• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

Articles like this do not help future wiiU sales. This sounds really bad, like Jaguar bad..if any of you remeber that console. This is flopping like a paedo in an adult party.

RUMOR - Devs down on Wii U at DICE, say projects being cancelled
GoNintendo 09/02/2013 @ 19:07
Coming from a supposed source at DICE...
At DICE, nobody has been talking about the new Wii U projects they have started, only the Wii U projects that have just been cancelled. Platform is in serious trouble. Publishers and developers from the US, UK, France, Germany, and Australia mainly. Pubs and devs never recoiled from PS3 like they seem to be with Wii U (though this is anecdotal). There was always the confidence that the numbers would get there over time with PS3. I'm not sensing that with Wii U. I had a data point yesterday at lunch with a high budget Wii U game that was hoping to sell "millions" over time. It only managed "tens of thousands". It is one of the top rated games for the platform.

so, you may say its Sony/xbox fanboys making this up..but sales show it just hasn't made a hit. The lack of 3rd party is making me start to hate my wiiU..i thought it was the best thing yet..but now the games are stale and there's nothing new to keep us excited. If ps4 is out by Xmas..and that's announced 20th this month I might sell up now, before value really drops. I've spent alot on the wiiU..this is so gutting.

#2 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

Far as I can tell, the only project DICE had for Wii U was BF3, which was never heard from again after about 5 seconds of screentime at E3 2011 (which was just PC footage anyway). Anything else is up for grabs, but I feel this article is full of carp; console's only been out for a few months, not nearly the same install base the PS3/360 has now (way better than they had at this point in their lives, though) and he's surprised a game doesn't sell millions of copies. I'm sorry, but what the hell did you expect?

Personally, I think the Wii U will do fine. It's got sone great games looking ahead, plenty of time to build up a sizable install base before the other systems show up, and will undoubtably be the cheapest next-gen system available for a couple years, which means more sales, and thus more third-party support.

#3 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

Oh look more doom and gloom...I did not see this coming..... /sarcasm.

Who the hell is their source ? Ronald McDonald?
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#4 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

Oh look more doom and gloom...I did not see this coming..... /sarcasm.

Wait...so Ronald McDonald isn't reliable? Wish I had known that sooner...

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#5 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

Wait...so Ronald McDonald isn't reliable? Wish I had known that sooner...

Please don't tell me you let him babysit for you....I knew a guy who had a kid once....long story.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#6 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Source

So straight from Dice

#7 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

Lol, sorry for more doom n gloom threads..its just having spent nearly £500 on this system im becoming more and more worried about my investment. I need the 3rd party games, im not a huge Nintendo fan (don't meen that in a bad way) just never been into Zelda etc..but I'll buy them anyway..for a new experience. Just hate all these 3rd parties for..what seems like they are pulling out on this.
just look so far, delays, no dlc, no dates, everything seems so..uneasy at the mo.

im just concerned. Obviously if wiiU sold more then we would benefit as these 3rd parties have more incentive to make games..but by delaying games (ahhem ubi, rayman?) this must put potential wiiU buyers off. We need GOOD news fast

#8 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

Source

So straight from Dice

lol @ neogaf as a source. Seriously though, can't even have fun without someone being serious about it.
Posted Image

#9 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

I'm sorry?

#10 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

I'm sorry?

Don't mind me lol, I'm in an odd mood today. I was just having fun ^_^
Posted Image

#11 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

Source

So straight from Dice

Nintendo should hire Lain. The advert could be - 'wiiU gamers are hot!, uglies buy sony/Microsoft consoles'
:)

Edited by RolledUp20s, 09 February 2013 - 02:47 PM.

#12 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

It's going to be another Wii in terms of third party support. At least Nintendo make their own games, that's the reason why I bought my Wii U.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#13 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

i guess..im getting either the ps4/720 anyway...so i'll keep the wiiU for exclusives (if they have any :) ) ..plus, if multiplatform games eg, ps4/720/wiiU are available...then the wiiU has the gamepad as bonus over them, ...thats if the new ps4/720 doesn't have a 'gamepad' that is.

