Photo

Exactly how large is the power gap between the Wii U and the PS4?

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#121 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

Where did he say that? im not saying your lying its just i havnt heard anything....did you read on the net what watchdogs developer has said? he said the ps4 would be the BEST of all versions,he even claimed that the pc would be behind the ps4 for a while when it comes to games which has caused a BIG stir with the pc community.

I will try to find the artical although i read it on youtube while looking at watchdog vids.

See post above mine for info.

#122 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

^^^ dont feel like finding the quote.

how is PS4 better than PC, unless they target low end PC specs, in which case they lie or poorly optimize the game. aka. its a PS3 game with the PS4 version running 1080p while higher framerate then the other next gen consuls. starting ruffly midrange PC is when you see better than PS4. PS4 will beat low-mid range because its a low range optimized for games.

#123 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

NO, its not. Look at this:

Posted Image

No AA, 1080p@30fps, still not better than Crysis 3 on max...

And here is the interview with Crytek about next gen, I posted it already but nobody reads!

http://www.eurogamer...r-of-gaming-pcs

PS4 is 500$ PC that will perform like 600-700$ PC at its best! Wii U is a 350$ custom build machine that will perform like 500$ PC!

P.S. Ubisoft is known PC haters, their PC ports are one off the wurst PC ports out there, except Far Cry 3!

You sir deserve all my likes.
If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#124 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

lol dont shoot the messanger,it came from the developers mouth NOT mine :) also the deep down developer has said that the footage shown was all in engine just with the camera angles tweeked,he even said they hope to get it looking better as its early development lol i dont know if its true but they will look pritty stupid when the games released if it dosnt look at least close to that,oh there hoping for it to be a launch game to.

(show me a pc game that comes close to that ;) )

Edited by syks-1, 25 February 2013 - 12:29 PM.

#125 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

it's over 9000 lol sorry thought i'd join in there.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#126 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

lol dont shoot the messanger,it came from the developers mouth NOT mine :) also the deep down developer has said that the footage shown was all in engine just with the camera angles tweeked,he even said they hope to get it looking better as its early development lol i dont know if its true but they will look pritty stupid when the games released if it dosnt look at least close to that,oh there hoping for it to be a launch game to.

(show me a pc game that comes close to that ;) )

It is in engine, but it will be awhile before they can pull off that level of quality on the actual hardware. I hope they do, but I think the Wii U can handle it as well. Especially since everything was in enclosed spaces that don't really stress the need for LOD, DOF, or poly rewriting.

#127 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

It is in engine, but it will be awhile before they can pull off that level of quality on the actual hardware. I hope they do, but I think the Wii U can handle it as well. Especially since everything was in enclosed spaces that don't really stress the need for LOD, DOF, or poly rewriting.

The pc hasnt come close to that so i doubt the wii u could do it lol :) and they are hoping to get deep down out for launch,who knows for sure though :)

#128 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

The pc hasnt come close to that so i doubt the wii u could do it lol :) and they are hoping to get deep down out for launch,who knows for sure though :)

Nope, back in 2008 it was done better, in an open world, rather than in a cave with repeating texture assets. Really the only thing that needed high poly counts in that demo were the characters.

Here is what I'm talking about Cinema 2.0

That is the IGN article with video, here is youtube:

https://www.google.c....42768644,d.eWU

Edited by routerbad, 25 February 2013 - 12:51 PM.

#129 dragomix

dragomix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • NNID:dragomix
  • Fandom:
    PC and Nintendo fan

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

You like artistic form, not LOD, witch is not that impressive! The best parameter of what PC and PS4 can do is UE4:

Posted Image

Guess which one is PC? ;)

Edited by dragomix, 25 February 2013 - 01:03 PM.

#130 mmxforever

mmxforever

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • NNID:mmxforever
  • Fandom:
    Mega Man X, Mario, Sonic, Mario Kart

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

It won't matter what the power distance is because:

1: You aren't going to be able to tell as much generation to generation going forward.
2. Someone at BioWare just commented today that because of development costs, you aren't going to see a lot of developers pushing the machines and making them much better looking then they already are. If they did, he estimated some games would have to sell "20-30 million copies" just to break even.

