80 replies to this topic

#61 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

LOL

that has nothing to do with the discussion.

No one said the new consoles are as powerful as gaming PC's.

But the CryEngine and Crysis 3 can look just as good as the PC version at 1080P.

Please keep it relevant to the actual subject at hand.

And the quote about how it is possible to build PCs to inifinity and back is why I mentioned what I did earlier.

But again, the Wii U, PS4, etc. will be running these games at a known 1080P.  not 4K, not Retina, etc. so there are less pixels to throw around, but the pixels that are there will be looking very nice.

It has everything to do with it, here are direct quotes for you:

"Crysis 3 running on a powerful PC looks better than next-generation games due to be announced. Indeed, he said it is impossible for consoles to match gaming PCs."

"It's impossible to package $2000-3000 into a mainstream, let's say $500 console. I'm not saying they are $500 consoles. They may launch a console at $2000, but the consumer pricing is usually much lower than that."

So a $500 console can't do what a high end pc can do, and a high end pc can only barely max out crysis 3. So no Crysis 3 cannot look as good as the pc version at 1080p as it isn't able to run it at such levels of fidelity. He may be wrong, but out of you, Cevat and I, I am in inclined to believe him.

#62 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

It has everything to do with it, here are direct quotes for you:

"Crysis 3 running on a powerful PC looks better than next-generation games due to be announced. Indeed, he said it is impossible for consoles to match gaming PCs."

"It's impossible to package $2000-3000 into a mainstream, let's say $500 console. I'm not saying they are $500 consoles. They may launch a console at $2000, but the consumer pricing is usually much lower than that."

So a $500 console can't do what a high end pc can do, and a high end pc can only barely max out crysis 3. So no Crysis 3 cannot look as good as the pc version at 1080p as it isn't able to run it at such levels of fidelity. He may be wrong, but out of you, Cevat and I, I am in inclined to believe him.

One, guy was not talking about the Wii U. There is a quote, about the Wii U, where he said tge Wii U ran the engine beautifully. Secondly, litterally no one here has said the Wii U can play the game at max settings. It hasnt been said.

So please stop saying what everyone is saying and arguing about it.

And worry my cell phone sucks. I cant type on it.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#63 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

One, guy was not talking about the Wii U. There is a quote, about the Wii U, where he said tge Wii U ran the engine beautifully. Secondly, litterally no one here has said the Wii U can play the game at max settings. It hasnt been said.

So please stop saying what everyone is saying and arguing about it.

And worry my cell phone sucks. I cant type on it.

Well you did just claim that I said that it would run it as well as pc at 1080p, something I have not claimed, in fact I have said the opposite several times

But the CryEngine and Crysis 3 can look just as good as the PC version at 1080P.

You tell me to not backtrack but I have not changed what I have been saying, what I have been saying agrees with what the director and owner of the developer has said.

To quote what I have said directly "Sorry, the WiiU will not be able to run what Crysis 3 looks like at 1080p (or higher) at 60fps (or higher), therefore it will no look like it does on pc. If you don't believe me, that is what Cevat has said it is impossible  the CEO of the company who also is the director for the Crysis games."

I have not backtracked, you have only said I have when no such thing has occurred. Accept it and move on as i'm done here, live in whatever fantasy world you so choose to.

Edited by PedanticGamer, 04 March 2013 - 11:45 PM.

#64 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:56 PM

Well you did just claim that I said that it would run it as well as pc at 1080p, something I have not claimed, in fact I have said the opposite several times

You tell me to not backtrack but I have not changed what I have been saying, what I have been saying agrees with what the director and owner of the developer has said.

To quote what I have said directly "Sorry, the WiiU will not be able to run what Crysis 3 looks like at 1080p (or higher) at 60fps (or higher), therefore it will no look like it does on pc. If you don't believe me, that is what Cevat has said it is impossible the CEO of the company who also is the director for the Crysis games."

I have not backtracked, you have only said I have when no such thing has occurred. Accept it and move on as i'm done here, live in whatever fantasy world you so choose to.

Lol

Just say no to drugs, kids.

Just say no!

#65 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:12 AM

To quote what I have said directly "Sorry, the WiiU will not be able to run what Crysis 3 looks like at 1080p (or higher) at 60fps (or higher), therefore it will no look like it does on pc. If you don't believe me, that is what Cevat has said it is impossible the CEO of the company who also is the director for the Crysis games."

I have not backtracked, you have only said I have when no such thing has occurred. Accept it and move on as i'm done here, live in whatever fantasy world you so choose to.

