#1 00stevo

00stevo

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Fandom:
    Resi,Halo,Metroid,Mario

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

After doing lots of reading about wii u,including rumours and people seemingly having access to Nintendo,IBM,and AMD's plans,i have to ask this question.....

Why do you all seem to think you know whats inside the console?

Person A: Its a Power 7 super duper IBM powerhouse CPU.

Person B: No,its a tri core cpu worse or equal to the 360 cpu.

How do you guys know this/that?

Do you not sometimes take a step back,and realise your just following rumours,you should say this to yourselves: "you know what,im just going along with what im reading"

Its a joke tbh.

But i have no doubt of the potential of this new console. Apparently it has '1GB or RAM available to games' But people suddenly think the Wii u only has 1GB RAM. Think about it,the PS3 only has 256mb of VRAM,the Wii U has a whole GB,this is awesome make no mistake.

But still,even im speculating,because we dont know if it has 1GB Vram,or if it has 1gb ram split between System and GFX.

Either way,its at least double the amount of 360 or PS3 so rest assured the Wii U WILL be much better than the current gen.

Tbh i cant wait for Wii U it looks awesome,im currently talking it up amongst my friends family,i cant wait to show them Zombi U and Aliens:CM. Cheers.

Edited by 00stevo, 08 September 2012 - 05:40 PM.

#2 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:53 PM

POPULAR

I just hope it makes toast.

#3 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

It WILL be Better for Sure.

The one thing I have to disagree with though is the RAM, PS3 has 512 MB of RAM but 256 MB is devoted to the GPU while the other is for the CPU, Games, etc

The Wii U I think will have at LEAST 2 GB of RAM though with recent reports I'd say it maybe even 4 GB!
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#4 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

It will be POWERFUL trust me. nintendo knows whats going on. but offical specs arent needed anyway. it will be just as powerful as the next xbox going by multiple rumors .

Signature_Fox.png

#5 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

I think you guys are right. I also think a lot of people are going to be surprised at whats under the hood officially. Right now a lot of speculation is based around the release day games and games already announced...most of which are NOT built from the ground up to utilize the new architecture. Give it time my padawans.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#6 coolsarahkry

coolsarahkry

Blooper

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Avatar:TLA, Glee

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

Don't worry, I'm not.
Posted Imageby cerberuz

#7 00stevo

00stevo

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Fandom:
    Resi,Halo,Metroid,Mario

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

The one thing I have to disagree with though is the RAM, PS3 has 512 MB of RAM but 256 MB is devoted to the GPU while the other is for the CPU, Games, etc

What are you disagreeing with? Like you say the PS3 has 512mb.....256 is locked either side. 360 also has 512mb,which can be shared between system and GPU. Both consoles are producing fantastic visuals,with an average of 256mb for the GPU to work with.
Imagine 1024mb to work with,its literally quad-druple the current gen. I cant wait to see Darksiders 2 as it was intended.

Edit: @Heyheyharold.................i spotted my mistake about the PS3 RAM,......typo lol ;)

Edited by 00stevo, 08 September 2012 - 05:42 PM.

#8 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

After doing lots of reading about wii u,including rumours and people seemingly having access to Nintendo,IBM,and AMD's plans,i have to ask this question.....

Why do you all seem to think you know whats inside the console?

Person A: Its a Power 7 super duper IBM powerhouse CPU.

Person B: No,its a tri core cpu worse or equal to the 360 cpu.

How do you guys know this/that?

Do you not sometimes take a step back,and realise your just following rumours,you should say this to yourselves: "you know what,im just going along with what im reading"

Its a joke tbh.

But i have no doubt of the potential of this new console. Apparently it has '1GB or RAM available to games' But people suddenly think the Wii u only has 1GB RAM. Think about it,the PS3 only has 256mb of VRAM,the Wii U has a whole GB,this is awesome make no mistake.

But still,even im speculating,because we dont know if it has 1GB Vram,or if it has 1gb ram split between System and GFX.

Either way,its at least double the amount of 360 or PS3 so rest assured the Wii U WILL be much better than the current gen.

