• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#121 MacroManJr

MacroManJr

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:18 PM

Hey, I'd like to be co-administrator if you want. Anyway, can't wait for those videos, I really want to see them. Because they will definitely will be better than the two I uploaded, one of them is opening for FF1, surprisingly that one has like 30 views and I added important links in the description, the other one is just an edited ff vs 13 trailer with effects and a few images for people to download.

Sure, dude, you can be a co-administrator of the Facebook page! If you've already "Liked" the Facebook page, then you can message me here in this forum about which one of the names of supporters is yours, so that I can click the "Make Admin" button next to your name. And then you'll be a co-administrator! This goes for anyone else here who'd like to be a co-admin!

And to everyone, I'm in the process of collecting scenes for the two montage videos. So, hey folks, if you have any favorites, scenes that you'd think would be inspiring for Final Fantasy fans of either the light-tone variety or the darker-tone variety, just tell me or show me! And if you have any little Operation Moogle videos of your own.

I like your videos, by the way, Blade! I esp. like the concept of showing scenes of the classic games and then asking the question, "Wanna play this in HD?" It helps drive home the reality of having a game with both old and new Final Fantasy games on it!

Also, I'm updating the blog site, so anybody with signature images and wallpapers, just send them to me, and I'll post them. And just for fun, I'm thinking about putting a Fan Art page on the blog site, to encourage a little fun and some more interactivity with the site. After blowing the dust off my deviantART account and checking out Final Fantasy fan art, I've seen a LOT of fan art, and I'm thinking that offering a little spot of glory for them might encourage more revisits to and more activity with the site. What do you think about that? Think that's a good idea?
~Be about others, and you'll never be bored.~

Posted Image

#122 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:25 PM

Sure, dude, you can be a co-administrator of the Facebook page! If you've already "Liked" the Facebook page, then you can message me here in this forum about which one of the names of supporters is yours, so that I can click the "Make Admin" button next to your name. And then you'll be a co-administrator! This goes for anyone else here who'd like to be a co-admin!

And to everyone, I'm in the process of collecting scenes for the two montage videos. So, hey folks, if you have any favorites, scenes that you'd think would be inspiring for Final Fantasy fans of either the light-tone variety or the darker-tone variety, just tell me or show me! And if you have any little Operation Moogle videos of your own.

I like your videos, by the way, Blade! I esp. like the concept of showing scenes of the classic games and then asking the question, "Wanna play this in HD?" It helps drive home the reality of having a game with both old and new Final Fantasy games on it!

Also, I'm updating the blog site, so anybody with signature images and wallpapers, just send them to me, and I'll post them. And just for fun, I'm thinking about putting a Fan Art page on the blog site, to encourage a little fun and some more interactivity with the site. After blowing the dust off my deviantART account and checking out Final Fantasy fan art, I've seen a LOT of fan art, and I'm thinking that offering a little spot of glory for them might encourage more revisits to and more activity with the site. What do you think about that? Think that's a good idea?

FFX- Tidus and Yuna kiss scene was pretty cared about in that game, FFIV - when Tellah calls Edward a "Spoony Bard" is pretty well known by FF fans. FF VI - anything with Kefka lol, FFIII - Boss battle.

Also yeah I think a fan art page is a really good idea :D.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#123 The One Who Wrote This

The One Who Wrote This

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    Marth, Link, Samus, Zero, & Exdeath

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:58 PM

FFX- Tidus and Yuna kiss scene was pretty cared about in that game, FFIV - when Tellah calls Edward a "Spoony Bard" is pretty well known by FF fans. FF VI - anything with Kefka lol, FFIII - Boss battle.

Also yeah I think a fan art page is a really good idea :D.

Oh, and don't forget the Void consuming many places in the combined world and Galuf's sacrifice from V. But yeah, anything with Kefka is funny, even though I never played FF6!! :D

#124 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:04 PM

Oh, and don't forget the Void consuming many places in the combined world and Galuf's sacrifice from V. But yeah, anything with Kefka is funny, even though I never played FF6!! :D

I haven't played V so I didn't know about that :D . Do you know any good scenes from III?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#125 The One Who Wrote This

The One Who Wrote This

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:16 AM

I haven't played V so I didn't know about that :) . Do you know any good scenes from III?

This was the sacrifice of Galuf:
Spoiler

Also, here is the 4th time you fight against Gilgamesh (this was the first game that he appeared in [now you see another reason why I love FF5):
Spoiler

Anyways, this is from the DS version of FF3 (might be good to some):
Spoiler

Note: I take no credit from these videos. I just found them on Youtube.

Edited by The One Who Wrote This, 08 July 2011 - 06:33 AM.

#126 GwJumpman

GwJumpman

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:
    Team Fortress 2

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:52 AM

I'm gonna see if I can get some video game YouTubers to mention Operation Moogle in their videos. I'll update you on progress as it progresses.

Nah

#127 The One Who Wrote This

The One Who Wrote This

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:56 AM

I'm gonna see if I can get some video game YouTubers to mention Operation Moogle in their videos. I'll update you on progress as it progresses.

