#1 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:16 AM

EPIC has indirectly responded to the previous rumour about no UE4 on wii u. yes it was a rumour cos Geoff is not a developer and hasn't really got ANY legitimacy to talk about the wii u hardware. he has demonstrated very recently in a gametrailers video that he doesn't know anything about any wii u news since last E3.

http://mynintendonew...wii-u-strategy/
Posted Image

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:27 AM

Everything everyone says doesn't deserve it's own thread.
Practise for after release, by putting replies in the same thread as the original post about it.

This unicorn tongue is getting annoying.

Edited by Nollog, 29 May 2012 - 08:27 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:32 AM

agreed! please just lock this

#4 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:34 AM

I think it's better if we put stuff like this on status updates and such.
Posted Image

#5 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:56 AM

i know very well that people have already posted this info on the previous thread, but replies aren't seen by everyone, this i believe is important enough that everyone should see. dont act like this is causing any form of problem cos it isn't
Posted Image

#6 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:04 AM

This doesn't deserve a topic. It's already been posted in the original thread about the subject..
No sig.

#7 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:22 AM

When there ain't any news, I will take anything.
Posted Image

#8 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:38 AM

I think it does deserve to be a topic. Crackkat is right. Not everyone sees the replies.
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#9 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:46 AM

well if you guys think it deserves to be a topic how about actually discussing the topic at hand.

#10 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

Sure. I think that Unreal will be on the Wii U because most of all the real Developers are practically kissing the console with praise. There is no reason for it not to have it. And besides it is a next gen console so if the Wii U doesn't get it then nothing will.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#11 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

Sure. I think that Unreal will be on the Wii U because most of all the real Developers are practically kissing the console with praise. There is no reason for it not to have it. And besides it is a next gen console so if the Wii U doesn't get it then nothing will.

mind you the wii was a next gen console and it didnt get unreal 3 support

#12 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

How was the Wii next gen? It was barely stronger than a Gamecube.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#13 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

Why are you guys acting like this is a huge disturbance?
Posted Image

#14 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

How was the Wii next gen? It was barely stronger than a Gamecube.

regardless of how powerful the console was it was still a next generation console.

Sixth generation (ps2,dreamcast,xbox,gamecube,gameboy advance/sp)

Seventh generation (wii,ds,xbox360,ps3,psp)

Eighth generation (3ds, wii u, ps vita)

Generations are not based on power.

#15 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

Nintendo has to know UE4 is one of the most important things to have for the Wii U. I'm sure they'll have it.

#16 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:31 PM

And yet, if you combine the sales of GCN and WIi they sold 117 million (95 million of that Wii) and if you combine the 360/PS3 sales, they surpass Nintendo in sales by 14 million (131 million total sales). However, alone, 360 only sold 67 million and the PS3 sold 62 million. So, the Wii was weaker, yet sold more, and the hardware was developed back in 1998. So Nintendo clearly won, and they made a ton of money, considering the development of the Wii tech was paid for in the previous generation. The Wii sold more, was cheaper to develop, and now Nintendo has ton of cash to spend on ... what, exactly? Making GCN 3.0? Really? No, they are making a Wii U -- a next generation console.

To show more evidence of this point, Nintendo is not taking the Wii hardware and just upgrading it. They are going from a PowerPC G3 processor to a POWER7. Literally jumping four generations from what the Wii had. And two generations from whath the 360 is based on. To add to the point, the technology in the POWER7 is not a minor upgrade. The POWER6 was said to be a super computer on a chip, and people asked if Apple made the right choice going to Intel (clearly they did, Intel is way cheaper). POWER7 is leagues better than the PowerPC G5 processor (or Xenon, actually, which is not in the same family as the G5 but are similar in technology).

Sure, we still don't know what the GPU will be. We know it is part of the Radeon HD family. But why would the grandfather of video games -- the oldest still making hardware in the business (Microsoft and Sony are "new kids" on the block) -- choose a weak card when they are choosing such a great processor? It doesn't make any sense, at all. In fact, the first rumors were pointing Nintendo choosing an old card, sure, but one of the best ones from that time period -- one that AMD based for the newer models going forward. Basically, a good foundation for building a grand card for a company that was -- according to developers -- changing the specs constantly.

My final point, is that Wii U older dev kits were able to do the Zelda demo which was in 720p. It was outstanding. And it was older hardware. Unfinished, yet still able to out preform the other, last generation consoles (PS3/360). Don't get me started on that Garden demo, which was fantastic. Speaking of that one, look at the trees. Then go watch the Last of US trailer on PS3 . The environment clearly shows the age of the PS3 tech, yet the Wii U was able to outshine it on unfinished, older tech. Epic practically said in other comments that UE3 can do more on the Wii U then what that Zelda HD demo showed. (Samaritan video, anyone?) By the way, just because he said UE3 doesn't mean UE4 can't run on Wii U. In fact, the comment could indicate it will -- it's like saying, "Yeah, we can do better with out current tech, and our newest baby will smoke you." Remember, they are making a point OF NOT CONFIRMING anything at this point.

..... Need I say more?

Edited by MorbidGod, 29 May 2012 - 10:42 PM.

Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#17 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:33 PM

^good post, makes sense.

By the way. Remember NDA people? Epic is not allowed to talk about Wii U.

I really hope for Metroid Unreal 4 or something.
No sig.

#18 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:52 AM

^good post, makes sense.

By the way. Remember NDA people? Epic is not allowed to talk about Wii U.

I really hope for Metroid Unreal 4 or something.

Metroid? Unreal 4? Holy crap I hope!
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#19 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:18 AM

Well why not. Metroid Prime ran on another UE I believe..
No sig.

#20 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:27 AM

Is it that ur4 wont run on wii u or they dont want it too? Im no techy but i kinda get the feeling that unreal are pure xbox and ps3 supporters and might see nintendo as a threat, i mean look at mario galaxy! What engines is that running on? Im sure there are worse looking ur3 games out there. Perhaps this is the point in gaming where we all must make choice of what we all really want out of our games

Like i said im no techy so if unreal is used on nintendo already im sorry lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: UE4, EPIC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!