Tbh i cant wait for Wii U it looks awesome,im currently talking it up amongst my friends family,i cant wait to show them Zombi U and Aliens:CM. Cheers.

i fail to see how a powerpc 400 series is equal to or lower than a cpu that has 3 cores each weaker than a ATOM core..... thats a fact by the way xenon is a freaking joke of a cpu it has 1 execution unit like its the 70s or something atom at least has 2

x360s cpu also has a small catch for 3 cores and its rumored to run at half the clock speed of the core like VERY OLD FASHIONED CPUS so its 3.2ghz cores and 1.6ghz catch like some old 6800 series from long long ago LOL then take the following into account its running OS AND IO and all the SOUND AND AUDIO

same apply s the CELL CPU its not ps3s cpu THATS FLAT OUT LYING its the cpu the sound processor the OS the IO and its 50% of the ps3s GPU comparing different systems like for like its dumb

CELL IS A SINGLE INLINE CPU WITH ONE EXECUTION UNIT PLUS THOSE DUMB SPE's and xenon is a 3xcore one execution unit inline core system theres no DSP theres no co cpu and theres no compute shader true gpgpu programming ability

stop this mindless xenon was powerfdul fan worship the cpu was aover heating clock trashing out dated pile of total krrap

a powerpc tri core at only 1.6ghz is clearly way above xenon then ad the DSP and the ARM its clear as a sunny day that its a vastly superior cpu set up,the level of fanboy i see everyday in forums makes me giggle theres even people on neogaf saying no sound processor is better than having a sound processor THATS BEYOND BLIND FANBOYING

nintendo builds consoles not pc's not servers CONSOLES so pc aliking a cpu is so stupid and out of touch its insane the powerpc in wiiu is nintendos own special version based on a continued evolution of gekko NOW THATS A FACT IL GLADLY TAKE ANY WAGER LON THIS FACT PUT YOUR MONEY WERE YOUR FAKE AZZ POWER 7 MOUTH IS AT

its a powerpc 400 BROADWAY-FIED 3 x core and a custom catch of IBM EDRAM = 3MB lets all stop the pretending its anything else wiiboy101 told you people this like 24 months ago he was right he always was....

ps3 has a single inline cpu core wii u has 3 out of order cpu cores ps3 has a 512k catch wiiu has a 3mb catch this is not rocket science guys

#9 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

It will be POWERFUL trust me. nintendo knows whats going on. but offical specs arent needed anyway. it will be just as powerful as the next xbox GOING BY MULTIPLE RUMOURS.

Oh, the irony. Atleast he admits he is going by rumours though.

#10 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

What are you disagreeing with? Like you say the PS3 has 512mb.....256 is locked either side. 360 also has 512mb,which can be shared between system and GPU. Both consoles are producing fantastic visuals,with an average of 256mb for the GPU to work with.
Imagine 1024mb to work with,its literally quad-druple the current gen. I cant wait to see Darksiders 2 as it was intended.

Edit: @Heyheyharold.................i spotted my mistake about the PS3 RAM,......typo lol ;)

yes i think its funny everyone is getting their rumored specs from random neogaf posters. journalist are eporting this stuff as FACT. ha! its funny to me. the thing people have to realize is its all custom. so we are never gonna know how powerful its going to be... we just have to wait for games 2-3 years down the road. i also am waiting to see what darksiders looks like on Wii U

#11 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

This doesnt have to do with your post, i just wanted to say
SO THATS WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE!!!!

#12 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

Looks like people don't want to understand that Nintendo is WAY ahead of us, way more than we could even imagine. People are being skeptical about the approach Nintendo is taking, which is, in fact saying that you know more, that you understand more, and that's why I don't allow myself to question what a big company is doing. Companies like Apple, Nintendo, Nike... They probably took months only to think of what to do next, how they think the competitors will react... Oh and they probably don't only look at the next gen, but at the gen after the next one. So don't say "Nintendo betrayed me with the Wii".

I'm not saying the Wii U will absolutely own everything, but let the time tell and wait. Wait to see what will happen.
Posted Image

#13 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

Oh, the irony. Atleast he admits he is going by rumours though.

