• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

It's been like this since the N64 days, Nintendo trying to get great third party support for they're consoles but third party's are stubborn, I just saw on Neogaf that someone said that EA canned a game that was for the WiiU/PS4/720/PC and they canned the Wii U version not because of the tech but because EA is scared the Wii U won't be a success (even though they assume the PS4 and 720 will be), I am scared Nintendo isn't trying hard and will just pull a Wii with the Wii U, It's hard as a Nintendo fan to keep going threw this, if this is true why does Nintendo love to disappoint they're console fans?, I'm hoping that it is a fake rumor but I don't know, It's not fare that Nintendo fans keep getting disapponted by third party's, why can't they support Nintendo consoles like they do with the handhelds?.

What do you think?.

#2 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:22 PM

I think that if you are really, really, really concerned about the third party games, you should get a high end PC or console other than the Wii U. If you are more concerned about Nintendo first party titles, then get a Wii U.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#3 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɹoddns ʎʇɹɐd pɹıɥʇ ʇɐǝɹb ʇǝb ʇ,uoʍ n ııʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʇ ɹɐǝɟ ɐ ǝʌɐɥ ı

LordPickleton.png

#4 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

I think that if you are really, really, really concerned about the third party games, you should get a high end PC or console other than the Wii U. If you are more concerned about Nintendo first party titles, then get a Wii U.

I'm of course getting the Wii U and I'm also getting the PS4 but I hate hearing "LOL NINTENDO NEVER GETS THIRD PARTY SUPPORT!" or devs saying "sorry, we can't bring it to Wii U because..." and say some stupid excuse, I want to play these games on a Nintendo console, why does Nintendo get the bashing and dissapointment while Sony and Microsoft get the love, I feel like third party's forgot if it wasn't for Nintendo they would not be where they are at now, Nintendo brought back gaming.

#5 009soulmaster

009soulmaster

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Tales of, Persona 4,TWEWY

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:48 PM

First off why do you care what EA says? Everyone don't like them, the only game they have that's good id Dead Space. now as for Third Party. I'm sure theres tons as i heard SEGA, Ubisoft, Komani and other well known Companies are extremely interested in the system and are brainstorming ideas on how to use it for their games.

I'm of course getting the Wii U and I'm also getting the PS4 but I hate hearing "LOL NINTENDO NEVER GETS THIRD PARTY SUPPORT!" or devs saying "sorry, we can't bring it to Wii U because..." and say some stupid excuse, I want to play these games on a Nintendo console, why does Nintendo get the bashing and dissapointment while Sony and Microsoft get the love, I feel like third party's forgot if it wasn't for Nintendo they would not be where they are at now, Nintendo brought back gaming.

umm im sorry but i think you forgot to tell them about the 3DS as it has games coming exclusively on there that are kick ass.
Resident Evil: Revelations
Castlevania LoS-Mirror of Fate
Epic Mickey
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
Project X Zone.
and for the Wii U
Zombi U
Rayman Legends
i'd name more but nintendo won't talk til the games are out and about

Posted Image

Be sure to give me your Friend Code if you added mine.

#6 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:55 PM

But then Metroid comes and saves the day.

The End.
Posted Image

#7 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

First off why do you care what EA says? Everyone don't like them, the only game they have that's good id Dead Space. now as for Third Party. I'm sure theres tons as i heard SEGA, Ubisoft, Komani and other well known Companies are extremely interested in the system and are brainstorming ideas on how to use it for their games.

umm im sorry but i think you forgot to tell them about the 3DS as it has games coming exclusively on there that are kick ass.
Resident Evil: Revelations
Castlevania LoS-Mirror of Fate
Epic Mickey
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
Project X Zone.
and for the Wii U
Zombi U
Rayman Legends
i'd name more but nintendo won't talk til the games are out and about

I don't really care for EA that much but if it's EA than it could mean a lot more, I know Sony had to convice third party's to develop on the PS3 in 2006-2008, Nintendo said in July 2011 that they will pay to make sure the Wii U gets great third party support, I hope they will do that and I know I shouldn't believe every Neogaf rumor but it does scare me that third party's might not have faith in the Wii U but already have faith in the PS4 and 720, I know Nintendo will have to convice third party's that the Wii U is the right system to develop for.

#8 BeyondSmash

BeyondSmash

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

There weren't many 3rd parties cuz of inadequate power. As devs have stated Wii U has enough which is one of the reasons it will have much 3rd party treatment.

