#81 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:33 AM

Seems like a powerful console but I hope for a 7970 gpu.

28gxdv8.png

#82 nmeseth

nmeseth

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:07 PM

@Hinkik; It will def. be a customized Radeon board made exclusively for the Wii U

The 7970 costs $550. Making the price of the Wii U insane.

Edited by nmeseth, 13 January 2012 - 05:07 PM.

#83 Adr990

Adr990

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:31 AM

The Paranoma demo did have a lot of frame drops afaik.
I really hope the Wii U can compete the 720 and ps4(Which is gonna be the 8th cell in the ps3 ?)

But I don't think we can go much beyond the graphics of the Zelda WiiU Demo.. So if Nintendo can really make a game looking like that without any lag or so.
That would be good. As to top that, like 720 and ps4 want to do, their console would be really expensive.

Btw, can we use the WiiU controller as a Tablet?
I think we can, as you don't have to turn on the WiiU self to use if. Which is awesome.

Like as in that WiiUfit trailer, you just took your balance board, connected it with the WiiU controller. BAM, your weight is measured. :)

#84 chris112

chris112

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Sonic, Kingdom Hearts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:47 PM

Wow, the Wii U Hardware seems cool!
"Now Wii're playing with power!"
Posted Image

#85 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:42 PM

I really hope the Wii U can compete the 720 and ps4(Which is gonna be the 8th cell in the ps3 ?)

But I don't think we can go much beyond the graphics of the Zelda WiiU Demo.. So if Nintendo can really make a game looking like that without any lag or so.
That would be good. As to top that, like 720 and ps4 want to do, their console would be really expensive.

I think we can, as you don't have to turn on the WiiU self to use if. Which is awesome.

Like as in that WiiUfit trailer, you just took your balance board, connected it with the WiiU controller. BAM, your weight is measured. :)

no the controller is not a tablet it can only be used when the console itslef is on

#86 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:47 PM

That would be good. As to top that, like 720 and ps4 want to do, their console would be expensive.

The Zelda demo was running on an early dev kit that was a little better than Xbox 360. We have no idea what the wii u is capable of because we haven't seen it in its full form yet.

Posted Image

#87 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:40 PM

i think people are reall underestimating how far this graphics leap will be it will be leaps and bounds ahead of the previous generation just like it always is.

#88 Rubix87

Rubix87

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda, mario, radical dreamers, metroid,

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:02 AM

The problem with a giant graphics leap is that it would be extremely expensive for companies to design a console for. The games would be expensive as well. There has to be a balance with innovation and practicality, most people in the US are cutting back. It won't matter how cutting edge the graphics are if no one can afford the console. Think about this as well: ultra HD is supposed to be the next big wave. If Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo decide to future proof there console to the point of ultra HD it would easily cost $800 USD. No one but a few would buy it, because no one but a few would have the TV format for it. Will the next XBox have a core 7 processor like the new computers? I doubt it. Will Sony run the risk of making another Playstation 3 financial disaster? I doubt it. Because that is what it would take to be leaps and bounds over the competition. However, this is just conjecture on my part, I don't know for a certainty, but I just don't believe a business would warrant that kind of risk.

#89 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:19 AM

The problem with a giant graphics leap is that it would be extremely expensive for companies to design a console for. The games would be expensive as well. There has to be a balance with innovation and practicality, most people in the US are cutting back. It won't matter how cutting edge the graphics are if no one can afford the console. Think about this as well: ultra HD is supposed to be the next big wave. If Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo decide to future proof there console to the point of ultra HD it would easily cost $800 USD. No one but a few would buy it, because no one but a few would have the TV format for it. Will the next XBox have a core 7 processor like the new computers? I doubt it. Will Sony run the risk of making another Playstation 3 financial disaster? I doubt it. Because that is what it would take to be leaps and bounds over the competition. However, this is just conjecture on my part, I don't know for a certainty, but I just don't believe a business would warrant that kind of risk.

