#21 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

it was already out on android phones before 360.

You are missing the point. The Ouya is a console. Microsoft got CONSOLE exclusive rights over Minecraft. It doesn't make sense.

Posted Image

#22 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

no offense but................CAPTAIN OBVIOUS...................... what i ment was they "should've shopped around"

No offense but before you go round insulting other people's intelligence you might want to think carefully about what you post and actually make sense. There was nothing what so ever obvious about your post and if anything it was full of misconceptions.

#23 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

No offense but before you go round insulting other people's intelligence you might want to think carefully about what you post and actually make sense. There was nothing what so ever obvious about your post and if anything it was full of misconceptions.

Edited by Zinix, 16 December 2012 - 09:52 AM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#24 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

But on the flip side, it's still a console.

Maybe its regarded as a console and maybe it isn't. It's still an Android device and Minecraft is already on Android devices.

You are missing the point. The Ouya is a console. Microsoft got CONSOLE exclusive rights over Minecraft. It doesn't make sense.

I think you're the one missing the point. First off there is already an Android version of the game. Secondly none of us which is you included no the actual nature of the deal Microsoft made and what exactly it includes and excludes.

#25 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

Sure! I'll go with it!

#26 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

IWANTIT but I'll probably NOTGETIT. Thank's Micro$oft :) much love as always

#27 8BitDisaster

8BitDisaster

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Inu-Yasha, DaH, LSOH, Mega Man, Mario

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

I'd like to see this happen. Never played minecraft before.

scanty_and_kneesocks_transform_by_tdi_gw

Steam - 8BitDisaster

Tumblr - 8BitDisaster

#28 Blue22

Blue22

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • NNID:SockNinja!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

Probably because the Ouya is an Android based device so its no different then releasing the game on Android phones and tablets. Microsoft's exclusivity probably doesn't include that.

That means mojang could only release the pocket edition

on the ouya, and it's completely pointless to have pocket

edition on a console when there's better versions for PC

and Xbox 360.

This thread is just a big argument. You guys know that,

right?

#29 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

Not to sound mean here but I hate Minecraft I wouldn't want to see that filth on my Wii U. Plus it's not going to happen anyway.

Oww thats harsh... Why is that so? :o
Posted Image

#30 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • NNID:Scooter_Johnson

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:34 AM

wouldnt bother buddy, its not on playstation 3 aswell

#31 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:43 AM

Its definately coming to wii u.... Just not through mojang.

Just like it came to android before pocket edition existed, and just like how it was brought to the ds.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#32 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:04 AM

notch has stated once before that it would suit the Wii U, (something like that, thats literally all hes said) BUT Microsofts contract with the game is going to run out next year, who says notch won't place it on the Wii U (won't be hard seeing as it can just be the tablet version ported over and upscaled).

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#33 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • NNID:HalfName
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:52 AM

Its definately coming to wii u.... Just not through mojang.

Just like it came to android before pocket edition existed, and just like how it was brought to the ds.

It wasn't "brought" to the DS, it was ported by homebrew developers (Plus that version sucks ass)
So, no, probably won't come to the Wii U, maybe by homebrew but for that you'd need to hack the Wii U, currently there is no hack and whoever does it is an ass.

Minecraft will always be massively better on PC anyway, although it'd work out alot better than 360 due to alot of RAM.

FmEkJ2.gif

#34 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

It wasn't "brought" to the DS, it was ported by homebrew developers (Plus that version sucks ass)
So, no, probably won't come to the Wii U, maybe by homebrew but for that you'd need to hack the Wii U, currently there is no hack and whoever does it is an ass.

Minecraft will always be massively better on PC anyway, although it'd work out alot better than 360 due to alot of RAM.

lol. Reading comprehension failure.

About the wii u being hacked:

mu6fj.png

And cry about homebrew all you want. Its legal, so you can suck it.

Edited by 3Dude, 17 April 2013 - 08:17 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#35 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

lol. Reading comprehension failure.

About the wii u being hacked:

mu6fj.png

And cry about homebrew all you want. Its legal, so you can suck it.

