#61 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:03 AM

A guy at a local gamestop doesn't think the Wii U could run a Zelda that well... Oh well, he can stick with the Xbox 720 w/ Kinect 2.0.

Ehm off course it can, that guy is just stupid. That demo was done on an old Wii U devkit, and already wasn't possible on any other current gen console.
No sig.

#62 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

Guys, dont kill yourselves on this. If you get pissed at nintendo for it not being a 67xx, its your own fault.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#63 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:16 PM

A guy at a local gamestop doesn't think the Wii U could run a Zelda that well... Oh well, he can stick with the Xbox 720 w/ Kinect 2.0.

BREAKING NEWS: The Wii U can't run Pong!

Now seriously, that guy should die of embarrassment.

Edited by Arkhandar, 22 September 2012 - 03:16 PM.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#64 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

BREAKING NEWS: The Wii U can't run Pong!

Now seriously, that guy should die of embarrassment.

He's nice... But not listening to the facts.

Posted Image

#65 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:40 AM

He's nice... But not listening to the facts.

And I believe he is, but like I said in another thread, I'm afraid that this is only going to stop when in November 18th, someone has the great idea of tearing it apart and examine its components.

Until day we'll just have to ear people like this saying things like this all the time.

Posted Image

#66 parallaxscroll

parallaxscroll

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:46 AM

Whatever GPU7 is actually based on, I'm sure it'll have been customized beyond the point of recognition.

#67 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:01 AM

Whatever GPU7 is actually based on, I'm sure it'll have been customized beyond the point of recognition.

That rumour was fake. The Wii U GPU is not called GPU7.

Posted Image

#68 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

Hey guys this is true. I emailed AMD and they confirmed it, but then said something different the second time. Probably just to hide it before launch.

Oh and if your wondering why it says Dear David? That's my real name and email (just don't send me anything. I use it strictly for school work and well this only, and Mynintendonews emails, everything else is done on Heyheyharold. Surprised? I bet you are! :P

Edit: Trying to remove them because I've been getting weird emails

Edited by Heyheyharold, 06 October 2012 - 05:21 PM.

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#69 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:26 AM

Hey guys this is true. I emailed AMD and they confirmed it, but then said something different the second time. Probably just to hide it before launch.

Oh and if your wondering why it says Dear David? That's my real name and email (just don't send me anything. I use it strictly for school work and well this only, and Mynintendonews emails, everything else is done on Heyheyharold. Surprised? I bet you are! :P

Edit: Got em

Here's the other, not letting me use 2 on my iPad

Just like IBM in their Watson twitter feed. Saying less and less every time someone asks about it until they realize that they've really messed it up and just deny everything xD

Posted Image

#70 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:29 PM

Edit: Got em

Here's the other, not letting me use 2 on my iPad

Its getting really hard to not get hyped about a 6760 with amd's tech supports continued insistance.

On one hand, amd's tech support has no business knowing what amd's putting in the wii u.

On the other hand, true or troll, with this going on as long as this has been, people would have assuredly been fired and/or tech support retrained to keep mum about wii u.

Yet, they are still answering emails.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#71 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

THE WQIIU GPU IS A Rv7 AS STATED AT VGLEAKS ALL WIIU SPECS HAVE BEEN LEAKED """""""""""""""""WITCH YOU ALL KNOW""""""""""""" BUT BCAUSE IT DIDNT SAY POWER7 AT 5GHZ YOU DONT WANT TO ACCEPT REALITY !!!!!!!!!!!

FACT

RV7 8 ROP GPU WITH 32MB EDRAM @ 45NM opengl 3.3 plus extentions and custom bits NOT E 6760 most likely based around the 4670 OBVIOUSLY

#72 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:11 PM

THE WQIIU GPU IS A Rv7 AS STATED AT VGLEAKS ALL WIIU SPECS HAVE BEEN LEAKED """""""""""""""""WITCH YOU ALL KNOW""""""""""""" BUT BCAUSE IT DIDNT SAY POWER7 AT 5GHZ YOU DONT WANT TO ACCEPT REALITY !!!!!!!!!!!

FACT

RV7 8 ROP GPU WITH 32MB EDRAM @ 45NM opengl 3.3 plus extentions and custom bits NOT E 6760 most likely based around the 4670 OBVIOUSLY

Wrong, and just for fun lets point out the things you did wrong *Trollface*

1) Wii U not WQIIU, it sounds like Wii U mixed with World War II, and a Q

2) That GPU may be possible, but in past dev kits, if that. Now we have a confirmation, and u refuse to believe it as always. As always u are wrong

3) I'll give you $50 to go buy a new keyboard because Caps Lock is always on for u.

