• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:31 AM

Could be possible. I don't have any hard info on that one way or another.

I do know the latest sdk release broke compatability with previous sdk's again.

Whoa guy, I have no authority over microsoft. I can't tell them what to do.

All I can do is observe the information I get.

Although regaurding cost, it isn't necessarily the fact that its an 8 core processor that's going to be the biggest cost driver, so much as exactly WHAT the processor is.

And MS isn't in deep doo doo. That's Sony.

lol yah but they will be if their next console is really expensive and onlymslightly more powerful than wii u.

Signature_Fox.png

#42 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:00 AM

lol yah but they will be if their next console is really expensive and onlymslightly more powerful than wii u.

True, but if its only a bit more powerful than wii u, its likely to be only a bit more expensive.

To be honest, I'm getting the general feeling Microsoft isn't exactly making a ganes console per se, but an entertainment center that plays console end games.

Having multiple cores is great. It allows you to process more data in parralell, but... Not all processes can be paralellized, and when you run into that it doesn't matter how many cores or threads you have.

Its called Amdahls law of paralell processing.

I'm thinking microsoft isn't intending to have 8 cores to make a super powerful gaming machine, but a reasonably powered gaming machine with cores to run all manner of media in parallel... Including windows 8.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#43 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:26 AM

True, but if its only a bit more powerful than wii u, its likely to be only a bit more expensive.

To be honest, I'm getting the general feeling Microsoft isn't exactly making a ganes console per se, but an entertainment center that plays console end games.

Having multiple cores is great. It allows you to process more data in parralell, but... Not all processes can be paralellized, and when you run into that it doesn't matter how many cores or threads you have.

I'm thinking microsoft isn't intending to have 8 cores to make a super powerful gaming machine, but a reasonably powered gaming machine with cores to run all manner of media in parallel... Including windows 8.

yah i know what you mean, xbox really isnt a gaming console anymore its a multimedia device

Signature_Fox.png

#44 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:46 AM

It will be an entertainment console that plays games. That leaked document mentioned that.

Posted Image

#45 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:26 AM

It will be an entertainment console that plays games. That leaked document mentioned that.

yah xbox isnt really even a video game console anymore its more like an entertainment hub with gaming squished in lol , thats why microsoft isnt worried about first party support for it.

Signature_Fox.png

#46 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

yah xbox isnt really even a video game console anymore its more like an entertainment hub with gaming squished in lol , thats why microsoft isnt worried about first party support for it.

That's why the Xbox brand is IMO, is the worst set of "gaming" consoles. Although the original isn't too bad.

Posted Image

#47 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:33 PM

That's why the Xbox brand is IMO, is the worst set of "gaming" consoles. Although the original isn't too bad.

yah i agree. its alright though but if you only play games xbox live isnt worth it. the original is great because its a game console mainly lol. also i find it hilarious that xbox is used the most for cod tourneys and crap but its not even focused around games anymore lol.

Signature_Fox.png

#48 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

yah i agree. its alright though but if you only play games xbox live isnt worth it. the original is great because its a game console mainly lol. also i find it hilarious that xbox is used the most for cod tourneys and crap but its not even focused around games anymore lol.

Around 2010 is when Microsoft started pushing towards more of an entertainment console. I don't understand why CoD players still think their precious Xbox is the best console ever.

Posted Image

#49 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

Around 2010 is when Microsoft started pushing towards more of an entertainment console. I don't understand why CoD players still think their precious Xbox is the best console ever.

the wii u will be the best for cod treyarch said it could change things for the better.

Signature_Fox.png

#50 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:15 PM

the wii u will be the best for cod treyarch said it could change things for the better.

It will have more gameplay options than the Xbox 360. That can help expand the crowd for CoD.

Posted Image

#51 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

It will have more gameplay options than the Xbox 360. That can help expand the crowd for CoD.

plus its the next gen developers console

Signature_Fox.png

#52 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:58 AM

plus its the next gen developers console

Most likely. Developers usually choose the easiest console to develop for, for their games. The Xbox 360 is easier to develop for, hence why multi-platform titles run better on the 360.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wii u, xbox 720, xbox 8, ps4, playstation 4, dr4g0nb0rn, hardcoreufan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!