#21 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

While I agree that they could have easily programmed the Wii U Gamepad to function as a controller for any or all of the VC games, and that this whole situation reeks of greed,
I'm still going to buy a Wii U.

Besides I already have all those peripherals. I'd hate to not need them anymore. Still, it would've been nice not to have to switch controllers so much. Also, too many peripherals starts to feel gimmicky.

#22 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

I think It's a safe bet that all future VC games on the Wii U will have multiple controllers support. If I were Nintendo I wouldn't be spending the money or man power to update every VC release either.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#23 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

I agree. It's kind of ridiculous that you can't even use a Pro controller/Pad for all games. I mean, it has all the buttons you need.
No sig.

#24 GoodGuy

GoodGuy

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

I think It's a safe bet that all future VC games on the Wii U will have multiple controllers support. If I were Nintendo I wouldn't be spending the money or man power to update every VC release either.

I don't think you understand. They don't have to update every VC release, just make the gamepad or pro controller compatible with the vc games. Thats it

#25 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

The 1/4 million people on the preorder WAIT LIST will be happy to hear it.

#26 Skaar

Skaar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

What? That was impossible because there was not enough buttons on the wiimote. But the gamepad and pro controller could easily be used for VC games if Nintendo wanted to. Now you have to buy a pro controller to use for some games(like call of duty etc), a wii mote and classic controller for others (VC games), and use the game pad for certain games. Thats 4 different controllers.

Its not about the money man, its the principle. And so pathetic that you have to buy a classic controller and plug it into a wii mote. This is 2012, why not use the wireless controller that comes with the console in the first place. So stupid

well you are a big Nintendo fan.. so i am assuming you have wii remotes already . and they are compatible with the wii u.. so all you would need to do is buy a cheap controller off e-bay for like $10 i don't think its that big of a deal.
especially for such a big Nintendo fan.
Posted Image

#27 robb_0909

robb_0909

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

I don't know why a lot of you are giving the OP a hard time. It is his choice if he dosen't want to buy the Wii U or not. I also think he makes a very good point. I personal think not being able to play the VC games with the gamepad (and on the Gamepad) is a bad decision by Nintendo, and a costly one. I know alot of people own a Wii (as I use to) but I do not own one now. I would like to buy some of the VC games for the wii U but a big draw for me would be to play them on the gamepad. So as it stands I will not be buying any VC games at this point.

This is my opinion.

#28 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

Im a big Nintendo fan, I wanted to buy the Wii U so I can play all the old NES, SNES, N64 games etc. and the new Wii U games all in one console. It's perfect.
But now I'm hearing the old games cannot use the Gamepad or even the pro controller..
So nintendo really expects me to buy outdated controllers in the form of a wiimote and a classic controller to plug it into the wiimote, just to be able to play the VC games? That is pathetic, greedy and so intentional by Nintendo to make more money. Why can't we use the gamepad to play VC games?

It's your decision whether you buy a Wii U or not but your reasoning not to I'd just ridiculous and pathetic. You obviously have no clue as to what's involved in making the new controllers compatible with the old games. It's not as simple as you make it out to be and not worthwhile for Nintendo to do so. Buy or don't buy a Wii U your choice but stop whining and complaining.

#29 Rin

Rin

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Fandom:
    Homestuck, Skyrim, Doctor Who, Sherlock,

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

That's ok i understand.

#30 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

I just think your body is not ready for wii u.
Posted Image

#31 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

Thank you for your response. I work in IT, Im not a programmer but a software tester. Yes, its hard to make old games compatible with new consoles, but this is not the issue in this case. The games are already comptible wih the console, its just the mapping of the controls that needs to be done in the gamepad or pro controller. And this is not complicated programming, trust me man. If they can make a screen on a gamepad with no lag at all, they can do this as well.

