• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#61 MacroManJr

MacroManJr

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:55 PM

Everything sounds good. Uh...I don't think IP.Board allows us to limit the number of choices a user can select in a poll, so if you allow people to choose multiple games, you'll have to trust that they're reasonable enough to not choose all of them. Considering how unrealistic it is to expect them to include, like, 10 of them, anyway, I think it might be better to ask people to choose a single game they want to see in the collection the most. You're expecting a lot of people to join the effort, right?

I do expect a lot of people to join the effort, but I was thinking that since some of the games of the series have smaller game disc sizes than others (particularly the older ones), and since they've already released some of these games as remakes anyways, then that could affect the size of the content on the disc, and maybe at most, we would see about the 7 to 10. About five of the larger-sized games can fit onto one 25GB game disc, so I just gave a little room for compromise between the choices of games people want the most and what number of games Square Enix would decide to do.

I don't think we'll see even 7 games on the compilation, but again, it depends on what games the voters choose most, and what Square Enix would do, so I was just ball-parking it with a best-case scenario. I'm saying that at a realistic best, we'll probably looking at 7. And at the nearly impossible-to-happen but still possible scenario, in terms of game disc space, we could see a possible 10 of the choices of certain size fit on one disc. And God forbid if Square Enix just decided to go crazy with a two-collection Collector's Edition or something! Then we COULD be looking at a 10-game compilation of classics remastered in HD. I was leaving room for all those possibilities, even the zaniest ones.

But you know what? We'll just leave it open to voters' discretion. Save us all headaches. Hahaha!
~Be about others, and you'll never be bored.~

Posted Image

#62 The One Who Wrote This

The One Who Wrote This

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    Marth, Link, Samus, Zero, & Exdeath

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:31 PM

I do expect a lot of people to join the effort, but I was thinking that since some of the games of the series have smaller game disc sizes than others (particularly the older ones), and since they've already released some of these games as remakes anyways, then that could affect the size of the content on the disc, and maybe at most, we would see about the 7 to 10. About five of the larger-sized games can fit onto one 25GB game disc, so I just gave a little room for compromise between the choices of games people want the most and what number of games Square Enix would decide to do.

I don't think we'll see even 7 games on the compilation, but again, it depends on what games the voters choose most, and what Square Enix would do, so I was just ball-parking it with a best-case scenario. I'm saying that at a realistic best, we'll probably looking at 7. And at the nearly impossible-to-happen but still possible scenario, in terms of game disc space, we could see a possible 10 of the choices of certain size fit on one disc. And God forbid if Square Enix just decided to go crazy with a two-collection Collector's Edition or something! Then we COULD be looking at a 10-game compilation of classics remastered in HD. I was leaving room for all those possibilities, even the zaniest ones.

But you know what? We'll just leave it open to voters' discretion. Save us all headaches. Hahaha!

I hope for a 2+ disc compilation, but that is unlikely!! The 1st one would be for 1-6, the 2nd for 7-12 (or 7-10 if not enough room), 3rd for 11-14 (unlikely), and 4th for Spin-offs and sequels (e.g. After Years, Dirge of Cerberus, etc.). This is far fetched, but if they have it, then I will be EXTREMELY happy! B)

As long as they do this collection for the Wii U, even if they do something different than what I hope, I'll be happy! :D

By the way, I don't think that many people use the +1 button on the bottom right of each post. I used it on yours twice. I'm surprised that they don't have a dislike button. Oh well. It's not the most important thing I guess. :D

Well, have a great night everyone!

Edited by The One Who Wrote This, 04 July 2011 - 05:33 PM.

#63 Ruthie

Ruthie

Blooper

• Writers
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Final Fantasy, Uncharted, Ratchet

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:38 PM

Rules look good. Remember to re-post them in the petition thread itself.

I thought I should let you know about the limits of polls here. A single poll on this forum can have 3 separate questions, each with up to 20 choices. Are those limits high enough for the poll you're going to run, or do they need to be raised?

