• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 DanDudeism

DanDudeism

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:00 AM

Wouldn't Minecraft on Wii U be awesome. If you think so sign the petition to bring it on to this console at: http://www.change.or...nintendo-wii-u#

#2 ChrisD

ChrisD

Nyah, see! Nyah!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    PCSoTendo. Because fanboyism is dumb.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:13 AM

Err, forgive me if I'm incorrect, but doesn't Microsoft basically own any rights to Minecraft on consoles? That is, if they own the development team (their name slips my mind, sorry) that codes everything over for consoles, they may as well own the rights to the game (console-wise). So even if Mojang went ahead and made a "Minecraft Wii U Edition" it would mean nothing. They'd need an entire new development team.

Again, I'm not sure if Microsoft own the company or not, but I'd imagine they have some form of legal exclusivity to bind the developers since Minecraft is big bucks you wouldn't want to let go of.

However something worth noting is that since patching on Wii U is said to be so easy the game would fit quite nicely. I'm not against the idea because of what the Wii U could do for Minecraft, I'm just not convinced that it's possible, is all. It'd be pretty sweet playing "portable" Minecraft!

#3 Spinal

Spinal

Blooper

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

Err, forgive me if I'm incorrect, but doesn't Microsoft basically own any rights to Minecraft on consoles? That is, if they own the development team (their name slips my mind, sorry) that codes everything over for consoles, they may as well own the rights to the game (console-wise). So even if Mojang went ahead and made a "Minecraft Wii U Edition" it would mean nothing. They'd need an entire new development team.

Again, I'm not sure if Microsoft own the company or not, but I'd imagine they have some form of legal exclusivity to bind the developers since Minecraft is big bucks you wouldn't want to let go of.

However something worth noting is that since patching on Wii U is said to be so easy the game would fit quite nicely. I'm not against the idea because of what the Wii U could do for Minecraft, I'm just not convinced that it's possible, is all. It'd be pretty sweet playing "portable" Minecraft!

they do.

I would love to see minecraft on wii u, and i belive it would fit perfect with the gamepad... but like stated above, it won't happend :(
Posted Image

#4 Walau

Walau

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

I wish this could happen.

#5 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:06 AM

At the moment they do own the rights for minecraft on consoles, however, I heard that the rights for this run out next year, So hopefully, they will be free to develop for any console if they want too.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#6 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

I don't understand how the Ouya will have Minecraft if the 360 has exclusive rights.

Posted Image

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

I'd like this too, but all these petitions are reminiscent of the early days of 3dsforums.com where everyone made petitions and thought they'd work.
Are you a member there by chance?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

Not to sound mean here but I hate Minecraft I wouldn't want to see that filth on my Wii U. Plus it's not going to happen anyway.

#9 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

I don't want it to come on Wii U it's gonna be a crappy PC port like the 360 Edition.

#10 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

I don't understand how the Ouya will have Minecraft if the 360 has exclusive rights.

Probably because the Ouya is an Android based device so its no different then releasing the game on Android phones and tablets. Microsoft's exclusivity probably doesn't include that.

#11 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

I find it odd that the company wouldn't have tried to sell the rights to All console makers I mean come on they would rake in the dough

wjapt2.jpg

#12 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

I find it odd that the company wouldn't have tried to sell the rights to All console makers I mean come on they would rake in the dough

I don't think you understand. It's not a question of selling rights to all console makers. They don't need to sell the rights to anyone in order to publish abd release their game. Microsoft paid them money and most likely gave them a special deal regards marketing and promotion as well as possibly a better percentage on the revenue generated. The actual details aren't known to anyone else but it was probably worth while to the developer to allow it to be exclusive. They most likely made the deal sweet enough for them to release the game exclusively on the Xbox for a specific amount of time.

#13 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

I don't think you understand. It's not a question of selling rights to all console makers. They don't need to sell the rights to anyone in order to publish abd release their game. Microsoft paid them money and most likely gave them a special deal regards marketing and promotion as well as possibly a better percentage on the revenue generated. The actual details aren't known to anyone else but it was probably worth while to the developer to allow it to be exclusive. They most likely made the deal sweet enough for them to release the game exclusively on the Xbox for a specific amount of time.

no offense but................CAPTAIN OBVIOUS...................... what i ment was they "should've shopped around"

wjapt2.jpg

#14 ChrisD

ChrisD

Nyah, see! Nyah!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

Not to sound mean here but I hate Minecraft I wouldn't want to see that filth on my Wii U. Plus it's not going to happen anyway.

Not offended by this in the slightest, as I myself have kind of been "Minecrafted out" after playing a good 300+ hours of it. However I could also say the same about that filth Call of Duty. Or that filth Ninja Gaiden. Or even that filth ZombiU! But I don't go around needlessly posting about it. That'd be like going into every thread for said games just to say, "I'mma letchu discuss, but this game is filth and I wish it wasn't here!" It would simply be spam, which frankly I think your post kind of was.

That wasn't meant to be an insult though. As I said, I understand that you don't like the game, and I can respect that. But the post just had no reason to be here since the liking of the game is not what is being discussed here.

I don't want it to come on Wii U it's gonna be a crappy PC port like the 360 Edition.

It's definitely behind for sure. But it's the only version that you can realistically play locally with other players, and I'd almost go so far as to say I prefer it for that reason alone. There's nothing comparable on the PC version to you sitting on a couch with a few friends to play '360 Edition' for a few hours. Not to mention the controller is quite a nice fit with the custom Crafting Interface; it's almost hard to play PC again after becoming accustomed to one-press crafting.

#15 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

Not offended by this in the slightest, as I myself have kind of been "Minecrafted out" after playing a good 300+ hours of it. However I could also say the same about that filth Call of Duty. Or that filth Ninja Gaiden. Or even that filth ZombiU! But I don't go around needlessly posting about it. That'd be like going into every thread for said games just to say, "I'mma letchu discuss, but this game is filth and I wish it wasn't here!" It would simply be spam, which frankly I think your post kind of was.

That wasn't meant to be an insult though. As I said, I understand that you don't like the game, and I can respect that. But the post just had no reason to be here since the liking of the game is not what is being discussed here.

Sorry but you are wrong. I said it wasn't coming to Wii U anyway. So your post had no reason to be here since your argument is invalid.

#16 WMT1st

WMT1st

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • NNID:WolfeDude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and ZombiU

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

I'm saying yes on this!

35i3i3d.jpg

#17 ChrisD

ChrisD

Nyah, see! Nyah!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

Sorry but you are wrong. I said it wasn't coming to Wii U anyway. So your post had no reason to be here since your argument is invalid.

But you can't say that unless you work under Mojang. People said that Sonic would never be with Mario twenty years ago. But lo and behold, today they appear on the same systems, and many times in the same game of all things. So, I don't really see how my argument is invalid. Especially since it wasn't an argument, but rather a statement.

I do see, however, that this is going off-topic. If you wish to further discuss this please PM me and we can talk there. I apologize, DanDudeism, for posting relatively pointlessly here.

#18 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

Probably because the Ouya is an Android based device so its no different then releasing the game on Android phones and tablets. Microsoft's exclusivity probably doesn't include that.

But on the flip side, it's still a console.

Posted Image

#19 Spinal

Spinal

Blooper

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

it was already out on android phones before 360.
Posted Image

#20 JoshZebra

JoshZebra

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

I'd like Minecraft on the 3DS or Vita, something about those sort of games on a portable console which just feels right haha.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wii u games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!