#14 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

im just concerned. Obviously if wiiU sold more then we would benefit as these 3rd parties have more incentive to make games..but by delaying games (ahhem ubi, rayman?) this must put potential wiiU buyers off. We need GOOD news fast

It's probably more than just sales. There's a sort of dichotomy that separates Japanese game developers from the Western ones. Western developers are dead set on releasing these high budget AAA games that only a high-end PC could actually play. So when they see that the Wii U does not fit well in their business model, they immediately drop support like they seemingly are now.

Edited by Lain, 09 February 2013 - 03:03 PM.

#15 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

Nintendo should hire Lain. The advert could be - 'wiiU gamers are hot!, uglies buy sony/Microsoft consoles'

So if I put a hot girl as my avatar, should Nintendo hire me?

#16 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

So if I put a hot girl as my avatar, should Nintendo hire me?

well, if that pic isn't Lain then i take it back lol.

#17 Luca

Luca

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

You can't sell your Wii U. If you are, have you forgotten that Super Smash Bros U is coming in a few years?
I'm also annoyed that there aren't many third party games, but the console is still brand new, just deal with it. Same thing happened with 3DS, but they've gotten games since then. The Wii U is not doomed IMO, it was sold out pre-orders EVERYWHERE, that doesn't just happen. Just give it a year, I guess.

The only thing I'm waiting for is something like Colors! to draw on the gamepad. How can that NOT be out yet?????

#18 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

You can't sell your Wii U. If you are, have you forgotten that Super Smash Bros U is coming in a few years?
I'm also annoyed that there aren't many third party games, but the console is still brand new, just deal with it. Same thing happened with 3DS, but they've gotten games since then. The Wii U is not doomed IMO, it was sold out pre-orders EVERYWHERE, that doesn't just happen. Just give it a year, I guess.

The only thing I'm waiting for is something like Colors! to draw on the gamepad. How can that NOT be out yet?????

The X360 & PS3 had more games out then the Wii U does at the same point in their lifespan, that's the issue.

#19 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

Far as I can tell, the only project DICE had for Wii U was BF3, which was never heard from again after about 5 seconds of screentime at E3 2011 (which was just PC footage anyway). Anything else is up for grabs, but I feel this article is full of carp; console's only been out for a few months, not nearly the same install base the PS3/360 has now (way better than they had at this point in their lives, though) and he's surprised a game doesn't sell millions of copies. I'm sorry, but what the hell did you expect?

Personally, I think the Wii U will do fine. It's got sone great games looking ahead, plenty of time to build up a sizable install base before the other systems show up, and will undoubtably be the cheapest next-gen system available for a couple years, which means more sales, and thus more third-party support.

http://www.dicesummit.org
Not DICE the company/engine, I forget which it is. Oh it's frothbite that's the engine actually.

well, if that pic isn't Lain then i take it back lol.

Lain's adorable, no need to take it back.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#20 Luca

Luca

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

The X360 & PS3 had more games out then the Wii U does at the same point in their lifespan, that's the issue.

I'm thinking of it this way, if it's true or not. When the Xbox 360 and PS3 came out, they were something new. The graphics were great, all the new features were awesome. Developers were excited to get their hands on the HD and stuff. But now the Wii U is out, and the 1080p and such is nothing new. It's just another console. When the PS4 and Xbox 720 come out, they probably won't have as many games as the 360/PS3 either at the same point.

And as another point worth noting, games like BF3, or Sims 3 or whatever, won't come out for Wii U because their next game is coming fairly soon, so it would be pointless. Once their next game comes, they'll probably release it for Wii U aswell.

Probably not entirely or even true at all, but that's the way I see it just from thinking about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!