Ruth isn't an admin, by the way. She's my assistant writer at Wii U Go, but doesn't have any admin privileges or anything. I'm quite busy myself, so I don't think I'll have time to lead the project as a co-admin of your blog and FB page, but I'll be happy to help you guys out in any way I (realistically) can. Besides, I think it's cool to watch the community here reach out and do something on their own. :D

I'm afraid tis' true, I'm just a lowly writer :D

But if you need any help with anything let me know B)
Assistant Writer of Wii U Go and Vita/3DS enthusiast.

#64 FroggyForce

FroggyForce

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:24 PM

Alright, I can go ahead and make more signatures, I'll just need some ideas. Also, I can make a background for the twitter page if you want.
Posted Image

#65 PK-Gaming

PK-Gaming

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ubisoft,CD Projekt,Take Two

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:25 PM

i'll be in it and i think 1-6 for the 3ds and 7-12 for wii u will be good.

Edited by PhenomxZelda, 04 July 2011 - 10:32 PM.

Posted Image

#66 Ryoni93

Ryoni93

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Final fantasy, Chrono trigger

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:45 AM

I'm sooo supporting this! :D and ok, I know you allready got tons of signatures, but I'm making one for myself right now B) when I'm finished, you may take it if you like it...
Yeah my favorite zelda game is not Ocarina of Time, It's Majoras mask! Live with it!
ps. chrono trigger is the best game ever....
Posted Image Posted Image

#67 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:15 AM

You gotta remember though that both Final Fantasy 11 and 14 are MMORPGs.
So we will never be seeing those, because honestly they will take up far too much space and nobody cares about 'em anyway.
Bring the noise.

#68 The One Who Wrote This

The One Who Wrote This

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    Marth, Link, Samus, Zero, & Exdeath

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:27 AM

i'll be in it and i think 1-6 for the 3ds and 7-12 for wii u will be good.

That does sound like a better idea. 7-12 would seem better suited on a console than 1-6. 1-6 in my opinion are good for on the go battling and playing.

BUT, if they put all (or like the top 7) of the Fantasies onto the Wii U with an HD update, it would look pretty cool!

My top seven (only FFV5 I have played in this list [and are not in order]) that I hope will come to the Wii U:

I want to try new games, so that's why I included those ones (7, 8 , 9, 10, 12, and 6).

I doubt that they will put 14 or 11 because they seem to be MMORPGs. I am not sure if they'll add 13.

But hey, that's just me.

Hey guys! You should try GunGoomba and MLDragoMaster's thread! They make very good signature pictures as well (FroggyForce made the Operation Moogle logo and it looks wonderful as well). My Exdeath/Gilgamesh picture is an example of GunGoomba's work. Perfect for a Final Fantasy 5 villain picture. :D

There are 3 rules:

"You MUST Post the image/link.
You have to say if you want a colored background or a different kind.
All Sig Requests must be kept Forum Appropiate."

Quoted from their thread.
Thread link: http://thewiiu.com/t...omaster-thread/

I'm sooo supporting this! :D and ok, I know you allready got tons of signatures, but I'm making one for myself right now B) when I'm finished, you may take it if you like it...

Sounds good!! I'll be looking forward to that!!

Edited by The One Who Wrote This, 05 July 2011 - 05:26 AM.

#69 MacroManJr

MacroManJr

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:53 AM

Okay, guys, I'm now adding the final touches to writing the introductory post for the petition thread! We should be ready for business today!

Also, I'm working on three videos for our YouTube channel:

• A "Getting Involved with Operation Moogle" video, where I'll quickly walk people through how to sign the petition and vote in the poll, and what they can do to help support Operation Moogle.
  • A montage video of the best cinematic moments of the Final Fantasy franchise, of a light tone with a light Final Fantasy theme song, to inspire people even more about the compilation (particularly those who like the lighter-toned ones).
  • A montage video of more best cinematic moments of the Final Fantasy franchise, of a darker tone with a dark Final Fantasy theme song--again, to inspire emotion for this compilation (particularly those who like the darker-toned ones).

I'm way open to suggestions about the "best cinematic moments" (or, at least, your personal favorites). I'm shooting for the first video to be about 3-4 minutes; and the montage videos to be about 2-3 minutes each.

