#21 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:31 AM

EA have always spoken positive about the Wii U. Therefore, this rumor is bull.
No sig.

#22 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:58 AM

EA have always spoken positive about the Wii U. Therefore, this rumor is bull.

That's right. From what I can recall from my memory EA has always praised the Wii U and it doesn't add up hearing them say otherwise now just when the system is close to releasing.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#23 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:17 AM

I think there is no problem. Wii U will get good third-party support.

1. The pro controller. Too lazy to make a good use of the gamepad? No problem.
2. The power. XBOX 720 is rumored to be not too far away in power so mulitplatform games will be made on the wii u and ported to the others. Since then they don't have to downscale.
3. Finally a good online.

28gxdv8.png

#24 eugoreez

eugoreez

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:21 AM

I think there is no problem. Wii U will get good third-party support.

1. The pro controller. Too lazy to make a good use of the gamepad? No problem.
2. The power. XBOX 720 is rumored to be not too far away in power so mulitplatform games will be made on the wii u and ported to the others. Since then they don't have to downscale.
3. Finally a good online.

actually.. if developers is really lazy to put some creativity on the screen.. just turn it off or something.. the game pad itself have enough buttons... so it is a plus for multi plat games i guess...
urhhh.. potatoes?

#25 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:23 AM

actually.. if developers is really lazy to put some creativity on the screen.. just turn it off or something.. the game pad itself have enough buttons... so it is a plus for multi plat games i guess...

That will work also

28gxdv8.png

#26 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:40 AM

From how much third party support the Wii U is getting at launch, I think it's safe to say that Nintendo is going to be alright. For now.....

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#27 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:11 AM

why on earth would you blame nintendo? just listen to this, this is fact: no console launch in history has had the amount of third party support that this console has had, what on earth is the problem? things are going great
Posted Image

#28 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:19 AM

That defeats half the purpose of the Pro controller. If a company doesn't want to use any features of the GamePad, then just use the Pro.

Posted Image

#29 eugoreez

eugoreez

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:32 AM

That defeats half the purpose of the Pro controller. If a company doesn't want to use any features of the GamePad, then just use the Pro.

yea kinda.. in my point of view, the pro controller is for the ppl mother whine about the "uncomfortibility" of the wii u game pad, if there is any..

it is an option to the consumer rather than the developer.. the lazy developer could just say "you can use the pro controller or the gamepad, it'll still be the same experience"

Edited by eugoreez, 24 June 2012 - 05:32 AM.

urhhh.. potatoes?

#30 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:46 AM

Nintendo consoles will never have good third party support.
Their own games are too good.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#31 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:11 AM

Just calm down and think as to why the N64/GCN/Wii didn't get amazing third party support. (SNES and NES don't count, as each of those had amazing third party support)

The N64 used cartridges instead of discs, therefore being more expensive and have lower available space on each cartridge as opposed to a disc.
The GameCube used proprietary discs. (Although I admittedly don't see how this is a problem, I'm sure somebody'll fill me in on that soonish.)
The Wii didn't have enough power to run a great deal of 3rd party games.

Then you have the Wii U. Which appears to be using a known disc format, has more than enough power to run 3rd party games, which really amounts to this.

If the third party developers choose not to so much as port their games to the Wii U, it is nowhere near Nintendo's fault this time around. Plus, don't we already have quite a few known developers saying the Wii U is quite a good system? I know Vigil and Epic games have said nothing but good things about it, same goes for Gearbox, EA, Valve and even Ubisoft.

Quit worrying about it, and just use past facts to control your thoughts, m'kay?

Edited by GameCollector, 24 June 2012 - 06:13 AM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#32 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:12 AM

Nintendo consoles will never have good third party support.
Their own games are too good.

Now third-party exclusives for a Nintendo console would be very tricky. :P

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#33 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:29 AM

Here's the Neogaf rumors

http://www.neogaf.co...=477686&page=76

If EA is going to treat Nintendo bad I'm not shocked Peter Moore had something to do with it, he was the CEO of Sega and Microsoft and he gave little support for sports games for Wii, sometimes I feel third party's hate Nintendo fans and are money, I just want the Wii U to get as much good third party support as the PS4 and 720 will get, I hope the rumor is fake though but if it is real the postive part about it is the Wii U was able to handle a big third party game that is also coming to the PS4 and 720.

