#81 GwJumpman

GwJumpman

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:
    Team Fortress 2

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:41 AM

Shouldn't this be in the Blog instead of this forum? That way, everyone can sign the petition, not just Wii U members.

Nah

#82 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:52 AM

Shouldn't this be in the Blog instead of this forum? That way, everyone can sign the petition, not just Wii U members.

I've moved your post from the petition thread to this one. The petition thread is only for signing the petition. Comments about Operation Moogle should be made in this thread.

#83 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:14 PM

It's reeeeeaaaddyyyyy! Okay, Feld0, I've finished! And gang, you can leave your signatures and cast your votes! Just read the quick instructions and have at it!

Link to the Operation Moogle Petition Thread and Poll: http://thewiiu.com/t...hread-and-poll/

I've created a new subforum for this, and moved both topics into it. The petition/poll thread looks great.

Which blog? MacroManJr's, David's, or mine? There are three great reasons to use Wii U Forums instead: 1) they're a neutral zone between the two Wii U blogs associated with them; 2) having the petition and poll in the form of a thread is neat and tidy; and 3) it's a fabulous way to promote this community, as there's a good chance that some of the people who register to sign the petition will stick around for the Wii U discussions.

#84 GwJumpman

GwJumpman

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:
    Team Fortress 2

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:19 PM

I was talking about http://operationmoogle.wordpress.com/

From the point of view of Final Fantasy fans, why would they want to join a Wii U fan forum to sign a petition about Final Fantasy? It's easier to get to and more appeal-able to the fans to have it in the blog.

Nah

#85 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:04 PM

Thanks! Appreciate it!

Yeah, I can send the videos to you when I'm done with something, or we could even share a Dropbox folder (if you're familiar with Dropbox). Any way is fine with me! And that song is definitely a good consideration for the lighter-toned video montage! Boss theme music from a recent popular hit with nostalgic 8-bit flair--that's says "fandom" all day!

Hey, I say we use Dropbox I finished installing it and all. So yeah, do message me when you have one of them ready.
Posted Image

#86 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:11 PM

I was talking about http://operationmoogle.wordpress.com/

From the point of view of Final Fantasy fans, why would they want to join a Wii U fan forum to sign a petition about Final Fantasy? It's easier to get to and more appeal-able to the fans to have it in the blog.

See points 2 and 3. MacroManJr decided he wanted to run the petition here. He's the one in charge of the project. He also has an official answer to this at his blog.

#87 MLdragoMaster

MLdragoMaster

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:28 PM

We(Me and GunGoomba) were told by you guys to make a sig. Well most of you at least... Well here it is:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#88 GunGoomba

GunGoomba

Friend of Bulbmins

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Mario, Peach, Zelda. Yoshi

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:43 PM

I made my own version of the sig with the background I made.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#89 MacroManJr

MacroManJr

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:41 PM

I want to be a part of this petition. I played FF XIII and loved it, now i want to get the other games and this would be the easiest way for me to get the games.

Glad you want to be a part of Operation Moogle! Every bit of Final Fantasy-lovin' fan support helps! And yeah, this would be the easiest way to play other games that some have yet to play!

There are several games on that list that most people outside Japan (or without a handheld like Nintendo DS or Sony PSP) didn't get to play. Some Nintendo gamers just didn't get to play ANY of the more recent titles.

And I was sure to include an enhanced version of Final Fantasy VII as a vote (along with the selection option for the original for the purists among Final Fantasy VII fans), since Square Enix did get our hopes up for a couple years ago for a remake of FFVII, but haven't done so yet.

So yeah, this compilation would satisfy a lot of people as an easy way to play these games--and all in HD glory.

