.gif

#20 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:44 PM

Handheld is a very poor term, I'm now realizing... All consoles are handhelds, save for kinect :/

It's not Handheld VS. Console, it's Portable VS. Console.

If Sony can't prove that the Vita is very much portable, then it will simply lose to the Wii U.

Ie.
If Vita_Battery_life <= 2 && Vita_Size > pocket_size:
WiiU_Competition = True
Else:
WiiU_Competition = False

EDIT: Also, the 3DS is stronger than the Wii... Very much so. Which is why the Wii is being replaced next year :/

Edited by Wertville, 07 June 2011 - 05:45 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!