Photo

Exactly how large is the power gap between the Wii U and the PS4?

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#1 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:51 AM

A cheaper, underpowered console that people will only buy for Nintendo exclusives -.- i know it's been this way since the snes but i still wonder how long will it be before Nintendo's ips no longer be enough to keep their consoles relevant, Nintendo seriously need to make some new ips and revive some old ones, people will soon get tired of Mario, Zelda and Metroid.

#2 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:02 AM

Yup, chances are high we won't see supergood looking games on the Wii U in a few years, or dumbed down ports, or games not being ported at all. Do I mind? Only a little. I'll buy this for Nintendo's games anyway.
No sig.

#3 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:04 AM

My opinion is give the WiiU a chance but yes third party support looks like its PS4/Nextbox. Shame as tbh i'm not really into these cutie type games.
Nintendo did say they were aiming at the more core gamer group with this console so lets see what turns up before the end of the year.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#4 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

I bought a Wii U to play Nintendo exclusives and I was planning on buying a PS4/Nextbox/PC for the 3rd party games since I knew the Wii U wasn't next gen high end (only next gen).

Iwata's fault imo.

Edited by namkotje, 21 February 2013 - 07:08 AM.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#5 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:07 AM

The gap will be much closer this time around. And I've been playing Mario and Zelda for years and they don't feel stale. Zelda is my favorite game series of all time. So if they stop making it, they lose a lot of fans. Instead of ditching Mario, Zelda and Metroid for new IPs and revived franchises, they could all coexist.

Posted Image

#6 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:09 AM

A cheaper, underpowered console that people will only buy for Nintendo exclusives -.- i know it's been this way since the snes but i still wonder how long will it be before Nintendo's ips no longer be enough to keep their consoles relevant, Nintendo seriously need to make some new ips and revive some old ones, people will soon get tired of Mario, Zelda and Metroid.

Not since SNES, but rather since Wii itself. Gamecube was a bit more powerful than PS2. Much less successfull, though.

Молоту войн и рокоту гроз вольные рати верны, где ветром могучим из братины звёзд рунные стяги пьяны.

#7 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:15 AM

It has been this way since the Wii. N64 and Gamecube were not underpowered at the time. Anyway, I love how you jump to conclusions when the console has only been out for a few months. Either way, who buys Nintendo consoles for anything other than its exclusives? I mean, really now. Being a multiplatform user sure is great!

#8 A W Reezy

A W Reezy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, NBA2K

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

Apple Iphones have been underpowered and stale against the Android OS for years now... But they still sell great because of the name. Nintendo won't have a problem.

#9 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

Wow. If you actually saw the PS4 conference and paid attention to its abilities how could you be impressed?

Being able to pop in and watch as friend play from thousands of miles away. ... to take control of that game remotely and help. ...very cool.

Watch the Killzone game play footage. Stunning. The Vita able to stream and play PS4 games kinda steals some Wii U thunder.

I have had a Wii u since day one. I will be getting s PS4 day one also.

Seems like the Wii U is my Nintendo only system again... but that is not a bad thing.

Err I mean how could you NOT be impressed. Hehe.

#10 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

The Wakasyamo Fan, Jan 19-

We're only three months in and we have no idea how Nintendo's third-party talks are really going, so i'll wait untill E3 before i believe the Wii U is doomed.

What happened to this mindset? Have you changed it just because another console was announced?

Iwata's fault imo.

I dont think thats fair, there are multiple factors involved in the lack of third party support that we've had so far. You cant blame everything on Iwata or any individual at Nintendo.

#11 PS3WIIIUfan

PS3WIIIUfan

Blooper

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Silent Hill,Socom,Mario,Zelda,GT

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:11 AM

Still to early to say anything, E3 im waiting for!
Ps3 Ultra Slim 1tb
Ps Vita
Wii U 32gb/Zombiu/Black Ops 2
Nintendo Network ID:S.K_Kulczycky2k
Posted Image

#12 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:13 AM

Apple Iphones have been underpowered and stale against the Android OS for years now... But they still sell great because of the name. Nintendo won't have a problem.