Also, suggestions for the theme song to play for the montages are much welcomed (including alternate and remix versions of classic Final Fantasy themes)! So far, for the second darker-toned Final Fantasy montage video, I'm thinking using part of this, and for rather obvious reasons:

\m/

What do you folks think?

Also, sorry if I haven't gotten back with some of your messages to me yet. I'll attend every single one, after I make some more time to get to them. You are not ignored! I'm McLovin' this experience, and I like hearing responses from you with our Operation Moogle!

Finally, I'm about, say, 50% done with the official Operation Moogle website, so check it out so far and keep tabs on changes made periodically throughout the day. And as always, your feedback is appreciated! :D

Edited by MacroManJr, 05 July 2011 - 07:55 AM.

Posted Image

#70 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:22 AM

Cool. :D
Bring the noise.

#71 MacroManJr

MacroManJr

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:02 AM

Okay, Feld0, I'm ready to start the Petition Thread and Poll. So, I just have to start it as another thread and you'll give that thread a dedicated spot, right?

Posted Image

#72 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:03 AM

Hey! How do I join or... well whatever?? This is a great idea and I love FF!! :D (This is the reason I joined the forum xD)

Posted Image

#73 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:11 AM

Okay, Feld0, I'm ready to start the Petition Thread and Poll. So, I just have to start it as another thread and you'll give that thread a dedicated spot, right?

Yep. :D

#74 MacroManJr

MacroManJr

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:14 AM

Hey! How do I join or... well whatever?? This is a great idea and I love FF!! :D (This is the reason I joined the forum xD)

Working on the thread where the Petition and Poll will take place right now. Such be up and running pretty soon (I'm talking within 10 minutes or so). And then I'll direct you to that thread. All the instructions will be there for your easy participation.

And thanks for your support for Operation Moogle and for joining the forum! We're a chilled bunch of folks! B)

Edited by MacroManJr, 05 July 2011 - 10:14 AM.

Posted Image

#75 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:31 AM

Hey, dude, are you going to send me the videos or something, or maybe you want total access to the Youtube page? Please do let me know so I can be ready :D
Also-

This is epic, we should use it xD
Posted Image

#76 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:45 AM

Working on the thread where the Petition and Poll will take place right now. Such be up and running pretty soon (I'm talking within 10 minutes or so). And then I'll direct you to that thread. All the instructions will be there for your easy participation.

And thanks for your support for Operation Moogle and for joining the forum! We're a chilled bunch of folks! B)

K, thanks :D

Posted Image

#77 MacroManJr

MacroManJr

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:52 AM

It's reeeeeaaaddyyyyy! Okay, Feld0, I've finished! And gang, you can leave your signatures and cast your votes! Just read the quick instructions and have at it!

Link to the Operation Moogle Petition Thread and Poll: http://thewiiu.com/t...hread-and-poll/

Edited by MacroManJr, 05 July 2011 - 10:53 AM.

Posted Image

#78 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:54 AM

I've pinned the The Operation Moogle Petition Thread and Poll for you MacroManJr for the time being. If Operation Moogle gets its own section on the forumin the future, me or Feld0 will move it there. Even though I'm not an FF fan, I'm interested to see where this petition goes.

#79 MacroManJr

MacroManJr

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:02 AM

I've pinned the The Operation Moogle Petition Thread and Poll for you MacroManJr for the time being. If Operation Moogle gets its own section on the forumin the future, me or Feld0 will move it there. Even though I'm not an FF fan, I'm interested to see where this petition goes.

Thanks! Appreciate it!

Hey, dude, are you going to send me the videos or something, or maybe you want total access to the Youtube page? Please do let me know so I can be ready :D
Also-

This is epic, we should use it xD

Yeah, I can send the videos to you when I'm done with something, or we could even share a Dropbox folder (if you're familiar with Dropbox). Any way is fine with me! And that song is definitely a good consideration for the lighter-toned video montage! Boss theme music from a recent popular hit with nostalgic 8-bit flair--that's says "fandom" all day!

Posted Image

#80 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:10 AM

I want to be a part of this petition. I played FF XIII and loved it, now i want to get the other games and this would be the easiest way for me to get the games.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!