#1 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hello fellow people of the Wii U! I'd like to discuss the 8th generation consoles and the rumored and/or confirmed power. I decided to post it in Wii U Hardware since that's part of what we will be discussing.

Let's start with the Wii U:

Rumors have gone all over the place with the Wii U. Some people say it's weak, some stay it's strong, while others say it's on par with the 7th generation. So far, the only people who say that the Wii U is weak are either anonymous or an angry person who got laid off from THQ and decided to rage on a system he never worked on. The developers who have praised it have openly said it from their companies. Those include, but are not limited to are Crytek, Vigil Games, 5th Cell and Gearbox Software.

The Wii U would struggle to run 2 Gamepads + displaying on the TV at once. It doesn't make sense to say that the Wii U is on par with the 7th gen.

All in all, I think the Wii U will hold it's own in the 8th generation.

The PS4:

Not too much is known about the PS4. All I CAN say about it, is that Sony has stated that they are waiting for a big enough jump over the PS3 before they release the PS4. That right there basically confirms it will be the most powerful console, again. Now before you say "That's not true", think about it. By the time they make that jump, it will probably be 2013 tech over the Wii Us 2010-2011 tech. Now the difference in power is up to Sony, but it will be more powerful.

Now, the Xbox '720/8':

Now, while we don't know a WHOLE lot of information the '720', what we do know comes from that legitimate document leaked a little over a month ago showing Microsoft's plan. They plan to launch the Xbox 720 + Kinect 2.0 at a $299 price point target for holiday 2013. It will most likely use 2011-2012 tech, but with a twist. The original Kinect costs $150 by itself, meaning it's an expensive piece of hardware. If MSFT plans on making a next generation Kinect and packaging it with the Nextbox at $299, imagine how much power they would sacrifice with it? I'm not saying it will be weak, but not as strong as some people would think. The Wii U GamePad will likely cost in between $99-$125, but the Wii U will be shipping without the ability to play movies, no HDD and no ethernet. Think about this, since the Wii Us price point is estimated between $299-$399, it would make more sense if the Wii U was more powerful.

Please feel free to point out flaws in my discussion, but in a friendly manner.

Here's my estimate of power for the 8th generation of consoles: (NOTE: The periods represent the difference in power. Nothing precise)

PS4
Wii U
Xbox '720'
7th Generation
6th Generation

Thank you for reading my article! :)

Edited by DR4G0NB0RN, 20 August 2012 - 04:36 PM.

Posted Image

#2 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

I think the sixth generation should be about 6 more dots down, but other than that this is very reasonable. Although I think it's safe to assume that that leaked document was fake and I don't think the nextbox will be weaker than wii u, but I don't honk it will be that much stronger either. Maybe a 1/5 dot higher.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#3 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

I think the sixth generation should be about 6 more dots down, but other than that this is very reasonable. Although I think it's safe to assume that that leaked document was fake and I don't think the nextbox will be weaker than wii u, but I don't honk it will be that much stronger either. Maybe a 1/5 dot higher.

Microsoft was going to attack any site hosting that document. It was legitimate. And please explain to me how you think the Nextbox will be more powerful. I need some reason why.

Posted Image

#4 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:41 PM

Seems legit to me.

#5 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:41 PM

i agree except for the ps4 portion of this.
it will be more powerul than xbox, and wii u. but it may not depending on what they use in it. if they have something like kinect built in it will probably be weaker than wii u. but if its just a normal console with nothing besides a regular controller than it will be the most powerful or on par with wii u because wii u has 2011-2010 parts which cant be beat un less the ps4 is like 800 bucks lol

also sony said they want to beat xbox to the market, so 2013 here we come! lol

Edited by hardcoreUfan, 20 August 2012 - 04:43 PM.

Signature_Fox.png

#6 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

i agree except for the ps4 portion of this.
it will be more powerul than xbox, and wii u. but it may not depending on what they use in it. if they have something like kinect built in it will probably be weaker than wii u. but if its just a normal console with nothing besides a regular controller than it will be the most powerful or on par with wii u because wii u has 2011-2010 parts which cant be beat un less the ps4 is like 800 bucks lol

also sony said they want to beat xbox to the market, so 2013 here we come! lol

Sony is so contradicting to them selves.