That's a guy, who posted that on the internet saying "it's hacked" doesn't mean it is. He's yet to release the "hack" (read that in the most sarcastic way possible please), and has been for ahwile.

Homebrew is legal, but porting a game someone already made to people so they can play it for free, isn't, and of course, people only hack stuff to pirate games, I can't name one, original homebrew game that isn't cripe.

Edited by Half, 17 April 2013 - 01:51 PM.

FmEkJ2.gif

#36 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:11 AM

That's a guy, who posted that on the internet saying "it's hacked" doesn't mean it is. He's yet to release the "hack" (read that in the most sarcastic way possible please), and has been for ahwile.
Homebrew is legal, but porting a game someone already made to people so they can play it for free, isn't, and of course, people only hack stuff to pirate games, I can't name one, original homebrew game that isn't cripe.

Minecrafts graphic and sound code is open source, as well as its textures.

Why do you think there are so many minecraft mods? Many of which get incorporated into future actual minecraft updates?

And soon, notch will release minecraft itself as open source.

Pretty much the only thing you cant do is cpy and paste and SELL minecraft.

Also i highly suspect you have never PLAYED any homebrew games and are full to your eyeballs of confirmation bias.

3.1 Harmonium
3.3 MahJongg Wii
3.4 Piero's Wiicross
3.6 Super Mario War Wii
3.7 WiiEarth
3.8 Scogger
3.9 MyLittleBall
3.10 WiiXplorer
3.11 PlasmaRaketti
3.12 Smashing!
3.13 WiiX-Ball
3.14 Wii Double Down
3.15 WiiMC
4 Nominations
4.1 Wiiero
4.2 Giddy
4.3 WiiPhysics
4.5 Wiispace
4.6 GuitarsOnFire
4.7 WiiRadio
4.9 DragonMedia Player
4.10 MPlayer CE
4.11 Rick Dangerous Wii
4.12 The Ur-Quan Masters
4.13 Psycho
4.14 StillAliveWii
4.15 TetWiis
4.17 The Prophecy
4.18 Yahtzwii

These are all fantastic original homebrew applications and games for wii.

And then their is boot mii. Which means you have an unbrickable wii. Thats pretty nice.

But please, dont let your ignorance and predisposition stop you.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#37 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

Minecrafts graphic and sound code is open source, as well as its textures.

Why do you think there are so many minecraft mods? Many of which get incorporated into future actual minecraft updates?

And soon, notch will release minecraft itself as open source.

Pretty much the only thing you cant do is cpy and paste and SELL minecraft.

Also i highly suspect you have never PLAYED any homebrew games and are full to your eyeballs of confirmation bias.

These are all fantastic original homebrew applications and games for wii.

And then their is boot mii. Which means you have an unbrickable wii. Thats pretty nice.

But please, dont let your ignorance and predisposition stop you.

You're kidding right? All of those are on the level of poor flash games, or remakes of old games that don't belong to them, I have played them, and yes, Minecraft's assets are open-source, but ripping the game then giving it away for free is PIRACY.

And your Wii wouldn't brick if you didn't hack it to steal games to begin with.

And I loled at "original" so hard. NONE of them are original.

FmEkJ2.gif

#38 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

Half, on 18 Apr 2013 - 04:14 AM, said:You're kidding right? All of those are on the level of poor flash games, or remakes of old games that don't belong to them, I have played them, and yes, Minecraft's assets are open-source, but ripping the game then giving it away for free is PIRACY.

You cant rip minecraft and give it away for free, as the gamecode is obsfucated by mojang so it cant simply be ripped. No one has EVER done this, and this case wont be any different.

They are ALL original, in exactly the way I implied. They are all coded from the ground up by the person who made it, or ported by the original content creator.

Most also have completely new levels and content, which you would know if you actually did play any of them, which its hilariously clear you did nothing more than google search images and wrote a response.

OMG NO WAY!!! THE GRAFFIX OF GAMES MADE BY ONE PERSON ARENT AS GOOD AS GAMES WITH A HUNDRED PERSON TEAM AND A $20 MILLION BUDGET???? YOU MEAN TO TELL ME MINECRAFT DOESNT LOOKS AS GOOD AS BATTLEFIELD 3??? MUST BE A rainbowTY FLASH GAME HUR HUR HUR!!!