Maybe try to get Chuggaaconroy or some other LPers.

#128 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:46 AM

Maybe try to get Chuggaaconroy or some other LPers.

Chuggaaconroy :)
Posted Image

#129 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:47 AM

Dude, if you can somehow get The Angry Video Game Nerd to give us a shout out, we would be guaranteed support.
Posted Image

#130 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:11 AM

Sent a message to NintendoCapriSun, I don't think he will do it, but we can only hope :/

EDIT
Just noticed we have about 161 votes on the official site, 13 votes on Wii U forums and 32 likes on facebook and 72 views on our youtube channel!
I think it's something to feel proud of so let's do some math
161+72+31+13= 277!
were getting noticed people!

Edited by Blade, 08 July 2011 - 11:51 AM.

Posted Image

#131 The One Who Wrote This

The One Who Wrote This

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:34 PM

Sent a message to NintendoCapriSun, I don't think he will do it, but we can only hope :/

EDIT
Just noticed we have about 161 votes on the official site, 13 votes on Wii U forums and 32 likes on facebook and 72 views on our youtube channel!
161+72+31+13= 277!

Not bad at all!! 277 is pretty good!! Also, I do hope that people like NintendoCapriSun, Chuggaaconroy, and AVGN will help us!!

Dude, if you can somehow get The Angry Video Game Nerd to give us a shout out, we would be guaranteed support.

Sound idea!!

#132 MacroManJr

MacroManJr

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:00 PM

I haven't played V so I didn't know about that ;) . Do you know any good scenes from III?

You've actually touched on a point that I've been thinking about myself, something we'll have to keep in mind while producing the montage videos. Since you haven't played Final Fantasy V yet, that's something to consider. We'll want to show key moments, but at the same time, we don't want to give spoilers (at least, not major spoilers for the plot).

I think you guys here have already given some good examples so far. Like, if we showed a scene of Tidus and Yuna getting ready to kiss, it'd make people who played the game say, "Yeah, I remember that moment!" and newcomers say, "Hey, I wonder what that's about?" Similarly, we could show some of the battle scene against Gilgamesh for FFV, but don't show the end result. It's enough to pique people's interest to relive it or to experience it for the first time, all in HD glory.

We'll want to produce strong nostalgia factor for those who have played, and yet not give the biggest parts of the games' plots away to interest those who never played some of these games. It's a tricky balance to strike, but I think we all can do it. :)

So we'll try to show you bits of Final Fantasy V in the montages, but won't give it away. Similarly, we'll try to include bit of Final Fantasy III, like maybe the opening for the DS version, that'll make you want to play the game in HD!

And also keep in mind which parts of the scenes you want to show, as since these two videos will be montages, we can only show brief moments of the scenes. Again, a bit tricky, but we're awesome!

Good suggestions so far, you guys! Keep them coming!

Good! That'll help a bunch! Thanks!

EDIT
161+72+31+13= 277!

Yep! We're getting noticed! I think as soon as we can get people on YouTube to mention us and get more people in other forums to notice us (esp. with our nice signature images). Perhaps if I can find a clever enough way to sneak some news of Operation Moogle into my other non-gaming-related forums, like BlenderNation and BlenderArtists.org, we'll gain even more attention!

I'm working on compositing just a few 3D elements into the videos, like maybe a 3D version of our logo, and then editing the videos using Blender's built-in compositor. That should be enough to have BlenderNation do an article on this usage of Blender to get the job done--and get news out to thousands of people about Operation Moogle. Mwahahahahaaa!

Edited by MacroManJr, 08 July 2011 - 01:46 PM.

~Be about others, and you'll never be bored.~

Posted Image

#133 The One Who Wrote This

The One Who Wrote This

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:19 PM

You've actually touched on a point that I've been thinking about myself, something we'll have to keep in mind while producing the montage videos. Since you haven't played Final Fantasy V yet, that's something to consider. We'll want to show key moments, but at the same time, we don't want to give spoilers (at least, not major spoilers for the plot).

I think you guys here have already given some good examples so far. Like, if we showed a scene of Tidus and Yuna getting ready to kiss, it'd make people who played the game say, "Yeah, I remember that moment!" and newcomers say, "Hey, I wonder what that's about?" Similarly, we could show some of the battle scene against Gilgamesh for FFV, but don't show the end result. It's enough to pique people's interest to relive it or to experience it for the first time, all in HD glory.

We'll want to produce strong nostalgia factor for those who have played, and yet not give the biggest parts of the games' plots away to interest those who never played some of these games. It's a tricky balance to strike, but I think we all can do it. ;)

So we'll try to show you bits of Final Fantasy V in the montages, but won't give it away. Similarly, we'll try to include bit of Final Fantasy III, like maybe the opening for the DS version, that'll make you want to play the game in HD!

And also keep in mind which parts of the scenes you want to show, as since these two videos will be montages, we can only show brief moments of the scenes. Again, a bit tricky, but we're awesome!

