Photo

GTA V promotional material spotted,no mention of Wii U, let the depression begin

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#21 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

who cares really about this game? i dont! now i care that Wii U gets as many "so called hardcore" games as possible just to shut up the haters. but seriosuly i will never buy a GTA game even if it came to Wii u. i wouldnt even rent it off gamefly they just dont do anything for me. but on another note.... do you guys remember the rumor that rockstar was one of the first devs to have a Wii U dev kit.... this is the only link i could find http://williamshartl...ckstar-for.html wouldnt it be smart of rockstar business wise to try and understand the hardware of Wii U early on? could they be bringing an exclusive to the table? we will have to wait and see... on side note didnt rockstar just announced grand theft auto for ios and android? seriously if they put the game on there they need to release it on nintendo home console.

i care about this game as well as millions of other's and without gta i will be delaying my purchase of the wiiu Nintendo needs to step up, and get rockstar's games

#22 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

who cares really about this game?

I DO. :angry:

#23 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:40 PM

who cares really about this game? i dont! now i care that Wii U gets as many "so called hardcore" games as possible just to shut up the haters. but seriosuly i will never buy a GTA game even if it came to Wii u. i wouldnt even rent it off gamefly they just dont do anything for me. but on another note.... do you guys remember the rumor that rockstar was one of the first devs to have a Wii U dev kit.... this is the only link i could find http://williamshartl...ckstar-for.html wouldnt it be smart of rockstar business wise to try and understand the hardware of Wii U early on? could they be bringing an exclusive to the table? we will have to wait and see... on side note didnt rockstar just announced grand theft auto for ios and android? seriously if they put the game on there they need to release it on nintendo home console.

This explains why the Wii didn't get good 3rd party games.

#24 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

http://mynintendonew...-playstation-3/

Sadly it's only coming to Xbox and PS3...so far!

Just checked that link out, yee gods theres a lot of angry, ANGRY (and probably young teenage) people on that site! almost every comment is people insulting one another?!? im never leaving the safety of this forum again!...mummy i'm scared....
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#25 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:29 PM

You do know a game like GTA V would make Wii U sales go through the roof, meaning it might help other developers open there eyes to Wii U's potential, which in turn means Wii U will get crap loads of amazing 3rd party games, GTA V is needed and they are some of the best games ever for story and gameplay.

Yup and after playing Saints row its kinda hard to even get excited for a GTA anymore. I just don't see them matching Saints Row: The Third. Also SR has full singleplayer coop and GTA is talking a multiplayer mode again. (Wasn't impressed with GTA IV's Multiplayer at all)

Saints Row was fun for about two mins, over the top stupidity on a very high level.

Edited by UnchainedGoku, 27 October 2012 - 10:30 PM.

#26 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

You do know a game like GTA V would make Wii U sales go through the roof, meaning it might help other developers open there eyes to Wii U's potential, which in turn means Wii U will get crap loads of amazing 3rd party games, GTA V is needed and they are some of the best games ever for story and gameplay.

Saints Row was fun for about two mins, over the top stupidity on a very high level.

like i said i understand getting it from a business standpoint helping the wii "brand" become more 3rd party friendly. but from a gaming standpoint there is nothing that GTA game would bring to the table that i would say oh let me play that. it has become this "god" like game that the so called ultra hardcore think they are cool to play. because you can shoot, kill, steal, and all the other so call hardcore stuff hardcore gamers want. i play games to have fun and to me (having played the last GTA) it wasnt fun to me.

#27 Oblivion165

Oblivion165

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

Well to each their own. I found it hilarious, refreshing and the full single player coop would be hard to top. I loved the improvements like leveling up your characters skills and helicopters that I could actually fly. (Always had problems with that in GTA, blades hit everything and a mother dog to land on the spot I wanted to)

Virtually every single car in the game can be upgraded and customized...loved it. But yeah, diversity makes the world go round.

#28 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

You guys really have No reason to have your hopes up so high on the first place...your really just setting yourselves up for disappointment.

This soooo much.

