Photo

If the Vita does not have a system seller by October, it WILL die.

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 A-Leal

A-Leal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • NNID:A-Leal

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

I was wondering if it would be. I'm just on the fence with it. I don't think I'd enjoy it as much as Brawl if I have no attachment to over half the roster.

I do enjoy Pikmin and some of those PSN titles look nice. But they seem more like something to buy if you already have a PSV rather than something to make you buy it. I'll keep them in mind by the time the price drops/bundles pop up. Thanks. :)

It's really fun, Brawl has more content, but All-Stars content may be less but what it has is awesome. But I would wait for a price drop.

A-Leal.png Nintendo Network ID: A-Leal 

#22 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

I do enjoy Pikmin and some of those PSN titles look nice. But they seem more like something to buy if you already have a PSV rather than something to make you buy it. I'll keep them in mind by the time the price drops/bundles pop up. Thanks. :)

Yeah, like I was said, "Not the most amazing lineup for a must go out and buy". Though I was just sort of pointing it out for if you bought one for those select three games you could possibly look forward for more.

It's really fun, Brawl has more content, but All-Stars content may be less but what it has is awesome. But I would wait for a price drop.

Beta to me seemed kind of lame. Everyone used the same character to sort of camp out a corner & use the same move so yeah a price drop would be best.

Edited by UnholyVision, 16 January 2013 - 11:03 AM.

#23 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Spoiler
​And that's just the currently announced stuff. For all we know, this year could also bring a smattering of localizations from Japan, such as Project X Zone or Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney.

Definitely some promise there but it is clear which one's will sell (first party) and which ones wont (third party).

Actually, assuming you're using VGChartz, Angry Birds 3DS has only sold about 250,000 units sold worldwide.

Plus, LEGO Star Wars 3 sold more than 460,000 copies in NA alone, so...yeah.

http://www.vgchartz....the-clone-wars/ <---460K copies in NA, 750K copies worldwide.

I was going by an NPD leak that was posted on NeoGAF, considering VGChartz reliability is definitely questionable I'd say an NPD leak is more reliable at this point.
http://www.neogaf.co...&postcount=1416

Point is, third party 3DS sales are still poor. RE:R is being ported to home consoles since the 3DS version didn't do well enough for Capcom, had it been released on the Vita in the first place it would have without a doubt sold more than it has on the 3DS.

Beta to me seemed kind of lame. Everyone used the same character to sort of camp out a corner & use the same move so yeah a price drop would be best.

Beta had a much more limited range of characters. I find it to be a nice change of pace from SSB, seems more skill based and encourages more forethought in how you play.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#24 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

The 3DS' defining year? With what games...?

Here's some of the currently announced Vita games for this year:

• Killzone - Mercenary
  • Tearaway
  • Gods Eater 2
  • Dead or Alive 5+
  • Ninja Gaiden - Sigma 2+
  • Soul Sacrifice
Not an amazing list but personally with all the games I got at the end of last year I'll be busy with my Vita for quite some time while my 3DS is collecting dust.

These games wont significantly boost Vita sales but they are some of the bigger titles that we know of at this point. I am hopeful that Sony is smart enough to have some big game announcements for E3 or elsewhere later in the year. A big first party title like God of War would definitely do the Vita well but at this point we can only hope there is one in the works, there were rumours that the Vita was getting a new MGS title so we'll also have to wait and see on that.

The Vita's highest selling game in the US last year was CoD:BOD that sold 317,000 units, the game that was slammed by critics for being utter crap and yet it sold the most copies on the system. It just goes to show that these people aren't after quality games, just names they recognise. Compare this to RE:R, arguably the best game on the 3DS on the 3DS, that sold less than 200,000 units in the US since its release it really shows you what kind of gamers are buying each of these systems. On top of this the highest selling third party title on the 3DS in its lifetime is Angry Birds with over 400,000 units sold.

It is also worth mentioning there is word of a Vita price drop sometime this year so that's something to keep an eye out for also.

The Vita will not die by October... It's not a system with mass appeal like the 3DS so it's going to take longer to pick up just like the PSP, the games will continue to come at a reasonable pace and we can only hope they announce more throughout the year; until then we can only wait.

Falser words have never been spoken.

Sly Cooper is coming out in February I think, it's pretty much the same as the PS3 version but I think they are offering cross buy on it so if you buy the PS3 version you get both.

Only Sly and Katamari interest you on the Vita?

What games?

Let's see:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Pokemon X and Y
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Castlevania MOF
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates of Infinity
Shin Megami Tensei
Etrian Odyssey 4
Naruto Powerful Shippuden
Monster Hunters 4
Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney
Professor Layton 6
Legend of Zelda (rumored to be announced at E3)
Donkey Kong (Same as Zelda)
Project x Zone

That's plenty of games, and there's more to be unveiled at E3.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#25 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

"Die" is a strong word here I think, but maybe I'm just really hopeful for some sort of turnaround. I'll agree with others that the Vita doesn't have much to offer compared to the 3DS. Sure, personaly tastes come to mind, but I think the 3DS has had more bigger titles, especially in recent times and it's expected that more will come considering its success in Japan.

