• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

i think the games will come and hopefully they will fully utilise the wii u as it is a powerfull machine in it's own right.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#42 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

Lego Batman 2 is heading to Wii U in the spring it seems, another late port but at least its support?

#43 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

another late port but at least its support?

another late port but at least its support

Break it down

Posted Image

....Wow I'm bored

#44 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

This is simply not true.
The Wii gave birth to thousands of new third party games.

The majority of which was rubbish shovelware.

http://playingwithsuperpower.com/the-ten-worst-snes-games-i-have-ever-played/
Bad games exist everywhere.
Your memories are clouded, if you're old enough to have had a SNES as a kid.
If not, you've only heard of the good games.

True but the Wii had a much larger percentage then any other console so far. That was to an extent Nintendo's fault but still there was no excuse for it.

You already replied to that post 15 minutes ago.
That's an opinion. I find the opinion on the wii to be skewed, and quite childish.
The SNES had many worse games on it than the Wii, but memories fade.

Rubbish. The view on Wii games is neither skewed or childish. If anything its the games themselves that were mostly childish and lacking any sense of proper design, gameplay or quality presentation, graphics and sound.

I agree with Nollog. Now while there are some amazing games on the SNES, it also does have MANY more horrible games than the Wii did. And this is because the library was bigger on the SNES. The SNES is my favorite console of all time, but let's take off the rose-tinted glasses, people.

I disagree. The library of Wii games is far larger then that of the SNES and it has far more forgettable mediocre games then the SNES.

#45 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

The majority of which was rubbish shovelware.

True but the Wii had a much larger percentage then any other console so far. That was to an extent Nintendo's fault but still there was no excuse for it.

Rubbish. The view on Wii games is neither skewed or childish. If anything its the games themselves that were mostly childish and lacking any sense of proper design, gameplay or quality presentation, graphics and sound.

The library of Wii games is far larger then that of the SNES and it has far more forgettable mediocre games then the SNES.

I disagree.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#46 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

I disagree.

I suspect the majority out there will disagree with you.

#47 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

I doubt it. SNES was rife with crappy licensed movie and tv tie in games. Which forms the basis of the idea that movie based games are garbage.

#48 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

They always do.
They cite games like Super Mario World, one of the best games of all time as evidence that no bad games existed.
Because memories fade, rosees are worn over glasses, and people weren't even there.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#49 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

I think it will take games like Bayonetta 2, Need For Speed Most Wanted U and Watch Dogs to show other developers what the system can actually do when you put the time in, hopefully that will be enough to secure some 3rd party support, if not I think Nintendo might wanna take some risks buy paying 3rd party devs to port games.

#50 Lunity

Lunity

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

I'm not convinced Nintendo will I mean it's a worrying sign that bioshock and grand theft auto plus tomb raider there's no talk of a wii u version of these Nintendo really should of been working hard to acquire these so that they could shout from the roof tops that we have these but we don't so what now if they didn't put in the effort to guarantee these only launch what's the hope for the future I'm deeply skeptical really I hope Nintendo get their backside in gear but I'm not hopeful.

#51 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

I'm not convinced Nintendo will I mean it's a worrying sign that bioshock and grand theft auto plus tomb raider there's no talk of a wii u version of these Nintendo really should of been working hard to acquire these so that they could shout from the roof tops that we have these but we don't so what now if they didn't put in the effort to guarantee these only launch what's the hope for the future I'm deeply skeptical really I hope Nintendo get their backside in gear but I'm not hopeful.

Then again, there was no talk of Watch Dogs coming to Wii U either, until after the Sony announcement. I'm not saying this means they are coming to the Wii U, but there is much more that goes on in the background than many care to realize.

#52 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

In a word, no.

#53 Death Stare Obama

Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

They always do.
They cite games like Super Mario World, one of the best games of all time as evidence that no bad games existed.
Because memories fade, rosees are worn over glasses, and people weren't even there.

I hated super mario world
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
XD
I liked the snes for its RPG's tho
no one will disagree that wii did not have many good RPG's

Lego Batman 2 is heading to Wii U in the spring it seems, another late port but at least its support?

I'm okay with it if its $20-$30
If they seriously try to milk $50-$60 out of an old lego game I will kill myself tho XD

Edited by dtrexgaming, 27 February 2013 - 04:09 PM.

eKsvghU.jpg

#54 Dusean17

Dusean17

Blooper

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:
    PATAPON | LBP | DIGIMON | ZELDA | KIRBY

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

Not entirely sure, because it hasn't been going well no but even still it can pick up if they truly strive for it. Nintendo are great for First-Party as well as Sony but then again Nintendo does have standard hardware with the capabilities to handle them.
But like I said its caught up with last gen specs so we can't simply say that yet but Nintendo is so strong they can survive on their own!

PlayStationUnityampNintendoUnitySingleSi

To visit my Nintendo Channel click the link above, to visit my PlayStation Channel click here.

#55 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:08 AM

to make the wii u a success. We havent gotten a ton of good 3rd party games on nintendo since SNES. Do you think wii u will have lots of great third party titles or not?

I don't think it will, at least not what I call "a ton".

#56 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

I don't think it will, at least not what I call "a ton".

Yeah I wouldn't think a ton, or at least not ALL of it, but we can rest assured the quality of the third party titles will be better than they were for the Wii.

#57 joey0480

joey0480

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

I am a bit worried they won't.  I know all the analysts are down on the wii u and people claim it has only been a few months, but I am starting to get worried that the third party support is going to be minimal going forward. 

#58 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

To be a 'success' financially?

I'm really not sure where we'd be able to draw that line. Nintendo draws appeal to me over other consoles and PC because I have interest in their first party titles that I can't find anywhere else. So, for me, Nintendo's consoles have a unique appeal that others can not have.

However, seeing that the Wii U is a HD console, I was hoping that perhaps it'd be able to catch all of these third party titles that the Wii had to miss out because it was an entire generation behind. Every single third party title I could have wanted has completely missed the Wii U for no reason, and it frustrates me. What exactly keeps them away from the Wii U? The PS4 didn't look very impressive to me, but maybe I just didn't see enough.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#59 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:58 AM

I think Nintendo should start communicating with popular developers and Publish exclusive new IPs knowing now that Crytek loves the Wii U and would love to develop for it I'd love Nintendo to go "here's complete creative freedom, here's some money show us what you can do to make a new, interesting and awesome IP" if they did this with some other major developers allowing them to create whatever they want at any age rating - just go nuts with imaginations pushing the Wii U to its boundaries both hardware and imagination wise THAT would be a great way of gaining 3rd party support, as well as exclusive game titles.

Another thing Nintendo could do is give cash to indie developers, or even buy indie developers to be part of Nintendo's first party. Again allowing they to create what they want with New IPs under all genres. What developers LOVE equally or more than money is creative freedom, and so long as Nintendo didn't restrict the content and allowed it to be whatever age rating, and whatever genre they'd be laughing

Edited by Penguin101, 02 March 2013 - 08:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!