Photo

I think there's a handheld better then the 3DS.

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you swayed by the PSVita? (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you swayed by the PSVita?

1. Yes (7 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. No (35 votes [71.43%])

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

3. Not sure (7 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:02 PM

I meant console exclusivity. If you're going to get the game, get the PS3 version.

The 3DS IS pocket sized, though. Seeing as you are not a handheld gamer, you probably don't know the size... It's smaller than my relatively small hand, which usually fits into pockets :/
Just the same, the 3DS has a 5 hour battery life, and an easy way to quickly enter sleep mode, which uses almost no battery power.
(Also, is Sony really a company? From what I've heard... This should be a $600 console... Did they really learn from the PS3 :S)

Same here, though I sleep right across from my living room, so I should be safe anyway XD

Plenty of people enjoy the Wii over the PS360. You might not believe it, but there are some GREAT games for Wii. Like Smash Bros. Just the same, Gamecube games age really well :D

Exactly. I dare you to compare the visual appeal of Super mario sunshine to COD1 and tell me which ones better.
No offense, but Wertville just wins this conversation. Plus, my comment still hasn`t been answered about Limelight`s poor math

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#22 rob_shadows

rob_shadows

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:59 PM

First of all COD sucks...just sayin...

Second, that's not a fair comparison at all...your comparing a platformer to an FPS. You got the stones to compare Sunshine to LPB? Not quite as favorable as I think you'd be hoping for:P...even Ninty fanboys crave LPB...and rightfully so...the game is epic.

I agree there are some great games on the Wii..the problem I have with it is for every great game..there are 102420395239053292423423492305924093482 horrible games. Now there are horrible games on every system...but far more on the Wii than on the PS360...The Wii was plagued with small time developers making countless numbers of crap games to try and make an easy buck off the install base..it's actually really unfortunate IMO. However, I personally do feel that there are more great games on the PS360 than there are on the Wii...I'll take Oblivion over Twilight Princess, Mass Effect over Metroid (I know it's not the same but it's the closest thing I could come up with...with the whole futuristic theme and all) and LPB over Mario 10 times out of 10...actually...9 times out of 10...if they made a Zelda game that matched the scope of Oblivion...I'd be sold. (which I pray we see on Wii U since it now gives them the ability to do so).

Of course...we haven't even seen the most epic Wii game of all yet.

I am of course referring to Kirby Wii...which will completely pwn every Wii game in existence and more than make up for that blasphemous b/s they tried to attach the hallowed Kirby name to in Epic Yarn...which in fairness I have heard good things about but it's still NOT Kirby and anyone who ever says otherwise will be slapped with a hot dog:D

Oh, I almost forgot.

Wertville, you vastly overrated the difference HD makes...I have never owned an HDTV but that hasn't stopped my PS3 games looking vastly superior to Wii games, the main difference is not HD...it's the power of the CPU and GPU, which in the Vita is well ahead of the 3DS.

And just so we're clear...I'm not taking credit from the 3DS...I believe it will beat Vita, however I also feel that Vita will end up being the superior product.

And one last correction...your voice chat vs video chat argument...the PSP uses Skype and while Skype is now owned by Microsoft they haven't stopped the continued usage on the PSP (despite the fact that they could if they wanted) and I doubt they'd stop it's usage on Vita if Sony was chose to make the deal to carry it over given that Microsoft isn't in the handheld market anyway.

Edited by rob_shadows, 08 June 2011 - 12:09 AM.

#23 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:32 AM

Second, that's not a fair comparison at all...your comparing a platformer to an FPS. You got the stones to compare Sunshine to LPB? Not quite as favorable as I think you'd be hoping for:P...even Ninty fanboys crave LPB...and rightfully so...the game is epic.

