• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:23 AM

Do you guys think it can play a game like Star Wars 1313? I don't really want to play it, but I would like to know if it can handle top level graphics like that.

#22 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:29 AM

Do you guys think it can play a game like Star Wars 1313? I don't really want to play it, but I would like to know if it can handle top level graphics like that.

There is no conformation, but IMO yes it should be able to as it's running on Unreal Engine 3

#23 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:30 AM

So many misconceptions in the last few posts...
Starwars 1313 looks like dirt.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#24 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:31 AM

Not completely true, Star Wars 1313 does have more advanced particle and smoke effects, along with decent lighting, and slightly more involved poly-models, which looks like they've been taken from the Unreal 3.5 update. Textures seem pretty current gen, not sure if I see the use of tessellation at all :/

Seems something that Wii U should be able to do relatively easily

Edited by Penguin101, 09 July 2012 - 04:33 AM.

#25 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:35 AM

i would think that it will be able to produce that in time

#26 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:45 AM

That's kool

And I just want to know if it can play games that are top tier on PC right now.

#27 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

starwars 1313 is based in samaritan engine (unreal engine 3.9), same level of effects and IQ.. but if xbox and ps3 can do (Downgraded version of the actual pc version).. wii U can do that also. The point is, in what level.. like xbox? I think not it will be better, but lets wait... I stopped talking about wii U after E3, I preffer to wait..

Edited by Orion, 09 July 2012 - 11:09 AM.

#28 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

^yup, watch as the site shuts down as we wait for real news next month or so
and i think we just got socialmuscle a nickname, at least he's staying positive

Edited by uh20, 09 July 2012 - 05:57 PM.

:laugh:

#29 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:10 PM

I'm not worrying. I'm just so curious :P

#30 silverismoney

silverismoney

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:17 AM

its a 8 rop gpu ,i was expecting a 12 to 16 rop gpu, even so it stll a good leap over x360s gpu and light years ahead of ps3s with EDRAM in a closed system it would be a great gpu it also supports multi screen out put at high level so again maybe its the wiiu gpu or darn close to it with this system on package being gddr5 as standard maybe wiiu uses gddr5 or both gddr 3 and gddr5

I hope NIntendo have upgraded the gpu but just remember the words 'based on' which doesn't mean the same as. If the final product is radically different to the dev kit then what was the point of the dev kit? Normally they are pretty close. Lets not forget the 32 megabytes of fast video memory too which was in the dev kit. This could be upgraded to 64meg or even 128meg but PCs will have a lot more memory than this dedicated to the gpu.

I really hope Nintendo push the envelope a bit. That would be brilliant but lets not set our hopes too high. It will still be a fantastic console worth having if its only a little bit more powerful than ps3 and 360 because of the fantastic Nintendo games.

YOU SEEM VERY CONFUSED WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE 32MB IS EDRAM IT UTTERLY DESIMATES NORMAL RAM AT SPEED AND BANDWIDTH AND ITS DEDICATED TO BUFFER/CATCH DUTYS NOT MAIN GRAPHICS RAM

WIIU WOULD HAVE 32MB EDRAM AND THEN THE RAM WITCH WOULD UTTERLY DESTORY THIS GPU IN A PC

EXAMPLE PC GPU AND GDDR5 RAM WIIU GPU WITH 32MB EDRAM AND THEN THE GDDR5 RAM GET IT

Edited by silverismoney, 10 July 2012 - 01:18 AM.

#31 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:29 AM

its a 8 rop gpu ,i was expecting a 12 to 16 rop gpu, even so it stll a good leap over x360s gpu and light years ahead of ps3s with EDRAM in a closed system it would be a great gpu it also supports multi screen out put at high level so again maybe its the wiiu gpu or darn close to it with this system on package being gddr5 as standard maybe wiiu uses gddr5 or both gddr 3 and gddr5

This is what makes the AMD radeon 6770 scream wii u. The multi screen output, is utilized by eyefinity. It's embedded like the 6760, yet more powerful with 1.3 Tflops. It cannot be a 6760 though because of the supposed performance boost. Which shows a visible drop from 4850 to 6760. Also it's manufactured at 40nm which matches the size reported, the r700 series(4xxx) is 55nm. Also it's max power draw is lower, and it's supports dx11. It uses gddr5, which combined with edram makes it a monster and completely destroys current gen.