As poorly as the Wii U has sold since Christmas, Sony and Microsoft are going to have a very difficult time selling machines that are in the $400-500 range. Factor in the lack of compatibility, lack of a GoW or Halo for either system, and most of the big name titles coming out on current gen machines too, and there really isn't a reason to make the jump to either without a game in your favorite series coming out that you absolutely must have. Which for me would be Halo 5 (probably 2 years off in other words).

#131 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

Fairly solid analysis in this video, watch the whole thing.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#132 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

You like artistic form, not LOD, witch is not that impressive! The best parameter of what PC and PS4 can do is UE4:

Posted Image

I honestly don't know... They both have their merits, and they both look a little flawed (I think the top one looks better though).
Bring the noise.

#133 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

I honestly don't know... They both have their merits, and they both look a little flawed (I think the top one looks better though).

The PC version does look slightly better (even though it is darker).

The reason is the depth of field effect.

That's about it.

The PS4 had also slightly different particle effects.

I think the PS4 AMD GPU does a better job at lighting than the Nvidia version did, but that may be new lighting as well.

Polygons and textures seem moot.

was very impressed by the motion blur on the ice elemental though.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 25 February 2013 - 04:11 PM.

#134 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

Fairly solid analysis in this video, watch the whole thing.

3 cores and 3 cache vs 8 cores and 4 cache.... WHAT????!?!?!?!

3 kids and 3 hamburgers vs 8 cores and 4 hamburgers... YAY!! Go Wii U!! :D :D :D :D :D

#135 Death Stare Obama

Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

Where did he say that? im not saying your lying its just i havnt heard anything....did you read on the net what watchdogs developer has said? he said the ps4 would be the BEST of all versions,he even claimed that the pc would be behind the ps4 for a while when it comes to games which has caused a BIG stir with the pc community.

I will try to find the artical although i read it on youtube while looking at watchdog vids.

PS4 could run max settings
at 10 frames per second

eKsvghU.jpg

#136 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

Posted Image

Top is definately PC.... If the top is PS4 and the bottom is PC then I will buy a PS4... because the bottom is missing a ton of details, the castle on the bottom looks like its made out of Play-Doh

#137 Death Stare Obama

Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

Top is definately PC.... If the top is PS4 and the bottom is PC then I will buy a PS4... because the bottom is missing a ton of details, the castle on the bottom looks like its made out of Play-Doh

PLAYDOH CASTLE YAY!

he said the ps4 would be the BEST of all versions,he even claimed that the pc would be behind the ps4 for a while when it comes to games which has caused a BIG stir with the pc community.

Because Ubisoft hates PC as they are afraid of piracy they didnt make a good port. lol

eKsvghU.jpg

#138 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

3 kids and 3 hamburgers vs 8 cores and 4 hamburgers... YAY!! Go Wii U!! :D :D :D :D :D

wiiU is running 2 kids with half hamburgers and 1 kid with 2 =/. wiiU is deisgned to give its cores seperate jobs, instead of being identical. but wiiU does seem to have won the CPU race so far. microsoft will need to buy a different CPU that will hurt production prices and delay development to up wiiU's somewhat surprise quality CPU.

wiiU is running 2 kids with half hamburgers and 1 kid with 2 =/. wiiU is deisgned to give its cores seperate jobs, instead of being identical. but wiiU does seem to have won the CPU race so far. microsoft will need to buy a different CPU that will hurt production prices and delay development to up wiiU's somewhat surprise quality CPU.

#139 dragomix

dragomix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • NNID:dragomix
  • Fandom:
    PC and Nintendo fan

Are you blind?

Top one is PC, it has better textures, lightning, teselation is way better and shader effects!

This is live demo on SINGLE GPU PC!

Edited by dragomix, 25 February 2013 - 04:35 PM.

#140 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

PLAYDOH CASTLE YAY!

----Official slogan of the PS4

1 user(s) are reading this topic