I agree there are some great games on the Wii..the problem I have with it is for every great game..there are 102420395239053292423423492305924093482 horrible games. Now there are horrible games on every system...but far more on the Wii than on the PS360...The Wii was plagued with small time developers making countless numbers of crap games to try and make an easy buck off the install base..it's actually really unfortunate IMO. However, I personally do feel that there are more great games on the PS360 than there are on the Wii...I'll take Oblivion over Twilight Princess, Mass Effect over Metroid (I know it's not the same but it's the closest thing I could come up with...with the whole futuristic theme and all) and LPB over Mario 10 times out of 10...actually...9 times out of 10...if they made a Zelda game that matched the scope of Oblivion...I'd be sold. (which I pray we see on Wii U since it now gives them the ability to do so).

Of course...we haven't even seen the most epic Wii game of all yet.

I am of course referring to Kirby Wii...which will completely pwn every Wii game in existence and more than make up for that blasphemous b/s they tried to attach the hallowed Kirby name to in Epic Yarn...which in fairness I have heard good things about but it's still NOT Kirby and anyone who ever says otherwise will be slapped with a hot dog:D

Oh, I almost forgot.

Wertville, you vastly overrated the difference HD makes...I have never owned an HDTV but that hasn't stopped my PS3 games looking vastly superior to Wii games, the main difference is not HD...it's the power of the CPU and GPU, which in the Vita is well ahead of the 3DS.

And just so we're clear...I'm not taking credit from the 3DS...I believe it will beat Vita, however I also feel that Vita will end up being the superior product.

And one last correction...your voice chat vs video chat argument...the PSP uses Skype and while Skype is now owned by Microsoft they haven't stopped the continued usage on the PSP (despite the fact that they could if they wanted) and I doubt they'd stop it's usage on Vita if Sony was chose to make the deal to carry it over given that Microsoft isn't in the handheld market anyway.

And of course ignore what i was Saying. I MEANT VISUAALLY between the 2

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#24 Ruthie

Ruthie

Blooper

• Writers
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Final Fantasy, Uncharted, Ratchet

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:30 AM

I am very impressed with the PSV (obviously), they've showed some really nice games, packed in some impressive tech and managed to keep the price down to boot. To be honest I don't think it will be affected too much by the Wii U as they are offering completely different experiences. This year will all be about the PSV and the Nintendo 3DS.
Assistant Writer of Wii U Go and Vita/3DS enthusiast.

#25 Guest

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Okami, Metroid, Mega Man X

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:58 AM

Agreed.

I am of course referring to Kirby Wii...which will completely pwn every Wii game...

You forgot about Okami. This game'll never be owned. I gotta admit, though, that it originally was a PS2 game.

Wertville, you vastly overrated the difference HD makes...

You on the other hand are either vastly underrating the difference 3D makes, or you are wearing fanboy glasses yourself and can't admit that 3D rulz (would be strange as Sony likes 3D, too).

Posted Image

#26 Someone

Someone

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:01 AM

...even Ninty fanboys crave LPB...and rightfully so...the game is epic.

I agree there are some great games on the Wii..the problem I have with it is for every great game..there are 102420395239053292423423492305924093482 horrible games. Now there are horrible games on every system...but far more on the Wii than on the PS360...

I don't "crave" LBP; it looks odd and, well, bad, not to mention I don't like the controls. That's my opinion, which goes to prove that if one console is perfect for one person, another is just as good for a different person. As for the Wii games, yes, there are a plethora of bad games, but don't you think we should be counting the good games (which there are many of)? I don't think you would count the bad games and exclude the good games when saying the PS3 is good, so what you do or don't do to one console, you should do or don't do to another: that applies to comparing anything. I don't get why some people are so biased. . . .

Anyway, on the original topic, I don't think consoles are better by the graphics, but they're better by what kind of games you want. The PSV is perfect for some people, and the same can be said for the 3DS; it all depends on what kind of taste you have in gaming.

P.S.: If there's some spelling errors, it's because I'm typing this with my 3DS.

Edited by Someone, 08 June 2011 - 10:04 AM.

#27 Biohazard

Biohazard

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Gears of War, Killzone

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:21 AM

if they made a Zelda game that matched the scope of Oblivion...I'd be sold. (which I pray we see on Wii U since it now gives them the ability to do so)

Without the bugs and crashes, of course.

