Photo

How likely are you to buy a Wii U?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Poll: yeah... (69 member(s) have cast votes)

How likely are you to get a Wii U

1. ZOMG NO BRAINERZ GONNA GETS IT ON LAUNCH (100% sure you're getting one) (48 votes [69.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 69.57%

2. Depends on the specs (assuming we know the Wii U is gonna be at least more powerful than current gens) (3 votes [4.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

3. Nintendo sucks (Ninty hater) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Depends on the price tag... (11 votes [15.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.94%

5. My parents think gaming is the second worst thing in the world after Hell... (2 votes [2.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.90%

6. Gonna get it, but lets wait a bit... (5 votes [7.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

It's a risk that the stores take and it hasn't affected them to this date, they've been around for more than 10 years and have been doing this for ages.

As long as it doesn't violate my warranty I'll be willing to pick one up early.

#42 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:57 AM

As long as it doesn't violate my warranty I'll be willing to pick one up early.

Oh yeah warranty XD, I know that for some consoles back in the day you had a sign up sheet for warranty registration, I know Sony did it not sure if companies do it now.

#43 The Last Mellon

The Last Mellon

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:24 AM

Buying 2 at launch. One for myself and One for my boys(9-10 y/o). Now I can watch my to 4 favorite teams(bulls,bears,whitesox,Blackhawks) on the big screen while running threw hell(darksiders11) on my WiiPad. I hope Wii U has some sort of in-game skype app that allows you to play and communicate visually with people online. I wouldn't mind meeting some of you. If they have this sort of app I look forward to meeting and beating some of the forum members online.

wish you were my dad :/
Posted Image

#44 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

Buying 2 at launch. One for myself and One for my boys(9-10 y/o). Now I can watch my to 4 favorite teams(bulls,bears,whitesox,Blackhawks) on the big screen while running threw hell(darksiders11) on my WiiPad. I hope Wii U has some sort of in-game skype app that allows you to play and communicate visually with people online. I wouldn't mind meeting some of you. If they have this sort of app I look forward to meeting and beating some of the forum members online.

Now thats what I was hoping for, skype powered chat. I use skype for when playing on either PS3 or Xbox 360, its just a lot more useful to me and better quality, to have it integrated into the system would be great. Pretty much all of our game chat is on skype, kinda unfair on game mode like search and destroy on CoD but oh well. Thats what I hope for, and integrated always running chat client. No just some "app" that you have to use and cant play games. I doubt nintendo could or will but I wish they would allow you to run a game and another app in the background. Such as voice chat completely seperate from the game. On xbox live some games dont allow party chat to be used, which I find annoying.

#45 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

Now thats what I was hoping for, skype powered chat. I use skype for when playing on either PS3 or Xbox 360, its just a lot more useful to me and better quality, to have it integrated into the system would be great. Pretty much all of our game chat is on skype, kinda unfair on game mode like search and destroy on CoD but oh well. Thats what I hope for, and integrated always running chat client. No just some "app" that you have to use and cant play games. I doubt nintendo could or will but I wish they would allow you to run a game and another app in the background. Such as voice chat completely seperate from the game. On xbox live some games dont allow party chat to be used, which I find annoying.

Totally agree

#46 TriForce_3

TriForce_3

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

Then you gotta put "Gonna get it let's wait"

Nah, I didn't vote at all :)

It's not "ZOMG NO...." but it's not "Gonna get but..." either. In all likelihood I'll preorder and have it paid off before launch date just to make sure I have one with my name on it. E3 would have to be a major disappointment for me not to have one on Launch day.

Price isn't a concern for me and I'm not really that concerned about specs. The only thing that would disappoint me is a lack of good first party games, though I'm also looking forward to some of the 3rd party games already announced. I'll be holding off playing Darksiders II on 360 so I can play it on the Wii U.

Edited by TriForce_3, 18 April 2012 - 11:43 AM.

#47 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

Midnight Launch. I am pre ordering the Wii U the day after Nintendo's E3 lol.

There wont be a price drop on the Wii U for quite a long time. It wont be like the 3DS. Reggie said we are aiming to get people wanting to play the Wii U every day, touch it every day. We dont want people to say oh yah I will get it but when it gets a price cut. more then likly Nintendo will sell it at a loss so only getting it when its even cheaper is kinda being a dick to Nintendo.

Wish I had money :/ and my parents aren't the biggest video game fans :(
so maybe after prices come down a bit

There is a built in webcam in the controller. We already know this. Most likly in the party chat type thing on Wii U you can do Video Chats in the Party chat so on your tablet there will be a small box streaming the others webcam.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#48 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

I'm not going to lie I had my doubts about the console. But yes day 1 buy standing in line just like I did for the Wii. I can't wait for E3 to see what launch game I will get. Still want to see how killer freaks final version turns out.

#49 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

You can watch your favorite teams while playing with your favorite teams :P

<br />
Buying 2 at launch. One for myself and One for my boys(9-10 y/o). Now I can watch my to 4 favorite teams(bulls,bears,whitesox,Blackhawks) on the big screen while running threw hell(darksiders11) on my WiiPad. I hope Wii U has some sort of in-game skype app that allows you to play and communicate visually with people online. I wouldn&#39;t mind meeting some of you. If they have this sort of app I look forward to meeting and beating some of the forum members online.<br />

<br />
<br />
</p>

#50 Rvaisse

Rvaisse

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, zelda,FF,mariooooo

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

Its nintendo i buy it, eyes wide closed ^^
ok i didnt buy the virtualboy ^^

#51 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

almost definatly.
not at launch though. probably a month or two after.

trying not to get two enthusiastic at launch like i did with the 3ds.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#52 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

very....
Posted Image

#53 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

You can watch your favorite teams while playing with your favorite teams :P<br />
<br />
</p>

Me likes that

#54 SilverArrow

SilverArrow

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Fandom:
    PONIES

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:08 PM

I am very likely to get it. It's a very appealing idea, especially the controller. Really though the price tag will be the final decider for me.
Posted Image

#55 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

You can watch your favorite teams while playing with your favorite teams :P<br />
<br />
</p>

Me likes that

#56 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

100% Sure

Edited by Daniel, 22 April 2012 - 02:10 PM.

#57 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

Me likes that

And it could look real with the amazing textures. That would be cool Heat vs Bulls on tv while playing Nba 2k13 and the same game on the tablet controller.

#58 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

And it could look real with the amazing textures. That would be cool Heat vs Bulls on tv while playing Nba 2k13 and the same game on the tablet controller.

the game could be somehow influenced by the real time game maybe?
Posted Image

#59 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

the game could be somehow influenced by the real time game maybe?

It already is you could play real games with the current game rosters. They call it NBA today, and the game has a live ticker too.

#60 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

It already is you could play real games with the current game rosters. They call it NBA today, and the game has a live ticker too.

WELL COULD ANYONE TELL ME HOW I MISSED THIS!?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!