Hey, if you haven't already, be sure you do get your say in the Polls and leave a short message to Square Enix with your reply signature in the Petition. You can find it here. B)

~~~~~~~~~

Posted Image

That's the spirit, MLdragoMaster and GunGoomba! Wear those in all the forums you're a part of! I can post those on the Operation Moogle blog site, if you'd like! :D

Edited by MacroManJr, 05 July 2011 - 02:43 PM.

~Be about others, and you'll never be bored.~

Posted Image

#90 The One Who Wrote This

The One Who Wrote This

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    Marth, Link, Samus, Zero, & Exdeath

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:03 PM

Posted Image

I love it!! I added it to my Signature page!! Thanks again, both of you!!

Glad you want to be a part of Operation Moogle! Every bit of Final Fantasy-lovin' fan support helps! And yeah, this would be the easiest way to play other games that some have yet to play!

There are several games on that list that most people outside Japan (or without a handheld like Nintendo DS or Sony PSP) didn't get to play. Some Nintendo gamers just didn't get to play ANY of the more recent titles.

And I was sure to include an enhanced version of Final Fantasy VII as a vote (along with the selection option for the original for the purists among Final Fantasy VII fans), since Square Enix did get our hopes up for a couple years ago for a remake of FFVII, but haven't done so yet.

So yeah, this compilation would satisfy a lot of people as an easy way to play these games--and all in HD glory.

Hey, if you haven't already, be sure you do get your say in the Polls and leave a short message to Square Enix with your reply signature in the Petition. You can find it here. :D

~~~~~~~~~

That's the spirit, MLdragoMaster and GunGoomba! Wear those in all the forums you're a part of! I can post those on the Operation Moogle blog site, if you'd like! B)

I did the petition and I told people on the Wii U Blog (David's site) in the latest article. I guess changing my Gravater from Dan to Exdeath surprised some people! B)
Edit: They took off my comment!! :D Never mind!! :D

Edited by The One Who Wrote This, 06 July 2011 - 04:36 AM.

#91 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:03 PM

I support Operation Moogle in all its glory!

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#92 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:16 PM

Oh, this isn't really directly related to anything, but I wanted to point out a feature in IP.Board which you guys might find very useful if you're doing anything collaborative. Namely, group private messaging. When you're writing a PM, you can "invite" more people to the conversation so they can read and participate in it, too - almost like a forum thread, but it's private. See the help files for details.

Just thought you might find this feature of IPB useful, but I'm not sure if you're aware of it. :D

#93 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:16 PM

Hey Macro, just wondering here, do you have any of the videos ready? Because I just got a Dropbox and wanted to see how it works xD
Posted Image

#94 MacroManJr

MacroManJr

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:42 PM

I've created a new subforum for this, and moved both topics into it. The petition/poll thread looks great.

Which blog? MacroManJr's, David's, or mine? There are three great reasons to use Wii U Forums instead: 1) they're a neutral zone between the two Wii U blogs associated with them; 2) having the petition and poll in the form of a thread is neat and tidy; and 3) it's a fabulous way to promote this community, as there's a good chance that some of the people who register to sign the petition will stick around for the Wii U discussions.

Thanks a million for creating a subforum for Operation Moogle! That's really going to help us a lot! And thank you for liking the petition/poll thread!

Also, to what you said about using this forum, those are actually some of the good reasons I listed on the blog site!

Hey Macro, just wondering here, do you have any of the videos ready? Because I just got a Dropbox and wanted to see how it works xD

Nope, not yet. I'm just in concept stage at the moment. Should have something to share in a day or so, though. But if you wanna test out Dropbox, you can place any Operation Moogle signature images there and place the public links to those signatures (in a public Dropbox folder) on your Facebook, Twitter, whatever. Of course, this is just an excuse to use Dropbox (I like such excuses), but it could be a neat way to promote Operation Moogle while you're at it! :D

Actually, that would be kinda difficult to do. Those free WordPress pages are blog sites, and they operate a little differently behind the scenes than a normal website (which are typically managed from scratch or using WordPress a more by-hand way). Also, integration of a petition with the site is not simple (not for free, anyways).

Yeah, I could've used one of those sites claiming to offer "free petition," but those are kinda a pain. They want a home address from you, our e-mail addresses, a limited signature goal, tons of ads everywhere, blah blah blah. Those "free petition" sites are free to begin with because they collect and reserve your personal info to sell it to email-based advertisers (spammers), as they reserve that right to do so in their terms of agreement.

