#41 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:17 PM

Can't wait to see if it's confirmed or not. I really hope that they customised it further to provide a better performance in sacrifce of 6 way streaming.

If this is the Wii U GPU, then yes. They certainly did.
If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#42 00stevo

00stevo

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Fandom:
    Resi,Halo,Metroid,Mario

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:13 PM

Hmmm E6760? That will defo be very very nice for a console. But as i also own a PC with a 5850,i can see the benefits of moving up even just a little bit. Couldnt they have stretched for a 6770 at least?

Doesnt matter now anyway.

480 sp's......I think we are looking at Radeon HD5850 performance levels,for a console that is.

I play Dirt 3 @1080p,almost max settings,DX11 standard,with my 5850 and a DUAL CORE lol,and i get 50-60fps average. Thats average not minimum,so a console would have no problem maintaining 60fps constant.

And beleive me when i tell you,i played dirt 3 on my PC for a while at said settings,then i went over to my cousins who had it on 360.I was genuinley shocked at how poor and crippled it looked.....

'sub' 720p with 30fps does not look good at all trust me. With the specs the Wii-U has,i have no doubt it can match and even better my PC. 'Low clocked CPU' and all.

#43 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

I think the Wii U will be showing what looks like 7770 performance, from an E6760 starting point.

As a dedicated console, it has far less overhead (as well as the code that gets dialed in for exact hardware) and will easily outmuscle a similarly equipped PC or even PCs with hardware multiple tiers above.

That said, Nintendo didn't take a stock AMD chip and slap it into the Wii U. It is customized, enhanced, and better than what is available. I "wouldn't be surprised" to see what amounts to an energy efficient 7770 in the Wii U.

The Wii U CPU also isn't "low clocked." It is simply lower clocked than the 360 and PS3. And it may boil down to 200 mhz.

But the architecture differences will allow the CPU to outperform those easily. Code that is meant for GHZ will perform better on processors with more GHZ. But code that is optimized for both will see the Wii U leaving Xenon and Cell in the dust. And that is to be expected.

#44 00stevo

00stevo

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Fandom:
    Resi,Halo,Metroid,Mario

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:41 PM

I think the Wii U will be showing what looks like 7770 performance, from an E6760 starting point.

As a dedicated console, it has far less overhead (as well as the code that gets dialed in for exact hardware) and will easily outmuscle a similarly equipped PC or even PCs with hardware multiple tiers above.

Agreed. I'll bet the 7770 is equal to a 5850,give or take so my prediction may be right.

Just did a google,and in the PC world,the 5850 smashes the 7770. Although it was a QUICK google,its what i thought all along.

Doesnt really matter though,because as 'Socalmuscle' pointed out,a lesser card in a console will contend with a high end card in a PC.

Wii-U is looking good.

#45 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

If this is the Wii U GPU, then yes. They certainly did.

Now it makes me think what they've done to help in perform better? I'm all excited now. I really hope they can confirm this. if not I'll just have to wait for someone to open one up!

#46 00stevo

00stevo

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Fandom:
    Resi,Halo,Metroid,Mario

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

Even if it does turn out to be a 6760,with 480 sp's,etc....that is a killer gfx card for a console.

I remember buying a HD4850 which was a 'cripple' of a HD4870 and i couldnt beleive how well it performed.

I played crysis with a combo of mid/high settings and i managed to maintain 40-60fps @1080p with that card.

I did have my cpu oc'ed to 3.5ghz.but that shouldnt be a concern considering the Wii-U's Gpu can assist the CPU as well.

So if we have 'Crysis' level performance then we are in store for some very nice visuals. Not that visuals are everything but still ;)

#47 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:58 PM

There is a bit of truth to this hoax without the faked email (with very bad sentence structure - "this is based around the obviously been modified..."

While I do not believe any rumours, you do realize that part of the mail is cut in this image right?

#48 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

i love how i keep entering these threads when i know nothing about gpu's and stuff, but its fun to see people discussing and fighting for disagreeing lol

​
vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#49 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

While I do not believe any rumours, you do realize that part of the mail is cut in this image right?

You do realize that the fake cut portions (to make it seem more authentic by pretending an identity needs to be withheld, Etc...) have nothing to do with what I quoted right?

One of the worse fake jobs out there.

#50 parallaxscroll

parallaxscroll

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:13 PM

It would be outstanding if the Wii U GPU was based on the AMD E6760.

Having 480 SP would be a very significant leap beyond the Xenos GPU in Xbox 360 and the RSX GPU in PS3.

#51 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:49 PM

I'm assuming it is. But rumors are flying all over the internet right now. I just wish Nintendo would reveal the official specs already. I want to know how well this new system could run Zelda! :D

This well:

http://www.imgbase.i...18789_zelda.jpg
No sig.

#52 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:06 PM

This well:

http://www.imgbase.i...18789_zelda.jpg

A guy at a local gamestop doesn't think the Wii U could run a Zelda that well... Oh well, he can stick with the Xbox 720 w/ Kinect 2.0.

Posted Image

#53 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:31 PM

this gpu already has a thread and was a good fit and a good bit of workl from metaldave but its wrong the gpu is not Rv7 processor the wiiu is clearly a custom version of rv7 4670 is most likely but all manner of things could change

texture units rops streamers fixed function etc all can be changed il put my money as near as damb it AMD 4670

#54 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:34 PM

A guy at a local gamestop doesn't think the Wii U could run a Zelda that well... Oh well, he can stick with the Xbox 720 w/ Kinect 2.0.