Questions?
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#73 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

FACT

Ok, I'm done with you. Fact.

Posted Image

#74 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:25 PM

FACT

It finally makes sense all this time we thought you was talking about the specs of the wiiu but as it turns out you was referring to the Chinese Rip-off wiiu all along now I feel stupid doubting you vast knowledge.

#75 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

FACT

Power 7 doesnt go up to 5GHz.Thats power 6.

Power 7 in super computers and servers is 4Ghz.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#76 Kuta∞sthA

Kuta∞sthA

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

How is 3x more powerful not (more than) a full generation leap? We went from 8 bit to 16 bit to 32 bit to 64 bit, etc. Explain to me how 3x more powerful isn't amazing.

#77 parallaxscroll

parallaxscroll

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

I for one don't believe in the e6760 rumor, but the actual WiiU-GPU could be something similar.

#78 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:46 AM

How is 3x more powerful not (more than) a full generation leap? We went from 8 bit to 16 bit to 32 bit to 64 bit, etc. Explain to me how 3x more powerful isn't amazing.

the bit is just the cpu bus size.

heres a better example between the power level difference between snes and nes.

Nes could display 16 simultaneous colors from a total possible of 64.

Snes could display 256 colors out of a total possible of 32,000(Though later games like dkc exceeded over 400 simultaneous colors)

at simultaneous colors displayed, thats an increase of 16x for average games, and 25x for high end games like dkc.

and a 500x increase in colors to choose a pallette from.

You will find similar leaps with things like sprites on screen, and the advanced computational overhead of thangs like rotation and scaling over the nes's primitive translation movements. Not to mention multi parralax backgrounds and transparencies.

Dennard cpu scaling is done for, it ended in the early 2000's when we had to resort to multicore and other tricks to continue making noticable progress. We dont advance at the break neck speed we used too, from the 70's up to 2000, and each new well we try to dip into is shallower than the last.

No, a 3-4x leap is NOTHING compared to even the nes to snes.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#79 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:45 AM

the bit is just the cpu bus size.

heres a better example between the power level difference between snes and nes.

Nes could display 16 simultaneous colors from a total possible of 64.

Snes could display 256 colors out of a total possible of 32,000(Though later games like dkc exceeded over 400 simultaneous colors)

at simultaneous colors displayed, thats an increase of 16x for average games, and 25x for high end games like dkc.

and a 500x increase in colors to choose a pallette from.

You will find similar leaps with things like sprites on screen, and the advanced computational overhead of thangs like rotation and scaling over the nes's primitive translation movements. Not to mention multi parralax backgrounds and transparencies.

Dennard cpu scaling is done for, it ended in the early 2000's when we had to resort to multicore and other tricks to continue making noticable progress. We dont advance at the break neck speed we used too, from the 70's up to 2000, and each new well we try to dip into is shallower than the last.

No, a 3-4x leap is NOTHING compared to even the nes to snes.

You're doing this wrong.

What we're doing with the Wii U is to compare raw horsepower, not what visual differences it might originate from it.

What you're saying, on the other had, is simply absurd. A 500x generation leap, really? Then please tell us what color pallet differences are between generation 6 and 7 (current) with those multipliers of yours so we can see if that was a "true" generation leap too.

In terms of horsepower the differences between the NES and SNES don't even come close to 3x, at least in the CPU department. And it was a giant leap in terms of what you'd visually get. There were other improvements as well, like a lot more RAM and better audio, so you can't simply determine a system's power by comparing it to other that way (with silly multipliers).

Have POWER7 CPU's for example. Although clocked lower compared to other CPU types, you get a lot (and I mean really really a lot) more performance out of it simply because it has a greatly optimized architecture (Wii U CPU).

Posted Image

#80 parallaxscroll

parallaxscroll

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:29 AM

I'm going to speculate Wii U is going to be a 2-3x leap from Xbox 360 and PlayStation3 in visuals,
and I will further speculate that we will see this with games from EAD Tokyo, Retro and Monolith.

From all that I gather reading, Wii U appears to be a 'GPU-heavy' console, meaning the GPU is the real strength of the console.
As devs learn to make games around Wii U's strength, gamers will notice the difference.

All speculation of course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!