Though the good thing is: I was wondering if the Wii U could handle GTA5 (just look at the screens, it looks next-gen really) but now I'm sure it can.
No sig.

#29 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

This soooo much.

Though the good thing is: I was wondering if the Wii U could handle GTA5 (just look at the screens, it looks next-gen really) but now I'm sure it can.

can you post that pic or pics of the game. i havent really looked into it... but didnt think it would sport that great of visuals.

#30 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

li because you can shoot, kill, steal, and all the other so call hardcore stuff hardcore gamers want. i play games to have fun and to me (having played the last GTA) it wasnt fun to me.

but thats not what makes the gta series amazing/Godlike. what makes the gta series so great is the story, the open world, the presentation, the amount of content put into every game in the series, all of which shows how much dedication rockstar puts into the franchise. Rockstar is the Nintendo of third party games, but meh i guess to each his own.

This soooo much.

honestly the screens are not that amazing and if a 360 and ps3 can handle it why wouldnt the wii u be able to.

can you post that pic or pics of the game. i havent really looked into it... but didnt think it would sport that great of visuals.

#31 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:01 AM

but thats not what makes the gta series amazing/Godlike. what makes the gta series so great is the story, the open world, the presentation, the amount of content put into every game in the series, all of which shows how much dedication rockstar puts into the franchise. Rockstar is the Nintendo of third party games, but meh i guess to each his own.

honestly the screens are not that amazing and if a 360 and ps3 can handle it why wouldnt the wii u be able to.

its funny to me that Wii U is the only console that sports bullshots( according to the faithful at GAF). everytime some great screenshots are shown for Wii U titles everyone says bullshots or upscaled shots. but these shots sont look like something that would be in-game to me. i guess we will have to wait and see.

#32 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:17 AM

its funny to me that Wii U is the only console that sports bullshots( according to the faithful at GAF). everytime some great screenshots are shown for Wii U titles everyone says bullshots or upscaled shots. but these shots sont look like something that would be in-game to me. i guess we will have to wait and see.

im sure these are in game screenshots, the graphics are impressive but not unbelievable. its not surprising that the graphics have improved considering the last gta came out almost 5 years ago.

#33 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:23 AM

im sure these are in game screenshots, the graphics are impressive but not unbelievable. its not surprising that the graphics have improved considering the last gta came out almost 5 years ago.

You're not sure, you think they're in game and they may be but at this point you cannot say for sure of a game that doesn't yet have any gameplay footage.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#34 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:34 AM

why cant this be the case for Wii U. we know its more pwerful than ps3 and 360 yet everytime screenshots are shown that look good or better than anything this gen.... they are immediatley dismissed and called bullshots.

Edited by TRON, 28 October 2012 - 01:34 AM.

#35 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:53 AM

Ive said it another thread before but whoever Nintendo have in charge of relations with 3rd party publishers/developers needs to be taken out and shot.Again sony and ms obviously bending over backwards for rockstar nintendo are like meh whatever were not bothered.
Posted Image

#36 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:35 AM

I dunno why, but I keep getting the feeling that GTA V will come to the Wii U somehow.
I'm hoping it isn't just the optimist in me.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#37 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:54 AM

why cant this be the case for Wii U. we know its more pwerful than ps3 and 360 yet everytime screenshots are shown that look good or better than anything this gen.... they are immediatley dismissed and called bullshots.

Because the ps3/xbox360/pc fan boys and hating on nintendo.
I know the wii u is more powerful then the last gen ps3/x360.
Just some people are stuborn. They could be on fire but what say there not till it covered there whole body.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#38 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:12 AM

is not a surprise if gta 5 finally does not come to wii u , but it would be nice if it does
Posted Image

#39 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

Rockstar is probably still upset no one bought Chinatown Wars.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#40 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

Rockstar is probably still upset no one bought Chinatown Wars.

They are not really upset, but by the sales of Chinatown they believe that Nintendo fans will only buy Mario and Zelda (which is true for most) so why bother bringing a game to a Nintendo console if it won't sale.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!