#28 rob_shadows

rob_shadows

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:17 AM

And of course ignore what i was Saying. I MEANT VISUAALLY between the 2

Hmm...Dunno, never played COD 1...no idea what it looked like.

You on the other hand are either vastly underrating the difference 3D makes, or you are wearing fanboy glasses yourself and can't admit that 3D rulz (would be strange as Sony likes 3D, too).

3D serves it's purpose but like motion controls that purpose is limited and best used for certain occasions...not as a staple of a systems usage. I'm actually quite disappointed by how much the entertainment industry (not just video games) are trying to force 3D on everyone.

3D on some games is fine and dandy, makes for a fun experience...others...it's pointless and should never be used. Now you can of course turn off the 3D effect for games one may feel that way about on the 3DS but then the console loses what makes it unique.

If your impressed by 3D that's fine, many people are. Myself, I was impressed for about 10 minutes (sarcasm) then realized that as I said it's the same as motion controls and needs to be used in moderation...at times it can be quite annoying.

I don't "crave" LBP; it looks odd and, well, bad, not to mention I don't like the controls. That's my opinion, which goes to prove that if one console is perfect for one person, another is just as good for a different person. As for the Wii games, yes, there are a plethora of bad games, but don't you think we should be counting the good games (which there are many of)? I don't think you would count the bad games and exclude the good games when saying the PS3 is good, so what you do or don't do to one console, you should do or don't do to another: that applies to comparing anything. I don't get why some people are so biased. . .

I did count the good games and I also did state that the PS360 have bad games as well as the Wii. The point I was trying to make was how much the game library of the Wii was hurt by small developers flooding the system with crap games to try and make easy money. The Wii more than any other recent Nintendo console is very dependent on Nintendo's first party software. There are SOME quality 3rd party titles but nowhere near the amount you'll find on other consoles and a vast majority of the actual quality titles on the Wii are 1st party games. Now if a game is good it doesn't really matter if it's 1st, 2nd, or 3rd party but what such dependence on 1st party titled does mean is that aside from traditional 1st party franchises it limits the library on the system. One could easily say (and many Nintendo fans do) that it just means that Nintendo has Mario, Zelda, Kirby, DK, etc...all their franchises while Sony and Microsoft don't...but one could also come right back and say that while Sony and Microsoft don't have Nintendo's 1st party franchises, they have everything else while Nintendo (for the most part) only has their 1st party franchises.

To clarify, that is obviously speaking in general and like I said there are exceptions and there are some quality 3rd party titles for the Wii but it would take a fool to argue that they are anywhere near as abundant as they are on the PS360.

Anyway, on the original topic, I don't think consoles are better by the graphics, but they're better by what kind of games you want. The PSV is perfect for some people, and the same can be said for the 3DS; it all depends on what kind of taste you have in gaming.

I get what your saying by saying that you don't feel consoles are better by the graphics but I disagree. While a game doesn't need spectacular (or even good) graphics to be a great game, the console supporting those high level graphics grants more options for different types of games in various different settings (including the so called "ultra-realistic" settings). A console with limited graphics also limits a developers options when it comes to a games setting and intention. Games may not need great graphics to be great but with certain types of games (like games set in the real world) it does help increase the experience.

Your other point I completely agree with, it depends on a persons personal taste.

Myself I'd prefer Vita because it will easily offer the better RPG and Sports collection and while I'm not a big FPS fan I do usually like to have one (only one) for the occasional desire to shoot someone (most recently it was MAG before I sold my PS3) and with some franchises I do buy the game, beat it, then trade it in because I like the story (Resistance 1 and 2 being the most recent examples). Others who prefer Mario, Zelda, DK, Kid Icarus, etc...(Nintendo's 1st party software) should go with the 3DS.

I'd also personally prefer Vita because as I've stated in other threads I'm just a sucker for flashy high tech stuff, lol.

