#41 The One Who Wrote This

The One Who Wrote This

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    Marth, Link, Samus, Zero, & Exdeath

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:01 PM

Im on that forum but I dont go on it much. Ill add the OM sig right away.

I got someone to join the Facebook page!

Also, MLdragoMaster is offering to help make some more sigs for our profiles to help with the advertising of "Operation Moogle". Would you like some?

Edited by The One Who Wrote This, 04 July 2011 - 02:04 PM.

#42 GwJumpman

GwJumpman

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:
    Team Fortress 2

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:04 PM

Quick question: How'd you come up with "Moogle"?

Nah

#43 The One Who Wrote This

The One Who Wrote This

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:09 PM

Quick question: How'd you come up with "Moogle"?

I didn't start this. MacroManJr started it. I'm just a supporter.

If you are talking about something else, then I don't understand what you are saying.

#44 MacroManJr

MacroManJr

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:21 PM

Okay, guys, check out these simple rules for the Petition Thread:

• At the least, in your replies, all you need is your name. You can post a simple reply of your forum user name, your first name alone, your first name and last initial, or your first and last name. It's up to you.
  • You can leave a little message for Square Enix, but please, keep it short (25 words or less).
  • No profanity--keep it clean, guys.
  • Since you have an account here, you don't have to reveal your e-mail publically.
  • Please do not post more than one reply in this Thread.
  • Please save all comments, questions, and suggestions pertaining to Operation Moogle for the Operation Moogle suggestion thread.

Tell me what you think about these. And though I'm trying to keep the rules at a minimum with these, am I missing anything important to specify? Let me know!

Also, let me know if there's anyone about the list of games I mentioned earlier to include in our poll. If these are okay, then I'll go ahead and start the Petition Thread, post these rules in the Petition Thread, and kick off the petition with the first reply. :D

And finally, Feld0 and Ruthie, since you have some adminstrative experience with your news site and this forum, are either or both of you interested in being an co-Administrators for the Operation Moogle Facebook fan page? Similarly, when I finish the official Operation Moogle blog site, my offer extends to that, too.
~Be about others, and you'll never be bored.~

Posted Image

#45 The One Who Wrote This

The One Who Wrote This

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:25 PM

• At the least, in your replies, all you need is your name. You can post a simple reply of your forum user name, your first name alone, your first name and last initial, or your first and last name. It's up to you.
  • You can leave a little message for Square Enix, but please, keep it short (25 words or less).
  • Since you have an account here, you don't have to reveal your e-mail publically.
  • Please save all comments, questions, and suggestions pertaining to Operation Moogle for the Operation Moogle suggestion thread.

Tell me what you think about these. And though I'm trying to keep the rules at a minimum with these, am I missing anything important to specify? Let me know!

Also, let me know if there's anyone about the list of games I mentioned earlier to include in our poll. If these are okay, then I'll go ahead and start the Petition Thread, post these rules in the Petition Thread, and kick off the petition with the first reply. :D

And finally, Feld0 and Ruthie, since you have some adminstrative experience with your news site and this forum, are either or both of you interested in being an co-Administrators for the Operation Moogle Facebook fan page? Similarly, when I finish the official Operation Moogle blog site, my offer extends to that, too.

Do you know where the petition is (is it the word press)?

Also, did you get my PMs? I spread some news about Operation Moogle.

#46 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:29 PM

Rules look good. Remember to re-post them in the petition thread itself.

I thought I should let you know about the limits of polls here. A single poll on this forum can have 3 separate questions, each with up to 20 choices. Are those limits high enough for the poll you're going to run, or do they need to be raised?

Ruth isn't an admin, by the way. She's my assistant writer at Wii U Go, but doesn't have any admin privileges or anything. I'm quite busy myself, so I don't think I'll have time to lead the project as a co-admin of your blog and FB page, but I'll be happy to help you guys out in any way I (realistically) can. Besides, I think it's cool to watch the community here reach out and do something on their own. B)

#47 The One Who Wrote This

The One Who Wrote This

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:41 PM

How do we get to the polls?