Posted Image

#32 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:37 AM

This is what makes the AMD radeon 6770 scream wii u. The multi screen output, is utilized by eyefinity. It's embedded like the 6760, yet more powerful with 1.3 Tflops. It cannot be a 6760 though because of the supposed performance boost. Which shows a visible drop from 4850 to 6760. Also it's manufactured at 40nm which matches the size reported, the r700 series(4xxx) is 55nm. Also it's max power draw is lower, and it's supports dx11. It uses gddr5, which combined with edram makes it a monster and completely destroys current gen.

I'd say it'll be optimised at around 960GFLOPS and 1.3TFLOPS at best, which is awesome, and the 32MB eDRAM will be split along with other graphical resources to the U-Pad. I'd say pushing its limits to around 480 - 650 GLFOPs a screen and 16MB eDRAM a screen. Or if it's something like inventory being displayed on the screen, the GPU can be pushed a lot further. In fact Nintendo hit back today about Microsoft's comment saying that the U-Pad pro can be used if the main U-Pad isn't deemed right for the game by developers. I also presume if the Wii U needs that extra graphical boost too.

Meaning that some 8th gen games on the Wii U may be U-Pad Pro ONLY

Edited by Penguin101, 10 July 2012 - 03:38 AM.

#33 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:51 AM

I'd say it'll be optimised at around 960GFLOPS and 1.3TFLOPS at best, which is awesome, and the 32MB eDRAM will be split along with other graphical resources to the U-Pad. I'd say pushing its limits to around 480 - 650 GLFOPs a screen and 16MB eDRAM a screen. Or if it's something like inventory being displayed on the screen, the GPU can be pushed a lot further. In fact Nintendo hit back today about Microsoft's comment saying that the U-Pad pro can be used if the main U-Pad isn't deemed right for the game by developers. I also presume if the Wii U needs that extra graphical boost too.

I could of swore that somebody mentioned a gpu in the gamepad but can't remember where I saw it. I'm sure that a couple months after wii u is released, or maybe around next Christmas, something magical is going to happen, maybe via OS and software optimization, that opens more power to developers,like in the 3ds' case. Also no way does it need that much resources, it's only a 480p screen and the wii was able to push some mean big screen graphics with like 11 gflops and little to no edram. Though I'm wondering if all screens draw from one pool or if it's split, providing gamepad has no gcard.

Posted Image

#34 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:16 AM

I could of swore that somebody mentioned a gpu in the gamepad but can't remember where I saw it. I'm sure that a couple months after wii u is released, or maybe around next Christmas, something magical is going to happen, maybe via OS and software optimization, that opens more power to developers,like in the 3ds' case. Also no way does it need that much resources, it's only a 480p screen and the wii was able to push some mean big screen graphics with like 11 gflops and little to no edram. Though I'm wondering if all screens draw from one pool or if it's split, providing gamepad has no gcard.

Unfortunately there are no chips on the gamepad to save on manufacturing costs, and costs of gamepads sold separately to the consumer. It's all done by the Wii U console. There was a rumour that there was a separate CPU similar to the Broadway or Geko that would control the OS ONLY and make sure it worked on the gamepads, but there has been no confirmation of a second CPU. :(

Edited by Penguin101, 10 July 2012 - 04:16 AM.

#35 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:16 AM

Unfortunately there are no chips on the gamepad to save on manufacturing costs, and costs of gamepads sold separately to the consumer. It's all done by the Wii U console. There was a rumour that there was a separate CPU similar to the Broadway or Geko that would control the OS ONLY and make sure it worked on the gamepads, but there has been no confirmation of a second CPU. :(

Your referring to the rumor about the separate arm CPU with the sole purpose of controlling OS. Yeah I know there was no second CPU but I could have swore someone said something about a gpu.. Ohh well going crazy with all these rumors. The rumored broadway is a customized core for the CPU for backwards compatibility, though it wont be need if wii u can emulate wii.

