Photo

GTA V promotional material spotted,no mention of Wii U, let the depression begin

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#41 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

You're not sure, you think they're in game and they may be but at this point you cannot say for sure of a game that doesn't yet have any gameplay footage.

i am sure, as these are the official screenshots of the game. also there has been a trailer which has gameplay already, clearly you havent been keeping up with GTA5 info or you would know this.

its funny to me that Wii U is the only console that sports bullshots( according to the faithful at GAF). everytime some great screenshots are shown for Wii U titles everyone says bullshots or upscaled shots. but these shots sont look like something that would be in-game to me. i guess we will have to wait and see.

i have never really heard anyone say that the wii u has game's with fake screenshot's,what games are they saying have them?

#42 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

So you mean an announcement coming later?

I think Nintendo only wants Devs that have Launch window games coming out to talk about those, so I am praying that it will be confirmed later

I think that Rockstar might be waiting to see how the Wii U does at launch before they say anything. Hopefully we get something concrete early next year.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#43 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

i am sure, as these are the official screenshots of the game. also there has been a trailer which has gameplay already, clearly you havent been keeping up with GTA5 info or you would know this.

i have never really heard anyone say that the wii u has game's with fake screenshot's,what games are they saying have them?

ZombiU, ninja gaiden seem to be the 2 most scrutinized.

#44 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:06 PM

ZombiU, ninja gaiden seem to be the 2 most scrutinized.

ZombiU looks wonderful in-game. I don't know why people are saying they aren't in game.

Posted Image

#45 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

but thats not what makes the gta series amazing/Godlike. what makes the gta series so great is the story, the open world, the presentation, the amount of content put into every game in the series, all of which shows how much dedication rockstar puts into the franchise. Rockstar is the Nintendo of third party games, but meh i guess to each his own.

honestly the screens are not that amazing and if a 360 and ps3 can handle it why wouldnt the wii u be able to.

You have to admit, if that's in-game... Minds will be blown. Wait, they already are. It looks unlike any other console game I have ever seen, that's for sure.

ZombiU looks wonderful in-game. I don't know why people are saying they aren't in game.

Well, some lighting looks wonderful, but some textures look really.. nothing more than average.
No sig.

#46 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

You have to admit, if that's in-game... Minds will be blown. Wait, they already are. It looks unlike any other console game I have ever seen, that's for sure.

Well, some lighting looks wonderful, but some textures look really.. nothing more than average.

True true. But the anti-aliasing and anti-sc(I can't remember what it's called) filtering are really good on ZombiU.

Posted Image

#47 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

very bad for nintendo if there is no gta for the console, hopefully they just havent announced it yet. no gta will make me stay on the 360 a lot longer.

the wii u will get it if pc is getting it. its a big game, even though its nowhere near what it used to be.

Signature_Fox.png

#48 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

agreed it is very good for a current gen console, but not next gen. though you have to wonder if rockstar can do this on current consoles whats in store for next gen.

#49 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

agreed it is very good for a current gen console, but not next gen. though you have to wonder if rockstar can do this on current consoles whats in store for next gen.

Real life?

#50 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

the wii u will get it if pc is getting it. its a big game, even though its nowhere near what it used to be.

What? How does bringing it to the PC guarantee anything?

Edited by Emblem, 28 October 2012 - 05:10 PM.

#51 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

It's odd seeing that there is no hint of a PC version coming. Probably is though since that reveal trailer looked like it was running on a PC.
I often get GTA on PC so I hope this arrives on it.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#52 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

Sony and Microsoft teamed up by pitching in money to bribe Rockstar NOT to bring it to Wii U. trolololol

#53 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:16 AM

well pc is missing here so im assuming other platforms will be announced at the same time.

Signature_Fox.png

#54 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:07 AM

It's odd seeing that there is no hint of a PC version coming. Probably is though since that reveal trailer looked like it was running on a PC.
I often get GTA on PC so I hope this arrives on it.

The trailer definitely seemed PC'ish. I'm hoping that poster was a fake. Although, it would still be nice to hear "The PC and Wii U versions will be coming at a later date". That would be decent news, since it would confirm for at least one of the platforms. 1 can only hope.

Posted Image

#55 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

Because if they're making changes for the PC, they might as well make the same changes for a new avenue of money.
Rockstar are waiting out the launch because they want to see if the "hardcore" will buy me3, zombiu, ac3, and blops type games. If those sell well, it's likely that when they go to make the PC version, they'll include a Wii U port as well.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#56 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

Because if they're making changes for the PC, they might as well make the same changes for a new avenue of money.
Rockstar are waiting out the launch because they want to see if the "hardcore" will buy me3, zombiu, ac3, and blops type games. If those sell well, it's likely that when they go to make the PC version, they'll include a Wii U port as well.

Ah.

#57 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

The trailer definitely seemed PC'ish. I'm hoping that poster was a fake. Although, it would still be nice to hear "The PC and Wii U versions will be coming at a later date". That would be decent news, since it would confirm for at least one of the platforms. 1 can only hope.

I'm quite banking on that actually. There have been quite a few games where the PC version is purposely lagged behind for a bit. (And the reason is most likely piracy as much as I'd hate to admit it.)

An example of an upcoming game that is doing so is Assassin's Creed III. They want to cash in as much as they can during launch on the consoles before they let loose for the PC version.
Piracy is possibly the main contributing factor considering that Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood were one of the most pirated PC games when they launched.

One can also notice this for Bethesda also. The Elder Scrolls games series are one of the easiest to bypass in terms of security because of how the game is made. And because of this, the PC gets the DLC late. If fact, the DLC is pretty much treated like a mod and can be installed like a mod.

Whose to say that Rockstar wouldn't be trying the same thing?

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#58 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:21 AM

I'm quite banking on that actually. There have been quite a few games where the PC version is purposely lagged behind for a bit. (And the reason is most likely piracy as much as I'd hate to admit it.)

An example of an upcoming game that is doing so is Assassin's Creed III. They want to cash in as much as they can during launch on the consoles before they let loose for the PC version.
Piracy is possibly the main contributing factor considering that Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood were one of the most pirated PC games when they launched.

One can also notice this for Bethesda also. The Elder Scrolls games series are one of the easiest to bypass in terms of security because of how the game is made. And because of this, the PC gets the DLC late. If fact, the DLC is pretty much treated like a mod and can be installed like a mod.

Whose to say that Rockstar wouldn't be trying the same thing?

Maybe so. I don't really like piracy. It's one of the reasons I don't like some PC players. They pirate instead of spending their money on a well made product. I'll build a PC eventually, but I'm staying away from piracy.

Posted Image

#59 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

Maybe so. I don't really like piracy. It's one of the reasons I don't like some PC players. They pirate instead of spending their money on a well made product. I'll build a PC eventually, but I'm staying away from piracy.

It's a temptation that is always available to any PC gamer. What keeps me from doing it, however, is a risk of malware.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#60 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

if they put it on vita that would be interesting...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!