Photo

How do you think Nintendo could advertise better?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Lebon14

Lebon14

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Fandom:
    Golden Sun and Touhou universe

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

Just communicatie what we have:

WiiU:
- Nintendo's next gen gaming system is right here right now with:
- Triple A Exclusives
- huge back cataloque with Virtual Console
- continue playing while TV is occupied
- eShop
- integrated social network designed for gaming
- unique experience with Gamepad
- crossplay with 3DS

And then create a video not showing people playing, but just showing some scenes of the top of the bill released and upcoming games

and say, with the most emphasis possible, that the WiiU is NOT a Wii upgrade. That it's a completely new console.
WiiU NNID : Lebon14, Friend invites will be ignored. I must know you first.
Rocketman, your rocketman
Fly with me, to the moon, to the stars my heart
Rocketman, your rocketman
Take you higher
♫ - "Rocketman" by Mega NRG Man (Super Eurobeat 217)

#22 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

I think the key to advertising better..is ...just advertising..honestly if I wasn't a casual gamer I most likely wouldn't know much about the Wii U other than seeing the small section in stores. The Wii had a crap ton of advertising - commercials and other forms all over..Nintendo has barely done anything at all in terms of marketing the system.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#23 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

If something is truly great then you dont need to advertise for it at all... because everyone will just know deep in their gut that there is some new mysterious product out there that they need to go and purchase

#24 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

Put ads on the PSN.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#25 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

How do i think they could advertise better.... Hmmmm how about they just advertise period. I haven't seen any advertisement for it at all.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#26 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

Go back to the clear, instructive style of the Wii Ads:

Scene 1) Teenage boy playing game in lounge, Dad and sister come in to watch football, he switches to Offscreen play they watch the match. Everyones happy. U PLAY ON

Scene 2) Family all play Nintendoland in family at the same time. Mum on controller is being chased by family brought together by mario chase. U PLAY TOGTHER

Scene3) Dad alone plays Zombi U (showing off mature games). U PLAY

Wii, U, All, Play. (or some such)

throw in celeb families and ideal lifestyle stuff and and funny sound at the start that signels it's a Wii U add and their off.

Pretty much this. Those ads with the cubicles and blenders are horrible. They don't really show the WiiU off either.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#27 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

I think they should extend the Wii U community to a standard browser. Make the Miiverse available to everyone, not to make comments and posts, but the follow what's going on.
Basically create a site that allows people who don't own a Wii U to still be close to the community in some way. It's an amazing online asset, yet people who can't experience it will not truly understand the value behind it.

#28 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:19 AM

Advertise the new Mario wii u game

Advertise a kid playing Call of duty on the wii u gamepad ( that will bring in the money )

#29 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:49 AM

They could advertise better by advertising.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#30 MrSazperilla

MrSazperilla

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • NNID:MrSazperilla
  • Fandom:
    Star Wars, Team Fortress, Mario

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

They could improve their advertising.........by actually advertising.

I agree, I think they should do something similuar to apple. Showing off exactly what it does in a nice simple way. So people get it.

S9sJhGQ.jpg

#31 Ninty64X

Ninty64X

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Fandom:
    MST3K, Animation, Metal Gear, OddWorld

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

They could bring back one of their own slogans and change it up a bit.
Examples:
Now you're playing with power, ultimate power!
Get U or get out!

Or they could just make some clever commercials. For example:
There's a row of t.v.'s. The first screen shows the original super mario bros., and when the screen scrolls, it switches to the next t.v. with super mario bros. 2 and so on and so on until the final t.v. shows New super mario bros. U. After that the wii u logo shows up and under it the phrase "Never stop playing". Something clever like that.

On the hunt for her dad's killer, she learns she needs to step up her game. It's time to unleash some superpowers. - Netflix's amazing Kill La Kill description

#32 currysonic

currysonic

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

I don't think Nintendo should advertise until they have a good line of solid games coming. For example right now mass marketting for the 3ds would be great, there are so many great games out right now and coming up for it!

Edited by currysonic, 08 March 2013 - 10:48 PM.

#33 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

Nintendo needs two kinds of advertisement: one that shows the games and what they can bring that it`s new and another that shows what Wii U is and what separates it from hardware.

These last ones need to be very simple and guide people from what you can and have been doing to what Wii U brings but it needs to do it with attention to image and style.

For the games comercial it needs to create empathy and desire. Luigi`s Mansion 2 comercial is a wonderful exemple of that.

#34 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

I just saw this on tv....

Yet another good 3DS commercial it makes me wonder, Does the Wii U and 3DS have separate advertising departments?

#35 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • NNID:BringerOfBooze
  • Fandom:
    Cloud (FFVII), Master Chief (Halo)

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

I see a lack of television advertisement as well as paper advertisement for ANY of the companies with the exception of the odd game commercial with a ps3 or Xbox 360 ad on the end of it

#36 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

I just saw this on tv....

Yet another good 3DS commercial it makes me wonder, Does the Wii U and 3DS have separate advertising departments?

That is a good advertisement.  Hopefully they start putting it out there soon, They should be hyping the crap out of LEGO City right now.

#37 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:50 AM

That is a good advertisement.  Hopefully they start putting it out there soon, They should be hyping the crap out of LEGO City right now.

There are two TV commercials for Lego City  B)

Edited by Sorceror12, 14 March 2013 - 07:51 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#38 ZeLdAfOrEvEr

ZeLdAfOrEvEr

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:49 AM

As Nintendo seems not to be able to release good advertising videos i did some on my own.

What do you think?

Jtl61Kt.jpg

#39 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:26 AM

They could advertise better by advertising.

This is the truth.  Anything would be better than nothing at this point.  Not sure what they are waiting for, these are precious months before the competition releases new hardware, and so far they are wasting them.  The Wii U just saw three solid releases, and its about time Nintendo reaches into their pocket and promote the Wii U.  With a simple 30 second commercial they could show off the Wii U and recent relesases like Monster Hunter, Lego City, and Need For Speed.  Nintendo's marketing department needs to wake up. 

#40 TheDoritoKing

TheDoritoKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • NNID:Sir-Homsar

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

Make two separate series of commercials: one for the family/casual crowd & one for the hardcore/dudebro crowd. The casual ones will showcase off-screen play and general fun, while the hardcore ones show people that Nintendo isn't the kid's company they were back in the N64 days (speaking of the N64, I wonder if we'll get those on Virtual Console :huh: ?). 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!