Posted Image

#36 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:36 AM

Your referring to the rumor about the separate arm CPU with the sole purpose of controlling OS. Yeah I know there was no second CPU but I could have swore someone said something about a gpu.. Ohh well going crazy with all these rumors. The rumored broadway is a customized core for the CPU for backwards compatibility, though it wont be need if wii u can emulate wii.

I'm just going crazy that Nintendo doesn't just nip it in the bud and let us know the specs, we're still probably going to buy one, just denying the specs makes it look like Nintendo are being devious and might be selling us technology that isn't good value for money. AND it allows bad publicity to run riot without a confirmation on the specifications :(

Edited by Penguin101, 10 July 2012 - 04:37 AM.

#37 eugoreez

eugoreez

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:24 AM

I'm just going crazy that Nintendo doesn't just nip it in the bud and let us know the specs, we're still probably going to buy one, just denying the specs makes it look like Nintendo are being devious and might be selling us technology that isn't good value for money. AND it allows bad publicity to run riot without a confirmation on the specifications :(

in current age, its the content that determine the value... hardware to me, is just related to the cost... hell, if nintendo puts out vast superb content on the wii u and price it at $400 or above.. ill still buy it..
urhhh.. potatoes?

#38 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:34 AM

in current age, its the content that determine the value... hardware to me, is just related to the cost... hell, if nintendo puts out vast superb content on the wii u and price it at $400 or above.. ill still buy it..

I'm still burnt by my Wii experience and a poor E3 2011 and 2012 not to buy a Wii U straight off unless I know it's future proof for third parties. In this financial climate I can probably only choose to buy one console, I need to know if it's likely that Nintendo can provide a decent enough spec to get ports of 3rd party 8th gen titles as well as high class 1st and 2nd party titles. Cause the only 1st party title(s) that I'm really interested in is Zelda (and possibly Metroid). Not sure if it'd shell out money for a console to play one or two games. Even if the Zelda franchise is one of the best games franchises of all time.

#39 Andres

Andres

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Final Fantasy, Naruto, Pokemon

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:02 AM

I'm still burnt by my Wii experience and a poor E3 2011 and 2012 not to buy a Wii U straight off unless I know it's future proof for third parties. In this financial climate I can probably only choose to buy one console, I need to know if it's likely that Nintendo can provide a decent enough spec to get ports of 3rd party 8th gen titles as well as high class 1st and 2nd party titles. Cause the only 1st party title(s) that I'm really interested in is Zelda (and possibly Metroid). Not sure if it'd shell out money for a console to play one or two games. Even if the Zelda franchise is one of the best games franchises of all time.

Same here, I was Burnt by the Wii and I am not sure if the WiiU will go the same road like the Wii did. If the WiiU can't handle Unreal Engine 4 or Luminous Engine... then its official the System is not that powerful. I am still waiting to see how much will it cost and hopefully a Offical Spec List. I just don't want to be burnt again =/
Posted Image

#40 eugoreez

eugoreez

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

yeah.. can't argue with that..

but.. possibility is endless... I've posted a few weeks back, an article regarding current condition of gaming industry... it's bad, though we as a consumer don't see it... high end graphics game, just costs too much, for now.. it is not good for small developers... I bet there will be one period or generation, the graphics won't progress as much, or it'll come to a stall... maybe that period is now... the next box and ps wont feature a graphical leap, but experience.. and I believe the wii u is competing for that..

as an addon, there is a thread in neoGAF, discussing a leaked patent for xbox 8... it'll a feature literally 2 processor (well judging from the diagram, but may also meant 2 part in a processor doing 2 separate functions, I don't know) which are used for media consumption on one side and gaming from one side.. the thread also quotes and insider statements saying the next box may not feature that much better cpu and gpu for gaming, since the game will cater to whatever available to them ( I agree)... the next box will instead focus on added experience, like the kinect, AR, smartglass, bla3...

so yeah... I believe, it'll be a battle of experience next gen... gaming capabilities, graphics wise, may not be effected that much.. all 3 consoles will be able to compete in gaming nicely...
urhhh.. potatoes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!