#9 009soulmaster

009soulmaster

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

I don't really care for EA that much but if it's EA than it could mean a lot more, I know Sony had to convice third party's to develop on the PS3 in 2006-2008, Nintendo said in July 2011 that they will pay to make sure the Wii U gets great third party support, I hope they will do that and I know I shouldn't believe every Neogaf rumor but it does scare me that third party's might not have faith in the Wii U but already have faith in the PS4 and 720, I know Nintendo will have to convice third party's that the Wii U is the right system to develop for.

I seem to rememeber a rumor or a quote a while back about Nintendo giving very few Third Parties a demo of the Wii U so they can see how it is. i think they haven't seen the Wii U up close which is why they arent going to until they see if its worth making it. Which means that Nintendo doesn't want their help in thrid party but its optional. so while EA isint gonna support, Nintendo is one step ahead on picking the companies it trusts on making games for it. oh yeah i think SEGA said how very interested they were on the Wii u but didnt get a demo then weeks later they got a demo and then the Sonic & All Stars Racing is going to be ported. so yeah its nice to see Nintendo letting compnies try it and being careful on whose getting a demo of it so the gamepad isint copied *cough*Sony*Cough*

Posted Image

#10 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

I have this fear also.

#11 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

I seem to rememeber a rumor or a quote a while back about Nintendo giving very few Third Parties a demo of the Wii U so they can see how it is. i think they haven't seen the Wii U up close which is why they arent going to until they see if its worth making it. Which means that Nintendo doesn't want their help in thrid party but its optional. so while EA isint gonna support, Nintendo is one step ahead on picking the companies it trusts on making games for it. oh yeah i think SEGA said how very interested they were on the Wii u but didnt get a demo then weeks later they got a demo and then the Sonic & All Stars Racing is going to be ported. so yeah its nice to see Nintendo letting compnies try it and being careful on whose getting a demo of it so the gamepad isint copied *cough*Sony*Cough*

I think I'm just paranoid because of Neogaf, this one guy said "I'm only expecting about 15-25% of multiplatforms to make it to the Wii U" and stuff like that.

#12 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

It's been like this since the N64 days, Nintendo trying to get great third party support for they're consoles but third party's are stubborn, I just saw on Neogaf that someone said that EA canned a game that was for the WiiU/PS4/720/PC and they canned the Wii U version not because of the tech but because EA is scared the Wii U won't be a success (even though they assume the PS4 and 720 will be), I am scared Nintendo isn't trying hard and will just pull a Wii with the Wii U, It's hard as a Nintendo fan to keep going threw this, if this is true why does Nintendo love to disappoint they're console fans?, I'm hoping that it is a fake rumor but I don't know, It's not fare that Nintendo fans keep getting disapponted by third party's, why can't they support Nintendo consoles like they do with the handhelds?.

What do you think?.

Remember how interested EA's CEO was when talking about the Wii U, especially for sports games? He said that players could change and manage their tactics on the GamePad. This makes the next gen sports games more attractive on the Wii U. Plus the Wii U has still much more 3rd party games that we don't know about yet. I personally lost fate in NeoGaf since I figured out that those "trusted developpers" that always have disastrous news concerning the Wii U come from this website. Relax man, I had the same feeling when I first heard about those Nintendoomed rumors, until I found out they were totally fake. :)

But then Metroid comes and saves the day.

The End.

I love how you just solved the problem! Flawless logic! Bravo!
Posted Image

#13 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:19 PM

Remember how interested EA's CEO was when talking about the Wii U, especially for sports games? He said that players could change and manage their tactics on the GamePad. This makes the next gen sports games more attractive on the Wii U. Plus the Wii U has still much more 3rd party games that we don't know about yet. I personally lost fate in NeoGaf since I figured out that those "trusted developpers" that always have disastrous news concerning the Wii U come from this website. Relax man, I had the same feeling when I first heard about those Nintendoomed rumors, until I found out they were totally fake. :)
I love how you just solved the problem! Flawless logic! Bravo!

Here's the Neogaf rumors

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=477686&page=76

If EA is going to treat Nintendo bad I'm not shocked Peter Moore had something to do with it, he was the CEO of Sega and Microsoft and he gave little support for sports games for Wii, sometimes I feel third party's hate Nintendo fans and are money, I just want the Wii U to get as much good third party support as the PS4 and 720 will get, I hope the rumor is fake though but if it is real the postive part about it is the Wii U was able to handle a big third party game that is also coming to the PS4 and 720.