I also remember that rumor of the "Wii Entertainment System" that was shown at Neogaf, turned out it was fake obviously.

Between trusting that so-called "insiders website" and what EA's CEO said, I prefer trusting EA's CEO. This is a true fan's behavior, and that's a good thing. I don't think Nintendo will disappoint you.
Posted Image

#34 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:43 AM

hopefully 720 will not use directx 12 that comes out next year!.. (But I believe it will, because it belongs to microsoft).. and thats alot of visual features. I think wii U supports directx 11.1 (they tweaked it, meaning the hardware got all the visual features), it is also confirmed that xbox 720 will have a screen pad to.. But here is the catch with microsoft, from 2014, they will use the cloud service, meaning that the game will run from microsoft servers and ur xbox will be a decoder to ur screen... I dont like that. Because basically we will not own our own games, everything will become to it, virtual... bubbles... You will own something in someone else pocket. So I never trust my belongings to someone else pocket... I want to have them and use them anytime (this is the catch with it)

Imagine that this kind of machines, will get ur money and u get nothing.. At the end, when the machine expires, U will have only the decoder in ur house, nothing to play with it!!! lol And it will cost u alot of money. So basically this is cheating, theft marketing methods. There is also many other scenarios that are bad with this kind of services.. for example internet is based in internet providers, satellites, alliances, etc.. it is so fragile and bubbles!! Not to be trusted... So basically u will not own anything, just few hours of fun and thats it.. (imagine if u live in Iran, Iraq, Egypt, and any other feature enemy country "of the system", all the users will not be able to access their machines.. waste of money - bubbles) and there is also no ideal fast technologies in many countries to support that. (Internet is not free either)

The Xbox 720 won't use DirectX 12, since it's coming out next year it would be way to expesive to use.

Between trusting that so-called "insiders website" and what EA's CEO said, I prefer trusting EA's CEO. This is a true fan's behavior, and that's a good thing. I don't think Nintendo will disappoint you.

I am worried about the fact that Peter Moore is the CEO of EA, he didn't have faith in the Wii (which he should he was wrong) and he used to be a CEO of Sega when they made consoles and he was the CEO of Microsoft so he could still be a Microsoft kind of guy, if this rumor was true than I don't like how they have faith in the PS4 and 720 before it's even announced.

Nintendo said it wants amazing third party support for the Wii U so lets see if they will do anything in they're power to make that happen.

#35 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:48 AM

It's not something to fear it's just something you have to accept with Nintendo systems.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#36 JTurner

JTurner

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Fandom:
    Too many to name.

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

Trustworthy source or not, the only thing we CAN do is wait and see if there is indeed any confirmation on EA's recent "announcement". I doubt that's going to have much of an effect, though; they've already quite a bit of good 3rd party titles on WiiU. If anything, I'm hopnig the Japanese third party support will be ecstatic from the start.

#37 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

lol I just read it.
ShockingAlberto is a p. cool guy.

Really, who didn't see this coming?
Next thing EA will use Mass Effect 3 as a base for how well their games can do on the Wii U.
Using a sub-par, or very late game to gauge success on Nintendo consoles is the stable.
So if you were expecting a different approach, you'd have to see Nintendo go bankrupt buying off third parties.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#38 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:34 AM

I strongly believe the Wii U WILL have third party support. I honestly don't give a crap about rumors... especially these so-called "insiders" at NeoGaf that leak BS about EA not supporting Nintendo's new console. EA WILL have games ported to the Wii U and have exclusive features on the Wii U Game Pad... and that include games like Madden NFL 13 and NBA Live 13 (I prefer 2K Sports' NBA 2K 13 even more!). No matter what the odds the third party publishers and developers they're facing now, the Wii U will deliver titles from third party publishers in stores and digital download. You can take THAT to the bank.

Get N or Get Out!

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#39 Mitchjg216

Mitchjg216

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

Can someone explain to me exactly what Neogaf is and why everything someone says is a rumor? I'm just not familiar.

#40 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:15 PM

2k is skeptical...Not good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!