Either way, I'm not spending $250 on a handheld, neither are worth that much. Once Vita drops significantly I may consider getting involved in the handheld world but not before then.

#29 Someone

Someone

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:24 AM

Ah, we've been trolled (I think).

#30 rob_shadows

rob_shadows

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:46 PM

Care to explain, I'd love to hear this :D

#31 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:59 PM

You maked a "joke" about Canadians that could potentially make people feel bad.
I could consider you a troll because of that.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#32 Guest

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:32 PM

You said the new Kirby game's gonna be the best Wii game ever. C'mon, Kirby isn't bad, but you either don't know what you're talking about or you're a Kirby fanboy. Or a troll. Seriously, even Epic Kirby, who seems to be less active recently, should agree that while Kirby is fun, it's not quite on the same level as Mario and Zelda. At least it wasn't in the past, and we don't have enough information on the new Kirby to judge how it's going to be.

Posted Image

#33 rob_shadows

rob_shadows

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:22 PM

I'd place Kirby's Adventures ahead of any Mario game from it's era personally. I loved the old school Mario games but Kirby was just awesome.

Zelda I'd usually put ahead of Kirby but I just wasn't a fan of Twilight Princess. Personally I haven't really liked any Zelda games much since the 64 days. Hated Wind Waker and while Twilight Princess was better it still wasn't OOT/MM quality for me personally.

I have all the information I need...no more yarn...return of the pink vacuum (that sounds...really...really wrong and I apologize) all I need to know, lol.

You maked a "joke" about Canadians that could potentially make people feel bad.
I could consider you a troll because of that.

I'm fairly certain the context of that statement was pretty obvious.

I can't hate on Canada considering I live 15 minutes from the Ambassador Bridge and have crossed it many many times and had some very enjoyable experiences in Ontario.

And I wasn't kidding I really am a big Bret Hart fan :P

#34 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:35 PM

I'd place Kirby's Adventures ahead of any Mario game from it's era personally. I loved the old school Mario games but Kirby was just awesome.

Zelda I'd usually put ahead of Kirby but I just wasn't a fan of Twilight Princess. Personally I haven't really liked any Zelda games much since the 64 days. Hated Wind Waker and while Twilight Princess was better it still wasn't OOT/MM quality for me personally.

I have all the information I need...no more yarn...return of the pink vacuum (that sounds...really...really wrong and I apologize) all I need to know, lol.

Kirby and Mario both take a backseat to Zelda and Metroid, personally. I'm not a huge Platformer fan, but Metriodvania games just have that something extra that makes them different; and Zelda is Zelda. While I do agree that Twilight Princess was far too easy, Windwaker is easily the third greatest (3D?) zelda game, after MM and OoT, respectively.

I'm fairly certain the context of that statement was pretty obvious.

I can't hate on Canada considering I live 15 minutes from the Ambassador Bridge and have crossed it many many times and had some very enjoyable experiences in Ontario.

And I wasn't kidding I really am a big Bret Hart fan :D

Who's Bret Hart? :P

*Is totally clueless about famous people in any country (outside of Video games, of course)*
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#35 Ruthie

Ruthie

Blooper

• Writers
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Final Fantasy, Uncharted, Ratchet

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:14 AM

How did this move from a discussion about PlayStation Vita to one about Kirby and Canadians :P

Even so, I think all the series have their place but I was impressed with the fact that Kirby has been made out of yarn, been different colours and multiplied. They sure keep that one fresh :D . I still prefer Zelda though as it brings about the depth that I like from a video game.

But back to the original question I'm surprised that so many people aren't really convinced about the PSV.
Assistant Writer of Wii U Go and Vita/3DS enthusiast.

#36 Guest

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:23 AM

The posts are gettin offtopic enough so let's derail the thread even further.

Here's some gameplay of the new Kirby Wii

On topic: You know, it's just that Sony should quit the gaming business from my point of view or at least stop making new hardware.

