#41 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

yeah.. can't argue with that..

but.. possibility is endless... I've posted a few weeks back, an article regarding current condition of gaming industry... it's bad, though we as a consumer don't see it... high end graphics game, just costs too much, for now.. it is not good for small developers... I bet there will be one period or generation, the graphics won't progress as much, or it'll come to a stall... maybe that period is now... the next box and ps wont feature a graphical leap, but experience.. and I believe the wii u is competing for that..

as an addon, there is a thread in neoGAF, discussing a leaked patent for xbox 8... it'll a feature literally 2 processor (well judging from the diagram, but may also meant 2 part in a processor doing 2 separate functions, I don't know) which are used for media consumption on one side and gaming from one side.. the thread also quotes and insider statements saying the next box may not feature that much better cpu and gpu for gaming, since the game will cater to whatever available to them ( I agree)... the next box will instead focus on added experience, like the kinect, AR, smartglass, bla3...

so yeah... I believe, it'll be a battle of experience next gen... gaming capabilities, graphics wise, may not be effected that much.. all 3 consoles will be able to compete in gaming nicely...

Totally agree,. The XBox 8 will have around 20% more CPU power (if you take into account that 4 cores will be used for Kinect 2 AR glasses etc and the lower clock rate) and will concentrate more on the game experience and what the CPU can do for games. While I do believe that the GPU will be more powerful, I'm only thinking that it will be powerful enough to do what the Wii U can do, but at a higher resolution and frame-rate, along with anti aliasing for Unreal 4 games, oh and maybe a slightly higher polygon count, but it wont be that noticeable

Edited by Penguin101, 10 July 2012 - 09:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!