Photo

Is the Wii U Really a Graphical Jump Over the PS3 & 360?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
130 replies to this topic

#81 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:47 AM

it is an alternative, its a mini game.

Playing with turds is also an alternative, a poor one but an alternative nonetheless.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#82 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:27 AM

seriously there is even more devs KNOWN devs that have said its easy to develop for. about 4 months back there was a rumor: http://mynintendonew...s-complexities/ .... from an "anonymous" developer saying they wont be working on Wii U that it was too hard and complex to develop for. personally i would take the word from the "KNOWN" developers (links i posted) over some anonymous dev who probably doesnt like nintendo and is too lazy to be creative with the gamepad.

Wow..... You don't pay attention very well, now do you? I was referring to the PS3, NOT the Wii U.

Posted Image

#83 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:34 AM

Wow..... You don't pay attention very well, now do you? I was referring to the PS3, NOT the Wii U.

my bad guess i misread your comment.... Well if anyone was wondering its offical "WII U IS EASY TO DEVELOP FOR"

#84 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:35 AM

my bad guess i misread your comment.... Well if anyone was wondering its offical "WII U IS EASY TO DEVELOP FOR"

Yep. That's been confirmed for quite a while. Maybe it will be the lead console for the next gen, kinda like the 360 for this gen.

Posted Image

#85 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:39 AM

Yep. That's been confirmed for quite a while. Maybe it will be the lead console for the next gen, kinda like the 360 for this gen.

that would be too good to be true and i would have to see it with my own eyes.

#86 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:45 AM

That's a very interesting thought, something I hadn't considered before; it seems like a possibility at this point so it will be very interesting to see how that turns out.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#87 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:51 AM

That's a very interesting thought, something I hadn't considered before; it seems like a possibility at this point so it will be very interesting to see how that turns out.

Hmmm let's see here....

Easy to Develop for
Likely to be around on par with other next-gen consoles
Controllers for Everyone (GamePad, WiiMote, Pro, Classic Pro)

It's definitely a good chance that it could happen.
  • CUD likes this

Posted Image

#88 dragomix

dragomix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • NNID:dragomix
  • Fandom:
    PC and Nintendo fan

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:53 AM

If Wii U have more than 15 million head start over Sony and Microsoft, than it is possible for Wii U to become platform of choice for developers! I think that pc has the best chance to become lead platform for gaming, so maybe we see very different gaming culture more focused on pc gaming!

#89 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:59 AM

If Wii U have more than 15 million head start over Sony and Microsoft, than it is possible for Wii U to become platform of choice for developers! I think that pc has the best chance to become lead platform for gaming, so maybe we see very different gaming culture more focused on pc gaming!

We can only hope. ;)

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#90 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:04 AM

That's the bright side to getting a head start on a generation. You can build a fanbase quickly before the other consoles come out.

Posted Image

#91 simplythetruth

simplythetruth

Goomba

• Banned
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:17 AM

xbox 360 rayman 540p 30 frames and struggled

wiiu rayman 1080p 60 frames with ease and 480p 60 frames on control pad with ease at the same time 30 frames vs 120 frames 540p vs 1080p and 480p at the same time

this thread doesnt need to exist the evidence is there for all to see wiiu is next generation

#92 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:19 AM

xbox 360 rayman 540p 30 frames and struggled

wiiu rayman 1080p 60 frames with ease and 480p 60 frames on control pad with ease at the same time 30 frames vs 120 frames 540p vs 1080p and 480p at the same time

this thread doesnt need to exist the evidence is there for all to see wiiu is next generation

Apparently, you don't know how the internet works. Now matter how much you prove against something in gaming, haters will deny it.

Posted Image

#93 simplythetruth

simplythetruth

Goomba

• Banned
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:52 AM

the vgleaks and the full spec of HD4670 and the api levels all match perfectly, and on top of that Rv7 gpu core is confirmed and E6760 IS TURKS LOL NOT WiiU gpu core as TURKS is not Rv7,

right lets list the spec and api of HD4670 and the vgleaks wiiu specs...
Hardware

• The HD 4670 uses GDDR3 style RAM available in either 256MB, 512MB or 1,024MB configurations. The memory architecture of this card uses a 128-bit memory bus. This bus consists of one pair of 64-bit dataPosted Image buses. Texture processing and rendering is supported by 320 stream processors, 32 texture units and eight raster operators.

The RV730 GPU used on the HD 4670 has a core clock speed of 750 megahertz that's capable of processing at 480 billion floating point operations per second. The 4670's memory architecture is rated at 1,000 MHz with an effective memory clock of 2,000 MHz with 32GB per second of memory bandwidth. This card has a pixel fill rate of 6,000 Mpixels per second and a texture fill rate of 24,000 Mtexels per second.