#48 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:48 PM

Quite a lot has happened on this thread since earlier.
Also, is this just for North America or for us Europeans too?
Bring the noise.

#49 MacroManJr

MacroManJr

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:50 PM

Rules look good. Remember to re-post them in the petition thread itself.

I thought I should let you know about the limits of polls here. A single poll on this forum can have 3 separate questions, each with up to 20 choices. Are those limits high enough for the poll you're going to run, or do they need to be raised?

Ruth isn't an admin, by the way. She's my assistant writer at Wii U Go, but doesn't have any admin privileges or anything. I'm quite busy myself, so I don't think I'll have time to lead the project as a co-admin of your blog and FB page, but I'll be happy to help you guys out in any way I (realistically) can. Besides, I think it's cool to watch the community here reach out and do something on their own. :D

Yeah, I'll definitely re-post these rules in the Petition Thread. Thanks for looking them over!

About the polls, so far, I have 30 games in all listed. But maybe this can work. The first 20 are games of the main Final Fantasy series, and last 10 are main-series-related games. So maybe we can set up the Poll that way:

"Which of these of the main Final Fantasy series would you like to see in the compilation?" (Choose among 20 titles listed)

"Which of these of the games related to the main Final Fantasy series would you like to see in the compilation?" (Choose among 10 titles listed)

Does that sound good, Feld0?

~~~~~

Oh, that reminds me: Hey, everyone, do you guys think we should limit the number of choices they can select from, or just leave it open? I ask, because I'm concerned about some people just voting for them all, and getting a more unrealistic expectation with the Poll for Square Enix to take into consideration. I mean, it's unrealistic that ALL of these games will end up in such a compilation, and if so, we'd want only the honest top choices of our poll selected for the compilation. Do you agree?

If so, then I will need to know this so that I can set a limited number of choices for poll voters. I was think about having voters choose around 7 to 10 out of the 30 choices. But that reminds me--are we able to set such a limit of choices in the polls, Feld0?

Any my co-adminstration offer for the Facebook and Twitter sites and the blog site is open to anyone! Let me know if you're interested!

Edited by MacroManJr, 04 July 2011 - 02:51 PM.

Posted Image

#50 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:54 PM

I'd say realistically (think that's how to spell it) that an HD collection of Final Fantasy would contain around 4-6 games (if only the 2D ones)
Saying that I'd say (if possible) make it so we can vote for 7.

Or, the 2D collection against the 3D collection?

Edited by Happy Monk, 04 July 2011 - 02:54 PM.

Bring the noise.

#51 The One Who Wrote This

The One Who Wrote This

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:55 PM

Yeah, I'll definitely re-post these rules in the Petition Thread. Thanks for looking them over!

About the polls, so far, I have 30 games in all listed. But maybe this can work. The first 20 are games of the main Final Fantasy series, and last 10 are main-series-related games. So maybe we can set up the Poll that way:

"Which of these of the main Final Fantasy series would you like to see in the compilation?" (Choose among 20 titles listed)

"Which of these of the games related to the main Final Fantasy series would you like to see in the compilation?" (Choose among 10 titles listed)

~~~~~

Oh, that reminds me: Hey, everyone, do you guys think we should limit the number of choices they can select from, or just leave it open? I ask, because I'm concerned about some people just voting for them all, and getting a more unrealistic expectation with the Poll for Square Enix to take into consideration. I mean, it's unrealistic that ALL of these games will end up in such a compilation, and if so, we'd want only the honest top choices of our poll selected for the compilation. Do you agree?

If so, then I will need to know this so that I can set a limited number of choices for poll voters. I was think about having voters choose around 7 to 10 out of the 30 choices. But that reminds me--are we able to set such a limit of choices in the polls, Feld0?