Yep! We're getting noticed! I think as soon as we can get people on YouTube to mention us and get more people in other forums to notice us (esp. with our nice signature images). Perhaps if I can find a clever enough way to sneak some news of Operation Moogle into my other non-gaming-related forums, like BlenderNation and BlenderArtists.org, we'll gain even more attention!

I'm working on compositing just a few 3D elements into the videos, like maybe a 3D version of our logo, and then editing the videos using Blender's built-in compositor. That should be enough to have BlenderNation do an article on this usage of Blender to get the job done--and get news out to thousands of people about Operation Moogle. Mwahahahahaaa!

Sorry about my FF5 fan-ism. It was fun, but challenging at times (especially getting all non-necromancer jobs mastered and beating Omega and Shinryu). I don't know video editing at all, but I can help find videos. I'll have to PM you about certain questions I have about videos. I still need to learn about legality.... :)

Anyways, here is the FF3 opening video (I just found it, so I take no credit in making):
Spoiler

Should I just post them on the forum from now on or should I just PM them? If the latter, then to whom (or who [not sure about the grammar here])?

Edited by The One Who Wrote This, 08 July 2011 - 02:22 PM.

#134 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:54 PM

We'll want to produce strong nostalgia factor for those who have played, and yet not give the biggest parts of the games' plots away to interest those who never played some of these games. It's a tricky balance to strike, but I think we all can do it. :)

How can I get one of those "nice signature images" into my signature? I tried copying the image and pasting it into my signature, but it wouldn't show up. ;)
Posted Image

#135 GwJumpman

GwJumpman

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:
    Team Fortress 2

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:04 PM

I sent a message to xBLACKCAT215x YouTube about this. xBLACKCAT215x is a Machinima commentator and a really swell guy with a lot of subscribers. Here's what I wrote:

xBLACKCAT215x

Would you be able to mention something in a video?
Hey Trent, I have a question/request for you. Square Enix recently said this in an interview in regards to making a Final Fantasy HD Compilation:

"We haven't made up our mind about that yet, but if there was a strong voice coming through from the users asking for such porting, then obviously we would seriously consider it, but no actual plans yet."

A user on a Wii U forum has started a blog called Operation Moogle. Essentially, what this is exactly is the answer to Square Enix on whether or not the fans want this. I'm trying to spread this, but I can only do so much since I don't have many subscribers or followers on Twitter and on top of that, I'd get turned away if I made an account on another forum just to make that post as others in this group have tried.

I see great promise in this, but only if people hear about this. A FF compilation is something so many fans have been asking for especially since it would mean they'd finally get a Final Fantasy VII remake.

Anyway, I'm asking you simply because I think you're the best commentator online right now and I'm not asking for a whole video for it, just a quick mention about it.

Keep up the videos,
Dave Barnes

Then, I sent another message:

I feel like a total idiot. I forgot to link you to the blog.

http://operationmoogle.wordpress.com/

Sorry about the extra message.

If you have any other ideas on who I should message, let me know and I'll do it.

Nah

#136 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:08 PM

What about something from FF 12?
Why does no one show love for FF 12 xD
It's actually my favorite Final Fantasy game...
Posted Image

#137 GwJumpman

GwJumpman

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:
    Team Fortress 2

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:10 PM

Because Final Fantasy VII strikes the most emotion from the fans. Every bloody fan seems to want a Final Fantasy VII remake. I feel like we'll get so many more good responses if they understand it means a FFVII remake.

Nah

#138 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:14 PM

Because Final Fantasy VII strikes the most emotion from the fans. Every bloody fan seems to want a Final Fantasy VII remake. I feel like we'll get so many more good responses if they understand it means a FFVII remake.

Well I didn't mean that I wanted it in the collection, but something like a signature or something like that would be nice. I... actually don't understand why FF 7 is overrated, I like it too, but seriously, give other Final Fantasy games a chance xD
But yeah, FF 7 must be in the collection.

Edited by Blade, 08 July 2011 - 04:15 PM.

Posted Image

#139 The One Who Wrote This

The One Who Wrote This

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:30 AM

Well I didn't mean that I wanted it in the collection, but something like a signature or something like that would be nice. I... actually don't understand why FF 7 is overrated, I like it too, but seriously, give other Final Fantasy games a chance xD
But yeah, FF 7 must be in the collection.

Don't worry, Blade. FF7 isn't my favorite either.
But here is a video scene that I found from FF7: The infamous death of Aerith/Aeris:
Spoiler

Anyways, I don't know if this is too spoiler intensive, but here is a battle from FF12 (with Gabranth):
Spoiler

Like I say before, I claim no credit in making videos. I just found them. If we have to ask permission, we will need to do so, because I just found them.

By the way, I think that you'll get a chuckle out of this video:

Edited by The One Who Wrote This, 09 July 2011 - 06:50 AM.

#140 Ruthie

Ruthie

Blooper

• Writers
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Final Fantasy, Uncharted, Ratchet

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:19 PM

That's a good point about not using possible spoilers but still wanting it to be meaningful to final fantasy fans. I like your idea on how to get around that problem though.
Assistant Writer of Wii U Go and Vita/3DS enthusiast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!