#21 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

Personally i hope so, But in reality i dont think so. What would compel 3rd party developers to make an "original" game exclusive for the wii u, We will no doubt get lazy ports of other games. But why would a developer in their right mind want to make a game solely for a console that will be underpowered thus putting a limit on development not to mention being forced to include what would most likely be a gimmick element to using the game pads screen.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#22 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

Personally i hope so, But in reality i dont think so. What would compel 3rd party developers to make an "original" game exclusive for the wii u, We will no doubt get lazy ports of other games. But why would a developer in their right mind want to make a game solely for a console that will be underpowered thus putting a limit on development not to mention being forced to include what would most likely be a gimmick element to using the game pads screen.

I find that to be a horrible lazy excuse by developers. If people didn't make games for systems because they were "limited" , then video games would just start to exist. Creative dev's can make great games on any platform if they wanted to. Sounds like they just don't want to make unique experiences with the Gamepad, they rather take the graphical highway.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#23 Death Stare Obama

Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

I think next year at this time will be a much better gauge of the Wii U's success and future. I want to so they will, but I don't know...and for those who say 100% no..they don't know either. I figure after the 1st year and 1 E3/Holiday season behind their belt...we will will get a better picture of what to expect. I really hope great things!

Yeah, I think when nintendo publishes more big hits people will buy the console and more consumers=more games which means more consumers ect. nintendo just needs to publish more games, and fast.

This sounds like an excuse devs would make -_-

I find that to be a horrible lazy excuse by developers. If people didn't make games for systems because they were "limited" , then video games would just start to exist. Creative dev's can make great games on any platform if they wanted to. Sounds like they just don't want to make unique experiences with the Gamepad, they rather take the graphical highway.

Exactly. people developed a ton on the genisis, and it was way behind the SNES. People who use the gamepad features correctly can make games great. Plus people can make an art style like rayman legends, which can run on wii u and looks beautiful just beacuase of artstyle. When devs get creative, no matter the power, consoles can be a sucess. Which was the main problem with wii IMO. Anyway I defenantly agree with you hands down.

eKsvghU.jpg

#24 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

Yeah, I think when nintendo publishes more big hits people will buy the console and more consumers=more games which means more consumers ect. nintendo just needs to publish more games, and fast.

This sounds like an excuse devs would make -_-

Exactly. people developed a ton on the genisis, and it was way behind the SNES. People who use the gamepad features correctly can make games great. Plus people can make an art style like rayman legends, which can run on wii u and looks beautiful just beacuase of artstyle. When devs get creative, no matter the power, consoles can be a sucess. Which was the main problem with wii IMO. Anyway I defenantly agree with you hands down.

I wouldn't refer to the Genesis/SNES battle. That was a close knit battle with the SNES just ahead in technical specs and if it wasn't for the more vibrant color palette it may not of been as obvious. I would however use the Wii vs PS3/360 - look which system sold the most ? Unfortunately most the 3rd party games were shovel ware...but still....it showed that graphics didn't sell machines, but a new way to play did. I think a lot of 3rd parties really lost out by not supporting the Wii.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#25 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

It might well be a horrible excuse, But i can almost guarantee that's the way its going to be.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#26 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

I think Nintendo can get it if they try hard enough.

Collaborative projects, combining Nintendo's knowledge of the system, and a 3rd parties and indie devs direction of what they wish to do with the system, could really be great for it. It would also tell publishers to try harder.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#27 Death Stare Obama

Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

I think Nintendo can get it if they try hard enough.

Collaborative projects, combining Nintendo's knowledge of the system, and a 3rd parties and indie devs direction of what they wish to do with the system, could really be great for it. It would also tell publishers to try harder.

exactly

eKsvghU.jpg

#28 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

They said that they were making partnerships that would be unbelievable, (me paraphrasing since i dont remember exactly what they said)

But I dont see why we cant expect to hear more about the partnerships they've been allegedly making at this upcoming E3, I dont think its a stretch to think that thats possible.

Not only will we get tons of 1st party games but we can probably expect a decent chunk of 3rd party announcements as well

#29 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:31 AM

They said that they were making partnerships that would be unbelievable, (me paraphrasing since i dont remember exactly what they said)
But I dont see why we cant expect to hear more about the partnerships they've been allegedly making at this upcoming E3, I dont think its a stretch to think that thats possible.
Not only will we get tons of 1st party games but we can probably expect a decent chunk of 3rd party announcements as well

I stand behind my claim that this will be one of the best E3's for gaming and Nintendo. We will see 3rd party support.
Posted Image

#30 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

I stand behind my claim that this will be one of the best E3's for gaming and Nintendo. We will see 3rd party support.

Agreed wholeheartedly. I don't expect a whole lot of news coming through about 3rd party nintendo support until then, either. The more ammo they have, the more they will blow people's minds. Does anyone remember the reactions from the 2011 Wii U reveal?

#31 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

I stand behind the claim that Tricky stands behind that claims that this will be one of the best E3's for gaming and Nintendo. We will see 3rd party support.

#32 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

They said that they were making partnerships that would be unbelievable

Source?

#33 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

Source?

January 23rd Nintendo Direct.

#34 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

Source?

I'll try and find it, but I dont remember exactly where I heard it, I wanna say it was Reggie.

If I can find it Ill edit this post but if not then hopefully theres someone else on here who knows what Im talking about and can track it down

#35 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

If it was Reggie take it with a grain of salt because he talks out of nothing half the time.
Posted Image

#36 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

If it was Reggie take it with a grain of salt because he talks out of nothing half the time.

It was Iwata.

http://youtu.be/bXrVe0_3X-4?t=28m51s

Edited by routerbad, 26 February 2013 - 10:26 AM.

#37 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

It was Iwata.

I wonder who they are making these relationships with then?
Posted Image

#38 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

I wonder who they are making these relationships with then?

Exactly why I think Nintendo's e3 is gonna be pretty big.

#39 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

It was Iwata.

http://youtu.be/bXrVe0_3X-4?t=28m51s

Thank you good sir

#40 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

Exactly why I think Nintendo's e3 is gonna be pretty big.

I hope so. I hope they knock it out of the park
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!