I will probably still buy the console on launch day though I wont be able to resist :)

The Wii didn't have a upad.
Wii games, VC, wiiware all run in a Wii mode, which is a virtual wii console.
It'd be more than mapping controls, they'd have to remake the emulators.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#32 Jelloman

Jelloman

Spiny

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • NNID:dmanomic
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA mario metriod

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

I don't know why you don't read my posts but I clearly said its not about the money. Its stupid to buy a new console, and then have to buy old outdated controllers to play certain games. The technology is not different man, its easy programming.

Did you have to have a gamecube or vc controller to play most of these... that's what i thought.
sorry if seemed rude i just think its sort of nit picking. but please do buy the wii u, trust me you will forget this minor thing. :D

That's uncalled for. He or she has a point, it would be nice to be able to use the Gamepad or Pro controller. The pro controller looks just like the classic controller, with the sticks on top instead of bottom. It they would prioritise it, it wouldn't be too much work.

good point but it doest really matter thats what i consider a tiny problem i use a gamecube controller to play but im gonna buy a vc controller on the day so yeah its my mind that makes me annoyed when something like this happens, the important thing is everyone enjoys it. :D

Lol

1260993809_bouncing_jello_thumb.gif

#33 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

OP should rest assured that Nintendo will probably either update the current games on VC, or re-issue them for use on the upad from the eshop.
It might cost money to rebuy them, but I'm not sure how that kind of thing would be received, I really don't think Nintendo would do that as it'd appear to be insanely rip-offish.

They might do a similar thing to the 3DS, HD remakes and upad gaming for a whole new price. Some kind of hook to get them to seem like it's taking them some effort to re-charge you for a third time.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#34 GoodGuy

GoodGuy

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

I think you're right :D

#35 korgamer

korgamer

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

Im a big Nintendo fan, I wanted to buy the Wii U so I can play all the old NES, SNES, N64 games etc. and the new Wii U games all in one console. It's perfect.
But now I'm hearing the old games cannot use the Gamepad or even the pro controller..
So nintendo really expects me to buy outdated controllers in the form of a wiimote and a classic controller to plug it into the wiimote, just to be able to play the VC games? That is pathetic, greedy and so intentional by Nintendo to make more money. Why can't we use the gamepad to play VC games?

I understand where your coming from, but i think its a stupid reason not to get a Wii U because of that one reason. The Wii U's core experience comes from the actually Wii U games and gamepad. I for one will not go near the VC until im done finished with all the Wii / Wii U games that i want to play (thats ALOT of games) so thats not a issue for me. And in the near future, Nintendo may even have an update, so you can play VC games on your gamepad, thats not out of the question IMO. As for some people that have to buy a classic controller to play VC games, that does kind of suck. If it was me , I wouldn't play any VC games until they fix this. This is Nintendo's loss. I'll just stick to my Wii and Wii U games, thats the core experience anyhow. But like i said, its definitely possible Nintendo will fix this with an update in the future. You know this sytem is just releasing, you can't expect Nintendo to do everything perfect. They will fix things as time goes by, im sure. Nintendo has always listend to their fans. But honestly if you care more about the VC games than the actually WIi U experience, then maybe you just download emulators on your pc and you should be able to play all those games for free. I for one, will enjoy the Wii U regardless.

Edited by korgamer, 08 November 2012 - 12:54 PM.

#36 GoodGuy

GoodGuy

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

Thats a stupid reason.

Ok

#37 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

Your post holds no water.

#38 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

is it really confirmed you cant use the new controllers? i find that odd

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#39 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

This is ridiculous. You should be buying a new console for the games made for it, not for games from a previous generation that won't use the new controllers. What would you have done with the jump between the N64 and the GameCube?

Posted Image

#40 GoodGuy

GoodGuy

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

This is ridiculous. You should be buying a new console for the games made for it, not for games from a previous generation that won't use the new controllers. What would you have done with the jump between the N64 and the GameCube?

Why is it strange that I want to play all the old nintendo games I played as a lil kid. I want a system where I can play all the old nintendo games as well as the new wii u games, with a wireless controller. Not ridiculous to me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!