Firstly, they hardly make any money with their hardware. It took years for the PS3 to start to pay off (if it even pays off at all, I don't know), and it most probably will be the same for the PSVita.
It will be almost impossible for them to include a decent battery if they want to make money, and with 1-2 hours of battery life, there really is now way any intelligent person is going to buy it.
There simply is no reason why to buy it. Everything the PSVita can do can be done better by the PS3, except the touchscreen thing.
On the other hand, the PS3 has motion controls, the PSVita doesn't. This means, the PSVita is either going to fail, or Sony will once again lose lots of money.

Secondly, graphics won't be as important anymore for future gens.
The only thing you buy a Sony console/handheld for is high-end-tech, whereas Nintendo loves to invent things the dudebro/"hardcore" crowd likes to call "gimmicky".
In my eyes, these Nintendo inventions are what distinguishes console/handheld gaming from PC gaming. CPUs, GPUs and memory are getting better all the time, it's ridiculous to base one's console on better specs once they don't matter as much anymore.
Don't understand me wrong, I usually don't take the Nintendo-fanboy-"graphics don't matter!"-approach. IMO, graphics have been a driving force in video game history, but many up-to-date video games already look extremely real. I'm perfectly content with sub-PS360 graphics if I get unique gameplay in return.
Sadly, Sony showed with the PSVita that they're going to follow their path of including cutting-edge processing tech and using every Ninty innovation twice.

What I want to say, is... Look at the SNES controller. It has two shoulder buttons. Then, the N64 controller adds some other buttons and an analog stick. The PSOne controller has four shoulder buttons and two analog sticks. Wohoo, using an innovation from the competitor twice should appeal twice as much to the gamers, right?
Later, one player could use two black WiiMotes with an ugly orb at the same time. Two swords instead of one sword would be cool, right? Frankly, yes, but it isn't innovative.
And now the latest Sony invention: take a PSP, give it a second analog stick and use Nintendo's last innovation twice. There you have it, two touchscreens. EXTREMELY innovative.

Posted Image

#37 rob_shadows

rob_shadows

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:27 AM

Who's Bret Hart? :P

*Is totally clueless about famous people in any country (outside of Video games, of course)*

Wrestler from Alberta, the Hart family is legendary within the wrestling world.

Firstly, they hardly make any money with their hardware. It took years for the PS3 to start to pay off (if it even pays off at all, I don't know), and it most probably will be the same for the PSVita.
It will be almost impossible for them to include a decent battery if they want to make money, and with 1-2 hours of battery life, there really is now way any intelligent person is going to buy it.
There simply is no reason why to buy it. Everything the PSVita can do can be done better by the PS3, except the touchscreen thing.
On the other hand, the PS3 has motion controls, the PSVita doesn't. This means, the PSVita is either going to fail, or Sony will once again lose lots of money.

Just the way Sony does things, Nintendo goes for 5 year life cycles so the consoles need to be able to make money quickly. Sony (and Microsoft with the 360) go for 10 year cycles, giving them more time to turn a profit.

Kaz Harai has said that the current plan is for vita to be profitable in 3 years. Again, just the way Sony does things, lol. It costs them a ton to make it right now but just like the PS3, within a few years time costs will drop by more than 50% and they'll start turning a profit. The Vita like the PS3 has been given a 10 year life cycle.

The Battery life question has already been addressed, if I remember correctly expected battery life is 4-6 hours depending on what your doing (again, don't underestimate how beneficial the lack of a backlight with an OLED screen is)

Saying the PS3 does everything VIta does better is just an odd statement, one is a home console the other a handheld, no handheld has ever had the power of the generations home consoles...but Vita is the closest we've ever come. And actually, Sony has patented technology allowing Move to be used with the Vita....now I'm still skeptical about just why the heck you'd want to use motion controllers on a handheld obviously requiring you to not be holding the system but who knows...

As far as "Sony once again losing lots of money", again...it's just the way they do things. Their consoles are built for long-term gains, they were 100% expecting the losses the PS3 had in it's first few years and they expect the same with Vita. However, by the end of the 10 year life cycle profits will be pretty high, just as with the PS3.