Any my co-adminstration offer for the Facebook and Twitter sites and the blog site is open to anyone! Let me know if you're interested!

That sounds like a good idea! I would say 10. Seems reasonable enough for a 25gb disk. So, how can I get to the polls (still new)?

Rank up!!

Edited by The One Who Wrote This, 04 July 2011 - 02:59 PM.

#52 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:57 PM

10 seems a bit optimistic don'tcha think?
Bring the noise.

#53 The One Who Wrote This

The One Who Wrote This

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:58 PM

10 seems a bit optimistic don'tcha think?

The more the merrier they say!

Well, if they have 10 and then they narrow it down even more (like 7), it will be pretty good.

#54 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:06 PM

I know the more the merrier, it's just 10 seems too much. I'd like that to happen, but you've got to remember that 10 games (4 in 3D) would take up a lot of room on a disc, even a 25GB disc. it takes a lot of space to create something in HD. It's why the recently released Lord of the rings extended trilogy, all the films are still on two discs, just because it can hold more data doesn't mean it can hold more on the disc. A 2 and a half hour long film on a blu-ray would take up almost the entire disc in terms of it's capacity!
Bring the noise.

#55 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:12 PM

~~~~~

Everything sounds good. Uh...I don't think IP.Board allows us to limit the number of choices a user can select in a poll, so if you allow people to choose multiple games, you'll have to trust that they're reasonable enough to not choose all of them. Considering how unrealistic it is to expect them to include, like, 10 of them, anyway, I think it might be better to ask people to choose a single game they want to see in the collection the most. You're expecting a lot of people to join the effort, right?

#56 MacroManJr

MacroManJr

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:16 PM

Quite a lot has happened on this thread since earlier.
Also, is this just for North America or for us Europeans too?

This a worldwide event! This Petition will be open to any of the marketed region! Europe, the Americas, Asia, Australia. One of the advantages of having this Petition with a forum is that people at Square Enix can see our Locations. If we ALL demand this game, we won't run into Localization problems that folks with Operation Rainfall are dealing with (well, at least, that's the plan).

The aim of this petition is not only to let Square Enix know that we ALL want this compilation, but to also put some positive pressure on Nintendo to host this third-party title on the Wii U worldwide without the localization issues they're currently giving gamers with Operation Rainfall. Nintendo wants stronger third-party support for Wii U. Square Enix, one of the biggest third-party developers in the world, has expressed interest in the Wii U. We here at this forum want both the Wii U and this Final Fantasy HD compilation.

A game like a Final Fantasy HD compilation would definitely help the Wii U compete for the "core" gamer. This game will undoubtedly be released on PS3 and 360, and probably for PC too, and none of those with localization problems. We just want to make sure it comes out (first of all), and then comes out on Wii U with no localization issues.

About where the Petition will be, it will be a thread here at TheWiiU.com, a dedicated thread set exclusively for our single replies to that thread counting as our signatures of this petition. This thread will remain the suggestion box/discussion thread for the Operation Moogle, while another thread will be started really soon as the actual petition to host our signatures.

I'm working on a poll we can also participate in along with replying our signatures in that Petition Thread, where we can vote for what games we want to see in the compilation. Feld0 has offered to give the Petition Thread a dedicated spot, so as soon as I finish with the final touches, I'll start the Petition Thread. You can check out the rules for posting on hat Petition Thread in my last comment, and I'll repost those rules in the Petition Thread, too.

But until the Petition Thread I'm still working on is complete (and I'll announce it), you can visit our Facebook fan page and Twitter page, and check on the progress of our official blog site. :D

Posted Image

#57 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:17 PM

What about my idea of the 2D ones against the 3D ones?

A 2D collection of 1 through 6.
Or a 3D collection of 7 through 10.

Either 6 smaller game files (and games) or 4 larger game files.