? its been said multiple times that the xbox will be around the same price as wii u and will be bundled with kinect 2. i have my reasons

Signature_Fox.png

#14 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:43 PM

Why anyone would doubt the Wii U's power is either uneducated in simple technology or is totally unaware with the recent advances in electronics over the years.
It's basically impossible for Nintendo be 'weaker' than the current generation right now.

And coffee. This is Project Cafe after all. :D

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#15 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:44 AM

It has to be say 2-3 times stronger than PS360 cause otherwise it wouldn't be able to run internet services, the gamepad and better graphics than PS360 at the same time.

28gxdv8.png

#16 Foot

Foot

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:07 AM

i fail to see how a powerpc 400 series is equal to or lower than a cpu that has 3 cores each weaker than a ATOM core..... thats a fact by the way xenon is a freaking joke of a cpu it has 1 execution unit like its the 70s or something atom at least has 2

x360s cpu also has a small catch for 3 cores and its rumored to run at half the clock speed of the core like VERY OLD FASHIONED CPUS so its 3.2ghz cores and 1.6ghz catch like some old 6800 series from long long ago LOL then take the following into account its running OS AND IO and all the SOUND AND AUDIO

same apply s the CELL CPU its not ps3s cpu THATS FLAT OUT LYING its the cpu the sound processor the OS the IO and its 50% of the ps3s GPU comparing different systems like for like its dumb

CELL IS A SINGLE INLINE CPU WITH ONE EXECUTION UNIT PLUS THOSE DUMB SPE's and xenon is a 3xcore one execution unit inline core system theres no DSP theres no co cpu and theres no compute shader true gpgpu programming ability

stop this mindless xenon was powerfdul fan worship the cpu was aover heating clock trashing out dated pile of total krrap

a powerpc tri core at only 1.6ghz is clearly way above xenon then ad the DSP and the ARM its clear as a sunny day that its a vastly superior cpu set up,the level of fanboy i see everyday in forums makes me giggle theres even people on neogaf saying no sound processor is better than having a sound processor THATS BEYOND BLIND FANBOYING

nintendo builds consoles not pc's not servers CONSOLES so pc aliking a cpu is so stupid and out of touch its insane the powerpc in wiiu is nintendos own special version based on a continued evolution of gekko NOW THATS A FACT IL GLADLY TAKE ANY WAGER LON THIS FACT PUT YOUR MONEY WERE YOUR FAKE AZZ POWER 7 MOUTH IS AT

its a powerpc 400 BROADWAY-FIED 3 x core and a custom catch of IBM EDRAM = 3MB lets all stop the pretending its anything else wiiboy101 told you people this like 24 months ago he was right he always was....

ps3 has a single inline cpu core wii u has 3 out of order cpu cores ps3 has a 512k catch wiiu has a 3mb catch this is not rocket science guys

Lol, the happening is going on again

? its been said multiple times that the xbox will be around the same price as wii u and will be bundled with kinect 2. i have my reasons

I have a feeling that Microsoft is gonna sell it at a loss again, Sony probably wont and price it at $1000! Lol

oh, and with a year, (Possibly more with these Oban rumors), ahead of its competition, it may even get a Price Drop if we're lucky!
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

#17 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:26 AM

It WILL be Better for Sure.

The Wii U I think will have at LEAST 2 GB of RAM though with recent reports I'd say it maybe even 4 GB!

Ummm... I don't think there is a way it will have 4 GB of ram. I think it will be 1.5, maybe 2.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#18 Foot

Foot

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:56 AM

Ummm... I don't think there is a way it will have 4 GB of ram. I think it will be 1.5, maybe 2.

Anythings possible if u believe! Lol, I say 2 at the LEAST, based on what we've been hearing and seeing it could even be 4, I hope!

#19 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:02 AM

i just keep keep seeing "yh of course it will be better than ps360 but not by much, thats just the facts." but there is nothing that proves this claim. it just frustrates me soo much!! where is this assumption coming from!!! all the evidense points to the wii u using 2010/2011 technology which is far superior to xbox360 and ps3
Posted Image

#20 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:05 AM

Just stop with the comparison. Read this amazing article:

http://www.nintendol...ion_of_consoles

0 user(s) are reading this topic