Games are still having good or better graphics on iOS than android. Look at real racing 3 for example. Plus people know that iPhones tend to not lag as much in menus as android phones.

Edited by Hinkik, 21 February 2013 - 08:13 AM.

28gxdv8.png

#13 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:19 AM

What happened to this mindset? Have you changed it just because another console was announced?

Pretty much yeah.

#14 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:21 AM

POPULAR

"Another Wii..."

You mean the best-selling console of the generation with tons of awesome exclusives?

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#15 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

POPULAR

This is ridiculous. I question every one of these threads and why you are on this forum. Obviously your not Nintendo FANS if your this fickle. If your playing video games for graphics, buy a PC and GTFO. At least wait until we see side by side comparisons of games out on the Wii U/PS4/720 before you complain about the Wii U being under powered. This is getting ridiculous. For all you people moaning about Nintendo being left in the dust or dying and less powerful wah wah wah, sell your Wii U and go join the PS4/720 forums please. Do us a friggan favor.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#16 PS3WIIIUfan

PS3WIIIUfan

Blooper

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Silent Hill,Socom,Mario,Zelda,GT

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

People jump around to much, im also going to buy a ps4 but will never change my mind about Wii u like i said before i bealive in this console!
Ps3 Ultra Slim 1tb
Ps Vita
Wii U 32gb/Zombiu/Black Ops 2
Nintendo Network ID:S.K_Kulczycky2k
Posted Image

#17 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:39 AM

The Wii U I still feel has lots of potential, things like cloud gaming are easy to do on Wii U, it'd just mean Nintendo either making an exclusive service deal with someone, or doing it themselves. The same with using your phone do control your Wii U from home. It all depends on an internet connection. The only thing I'm not sure about is recording video of your playthroughs and sharing it. I know screenshots can be done on Miiverse, but not Video. Um am I missing anything else? Aha nd remote play from a friend. Um even though it may be possible on Wii U hardware no way do I want my friends to take over MY game.

Edited by Penguin101, 21 February 2013 - 08:51 AM.

#18 Shogo

Shogo

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:49 AM

"Another Wii..."

You mean the best-selling console of the generation with tons of awesome exclusives?

You mean the console full of kiddie games? I been playing Nintendo consoles for 20+ years and the Wii was a big disappointment for me. I'm tired of all the kiddie games. I am more excited for the PS4 than for my Wii U.
Posted Image

#19 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

You mean the console full of kiddie games? I been playing Nintendo consoles for 20+ years and the Wii was a big disappointment for me. I'm tired of all the kiddie games. I am more excited for the PS4 than for my Wii U.

Newsflash: Nobody cares if you were disappointed by the Wii and its awesome 1st-party games, and nobody cares if you're disappointed by the Wii U. I have also been playing Nintendo consoles for 20+ years - want a cookie?

If you were so disappointed by Nintendo last generation you shouldn't have been an early adopter of the Wii U. You should've waited and only purchased this offering if it turned out to be "less disappointing" to you than the last one.

Edited by WiiNC, 21 February 2013 - 08:54 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#20 Shogo

Shogo

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

Newsflash: Nobody cares if you were disappointed by the Wii and its awesome 1st-party games, and nobody cares if you're disappointed by the Wii U. I have also been playing Nintendo consoles for 20+ years - want a cookie?

If you were so disappointed by Nintendo last generation you shouldn't have been an early adopter of the Wii U. You should've waited and only purchased this offering if it turned out to be "less disappointing" to you than the last one.

Exactly and that is why I am getting a PS4 and spending my money there.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. In your narrow Nintendo fanboy mind if someone has an opinion that doesn't go with yours "nobody cares".
I got a Wii U because I was giving Nintendo one last chance. (I even said so on my introduction when I joined this forum).

Edited by Shogo, 21 February 2013 - 09:03 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!