The HD 4670 is compliant with several recent graphicsPosted Image standards including DirectX10.1, OpenGL 3.2, Shader Model 4.1 and Vertex Shader 4.1. This card supports high resolution textures up to 8,192 by 8,192 pixels and supports several types of lossless texture compression formats. The 4670 also supports texture filtering and smoothing using 2X, 4X, 8X and 16X adaptive anisotropic texture filtering. Support for 128-bit floating point High Dynamic Range processing allows you to experience advanced lighting effects commonly used in modern PC video games.

right look at peak texture resolution 8,192by8,192 and look at the api levels opengl shader model then take into account the wiiu needs ahigh texel fillrate for 1080p and 480p control pad its clear the vgleKS MATCH hd4670 and vgleaks are real just accept the truth power 7 is not in wiiu just get over it and stop the fantasys

right look how the above specs and info match with vgleaks

Graphics and Video

• Modern unified shader architecture.
  • 32MB high-bandwidth eDRAM, supports 720p 4x MSAA or 1080p rendering in a single pass.
  • HDMI and component video outputs.
Features
  • Unified shader architecture executes vertex, geometry, and pixel shaders
  • Multi-sample anti-aliasing (2, 4, or 8 samples per pixel)
  • Read from multi-sample surfaces in the shader
  • 128-bit floating point HDR texture filtering
  • High resolution texture support (up to 8192 x 8192)
  • Indexed cube map arrays
  • 8 render targets
  • Independent blend modes per render target
  • Pixel coverage sample masking
  • Hierarchical Z/stencil buffer
  • Early Z test and Fast Z Clear
  • Lossless Z & stencil compression
  • 2x/4x/8x/16x high quality adaptive anisotropic filtering modes
  • sRGB filtering (gamma/degamma)
  • Tessellation unit
  • Stream out support
  • Compute shader support
“GPU7” AMD Radeon™-based High Definition GPU. Unique API = GX2, which supports Shader Model 4.0 (DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 3.3 equivalent functionality)

High resolution texture support (up to 8192 x 8192)

clearly everything matches a HD4670 the wiiu gpu is a customized HD4670 CORE

#94 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:59 AM

The happening, stop making new accounts.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#95 dragomix

dragomix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Fandom:
    PC and Nintendo fan

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:32 AM

vgleeks? Of all places, you have found vgleeks, and saying that is THE TRUTH!

I just want to ask you, what is Turks, and what technology Turks relies on?

#96 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:39 AM

vgleeks? Of all places, you have found vgleeks, and saying that is THE TRUTH!

I just want to ask you, what is Turks, and what technology Turks relies on?

Stop asking him, he cant answer you, he doesnt actually know anything, he simply regurgitates things he sees people say on various forums.

Turks is the codename of the northern islands gpu family for the radeon 6500/6600 entry level gpu's. However, the e6670 doesnt really belong in the turks family (though it is put there officially, for marketing purposes). The e6670 is actually a generation prior gpu with minor upgrades and compatability tweaks. Its actually an evergreens family e5670 with 80
more stream processors and 4 more texture
units. It has also been upgraded to support
the new technologies found in the Northern
Islands GPUs such as HDMI 1.4a, UVD3, and
stereoscopic 3D.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#97 dragomix

dragomix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Fandom:
    PC and Nintendo fan

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:57 AM

Stop asking him, he cant answer you, he doesnt actually know anything, he simply regurgitates things he sees people say on various forums.

Turks is the codename of the northern islands gpu family for the radeon 6500/6600 entry level gpu's. However, the e6670 doesnt really belong in the turks family (though it is put there officially, for marketing purposes). The e6670 is actually a generation prior gpu with minor upgrades and compatability tweaks. Its actually an evergreens family e5670 with 80
more stream processors and 4 more texture
units. It has also been upgraded to support
the new technologies found in the Northern
Islands GPUs such as HDMI 1.4a, UVD3, and
stereoscopic 3D.

Yes! And whole evergreen family is based on RV770 (the GPU that was rumored in Wii U). Even the blind man can see that Wii U's GPU is not HD4670. That GPU uses too much energy, and distributes too much heat to be on MCM with CPU!

Edited by dragomix, 22 October 2012 - 09:57 AM.

#98 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

Playing with turds is also an alternative, a poor one but an alternative nonetheless.

u really dont understand do you. metroid isnt in high demand right now. the next star fox is really the game people have been wanting retro to make.

take metroid off of retro's hands they have been working on it for too long.

so ur saying metroid blast is crap?lol looks fun to me

Signature_Fox.png

#99 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

u really dont understand do you. metroid isnt in high demand right now. the next star fox is really the game people have been wanting retro to make.

take metroid off of retro's hands they have been working on it for too long.

so ur saying metroid blast is crap?lol looks fun to me

Well It would be good to see a new Metroid and StarFox game, I just hope the StarFox game isn't entirely an on rails shooter.

What makes you think StarFox is in higher demand than Metroid? That's not to say that it isn't but Metroid is arguably the superior series.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#100 Sargon

Sargon

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

Controllers for Everyone (GamePad, WiiMote, Pro, Classic Pro)

I see that being as much of a negative than positive. Yes it is nice to have options, but will those choices lead to confusion for many gamers when Game X is optimized for the GamePad, Game Y is optimized for the Pro Controller, and Game Z uses the original Wii Remotes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!