Saying that, I'd be up for both. But 7-10 probably edges it slightly!

Also, I have made a thread about it on the 3DS Buzz forums, hopefully that'll raise awareness of our desperate cause...

Edited by Happy Monk, 04 July 2011 - 03:19 PM.

Bring the noise.

#58 The One Who Wrote This

The One Who Wrote This

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:24 PM

Everything sounds good. Uh...I don't think IP.Board allows us to limit the number of choices a user can select in a poll, so if you allow people to choose multiple games, you'll have to trust that they're reasonable enough to not choose all of them. Considering how unrealistic it is to expect them to include, like, 10 of them, anyway, I think it might be better to ask people to choose a single game they want to see in the collection the most. You're expecting a lot of people to join the effort, right?

Ok. Maybe it will be a multi-disk game. Tell me if I am getting too unrealistic because I have extremely high hopes for this! B)

This a worldwide event! This Petition will be open to any of the marketed region! Europe, the Americas, Asia, Australia. One of the advantages of having this Petition with a forum is that people at Square Enix can see our Locations. If we ALL demand this game, we won't run into Localization problems that folks with Operation Rainfall are dealing with (well, at least, that's the plan).

The aim of this petition is not only to let Square Enix know that we ALL want this compilation, but to also put some positive pressure on Nintendo to host this third-party title on the Wii U worldwide without the localization issues they're currently giving gamers with Operation Rainfall. Nintendo wants stronger third-party support for Wii U. Square Enix, one of the biggest third-party developers in the world, has expressed interest in the Wii U. We here at this forum want both the Wii U and this Final Fantasy HD compilation.

A game like a Final Fantasy HD compilation would definitely help the Wii U compete for the "core" gamer. This game will undoubtedly be released on PS3 and 360, and probably for PC too, and none of those with localization problems. We just want to make sure it comes out (first of all), and then comes out on Wii U with no localization issues.

About where the Petition will be, it will be a thread here at TheWiiU.com, a dedicated thread set exclusively for our single replies to that thread counting as our signatures of this petition. This thread will remain the suggestion box/discussion thread for the Operation Moogle, while another thread will be started really soon as the actual petition to host our signatures.

I'm working on a poll we can also participate in along with replying our signatures in that Petition Thread, where we can vote for what games we want to see in the compilation. Feld0 has offered to give the Petition Thread a dedicated spot, so as soon as I finish with the final touches, I'll start the Petition Thread. You can check out the rules for posting on hat Petition Thread in my last comment, and I'll repost those rules in the Petition Thread, too.

But until the Petition Thread I'm still working on is complete (and I'll announce it), you can visit our Facebook fan page and Twitter page, and check on the progress of our official blog site. :D

That seems cool!! I'm looking forward to that!!

Just wondering, did you want me to PM GunGoomba and MLDragoMaster about how we accept their help? Also, if we do, we will have to post images for the sigs. What type of sigs should we request? I was thinking about maybe a villains signature image. But it's our choice.

#59 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:25 PM

Well, I'm orf for bed now, keep up the good work!
Bring the noise.

#60 The One Who Wrote This

The One Who Wrote This

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:26 PM

What about my idea of the 2D ones against the 3D ones?

A 2D collection of 1 through 6.
Or a 3D collection of 7 through 10.

Either 6 smaller game files (and games) or 4 larger game files.

Saying that, I'd be up for both. But 7-10 probably edges it slightly!

Also, I have made a thread about it on the 3DS Buzz forums, hopefully that'll raise awareness of our desperate cause...

I never played 7-10, so I'll be leaning towards that one. Should they try to do a 2+ Disk game?

Well, I'm orf for bed now, keep up the good work!

Good night!! B)

Ok! I made an account at Final Fantasy Forums. Where and when should I go?

9:15: Also, I requested a signature page to be made and it includes Emperor Palamecia, Exdeath, and Gilgamesh. I think that would be good. :D

Edited by The One Who Wrote This, 04 July 2011 - 05:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!