#26 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

The 3DS' defining year? With what games...?

Here's some of the currently announced Vita games for this year:

• Killzone - Mercenary
  • Tearaway
  • Gods Eater 2
  • Dead or Alive 5+
  • Ninja Gaiden - Sigma 2+
  • Soul Sacrifice
Not an amazing list but personally with all the games I got at the end of last year I'll be busy with my Vita for quite some time while my 3DS is collecting dust.

These games wont significantly boost Vita sales but they are some of the bigger titles that we know of at this point. I am hopeful that Sony is smart enough to have some big game announcements for E3 or elsewhere later in the year. A big first party title like God of War would definitely do the Vita well but at this point we can only hope there is one in the works, there were rumours that the Vita was getting a new MGS title so we'll also have to wait and see on that.

The Vita's highest selling game in the US last year was CoD:BOD that sold 317,000 units, the game that was slammed by critics for being utter crap and yet it sold the most copies on the system. It just goes to show that these people aren't after quality games, just names they recognise. Compare this to RE:R, arguably the best game on the 3DS on the 3DS, that sold less than 200,000 units in the US since its release it really shows you what kind of gamers are buying each of these systems. On top of this the highest selling third party title on the 3DS in its lifetime is Angry Birds with over 400,000 units sold.

It is also worth mentioning there is word of a Vita price drop sometime this year so that's something to keep an eye out for also.

The Vita will not die by October... It's not a system with mass appeal like the 3DS so it's going to take longer to pick up just like the PSP, the games will continue to come at a reasonable pace and we can only hope they announce more throughout the year; until then we can only wait.

Falser words have never been spoken.

Sly Cooper is coming out in February I think, it's pretty much the same as the PS3 version but I think they are offering cross buy on it so if you buy the PS3 version you get both.

Only Sly and Katamari interest you on the Vita?

I have a Vita and Ps3 Its not false words. Open your eyes. Where is the support besides terrible spin offs and JRPGS?
Posted Image

#27 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

I have a Vita and Ps3 Its not false words. Open your eyes. Where is the support besides terrible spin offs and JRPGS?

I was referring to the PSP comment you made, the system had a heck of a lot of support. The Vita's support is increasing, compare the Vita to the 3DS at the same point in its lifespan and you'll find that it did not have much support either.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#28 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

I was referring to the PSP comment you made, the system had a heck of a lot of support. The Vita's support is increasing, compare the Vita to the 3DS at the same point in its lifespan and you'll find that it did not have much support either.

The psp support was very finnicky. American companies didn't touch it. Very few people I knew even had one. It was ridiculously under-powered. the Vita is a powerhouse with no games.
Posted Image

#29 BMO

BMO

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Fandom:
    Adventure Time,MH,Street Fighter, MGS

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Point is, third party 3DS sales are still poor. RE:R is being ported to home consoles since the 3DS version didn't do well enough for Capcom, had it been released on the Vita in the first place it would have without a doubt sold more than it has on the 3DS.

Posted Image

The game basically bombed on the 3DS, so why would it do better on a dying handheld?

Posted Image

#30 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

The game basically bombed on the 3DS, so why would it do better on a dying handheld?

Dying system? The PSV may not be selling like hot cakes but it's far from dying.

Different types of gamers are buying these two systems, as I said earlier, CoD on Vita sold 317,000 in the US alone last year which is more than RE:R sold since its release early in the year. On top of this there are a range of other Vita titles, like ACIII:L and U:GA, that have sold around the same or more than RE:R, considering how many more 3DS systems have been sold that says a lot about the type of gamers that are buying the system.

RE:R is arguably one of the best games on the 3DS, it didn't bomb because of its quality or brand recognition but rather it is not a game suited to the 3DS; hence them now porting the game to other systems.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#31 Dusean17

Dusean17

Blooper

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:
    PATAPON | LBP | DIGIMON | ZELDA | KIRBY

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

What games?

Let's see:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Pokemon X and Y
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Castlevania MOF
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates of Infinity
Shin Megami Tensei
Etrian Odyssey 4
Naruto Powerful Shippuden
Monster Hunters 4
Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney
Professor Layton 6
Legend of Zelda (rumored to be announced at E3)
Donkey Kong (Same as Zelda)
Project x Zone

That's plenty of games, and there's more to be unveiled at E3.

Don't start this....please don't because the 3DS is region locked so some of those games might not even be available and as for E3 every console gets games at E3 PS3, PS Vita, PSP (even), 3DS, Wii U and even the Wii.

Can we stop with this superior console carp crap.