Get real dude.

And nintendo bricked tens of thousands of unnmodded wiis with volatile and poorly coded firmware. Its the incident that was the motivation for bootmii to be able to save bricked wii's.

And original content and open source material is not stealing games.

Not surprisingly, you are once again completely wrong on all accounts. Good job.

Edited by 3Dude, 18 April 2013 - 11:20 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#39 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

Half, on 18 Apr 2013 - 04:14 AM, said:You're kidding right? All of those are on the level of poor flash games, or remakes of old games that don't belong to them, I have played them, and yes, Minecraft's assets are open-source, but ripping the game then giving it away for free is PIRACY.

You cant rip minecraft and give it away for free, as the gamecode is obsfucated by mojang so it cant simply be ripped. No one has EVER done this, and this case wont be any different.

They are ALL original, in exactly the way I implied. They are all coded from the ground up by the person who made it, or ported by the original content creator.

Most also have completely new levels and content, which you would know if you actually did play any of them, which its hilariously clear you did nothing more than google search images and wrote a response.

OMG NO WAY!!! THE GRAFFIX OF GAMES MADE BY ONE PERSON ARENT AS GOOD AS GAMES WITH A HUNDRED PERSON TEAM AND A $20 MILLION BUDGET???? YOU MEAN TO TELL ME MINECRAFT DOESNT LOOKS AS GOOD AS BATTLEFIELD 3??? MUST BE A rainbowTY FLASH GAME HUR HUR HUR!!!

Get real dude.

And nintendo bricked tens of thousands of unnmodded wiis with volatile and poorly coded firmware. Its the incident that was the motivation for bootmii to be able to save bricked wii's.

And original content and open source material is not stealing games.

Not surprisingly, you are once again completely wrong on all accounts. Good job.

Eh? When the hell did I say anything about graphics? Are you mad? I meant flash games as in 4 week development by a IT student. They even have competitions for people to make a game as quick as possible.

So, you're saying, I make a game, that's a 2D platformer, with a italian plumber named mario, make it 16-bit style graphics, but replace goombas with apes, and it's original? Because I'd call that a skin. Plus, it is a rip, in exactly the way I implied (If that's supposed to work for you, then it works for me) it's a port, an unofficial free port that Mojang had nothing to do with and requires a flash cart, which is illegal. What don't you get about that? And like I said, I played them. And also, I've had a Wii since release, it's fine, don't blame people's rainbowty treatment on Nintendo.

Also, no quote? In a rush from searching google or just shy? xD

Edited by Half, 18 April 2013 - 12:09 PM.

FmEkJ2.gif

#40 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

Eh? When the hell did I say anything about graphics? Are you mad? I meant flash games as in 4 week development by a IT student. They even have competitions for people to make a game as quick as possible.

So, you're saying, I make a game, that's a 2D platformer, with a italian plumber named mario, make it 16-bit style graphics, but replace goombas with apes, and it's original? Because I'd call that a skin. Plus, it is a rip, in exactly the way I implied (If that's supposed to work for you, then it works for me) it's a port, an unofficial free port that Mojang had nothing to do with and requires a flash cart, which is illegal. What don't you get about that? And like I said, I played them. And also, I've had a Wii since release, it's fine, don't blame people's rainbowty treatment on Nintendo.

Also, no quote? In a rush from searching google or just shy? xD

The quote button is busted for some people since they made changes to the site.  Graphics came into it because one person working on a homebrew game isn't going to have the resources, time, or expertise to deliver really good visuals, he was saying that yes, it is pretty low quality in terms of production value (you referred to them as flash games) and gave you the reason for that.

Also, "jailbreaking" devices is not illegal so long as the method is not used for financial gain and the access doesn't lead to a sub market.  If Mojang decides to make the game open source, it is perfectly legal for someone to release the game on any platform they like, but would be required to license the game under open source rules themselves, and could not sell it for a profit.  They can sell support and I'm not sure but they may be able to charge to recoup costs of development.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wii u games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!