So yeah, it's just a lot easier than dealing with a forum where you can have as no limit of signatures, you can just leave your name (or alias) as a signature, you can take the poll and then just leave a post with your name (or alias) as a signature, and you can participate with the discussion thread.

All you need is an e-mail address and an name (doesn't even have to be your real name!) to start an profile here, and you're ready for business! Conversely, you can be as creative as you want with your support for Operation Moogle, with forum signature images and suggestions to us.

Though, after I made the petition/poll, I did at least place a copy of the poll there on the blog site. I realized that once you vote for in the poll with the petition, you can't vote again. So if there were any games in the list you forgot, you can cast a vote them here. So there's two places for the poll.

I also put on the site an encouraging word for joining this forum site. I did inform folks that though this is a Wii U forum site and Wii U is our general talk, there is a section here where we do talk about other game consoles, too. And we don't HATE the other consoles (many of us OWN other consoles)--we just love the Wii U a lot, that's all!

And really, a lot of people out there haven't really been following the news about the Wii U too much since E3, so I think when they see some of the things we're talking about with Wii U, that may create an interest in Wii U as well.

By using this forum, we make emphatically clear that we don't want the Wii U to get left out of consideration for this compilation! PS3, Xbox 360, and PC will surely get such the HD collection, so we're not concerned about whether a release would come to them. We want this game on ALL the HD gaming platforms, including the Wii U.

I hope this wasn't too long! But yeah, there are several reasons why I chose on a forum site for this campaign. Plus, Feld0 kindly gave us our own spot here and a shout-out! Can't beat that!

Edited by MacroManJr, 05 July 2011 - 11:58 PM.

~Be about others, and you'll never be bored.~

Posted Image

#95 The One Who Wrote This

The One Who Wrote This

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:40 AM

We(Me and GunGoomba) were told by you guys to make a sig. Well most of you at least... Well here it is:

Posted Image

I put yours as my sig picture, MLDragoMaster! I think I should hide my Dan in a spoiler....

Edited by The One Who Wrote This, 06 July 2011 - 03:41 AM.

#96 Ryoni93

Ryoni93

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Final fantasy, Chrono trigger

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:34 AM

Well....this is what I've been busy doing the last hours :D Hope you like it!

Attached Thumbnails

• operation moogle.jpg

Edited by Ryoni93, 06 July 2011 - 04:35 AM.

Yeah my favorite zelda game is not Ocarina of Time, It's Majoras mask! Live with it!
ps. chrono trigger is the best game ever....
Posted Image Posted Image

#97 The One Who Wrote This

The One Who Wrote This

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:36 AM

Well....this is what I've been busy doing the last hours :D Hope you like it!

It looks lovely!! :D If it's ok with you, I'll add it to my sigs!

#98 Ryoni93

Ryoni93

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:38 AM

It looks lovely!! :D If it's ok with you, I'll add it to my sigs!

I'll be honored! :D
Yeah my favorite zelda game is not Ocarina of Time, It's Majoras mask! Live with it!

#99 The One Who Wrote This

The One Who Wrote This

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:41 AM

I'll be honored! :D

I tried adding it, but it says that the file extension could not be supported. Maybe you should try putting it on Photobucket or Imageshack. I had a similar problem with the Exdeath/Gilgamesh sig picture, but GunGoomba put it on Photobucket and it was fine from there. Sorry!!

Edited by The One Who Wrote This, 06 July 2011 - 04:41 AM.

#100 Ryoni93

Ryoni93

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:58 AM

I tried adding it, but it says that the file extension could not be supported. Maybe you should try putting it on Photobucket or Imageshack. I had a similar problem with the Exdeath/Gilgamesh sig picture, but GunGoomba put it on Photobucket and it was fine from there. Sorry!!

Sure1 I'll try somthing like that.

Operation Moogle does this work? ^^'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!