I also remember that rumor of the "Wii Entertainment System" that was shown at Neogaf, turned out it was fake obviously.

#14 009soulmaster

009soulmaster

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:29 PM

Here's the Neogaf rumors

http://www.neogaf.co...=477686&page=76

If EA is going to treat Nintendo bad I'm not shocked Peter Moore had something to do with it, he was the CEO of Sega and Microsoft and he gave little support for sports games for Wii, sometimes I feel third party's hate Nintendo fans and are money, I just want the Wii U to get as much good third party support as the PS4 and 720 will get, I hope the rumor is fake though but if it is real the postive part about it is the Wii U was able to handle a big third party game that is also coming to the PS4 and 720.

I also remember that rumor of the "Wii Entertainment System" that was shown at Neogaf, turned out it was fake obviously.

Like anyone cares what EA says. I heard even Valve(the people that made Half-Life and Portal) are supporting the Wii U. so yeah Wii it.

Posted Image

#15 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:56 PM

Am I the only one who loved my Wii? I thought there were a lot of great games for it, I have over 50, and I plan on getting 2 more (that have yet to be released, I will probably buy more than that), Kirby 20th Anniversary Blah Blah Blah (Whatever they decide to call it), and Last Story.

And for the record I think that this is bad news, even though I am not an EA fan, and want as many 3rd parties on the Wii U as possible. I just don't get the Wii hate.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#16 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:11 PM

I fear that your gonna get a roundhouse kick in the face.

#17 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:13 PM

im still betting the wii u to be (if not nearly) next to the rest of the future consoles in power, and the engines available are well valid for the next 5 years, and even then, new engines will be scaled and the end of the world wont happen
the only thing i might fear a little is microsoft bullying companies into going exclusive, i guess you could say the same with sony too,
you could also add in the neglectable factor of the gamepad development, but im pretty sure its optional in some cases
:laugh:

#18 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:31 PM

two days ago, EA announced that wii U is the best platform to experiment... And they decided to use wii U as a base platform, so they can bring nice games to the smartglass as well. ... Either ways, I believe its because of nintendo, not because of the console.

Nintendo have a small bad history cooping with 3rd parties.. Usually nintendo asks more than the 3rd party can offer... (many demands)

Here is the link... http://mynintendonew...-to-smartglass/

ps: they say:
EA Says We Will Test Our Franchises On Wii U And Bring Them To SmartGlass

I hope they dont mean only in their labs!!!! LMAO..

Edited by Orion, 23 June 2012 - 11:36 PM.

#19 DigitalGreenTea

DigitalGreenTea

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Fandom:
    Star Fox

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:38 PM

So, if the leaked specs of the Xbox 720 are true, then Wii U will get a good amount of third party support. The 720 would not be more powerful than the Wii U, sure a bit more, but it's really not much of a difference. All mulitplats will look the same for every platform now.

Posted Image

DGT - The Nintendo Enthusiast

#20 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:52 PM

hopefully 720 will not use directx 12 that comes out next year!.. (But I believe it will, because it belongs to microsoft).. and thats alot of visual features. I think wii U supports directx 11.1 (they tweaked it, meaning the hardware got all the visual features), it is also confirmed that xbox 720 will have a screen pad to.. But here is the catch with microsoft, from 2014, they will use the cloud service, meaning that the game will run from microsoft servers and ur xbox will be a decoder to ur screen... I dont like that. Because basically we will not own our own games, everything will become to it, virtual... bubbles... You will own something in someone else pocket. So I never trust my belongings to someone else pocket... I want to have them and use them anytime (this is the catch with it)

Imagine that this kind of machines, will get ur money and u get nothing.. At the end, when the machine expires, U will have only the decoder in ur house, nothing to play with it!!! lol And it will cost u alot of money. So basically this is cheating, theft marketing methods. There is also many other scenarios that are bad with this kind of services.. for example internet is based in internet providers, satellites, alliances, etc.. it is so fragile and bubbles!! Not to be trusted... So basically u will not own anything, just few hours of fun and thats it.. (imagine if u live in Iran, Iraq, Egypt, and any other feature enemy country "of the system", all the users will not be able to access their machines.. waste of money - bubbles) and there is also no ideal fast technologies in many countries to support that. (Internet is not free either)

Edited by Orion, 24 June 2012 - 12:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!