Posted Image

#7 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:47 PM

Sony is so contradicting to them selves.

yah mostly sony, but microsoft and nintendo do it to just not as much lol

Signature_Fox.png

#8 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

I really wonder how long this PS brand is gonna live on.

2lvmghw.png

#9 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

I really wonder how long this PS brand is gonna live on.

I honestly love Playstation, but they aren't the smartest with innovation. Their games are great though. I LOVE Uncharted.

Posted Image

#10 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:00 PM

I honestly love Playstation, but they aren't the smartest with innovation. Their games are great though. I LOVE Uncharted.

i love playstation too. but i cant stand jack tretton. he just annoys the hell out of me cus he never knows what he is talking about. but overall playstation is great,just second to nintendo for me

Signature_Fox.png

#11 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

Hello fellow people of the Wii U! I'd like to discuss the 8th generation consoles and the rumored and/or confirmed power. I decided to post it in Wii U Hardware since that's part of what we will be discussing.

Let's start with the Wii U:

Rumors have gone all over the place with the Wii U. Some people say it's weak, some stay it's strong, while others say it's on par with the 7th generation. So far, the only people who say that the Wii U is weak are either anonymous or an angry person who got laid off from THQ and decided to rage on a system he never worked on. The developers who have praised it have openly said it from their companies. Those include, but are not limited to are Crytek, Vigil Games, 5th Cell and Gearbox Software.

The Wii U would struggle to run 2 Gamepads + displaying on the TV at once. It doesn't make sense to say that the Wii U is on par with the 7th gen.

All in all, I think the Wii U will hold it's own in the 8th generation.

The PS4:

Not too much is known about the PS4. All I CAN say about it, is that Sony has stated that they are waiting for a big enough jump over the PS3 before they release the PS4. That right there basically confirms it will be the most powerful console, again. Now before you say "That's not true", think about it. By the time they make that jump, it will probably be 2013 tech over the Wii Us 2010-2011 tech. Now the difference in power is up to Sony, but it will be more powerful.

Now, the Xbox '720/8':

Now, while we don't know a WHOLE lot of information the '720', what we do know comes from that legitimate document leaked a little over a month ago showing Microsoft's plan. They plan to launch the Xbox 720 + Kinect 2.0 at a $299 price point target for holiday 2013. It will most likely use 2011-2012 tech, but with a twist. The original Kinect costs $150 by itself, meaning it's an expensive piece of hardware. If MSFT plans on making a next generation Kinect and packaging it with the Nextbox at $299, imagine how much power they would sacrifice with it? I'm not saying it will be weak, but not as strong as some people would think. The Wii U GamePad will likely cost in between $99-$125, but the Wii U will be shipping without the ability to play movies, no HDD and no ethernet. Think about this, since the Wii Us price point is estimated between $299-$399, it would make more sense if the Wii U was more powerful.

Please feel free to point out flaws in my discussion, but in a friendly manner.

Here's my estimate of power for the 8th generation of consoles: (NOTE: The periods represent the difference in power. Nothing precise)

PS4
Wii U
Xbox '720'
7th Generation
6th Generation

Thank you for reading my article! :)

The Kinect may have been sold at $150, but it only took roughly $60 to make, then take out 1/4 for the retailers cut, and Microsoft makes $52.50 in Profit, so with the Xbox Next, they would have to manufacture it for under $200 to make profit if they are going to sell it for $299. With a retailers percentage of $75, then $200 manufacturing ($50~70 for Kinect, 150~130 Console Hardware) they would only be making $25 in Profit off of each console. And I don't think they would want to do that. Wii U will be similar, however they know what Hardware will make the console more powerful and retain an easy profit (ie Radeon 4850, Radeon 4870 R770, Radeon 6770, or the elusive 6760...)

Edited by Heyheyharold, 20 August 2012 - 05:08 PM.

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#12 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

The Kinect may have been sold at $150, but it only took roughly $60 to make, then take out 1/4 for the retailers cut, and Microsoft makes $52.50 in Profit, so with the Xbox Next, they would have to manufacture it for under $200 to make profit if they are going to sell it for $299. With a retailers percentage of $75, then $200 manufacturing ($50~70 for Kinect, 150~130 Console Hardware) they would only be making

Microsoft seems to overprice stuff just a little bit.