Did you read what I said? No where did I say you said it would run at 1080p perfectly (which, btw, it might be able to, but albet not as well as a maxed out PC). What I did say, however, is everyone here is saying the Wii U can play the engine, and that it will look good, and that most people won't be able to tell the difference.

Socialmuscle, am I wrong? Isn't that the jist of what you are saying?

#66 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

Did you read what I said? No where did I say you said it would run at 1080p perfectly (which, btw, it might be able to, but albet not as well as a maxed out PC). What I did say, however, is everyone here is saying the Wii U can play the engine, and that it will look good, and that most people won't be able to tell the difference.

Socialmuscle, am I wrong? Isn't that the jist of what you are saying?

That sounds about right.

CryEngine 3 running well on Wii U using Pc assets (as opposed to horribly compressed and lessened assets on 360/ps3) at 1080P.

#67 dragomix

dragomix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • NNID:dragomix
  • Fandom:
    PC and Nintendo fan

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

That sounds about right.

CryEngine 3 running well on Wii U using Pc assets (as opposed to horribly compressed and lessened assets on 360/ps3) at 1080P.

I dont think 1080p is achievable on Wii U with PC assets. 720p is, but for Wii U, 1080p is out of reach with high polygon count games like Crysis.

#68 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:42 PM

No you did say it.

So it can look just as good as the pc version at 1080p, but not run it at the same levels as the pc maxed out? It can't be both as they are a contradiction.

#69 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:47 PM

A maxed out PC would be running at higher resolution to begin with.

Enough with the drugs already.

#70 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

A maxed out PC would be running at higher resolution to begin with.

Enough with the drugs already.

Sigh. You can't actually respond to what was just said though can you, as to do so you would have to accept that you contradicted yourself.

#71 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:32 AM

Bacon.....

#72 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

Sigh. You can't actually respond to what was just said though can you, as to do so you would have to accept that you contradicted yourself.

U are the contradiction.

I examined very clearly what was meant a few posts back. No need to repeat.

Your position has been shown to be pointless.

Yet you keep pretending there's life in it, posting more like a child who had to get the last word no matter how irrelevant.

Like the turbo Honda civic that gets destroyed in a race by a supercharged mustang. After the race, the mustang steps on the brakes, slowing to normal speed, but the civic keeps his foot in the throttle, finally passing the mustang , desperately trying to look like he didn't lose, but in reality only accomplishing what is annoyingly known as "the ricer flyby."

You my freind have done the forum equivalent of the ricer flyby.

This thread has passed you by.

#73 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:12 AM

So the original question asked was could NIntendo work with Crytek right?  :huh:

#74 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:07 AM

No you did say it.

So it can look just as good as the pc version at 1080p, but not run it at the same levels as the pc maxed out? It can't be both as they are a contradiction.

Even modest PC settings will look better than consoles because it is using higher res textures, better physics engines, better draw distance, etc.  I don't think anyone is saying the Wii U or the PS4 for that matter will run PC graphics engines just as a high end PC would with max settings.

What is being said is that it will run the PC engine with PC assets and it will look just as good as what you would find on a standard PC.  No one is referring to super de duper maxxed out settings because very few people actually get the hardware necessary to actually max out some of the more demanding games.

That said.  It would completely max out Frostbite2, probably UE3.  I've been able to max out those engines on my PC with relatively mainstream graphics cards and get over 60 frames at 1920x1200.  Hell CryEngine 2 I maxxed out as well.  So downrezzing to 1080p would allow some extra detail.

#75 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:17 AM

No you did say it.

Where did i say wii u can run the engine at max pc settings? quote it.

#76 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:23 AM

Didn't Nintendo say that they were reaching out to third party companies for exclusives? Maybe they can work something out and make the online FPS that Nintendo is lacking.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#77 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

Didn't Nintendo say that they were reaching out to third party companies for exclusives? Maybe they can work something out and make the online FPS that Nintendo is lacking.

Crytek is going ftp only withing five years so I don't see that happening.

#78 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

Crytek is going ftp only withing five years so I don't see that happening.

What do you mean FTP?

#79 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

What do you mean FTP?

He means free to play, but they never said they definitely were going there with all of their IP's.  They have a CryEngine based game that is a FTP MMOFPS that is doing well in Russia.  They plan on bringing that game here.

#80 dragomix

dragomix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • NNID:dragomix
  • Fandom:
    PC and Nintendo fan

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

He means free to play, but they never said they definitely were going there with all of their IP's.  They have a CryEngine based game that is a FTP MMOFPS that is doing well in Russia.  They plan on bringing that game here.

China, not Russia.

And games name is Warface. I got invite for Beta today, game is good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!