Photo

How likely are you to buy a Wii U?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Poll: yeah... (69 member(s) have cast votes)

How likely are you to get a Wii U

1. ZOMG NO BRAINERZ GONNA GETS IT ON LAUNCH (100% sure you're getting one) (48 votes [69.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 69.57%

2. Depends on the specs (assuming we know the Wii U is gonna be at least more powerful than current gens) (3 votes [4.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

3. Nintendo sucks (Ninty hater) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Depends on the price tag... (11 votes [15.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.94%

5. My parents think gaming is the second worst thing in the world after Hell... (2 votes [2.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.90%

6. Gonna get it, but lets wait a bit... (5 votes [7.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

100% sure I will get one but not sure of the timing. The possibility of a worldwide November launch will make it a huge event and perfect timing just before christmas will make it an ideal christmas present for many. There will probably be limited numbers and a bit of a frenzy to try to get one. I think Nintendo are aiming to replicate the wii launch. I hate paying full price for anything and I'm most interested in Nintendo's own titles generally. I'd like to buy one at launch but suspect huge demand will keep prices high for a while and I'll end up buying in the February/March when retailers are in a bit of a slump and prices come down. If the UK retail price is lets say £249 I'd probably be looking to buy around £200 approx. It really depends on how much I want the software. Certain titles like a new 3D Mario, Mario kart, Zelda, Pilotwings and quite a few others will probably force my hand and I'll want to buy it sooner.

#62 birdmaster21

birdmaster21

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Mario Kart, F-Zero

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

All the way, once the Wii U comes out, the gaming industry will praise Nintendo(assuming that its good, but it will be of course).
The Master of All Birds!!!!!

#63 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

All the way, once the Wii U comes out, the gaming industry will praise Nintendo(assuming that its good, but it will be of course).

Yeah I'm just scared that a bunch of fanboys don't buy the Wii U cuz "its Nintendo". Its a good thing for me, but some people just... are fanboys.
Posted Image

#64 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

Hi all, first post here in these forums but I've been a gamer forever and own a Wii, 360 and PS3.

Unless something comes out to completely turn everyone off from the Wii U (unlikely), I'm about 95% sure I'll be preordering as soon as it's available at Gamestop. I've been slowly building credit for the next-gen, and I currently have $900 to blow. So it'll be icing on the cake if the Wii U comes in at $250 or $300 in the U.S. My only concern is how my hands are going to feel after holding the tablet remote for hours at a time. Otherwise, I'm very excited for E3 and to hear the launch lineup. One game out of Metroid/Zelda/Mario would be enough to sell me on the system Day 1.

#65 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:51 AM

I'm absolutely definitely getting one at launch. I'm not really bothered about the price as I know it's going to have to be fairly reasonable. I suspect it won't be more then £299 here in the UK. I'm also not to bothered about the launch line up as I know the good games will come and owning all the other consoles I have plenty of other games to play.

#66 RippedOffMattress

RippedOffMattress

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Fandom:
    My Little Pony, Homestuck, and Nintendo.

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

I'm kind of skeptical. Although me and my bro want it so badly, I'm in question if we could even get it. Really, it all depends on its sucess (kind of), and the price.
Posted Image

#67 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:53 AM

I'm kind of skeptical. Although me and my bro want it so badly, I'm in question if we could even get it. Really, it all depends on its sucess (kind of), and the price.

Why does the success of it affect your choice of purchase?

#68 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:44 AM

I will get it, but I never buy something on release date. Not even software, I always wait for bundles, or offers, user reviews and opinions.. video footage, etc..
There is one more aspect.. Nintendo announced a software price increasement? Because MS and SONY will reduce dramatically their prices in games, because nobody buys the 60$ games anymore.. Its more like nintendo is going to repeat a Microsoft and sony mistake, if they do that.

Edited by Orion, 14 May 2012 - 01:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!