Posted Image

#13 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

The Kinect may have been sold at $150, but it only took roughly $60 to make, then take out 1/4 for the retailers cut, and Microsoft makes $52.50 in Profit, so with the Xbox Next, they would have to manufacture it for under $200 to make profit if they are going to sell it for $299. With a retailers percentage of $75, then $200 manufacturing ($50~70 for Kinect, 150~130 Console Hardware) they would only be making

interesting. thanks for the info

Signature_Fox.png

#14 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

Sorry for the random cut off guys, Android posting isn't easy

Anyway

Also with PS4, Sony will release it with ALOT of Power, considering their planning to be the latest to inspect both hardware and make it EVEN MORE POWERFUL, only to show that hardware won't matter because their gonna do Gaikai anyway! I mean why would they buy it for $380 Million!!!

Overall, heres what I think in terms of Hardware

PS4
Wii U
Xbox 720
7th Generation
& then another 45 dots til 6th gen
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#15 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:17 PM

Sorry for the random cut off guys, Android posting isn't easy

Anyway

Also with PS4, Sony will release it with ALOT of Power, considering their planning to be the latest to inspect both hardware and make it EVEN MORE POWERFUL, only to show that hardware won't matter because their gonna do Gaikai anyway! I mean why would they buy it for $380 Million!!!

Overall, heres what I think in terms of Hardware

PS4
Wii U
Xbox 720
7th Generation
& then another 45 dots til 6th gen

That seems like a good estimate.

Posted Image

#16 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:19 PM

yah i can agree on that .

Signature_Fox.png

#17 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

i love playstation too. but i cant stand jack tretton. he just annoys the hell out of me cus he never knows what he is talking about. but overall playstation is great,just second to nintendo for me

Ya, Jack Tretton is a giant vegeta. You just can't be like that in the gaming industry, look at Miyamoto he's cool and nice.

I also think the PS4 won't use 2013 tech. More like 2011-2012 tech. The Wii U is releasing in late 2012 and contains 2009-2010 tech, so I expect the PS4 to have the same gap.

#18 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:53 PM

Ya, Jack Tretton is a giant vegeta. You just can't be like that in the gaming industry, look at Miyamoto he's cool and nice.

I also think the PS4 won't use 2013 tech. More like 2011-2012 tech. The Wii U is releasing in late 2012 and contains 2009-2010 tech, so I expect the PS4 to have the same gap.

agreed

Signature_Fox.png

#19 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

yea, it seems the look of sony is whats keeping everyone away from them, they can pull out more power for the price, but always end up failing because they seem to lack the ability to innovate and collect all types of crowds

they probably will be 2nd best even with better hardware for a long time

microsoft is most likely going to add in more online stuff, you heard the preview with winblows8 (housing directx11.slowerthenopengl) about the xbox store, so alongside adding in moderate power gain (perhaps the same as the wiiu) they will try to make the enviroment as simple as possible

nintendo will be the innovators (like always), expect a more casual enviroment, but they seem to be trying to broaden this time around, expect best support and innovation, with a moderate power gain

and just for kicks
lets talk about ooya
indie andriod kit that will have a few fun games, a few games from the past, will be affordable, but will not house the big ones next generation

sooooo
heres my thoughts

PS4
Xbox720 (or durango, or 8, or something)
Wii U
7th Generation
ooya (slightly below xbox360's power)

Edited by uh20, 20 August 2012 - 09:03 PM.

:laugh:

#20 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:41 AM

i cannot forgive nintendo for backing off they should have slaughtered sony , they were one step away from it and seemed to back off as if to say there a Japanese company we cannot do it they had sony by the ball sack they should have cut them off ,i detest sony

i could ram dualshocks down sony zombies throats all day till theres non left,ps2 was the biggest insult to me ever from sony that machine was souless its load times were unforgivable its dualshock was even more WTF than the first one it would break down if you sneezed in the same room it was soooo ugly it looked deformed it had only 2 controller ports unforgivable shall i go on

oh it had n64 graphics and 4 bit colour for the lords sake 4 bit colour WTF and for some insane inept reason sony fanboys thought playing dvd movies was Dzhit what ever

Edited by thehappening, 21 August 2012 - 12:45 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wii u, xbox 720, xbox 8, ps4, playstation 4, dr4g0nb0rn, hardcoreufan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!