-_-

Oh my god, he doesn't think a game demo running in real time off one of the older Wii U hardware models can't run that well >_<

Let's face it, the Wii U is powerful enough to keep up with next gen, just that we may get "unscaled versions" like what some games on the 360 and PS3 get now-a-days. Or ones with a lower framerate etc.

#55 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:34 PM

E6760 is this the processor wiiu gpu is based on nintengen/metaldave

E6760 is this are wiiu gpu............ http://www.nintengen...sed-on-amd.html

ERM SILVERISMONEY ALREADY DID THIS THREAD MONTHS BACK AND NINTENGEN METALDAVE WAS ORIGINAL FINDER

ITS NOT THE WIIU GPU ITS NOT Rv7 PROCESSOR ITS TURKS PROCESSOR NOT RV7

THE WIIU GPU IS A Rv7 SO ITS AMD 4670 THE E6760 is turks sorry to burst bubbles

wiiu gpu is opengl 3.3 plus custom extentions and runs on nintendo GX2 not direct 11

yet another >>fact<< to add the wiiu gpu is 45nm the e6760 is 40nm so again hhhmmmmmmmmmmm

2008 wiiu started design the 4670 was at 55nm a 45nm version customized with 32mb edram could easy be 45nm

the e6760 is clearly 40nm

but stream processors could range from 160 to 800 im guessing at 320 maybe 480 due to gamepads

Edited by thehappening, 21 September 2012 - 11:48 PM.

#56 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:21 AM

E6760 is this the processor wiiu gpu is based on nintengen/metaldave

E6760 is this are wiiu gpu............ http://www.nintengen...sed-on-amd.html

ERM SILVERISMONEY ALREADY DID THIS THREAD MONTHS BACK AND NINTENGEN METALDAVE WAS ORIGINAL FINDER

ITS NOT THE WIIU GPU ITS NOT Rv7 PROCESSOR ITS TURKS PROCESSOR NOT RV7

THE WIIU GPU IS A Rv7 SO ITS AMD 4670 THE E6760 is turks sorry to burst bubbles

wiiu gpu is opengl 3.3 plus custom extentions and runs on nintendo GX2 not direct 11

yet another >>fact<< to add the wiiu gpu is 45nm the e6760 is 40nm so again hhhmmmmmmmmmmm

2008 wiiu started design the 4670 was at 55nm a 45nm version customized with 32mb edram could easy be 45nm

the e6760 is clearly 40nm

but stream processors could range from 160 to 800 im guessing at 320 maybe 480 due to gamepads

Gotta love your attitude. What you're basically saying is:

"That's not the Wii U GPU because the E6760 is not a R700 series and the Wii U GPU is a R700 series because I say so. You can't say otherwise because this is a fact."

Just so you get (you probably won't), at no point did Nintendo ever said that the Wii U GPU is fabricated in a 45nm process. That's you theory/ your rumor (whatever that is). You can even call it anything you want but please don't call it a fact because that's just not true.

That or you don't even know what the word "fact" means, since this isn't the first time you gave us that false "proof" of yours.

Nevertheless, I advise you to check this out: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/fact

Edited by Arkhandar, 22 September 2012 - 08:04 AM.

Posted Image

#57 parallaxscroll

parallaxscroll

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:22 AM

The X360's GPU (Xenos) has 48 shader ALUs, this is equivalent to 240 more modern AMD streaming processors.
If Wii U GPU has 480 or even 320 of the more efficient SP then that's going to be a lot more powerful than 360's Xenos.

#58 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:34 AM

The X360's GPU (Xenos) has 48 shader ALUs, this is equivalent to 240 more modern AMD streaming processors.
If Wii U GPU has 480 or even 320 of the more efficient SP then that's going to be a lot more powerful than 360's Xenos.

We're looking at 3x the raw GPU power with this one. But the results are far better than that simply because the E6760 can output DirectX 11 level features, unlike the Xenos which is only has DirectX 9 features.

That means better and more efficient lightning, particles, tessellation, etc. which gives us more visually heavy games.

Edited by Arkhandar, 22 September 2012 - 06:34 AM.

Posted Image

#59 parallaxscroll

parallaxscroll

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:41 AM

We're looking at 3x the raw GPU power with this one. But the results are far better than that simply because the E6760 can output DirectX 11 level features, unlike the Xenos which is only has DirectX 9 features.

That means better and more efficient lightning, particles, tessellation, etc. which gives us more visually heavy games.

To be honest, Xenos goes beyond DirectX 9 features.

http://www.beyond3d....nt/articles/4/2

ATI had a clean slate with which to design on and no specified API to target. These factors have led to the Unified Shader design, something which ATI have prototyped and tested prior to its eventual implementation ( with the rumoured R400 development ? ) , with capabilities that don't fall within any corresponding API specification. Whilst ostensibly Xenos has been hailed as a Shader Model 3.0 part, its capabilities don't fall directly inline with it and exceed it in some areas giving this more than a whiff of WGF2.0 (Windows Graphics Foundation 2.0 - the new name for DirectX Next / DirectX 10) about it.

With that said the Wii U GPU will surpass Xenos in features *and* performance.

#60 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:00 AM

To be honest, Xenos goes beyond DirectX 9 features.

http://www.beyond3d....nt/articles/4/2

[...]

With that said the Wii U GPU will surpass Xenos in features *and* performance.

It does, but it still is very primitive in some of its features like tessellation for example.

It's obvious that will end up with a far better machine with the Wii U.

This is yet one more example that a simple "3 times more powerful" wont do justice. Visually you end up with so much more than that.

It's just a matter of time until games made to push the hardware to its limits start to appear (mainly exclusives).

Edited by Arkhandar, 22 September 2012 - 08:00 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!