• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Yes, Nintendo becoming the dominant system all around would be an absolute worst case scenario for big publishing houses everywhere.

This is because Nintendo systems are the only systems with nintendo games, and nintendo games are HUGE competition.

If nintendo systems were the highest selling of the generation AND was actually supported by third parties, leaving ps4 and 720 with secondary 'hardcore' numbers, big publishing houses would lose BILLIONS in revenue sales just because of competition with Nintendo games.

i may have misread this, are you saying if the wiiU was the number 1 selling console, 3rd party game developers would lose money? Surely...if they all supported the wiiU then theyd just sell on the wiiU. I bought the wiiU for the gamepad and the new interaction between that and the tv..not for Nintendo games, that may seem silly, but i presumed the wiiU would get full 3rd party support. If the wiiU could get 3rd party support then it would sell a hell of a lot more consoles.i just don't think Nintendo games will be enough to sell alot..in Europe anyway. So unless Nintendo can get 3rd party back onside its just going to lose against the new consoles on the horizon.

#62 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

i may have misread this, are you saying if the wiiU was the number 1 selling console, 3rd party game developers would lose money? Surely...if they all supported the wiiU then theyd just sell on the wiiU. I bought the wiiU for the gamepad and the new interaction between that and the tv..not for Nintendo games, that may seem silly, but i presumed the wiiU would get full 3rd party support. If the wiiU could get 3rd party support then it would sell a hell of a lot more consoles.i just don't think Nintendo games will be enough to sell alot..in Europe anyway. So unless Nintendo can get 3rd party back onside its just going to lose against the new consoles on the horizon.

You would be in the extreme minority, and have to be pretty much the most misinformed person in the gaming world.

Nintendo hasnt had good third party support since they actually had a choice to go somewhere else post snes.

But yes, third parties would lose billions if nintendo became the system people went to for third party games.

Because they would be directly competing with nintendo, on the same console.

Edited by 3Dude, 12 February 2013 - 12:24 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#63 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

It will get third party support, but there's a chance it won't get the same support the other two consoles get this gen because while they don't want to compete with Nintendo first party games on the Wii U, the really don't want to compete with a Nintendo that can put the entirety of it's resources into making third party games for the other consoles, I think that would scare the panties off of EA or any other publisher out there, because Nintendo as a publisher actually know games and how to appeal to mass audiences through their game worlds.

#64 ChrisD

ChrisD

Nyah, see! Nyah!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    PCSoTendo. Because fanboyism is dumb.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

You would be in the extreme minority, and have to be pretty much the most misinformed person in the gaming world.

Nintendo hasnt had good third party support since they actually had a choice to go somewhere else post snes.

But yes, third parties would lose billions if nintendo became the system people went to for third party games.

I knew that the third party support wouldn't last too long, but I still expected the Wii U to get more than Nintendo's past consoles. Does that mean I'm misinformed? I wouldn't say so.

But if they're going to Nintendo for third party games, and those third party games were there, it would be no different than people going to PS4/720. You would still be making just as many sales, because they're getting the console for YOUR (third party) games either way, whether they're competing with Nintendo titles or not.

#65 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

I knew that the third party support wouldn't last too long, but I still expected the Wii U to get more than Nintendo's past consoles. Does that mean I'm misinformed? I wouldn't say so.

But if they're going to Nintendo for third party games, and those third party games were there, it would be no different than people going to PS4/720. You would still be making just as many sales, because they're getting the console for YOUR (third party) games either way, whether they're competing with Nintendo titles or not.

The point though is they're afraid (rightfully so) that they wouldn't get as many sales if they have to compete with Nintendo titles. I still think they should put the product on whichever console has the most compatible userbase in terms of demographic.

#66 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

i thought at E3 they announced 3rd party support would be strong. are you blind to see that devz are dropping off left right and centre?
your belittling comments again...just provoke a reaction. why feel the need to say it like that? i'm just saying..the wii u support is very little...sales have been bad, so nintendo fan boys aren't even buying it..so theres no competing against nintendo game sales..IMO

#67 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

Please don't tell me you let him babysit for you....I knew a guy who had a kid once....long story.

.....I do let him babysit. Oh god.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#68 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

i thought at E3 they announced 3rd party support would be strong. are you blind to see that devz are dropping off left right and centre?
your belittling comments again...just provoke a reaction. why feel the need to say it like that? i'm just saying..the wii u support is very little...sales have been bad, so nintendo fan boys aren't even buying it..so theres no competing against nintendo game sales..IMO

Actually, im the guy whos been saying big name publishers are going to suck massively despite claims of 'unprecedented partnerships' since before the console launched.

Because.... thats the exact way its happened for over 15 years now.

Nintendo consoles gets shovel ware, spin offs and experiments from 3rd parties.

Yes, everyone is very well aware Nintendo launched the system with no games. Nintendo has done this on purpose to entice cowardly 3rd parties to release without fear of nintendo competition.

They did the same thing with the 3ds, and ended up having to apologize for the lack of games.

And then they released a flood of games (coinciding with a pricecut) that sent the 3ds skyrocketing.

Edited by 3Dude, 12 February 2013 - 06:22 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#69 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

Actually, im the guy whos been saying big name publishers are going to suck massively despite claims of 'unprecedented partnerships' since before the console launched.

Because.... thats the exact way its happened for over 15 years now.

Nintendo consoles gets shovel ware, spin offs and experiments from 3rd parties.

Yes, everyone is very well aware Nintendo launched the system with no games. Nintendo has done this on purpose to entice cowardly 3rd parties to release without fear of nintendo competition.

They did the same thing with the 3ds, and ended up having to apologize for the lack of games.

And then they released a flood of games (coinciding with a pricecut) that sent the 3ds skyrocketing.

Hadn't thought of the situation that way yet, thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!