PS Vita isn't dying, a console isn't dead unless the company gives up on it and SONY consoles always start off slow so why are you bringing this up like its something new? O.o

The psp support was very finnicky. American companies didn't touch it. Very few people I knew even had one. It was ridiculously under-powered. the Vita is a powerhouse with no games.

Hit the buzzer because that's a wrong answer the PSP was also considered a powerhouse back then and I will without a doubt admit DS was a much much better system without all the power, but don't act as if the Vita has no games, just no games you are interested in....
Your choice preference maybe you want games that have a more child appropriate status I don't know but please don't try and contradict a fresh new handheld without knowing your facts... >_>

God forget everything I said, people never listen....this will go no where

PlayStationUnityampNintendoUnitySingleSi

To visit my Nintendo Channel click the link above, to visit my PlayStation Channel click here.

#32 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

Beta had a much more limited range of characters. I find it to be a nice change of pace from SSB, seems more skill based and encourages more forethought in how you play.

Well yeah I would figure as much. Yet I still say go for the lower prices regardless based off how the game has those players. Same way as I basically feel about a lot of fighter games that are not so evenly matched to have someone sort of exploit it. Making the main focus of most players using a select character for said reasons. Not much fun when you get in games where everyone is using the KillZone guy because of its corner camping abilities. Maybe some extra characters added in to smooth that out a little, but I still call a spade is a spade.

What games?

Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Shin Megami Tensei, Etrian Odyssey, & Monster Hunter are going to sell, but not flying off the shelves in the western world. Surely not going to inspire hundreds to go out and buy a 3DS. Not many really bought a PS3 or PSV, over similar games like Rune Factory, Persona 4 Golden, Ragnarok Odyssey, or Disgaea 3. People sure as heck didn't rush out of there way to buy a 3DS for the Harvest Moon games either (Given the one before New Beginnings was a crappy port). What makes any other of Atlus, Natsume, Capcom, et cetera RPG and/or farming style simulator better or worse to strike the western world in such a great degree to need a 3DS? In no way am I saying these games do not sell, but they sure as heck are not top sellers in this part of the world. Usually only get about 2 - 12 copies of some of these types of games to a stores shelf to never really get restocked afterwards. Sadly this is just the case for said genre -_- (Unless you're something like Square Enix that stocks the shelves to much. To always have like fifteen copies sitting on the shelves collecting dust. At least that is how it is in my area).

#33 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Don't start this....please don't because the 3DS is region locked so some of those games might not even be available and as for E3 every console gets games at E3 PS3, PS Vita, PSP (even), 3DS, Wii U and even the Wii.

PS Vita isn't dying, a console isn't dead unless the company gives up on it and SONY consoles always start off slow so why are you bringing this up like its something new? O.o

Hit the buzzer because that's a wrong answer the PSP was also considered a powerhouse back then and I will without a doubt admit DS was a much much better system without all the power, but don't act as if the Vita has no games, just no games you are interested in....
Your choice preference maybe you want games that have a more child appropriate status I don't know but please don't try and contradict a fresh new handheld without knowing your facts... >_>

Im getting Bioshock infinite, Aliens, dead space 3, god of war... Yeah.. I like kid games. I love almost every game and I love my Vita. But the support is god awful.
Posted Image

#34 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

I personally fell the 3ds is currently the better hand held but the vita has much more potential and will probably become the better hand held in the next year or so.

#35 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

All of those games i listed are confirmed to come out for North America (well maybe not Project x Zone)

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#36 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

Vita is all about console gaming experience on the go. Which it fails to deliver. For example, why is CoD Declassified so bad? If that would've been a really good port then Vita may had a chance.

28gxdv8.png

#37 Dusean17

Dusean17

Blooper

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Vita is all about console gaming experience on the go. Which it fails to deliver. For example, why is CoD Declassified so bad? If that would've been a really good port then Vita may had a chance.

Developers and their engine why was Uncharted so good? o.O

To visit my Nintendo Channel click the link above, to visit my PlayStation Channel click here.

#38 BMO

BMO

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Fandom:
    Adventure Time,MH,Street Fighter, MGS

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

The system is tracking lower than the Dreamcast AND WonderSwan software department and is on track with the Dreamcast in hardware sales. Not one Sony console has EVER been that low in sales, even in there first year.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by BMO, 21 January 2013 - 02:54 PM.

Posted Image

#39 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

All of those games i listed are confirmed to come out for North America (well maybe not Project x Zone)

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/01/21/project-x-zone-coming-to-north-america-and-europe-this-summer/ Actually, Project X Zone is now confirmed for NA.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#40 Dusean17

Dusean17

Blooper

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

The system is tracking lower than the Dreamcast AND WonderSwan software department and is on track with the Dreamcast in hardware sales. Not one Sony console has EVER been that low in sales, even in there first year.

And? It doens't matter, the way I see it most of you sound like straight fanboys.
I don't give a d*mn how slow it starts, PS Vita is a great product and it will do just fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!