It's an odd strategy for sure but it does work. Even taking years before your making money, your still making money. A company like Sony has the resources to be able to use this type of strategy.

Personally I wouldn't take that approach myself simply because I'm a far too impatient person to be waiting 3 years before I'm seeing profits but at the same time I do enjoy seeing Sony and Microsoft do it because it tends to give us some pretty nifty systems when they are willing to sell them at an initial loss.

#38 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:35 AM

Just the way Sony does things, Nintendo goes for 5 year life cycles so the consoles need to be able to make money quickly. Sony (and Microsoft with the 360) go for 10 year cycles, giving them more time to turn a profit.

Kaz Harai has said that the current plan is for vita to be profitable in 3 years. Again, just the way Sony does things, lol. It costs them a ton to make it right now but just like the PS3, within a few years time costs will drop by more than 50% and they'll start turning a profit. The Vita like the PS3 has been given a 10 year life cycle.

As far as "Sony once again losing lots of money", again...it's just the way they do things. Their consoles are built for long-term gains, they were 100% expecting the losses the PS3 had in it's first few years and they expect the same with Vita. However, by the end of the 10 year life cycle profits will be pretty high, just as with the PS3.

It's an odd strategy for sure but it does work. Even taking years before your making money, your still making money. A company like Sony has the resources to be able to use this type of strategy.

Personally I wouldn't take that approach myself simply because I'm a far too impatient person to be waiting 3 years before I'm seeing profits but at the same time I do enjoy seeing Sony and Microsoft do it because it tends to give us some pretty nifty systems when they are willing to sell them at an initial loss.

This strategy isn't actually that uncommon. Mobile phones are often sold for less money than they cost to make. The companies make their money from charging to use the phone, or in some cases with their App Stores. Likewise, Sony plan to sell the Vita for a loss (or just a small profit, and then make their money from games sales and DLC.

Does the Vita really have a ten year life ahead of it? In that case, I'll almost certainly buy one at some point in those ten years, as it does look like a nice piece of kit.

#39 Biohazard

Biohazard

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Gears of War, Killzone

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:39 AM

But back to the original question I'm surprised that so many people aren't really convinced about the PSV.

Should you be? This is a Nintendo forum, so it's full of blind Nintendo fanboys! :P

But, seriously, it's like the "PSP vs DS" debate. Better graphics and better tech don't always make a better system. Back when the PSP debuted in E3 2004, Sony's first handheld dwarfed the DS. Other than having Dreamcast/PS2-level graphics, it had all sorts of options and multimedia features that hardcore gamers salivated over, while the DS just had a touch screen. However, thanks to Nintendo's marketing and the games, the DS became a huge success in spite of all of the PSP's functions. While the multimedia features were impressive, it also became a detriment, at least to me, because when the handheld launched, I saw more UMD movies than games. The PSP became paperweight until great titles like Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, and God of War: Chains of Olympus saved it from heading to the buyback. Overall, I felt the PSP was a great handheld.

I hope the same goes for Vita, but the handheld didn't surprise me all that much. The PSP did things that wasn't imagined in handheld gaming, while the Vita is everything that I expected it to be. It displays better graphics, supports better online, and incorporates touch controls. So far, only 40 titles have been confirmed, and only handful of them appeal to me, so I don't plan on plopping down $300+ for this at launch. The same went for the 3DS.

Edited by Biohazard, 10 June 2011 - 09:12 PM.

#40 Guest

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:04 AM

Saying the PS3 does everything VIta does better is just an odd statement

Well, I didn't know that the battery life actually is that long. Ignore that particular statement, it only makes sense (at least a bit) if you think of the Vita as a handheld with limited mobility, which it would be with a battery life of less than 2-2.5 hours. I've got to admit it's better than I thought, though it's still not innovative enough. Sony did make a step forwards, but they have to innovate on a much bigger scale if they want me to like them :P.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!