No one is expecting them to make a console that cost $800 but even with current tech you can produce better graphics then the current consoles. Dx 10 will be commonplace by next year among pc's which is the farthest behind consoles have ever been in terms of graphics. The big three will be using tech that is current or a little more adavanced then what we are experiencing now which means you can expect to see a graphics leap.

Think of the past generation before this one started everyone thought the gamecube and xbox were at there peak and that it would be impossible for them to surpass the "graphical peak" at that time but here we are in 2012 with games that cant even run on those systems. Its just how technology works and you can bet that when the Wii U drops it will be the same situation. Anti aliasing is just one way the next generation will show how far weve come. Not to mention we are using console's with tech from 2004/2005 how could you not expect there to be a major graphical difference. Even the japanese garden demo showed how outdated this genereation was and that was on a very early dev kit. I along with others expect to be amazed.

#90 Rubix87

Rubix87

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda, mario, radical dreamers, metroid,

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:55 AM

No one is expecting them to make a console that cost $800 but even with current tech you can produce better graphics then the current consoles. Dx 10 will be commonplace by next year among pc's which is the farthest behind consoles have ever been in terms of graphics. The big three will be using tech that is current or a little more adavanced then what we are experiencing now which means you can expect to see a graphics leap.

Think of the past generation before this one started everyone thought the gamecube and xbox were at there peak and that it would be impossible for them to surpass the "graphical peak" at that time but here we are in 2012 with games that cant even run on those systems. Its just how technology works and you can bet that when the Wii U drops it will be the same situation. Anti aliasing is just one way the next generation will show how far weve come. Not to mention we are using console's with tech from 2004/2005 how could you not expect there to be a major graphical difference. Even the japanese garden demo showed how outdated this genereation was and that was on a very early dev kit. I along with others expect to be amazed.

There must be a miscommunication, I was under the impression you were speaking about the graphics leap between the big 3 the next generation, which I don't believe will be that great. However, if you are speaking from this generation to the next, then you make a valid point.

Edited by Rubix87, 24 January 2012 - 12:02 PM.

#91 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

There must be a miscommunication, I was under the impression you were speaking about the graphics leap between the big 3 the next generation, which I don't believe will be that great. However, if you are speaking from this generation to the next, then you make a valid point.

ah yes thats exactly what it was. anyway im sure nintendo will be able to hold their own next generation against the sony and microsoft when it comes to graphics next gen i have faith again

#92 stupidvillager

stupidvillager

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:12 PM

I'm sure there is going to be a jump in graphics, but its not going to be the same as it was from last gen to this. We went from SD to HD. From this gen we will go from HD to better HD, but still stop at 1080. There will be more polish, textures, ete., but I dont think anybody is going to go with a super powerful console.

#93 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:28 PM

The Panorama was a video, not graphics, it was made from a really low resolution camera shot at all angles like Google Streetview.

#94 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

So what do we know for sure then?

CPU: IBM Power7 based (lowest model is a 3.0 Ghz quad core. Best model is a 4.7Ghz octo core)
GPU: Custom AMD based off of the RV700 series capable of native 1080p
eDRAM: "Lots of eDRAM" according to IBM
Tablet: 480p, with all proper buttons and a 6.2 Touchscreen that is Resistive (like the DS and 3DS)
NFC Technology
Nintendo Network which will have game demoes, DLC, and indivual username accounts
Connectable to 3DS and PC

What we don't know?

How many cores the CPU will have, and what speed it will be clocked at?
How much RAM and what type of RAM?
How much eDRAM (maximum 32mb)?
How much video memory?
What GPU will be used?
How much will it cost?
What's the final console name?
Will it be bundled with a Wii Remote+?
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#95 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

The tablet's screen resolution is 854 x 480, a bit more than 480p. But by the looks of it, that's a guess. But by the end it could be more than that.

http://golgotron.com...ution-revealed/

Edited by Stulaw90, 02 February 2012 - 07:20 PM.

