• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

THQ: “WiiU is just alot more powerful than current HD consoles it does 1080p very easy.”

Epic: “It will do things current HD consoles simply cant do its going to be a powerful box.”

Crytek: “WiiU devkits are very powerful,the specs are very good”

Vigil Games: “We had the game at the same level as high end pc version in a matter of days and a few lines of code got the game up and running on tablet in 5 mins.”

EA: "Wii U is not a transitional platform, it is a true next generation system."

Just to keep postive news about what devs said, and show you what the other comment what Vigil Games said.

THQ: http://www.zeldainfo...d-graphics.html

Crytek: http://hearmiii.blog...-u-is-very.html

Vigil Games: http://www.neogaf.co...670&postcount=1

EA: http://www.gigwise.c...rm-EA-Boss-Says

Some are Worded a little bit differently but the same content.

Edited by Meelow100, 24 March 2012 - 04:55 PM.

#2 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

Do we have sources for all these?

Posted Image

#3 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:15 PM

Do we have sources for all these?

THQ: http://www.zeldainfo...d-graphics.html

Crytek: http://hearmiii.blog...-u-is-very.html

Vigil Games: http://www.neogaf.co...670&postcount=1

EA: http://www.gigwise.c...rm-EA-Boss-Says

Some are Worded a little bit differently but the same content.

Edited by Meelow100, 24 March 2012 - 04:25 PM.

#4 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

Nice post , this solidifies all the claims 3rd parties have been making

Signature_Fox.png

#5 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

finally some good news.. lol

As for Vigil Games they are lying? or what... The game is not a PC game, but an import from xbox360... so whatever they say, wii U and any high end pc, will have the same performance..

Here is a proof of their statement.. http://thewiiu.com/t...7804#entry67804

I mean, if EA says that, for crysis and battlefield 3 (For example), is more reliable than vigil games and darksiders 2. The reason is, crysis and bf3, are pc games and not imports..! And thats what we wont, developers to choose wii U as the platform to built their game, and then downgrade it a bit for 360 and ps3, or improve it just a bit for high end pc...

Edited by Orion, 24 March 2012 - 05:02 PM.

#6 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

Wow, my hype has risen even more! :D

#7 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

I mostly only care about Crytek.

LordPickleton.png

#8 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

Pretty much says the Wii U is stronger than the current gen systems and is worthy of being called a next-gen system.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#9 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:55 PM

Sure! the Doubters will have to face the music soon...

#10 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:11 AM

I looked at the original source for vigil games and nearly 3/4 of what people post is
"who cares, when the other consoles come out it will be destroyed"
and "I'll be playing this on my ps3/360, not anything Nintendo"
and one idiot said to the darksiders source"is this a Wii u exclusive, because then I will never buy it"
<_<

Edited by uh20, 25 March 2012 - 07:21 AM.

:laugh:

#11 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:51 AM

I looked at the original source for vigil games and nearly 3/4 of what people post is
"who cares, when the other consoles come out it will be destroyed"
and "I'll be playing this on my ps3/360, not anything Nintendo"
and one idiot said to the darksiders source"is this a Wii u exclusive, because then I will never buy it"
<_<

People are huge fanboys, they think just because it's Nintendo the games will be kiddy/suck. They are stupid and you know what's funny most of those people are probably 12 year olds that only play games because they see there friends and only play CoD and call themselves a hardcore gamer, also I can bet if the Wii U was more powerful then say the PS4 and was a more "hardcore" console then they would jump ship and start bashing Sony.

Edited by Meelow100, 25 March 2012 - 08:54 AM.

#12 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

THQ,Crytek and Epic really stand out for me, because they definitely have some of the most graphically impressive games this Gen.
Posted Image

#13 ryan31394

ryan31394

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:22 PM

THQ,Crytek and Epic really stand out for me, because they definitely have some of the most graphically impressive games this Gen.

What about EA? Have you seen BF3 in 1080p? ._.