#96 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

The 7970 costs $550. Making the price of the Wii U insane.

$550 just for the GPU!? :o

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#97 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:46 PM

CPU: IBM Power7 based (lowest model is a 3.0 Ghz quad core. Best model is a 4.7Ghz octo core)
GPU: Custom AMD based off of the RV700 series capable of native 1080p
eDRAM: "Lots of eDRAM" according to IBM
Tablet: 480p, with all proper buttons and a 6.2 Touchscreen that is Resistive (like the DS and 3DS)
NFC Technology
Nintendo Network which will have game demoes, DLC, and indivual username accounts
Connectable to 3DS and PC

What we don't know?

How many cores the CPU will have, and what speed it will be clocked at?
How much RAM and what type of RAM?
How much eDRAM (maximum 32mb)?
How much video memory?
What GPU will be used?
How much will it cost?
What's the final console name?
Will it be bundled with a Wii Remote+?

Does it come with ORIGIN and spy sensor? (environment sensor).. Sorry I meant weather balloons

As for the CPU is a quad core cpu but the system use 3 cores, one core goes to the controller. Thats why people must stop dreaming 2 screen controllers in 1 wii U.. They will eat all wii U power. 3.0ghz power7 cpu is a quad core, but capable of 96-97 GFLOPS (not theoretically, but real performance, that means the 3 cores for wii U is equal to an INTEL 980x 6 core cpu in performance). Its core have 4 threads, that mean wii U, is 3 core/12 threads!! and the controller have 1 core/4 threads.

And its logical!! Imagine pressing buttons, painting, viewing the game in your screen and also use the sensor thing.. A notice, if they give it to us at 3.1 or 3.3 ghz then the GFLOPS increase dramatically, more than 100

I suspect that 720 and ps4 (if they come), will support 2 or 4 controllers with screen, as they rumored with more cores. And more than 4 cores 8 threads (PC), are not needed for a game. they even make it slower..

Edited by Orion, 04 March 2012 - 09:21 PM.

#98 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

This is one small part from my Nintendo Gamer Magazine article of "Wii U The Truth"

It Takes Two
Nintendo have allegedly done a (Wii) U-turn on the console's one controller limit. Word is that the machine now supports two pads - any more would exhaust the processor. Wii U's Radeon R770 GPU is capable of multi-display streaming, so the notion isn't too hard to swallow. Whether our wallet will be quite so accommodating is another natter...

LordPickleton.png

#99 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

that means, they may increased the ghz? I wonder how they will split cpu cores with the controllers and wii U, if it supports 2.. I disagree with their decision to support 2x touchscreen controllers.. Because we will get a weaker wii U, as they will sacrifice cpu power for a pointless thing.. 1 is more than enough for online games and solo ones.. People shouldnt force nintendo to support more than 1.. At the end, they say "Oh wii U is not strong enough", but they cant have it all!!.. They should care about other rumors and stuff.. less for the controllers.

If they split 2 cores 8 threads for wii U and 2 cores 8 threads for the controllers isnt it waste of power? It is.. That means about 60-70 gflops wii U power instead of 100, I hope if they are smart enough, 1 core to be used by both, wii U or controller, so some demanding games, will use all this 3 cores for it and 1 core for the controller.

Edited by Orion, 04 March 2012 - 09:41 PM.

#100 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:38 AM

Seems like many missed this one including me
http://www.eurogamer...iiware-on-wii-u

Brought up by neogaf on page 321 of the third thread.

This is exactly what i have been talking about on my own speculation - the BC GCN does not have to be there - they can easily use software adaption which is modification of the games that you'll then have to download whole since then the new network will be more suitable for large scale downloads (their own networking and server farms capable ... it's more of a host issue than client), it'll obviously support new controllers that resemble gcn controls so no problem there as this is the easier route than to try to have hardware BC capability for many tech reasons.

Edited by Stewox, 06 April 2012 - 04:40 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!