#14 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:11 PM

What about EA? Have you seen BF3 in 1080p? ._.

Yea I guess, I am just not a fan of what Frostbite Engine games look like. -_-
Posted Image

#15 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

THQ??? WTF

Ubisoft, Crytek, and Epic are the most important.

Runner Ups: THQ, EA, T2, Bethesda, Activison, Konami, Vigil, Namco Baindai, Team Ninja, Capcom.

#16 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

THQ??? WTF

Ubisoft, Crytek, and Epic are the most important.

Runner Ups: THQ, EA, T2, Bethesda, Activison, Konami, Vigil, Namco Baindai, Team Ninja, Capcom.

Take a look at Metro:Last Light.
Posted Image

#17 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

Take a look at Metro:Last Light.

There it all makes sense now. I forgot about that. When I think about THQ I think about Wrestling and My Little Pony.

#18 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:36 PM

at this point i would be fine if the Wii U was the gamecube(from a tech standpoint) of the next gen. gamecube had BEAUTIFUL games and produced the most beautiful game that gen in resident evil 4 IMO. but nintendo has to make it comparable to what next gen systems from microsoft and sony will have. it just cant be so far behing that developers have to sacrifice too much just to port a game to Wii U.

#19 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:40 AM

that's a no brainer ... :)

Many peolpe might be console-only so pretty much lacking a lot of information, the legacy and histroy, PC platform as well, Crtyek made Far Cry and Crysis 1 one of the best PC games ... so you see a lot of people especially 14old noobs spitting doubt on this ... i know for a half year what's WiiU really about - these people just can't stop their BS about the specs already. It's going to run UE4, and a load of other engines - no doubt about it.

People are too interwined with the short-term history of nintendo's hardware ... actually N64 was above all competition in hardware specs. nintendo is nintendo and a lot of crazy kids as well as analysts and investors just don't understand this unique company. What the heck legacy does microsoft have ... in the console world ... none serious, except knowing how to copycat stuff and charge premium to screw over ignorant 13old westerners into forcing their parents to pay for XBL Gold accounts, as well as artificially locking access to PC-retail hard drives in order to sell branded hard drives 3-times the actual price, and you know what they say, if it's worth doing it's worth overdoing, placing a HDD requirement for the Halo 3 CO-OP - a term exists for specifically these things: ripoff

Edited by Stewox, 26 March 2012 - 07:49 AM.

Posted Image

#20 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

that's a no brainer ... :)

Many peolpe might be console-only so pretty much lacking a lot of information, the legacy and histroy, PC platform as well, Crtyek made Far Cry and Crysis 1 one of the best PC games ... so you see a lot of people especially 14old noobs spitting doubt on this ... i know for a half year what's WiiU really about - these people just can't stop their BS about the specs already. It's going to run UE4, and a load of other engines - no doubt about it.

People are too interwined with the short-term history of nintendo's hardware ... actually N64 was above all competition in hardware specs. nintendo is nintendo and a lot of crazy kids as well as analysts and investors just don't understand this unique company. What the heck legacy does microsoft have ... in the console world ... none serious, except knowing how to copycat stuff and charge premium to screw over ignorant 13old westerners into forcing their parents to pay for XBL Gold accounts, as well as artificially locking access to PC-retail hard drives in order to sell branded hard drives 3-times the actual price, and you know what they say, if it's worth doing it's worth overdoing, placing a HDD requirement for the Halo 3 CO-OP - a term exists for specifically these things: ripoff

Exactly Dude, I hate these people saying Nintendo is a Children's company and stuff like that. When in fact Nintendo has had the some of the strongest consoles until the Wii.

There it all makes sense now. I forgot about that. When I think about THQ I think about Wrestling and My Little Pony.

I understand, before Metro and Darksiders that is all I associated THQ with aswell.lol

Edited by Chinomanila, 26 March 2012 - 01:16 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!